Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag "DEAL IS DEAD"

[quote name="sp00ge" post="11898284" timestamp="1404657105"]Trades for 16 base at Gamestop. With E3 bonus, PUR and 10% iOS coupon it should trade for $24.[/quote

Is the e3 bonus automated?

was wanting to play AC4 on XB1...missed this deal. now i can't bring myself to buy it for more than $10 lol

i have a sealed x360 copy i got as a gift
If you can get to a store, trade in that 360 copy at Best Buy then PM the online price for AC4 on XB1. It'll be $5 or so out of pocket.

Sweet deal after gc was able to go in store and get two for $10 . Very nice :) . One thing the site said there were none available and there were 5 copies there at sale price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boo, local store had 1 copy but it was defective so they were sending it back to corporate (or so they say,  possible an employee just wanted it for himself)

Boo, local store had 1 copy but it was defective so they were sending it back to corporate (or so they say, possible an employee just wanted it for himself)
How could they know it was defective? Why was it out on the floor unless it hadn't been tested beforehand? Something sounds fishy here...

If you can get to a store, trade in that 360 copy at Best Buy then PM the online price for AC4 on XB1. It'll be $5 or so out of pocket.
are you talking about buying a used copy of AC4 in-store? none of the stores in my area have it pre-owned. if i am buying it new, which store am i having best buy PM? thanks for your help.

are you talking about buying a used copy of AC4 in-store? none of the stores in my area have it pre-owned. if i am buying it new, which store am i having best buy PM? thanks for your help.
FYI, if the online inventory checker says an item is "Unavailable", that doesn't mean there aren't any copies in stock, just that there are at most 2 copies available.

And you're looking for a used copy, not a new one, since no one is selling it new for $9.99.

BB just gave me a cancelation notification stating they removed the item from my order.  Wonder if anybody else is actually going to get theirs.

BB just gave me a cancelation notification stating they removed the item from my order. Wonder if anybody else is actually going to get theirs.
Was your order set for in-store pickup or ship-to-home? I haven't received any notification yet, thankfully.

Just picked mine up for in store pickup. The store had at least five more copies. Thinking about going in later and picking up a couple more.

That's what I chose, though I haven't received any cancellation notices thus far.
I didn't get a notification either. I went to the Best Buy website to check on the Killzone offer and the message came up. If you go to the best buy website, check to see if an item was removed from your cart.

Can't really say I'm surprised though. I used to work for a store that had a similar pricing error. We had to take the item off the shelves and hide them in the warehouse. If the customer asked, we had to tell them we were sold out.

I didn't get a notification either. I went to the Best Buy website to check on the Killzone offer and the message came up. If you go to the best buy website, check to see if an item was removed from your cart.

Can't really say I'm surprised though. I used to work for a store that had a similar pricing error. We had to take the item off the shelves and hide them in the warehouse. If the customer asked, we had to tell them we were sold out.
Oh, so you hadn't actually bought a copy yet, but it was removed from your cart? I placed my order early this morning, almost as soon as this thread was posted.

FYI, if the online inventory checker says an item is "Unavailable", that doesn't mean there aren't any copies in stock, just that there are at most 2 copies available.

And you're looking for a used copy, not a new one, since no one is selling it new for $9.99.
i will stop by bb if i get called for work. bb is a bit out of a trip for me and i hate going all the way there to find they are sold out. would it be a bad idea to call them to verify stock? i don't want to alert any hoarding employees.

i will stop by bb if i get called for work. bb is a bit out of a trip for me and i hate going all the way there to find they are sold out. would it be a bad idea to call them to verify stock? i don't want to alert any hoarding employees.
When I called my store to verify the price, for some reason the employee said she wasn't allowed to say how many copies they had. Your store might be different, and it is a possibility that an employee might decide to get a copy for himself, but the employee who answers the phone might not work in electronics and, as such, may not care about the low price.

If you decide to call and verify, give them the SKU to check: 2939152.

Oh, so you hadn't actually bought a copy yet, but it was removed from your cart? I placed my order early this morning, almost as soon as this thread was posted.
No, I actually purchased it...credit card and everything...got my email stating they received the order.

[quote name="x360x" post="11898490" timestamp="1404665463"]Yeah. They are kindle cards like at best buy[/quote
Thanks for the info :)

Just picked up my 1 copy. Looking forward to playing the MP again. Yes, I know. It's shocking I actually want the game to play it, not flip.

Just picked up my 1 copy. Looking forward to playing the MP again. Yes, I know. It's shocking I actually want the game to play it, not flip.
If you have a My Best Buy credit card and Gamers Club Unlocked, you may as well try to get two, if you can. GCU will bring the price down to $9.50 after tax, and it trades in for $16.50 after tax. Including the points bonuses that you will get for both purchases, which should come out to about a dollar each, you make your money back on the one that you keep through the one that you trade.

Just got back from BB with my copy, and I got an awesome deal.  I asked them to fix it since my GCU didn't apply when I ordered online, but instead of taking off $1, they PM'd for $1, so I walked out with my copy for $1.09 after tax.  Even asked the store manager about it and she told me not to worry about it.

Gotta love when BB screws up in your favor! :)

I went to my best buy and grabbed one for the hell of it. For some reason they were only in the back... I wonder if they had pulled them from the shelves or something? Debating if I want to flip it or keep it. Played before on PS4 but I want to play the DLC....

Stupid Best Buy.

I called 2 local stores to see if they had it in stock. Apparently they use BestBuy.com to check inventory. That is beyond stupid. I can easily check the website myself. I had to tell the associates to log into RSS and check actual inventory versus the website.

Really Best Buy?

Stupid Best Buy.

I called 2 local stores to see if they had it in stock. Apparently they use BestBuy.com to check inventory. That is beyond stupid. I can easily check the website myself. I had to tell the associates to log into RSS and check actual inventory versus the website.

Really Best Buy?
They always do this, even if you go INTO the store and ask them to find something they'll just check up on their website, which is yeah, really stupid.

I picked up the one they had at my best buy and traded to gamestop, picked up PvZ garden warfare for about $15 out of pocket total. With the iPhone app this trades in for $19.20

Picked both I ordered and they we're sealed in like new condition. What a steal for me... Thanks again OP, you da man!

bread's done
Back