Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag "DEAL IS DEAD"

Ordered 3. Wish I had more Best Buy credit but I am all out now after these, Persona Q, and the Razer Mouse DotD a few weeks ago. Hoping to... replenish my credit tomorrow, though. Hehehe.

Lol, why are people buying multiple copies? To pocket $5?

As far as the game is concerned, this is the first Assassin's Creed I've seen through to the end. $10 is definitely worth it for those on the fence. The ship battles and seafaring are a lot of fun. I'm still not a fan of the sticky jump/parkour but it's at least improved since earlier installments.

Last edited by a moderator:
In for one, will have to wait and see if they actually honor the price or cancel it. Skipped the last AC because it bored me but for $9 after GCU I'll give this a try. Flip it on Ebay for $20 something when I'm done with it. Nice find.
worth $24 @ gamestop if you trade towards select games using all the promos + doing a trade in, certain places run the trade in value tax free. So your money back would almost be like: $24 * whatever your tax rate is. Just letting you know.

Bought so hard!

Despite my cert not working on the website.

I will possibly do a return/rebuy to get my cert to apply.

But overall not a bad price to add to the X1 collection.

Going to trade in my Wii U version and get this instead.  Can get $12 trade in for Wii U version if I add it to the preorder for Smash.  The Wii U version looks worse than AC2 did on my PC :(

I've purchased more copies of black flag than any other game ... well maybe at least it's a close between ac4 , portal 2 , and the orange box .

i can't seem to find it under their terms and conditions or rules or anywhere. can someone point that out to me. I didn't know the limit was only for new games, not used
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club-Unlocked/td-p/723505

Limit is only for new games, no mention of a limit on used games because there is none.

Q: Once I am a member of Gamers Club Unlocked, is there a limit to how many new video games I can buy with my 20% discount?

A: Yes. Members are limited to 3 copies of any one title (example: 2 copies for PS4, 1 copy for Xbox 360 = 3 total).

i can't seem to find it under their terms and conditions or rules or anywhere. can someone point that out to me. I didn't know the limit was only for new games, not used
The limit applies to games that you save the 20% on. Are you saving 20% on used games? No, so it doesn't apply.

Ordered 1 for in store pick up.  My GCU didn't apply, but I think there's a computer error this morning as it couldn't list my transaction history.  I'll just have them fix it when I pick up in the store.

I was going to order one for store pickup but the closest store available was close but not worth the gas. So I tried for shipping. I hope it comes complete.

How are people getting more than 1? I keep getting "Sorry, the item could not be added to your cart. You've already added the maximum-allowed quantity."

I was going to order one for store pickup but the closest store available was close but not worth the gas. So I tried for shipping. I hope it comes complete.
If you just want to see if your local store has it, make sure to use the front page of the item and not the actual pickup in store screen. If your local store shows as "Available 7/6/14" on the item page and not the pickup page, it means the store has 1-2 copies. Pickup page only shows stores that have 3+ copies of a game.

According to the CS rep on the BBY forums, the reason why you cant place an order for online pickup unless a store has 3+ of an item is the occasion that the item is "open box". Lord knows I don't want an open box used game.

Hmm, I was going to keep this but my local GS has a used Sniper Elite 3 for XB1. I guess I'll trade it in and buy that. Use a b-day coupon and only spend $10.xx on SE3 sounds good to me.
I got sniper elite 3 and 2 of my friends did too and we all basically hate it. 2 was decent for me and they really loved it but so far the sniping is minimal. I'm doing it solo first but they beat it coop last night. I'm probably just gonna get rid of it soon since too much of it for me has been walking close quarters and killing people with the pistol. I've only done the first 3 missions and they said there is more sniping in the game but I'm pretty disappointed. The online basically doesn't exist since matchmaking puts you with one, maybe 2 people. For the price you'd get it for its probably worth it since you won't lose much trading it in

Hmm, I was going to keep this but my local GS has a used Sniper Elite 3 for XB1. I guess I'll trade it in and buy that. Use a b-day coupon and only spend $10.xx on SE3 sounds good to me.
(accidental double post)

I got sniper elite 3 and 2 of my friends did too and we all basically hate it. 2 was decent for me and they really loved it but so far the sniping is minimal. I'm doing it solo first but they beat it coop last night. I'm probably just gonna get rid of it soon since too much of it for me has been walking close quarters and killing people with the pistol. I've only done the first 3 missions and they said there is more sniping in the game but I'm pretty disappointed. The online basically doesn't exist since matchmaking puts you with one, maybe 2 people. For the price you'd get it for its probably worth it since you won't lose much trading it in
Yea, I haven't heard much good things about this one. I figure it'll be a $3-$4 rental, so I definitely won't lose too much. Surprised that the mp is dead already considering this game is only $49.99 msrp or $40 GCU. Cheaper than all the other new releases.

Also ordered one for in-store pickup.  I'm tempted to order this from a couple of stores just in case one of them is out of stock when they open or something. Really happy with this price as I almost ordered for $25 from Amazon.

I have a lot of stores near me showing it's available for pick-up but I did the shipping for $2.99.

I've played the game on Ps4 already and got one for Xbox One. I'm seeing that the season pass has a discount on the Xbox One marketplace for $13.99. Anyone who has it? Is it worth it?

I've played the game on Ps4 already and got one for Xbox One. I'm seeing that the season pass has a discount on the Xbox One marketplace for $13.99. Anyone who has it? Is it worth it?

was wanting to play AC4 on XB1...missed this deal.  now i can't bring myself to buy it for more than $10 lol

i have a sealed x360 copy i got as a gift

If you play multiplayer, then it'll be more worth it because you get the extra characters.

For single player, you get special upgrades for the Jackdaw ship only available with the season pass, more ship upgrades from the Ezio and Altair collection, 3 single player missions/islands and costumes, swords, etc... and the Freedom Cry DLC.

For $14, it is definitely worth it.

If you want just the Freedom Cry DLC, it is also discounted on Xbox One for $7.

[quote name="genneo" post="11898303" timestamp="1404658463"]If you play multiplayer, then it'll be more worth it because you get the extra characters.

For single player, you get special upgrades for the Jackdaw ship only available with the season pass, more ship upgrades from the Ezio and Altair collection, 3 single player missions/islands and costumes, swords, etc... and the Freedom Cry DLC.

For $14, it is definitely worth it.

If you want just the Freedom Cry DLC, it is also discounted on Xbox One for $7.[/quote]

Thanks for the info man, really appreciate it.

bread's done
Back