Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag "DEAL IS DEAD"

[quote name="Bobby's Universe" post="11898699" timestamp="1404674702"]Let him have his moment...we'll tell him tomorrow lol[/quote]

Lol.. I'm just surprised mine are in excellent condition hahahaha

called my nearest bb to check stock since it said 0 for the online inventory checker. the rep said they had 1 left and insisted i come to the store to find it myself. i asked if i could stay on the phone while they located it, NOPE. went there right away, couldn't find it. went to the front desk and ended up speaking to the same rep. he said he wished he could have bought it himself.

he checked stock one more time for me and it still said available, 1 left. YEAH BECAUSE YOU STASHED IT, DUDE!! (probably not)

there were a few more stores 20+ minutes away that have exactly 1 in stock, but i'm done. not worth the time and gas. i still have plenty of other games to play in the meantime.

Last edited by a moderator:
called my nearest bb to check stock since it said 0 for the online inventory checker. the rep said they had 1 left and insisted i come to the store to find it myself. i asked if i could stay on the phone while they located it, NOPE. went there right away, couldn't find it. went to the front desk and ended up speaking to the same rep. he said he wished he could have bought it himself.

he checked stock one more time for me and it still said available, 1 left. YEAH BECAUSE YOU STASHED IT, DUDE!! (probably not)

there were a few more stores 20+ minutes away that have exactly 1 in stock, but i'm done. not worth the time and gas. i still have plenty of other games to play in the meantime.
To be fair, I've encountered that a couple of times myself--the "1 left" indicator can be an inventory error.

Picked up my in store order and they had one other copy so I bought that also.  I am keeping one and I traded the other to GS for $19.20.  I did not use the 30% bonus because I no longer buy on release day.  Games drop at least $10 pretty fast and I was only getting an extra $4.80 to preorder.  I did not want to deal with cancelling the game either. 

Also picked up a new copy of The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for $10 on clearance.  Pretty sure I will regret it but I have been really really good this past 10 months about buying games.

To be fair, I've encountered that a couple of times myself--the "1 left" indicator can be an inventory error.
i believe that. i just hate that i had to go down there myself to verify it wasn't where it's supposed to be. it would have taken him 2 minutes over the phone. i politely asked him to check for me over the phone and he insisted i had to do it myself.

if a few people here know it could be an error, surely this guy knew it, too.

I found one at my local BB for 8.99 after GCU. (the online tracker said none available but they had 2 left so one left after I bought mine.)

Called first and the guy said I could buy it over the phone then pick it up later. Then the computer wouldn't let him do that so he saved it for me. I talked to a different person in store that said they can't hold it without some kind of payment (online or by phone), but I had her look anyways and she found the one waiting for me.

Thanks OP

Went back this afternoon and all six of them that were there this morning were gone. Either someone stashed them or el hoardo grabbed them all.

Thanks op. Went to the Leominster MA BB and found the last copy. Feel like I should play all the others on PC but I dont have time for that

lol, apparently whoever pulled my order couldn't find the two used copies with generic artwork that were mixed in with the used bf4s.

So I got a new copy for $8.99

I was able to get a copy instore, the game is complete and in like new condition.

Went back this afternoon and all six of them that were there this morning were gone. Either someone stashed them or el hoardo grabbed them all.
Werent you planning on doing the exact same thing? lol I hope people who actually wanted to play it got them.

I was able to get a copy instore, the game is complete and in like new condition.

Werent you planning on doing the exact same thing? lol I hope people who actually wanted to play it got them.
I wasn't going to buy all of them. I was thinking about using my rewards certs on one or two more. I also hope that people who wanted them got them. That's why I left them there in the first place.

Sigh...went down to my local best buy...they literally had one used game (Ryse) and a total of 12 new games for the XB1 that were not named Titanfall or Call of Duty (even then 4 of those were The Lego Movie)...and naturally no one there "worked in that department" to answer any questions.  Still did pick up Killzone and got several offers to trade in my phone that I just bought last month.  I'm depressed now.  I need a shoulder to cry on (especially one that's cute and female).

How long does it usually take for online orders to ship?
Shipping Methods

We offer three methods for shipping your orders from BestBuy.com:
  • Standard — 4 to 8 business days
    Includes 1 day for processing and 3 to 7 days for transit.

• Expedited — 3 business days
    Includes 1 day for processing and 2 days for transit.

• Express — 2 business days
    Includes 1 day for processing and 1 day for transit.

Business days include Monday–Friday, excluding holidays. You can see estimated arrival dates on each product page and in your Cart.

Shipping Methods

We offer three methods for shipping your orders from BestBuy.com:
  • Standard — 4 to 8 business days
    Includes 1 day for processing and 3 to 7 days for transit.

• Expedited — 3 business days
    Includes 1 day for processing and 2 days for transit.

• Express — 2 business days
    Includes 1 day for processing and 1 day for transit.

Business days include Monday–Friday, excluding holidays. You can see estimated arrival dates on each product page and in your Cart.
Lol at that standard. I reliably got things in 8 days or less I would be much happier and more willing to order for shipping.

I was able to pick up a copy even though the website said unavailable. I'm pretty sure i'm going to return it. it doesn't have the official case. :???:

lol, apparently whoever pulled my order couldn't find the two used copies with generic artwork that were mixed in with the used bf4s.

So I got a new copy for $8.99
Back in the day when the Halo Combat Evolved for the 360 was a daily deal I ended up with a new one instead of used. Good feeling.

Grabbed 2 of them thanks! Have not played it yet so I am excited! Going to trade one in tomorrow!

My online order for shipping is still being processed - I.e. not canceled, at least not yet. I managed to check in store and there weren't any.

During the install it keeps getting stuck at 90% for me. Disc looks like its in goof condition but already deleted the install once and started over. Hoping it works eventually

During the install it keeps getting stuck at 90% for me. Disc looks like its in goof condition but already deleted the install once and started over. Hoping it works eventually
try installing it while not connected to Xbox Live. That worked for me when I encountered these problems. Or it just could be the disc :\

try installing it while not connected to Xbox Live. That worked for me when I encountered these problems. Or it just could be the disc :\
Trying that now. Thanks, hadnt that of that at all

Edit. And I think this is working. It told me it was ready to start which it hadnt before.

Maybe...maybe...maybe...just checked the order status and it appears to be going through...maybe the website just glitched or picked up an old cookie.....mmmm....cookies...

A local Best Buy had 20+ copies yesterday on the shelf of this game. I ordered one for store pick this morning and when I went to get it they said they "gave" my reserved one to someone else. When the manager walked over to see why I was there for so long he gave me someone else's online purchased copy. Guy working the desk said he didn't know about the promo but all the copies were mysteriously gone.....

Doubt they 20+ copies. Did you stand there and count them?
Honestly? yes. I was shocked by how many they had. When the deal popped this morning and the two BB's closest to me had none I remembered I had gone into the one (Greenspoint BB in Houston) while looking for some speakers for a friend yesterday after work.

Honestly? yes. I was shocked by how many they had. When the deal popped this morning and the two BB's closest to me had none I remembered I had gone into the one (Greenspoint BB in Houston) while looking for some speakers for a friend yesterday after work.
Grenspoint?! Why on EARTH would you shop there when you could head the 15mins up the road to Spring or 20mins up the Woodlands. There's a reason it's called Gunspoint! :)

Grenspoint?! Why on EARTH would you shop there when you could head the 15mins up the road to Spring or 20mins up the Woodlands. There's a reason it's called Gunspoint! :)
Sadly I currently work in that area and it is close. Trust me I pray every day I make it out alive.

I also live in Houston and I was under the impression that Greenspoint had been cleaned up pretty decently.  I am surprised to hear that its sliding backwards.  

When I went to trade in my one copy to gamestop. The manager said to the other employees what are we going to do with all this copy of ac IV. Guess with this deal and the target deal from a few weeks ago, they must have a good amount.

just giving you a hard time. I live in Houston as well.

Sadly I currently work in that area and it is close. Trust me I pray every day I make it out alive.
shoot, you guys weren't kidding. i looked up Greenspoint houston on google. i get hits like gunspoint, crime next to it.

shoot, you guys weren't kidding. i looked up Greenspoint houston on google. i get hits like gunspoint, crime next to it.
Yep, really bad over there. I remember a couple years ago, some people robbed a whole a line of people waiting for the Jordans to come out. Gunspoint Mall is no joke. Google Gunspoint Mall and you will see how bad it is.

edit- not that bad anymore but used to be the worst place to go

bread's done
Back