Assassin's Creed Revelations (360/PS3) $39.96 at Walmart

sgaldis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]25838[/IMG-R]This discount is only valid in-store on the version that includes the Walmart exclusive Armor of Brutus DLC.[/preview]

Title says it all. Was just up at Wally World doing some late night shopping, and stopped by the game section as I always do. As I was glancing at the new releases, I noticed this price on the PS3 version of AC:R. Went down to the Xbox section, and lo and behold, the same price. Found another game I wanted FOR SURE, so I decided to go ahead and grab AC and see if it rang up as such. Sure enough, it came up at $39.96. Went to another store across town, and although it wasn't out, the shelf sticker had the same price for both systems.

I have checked Walmart.com, and they show the full price, so this is either going to be extremely YMMV, or an in-store only thing. It seems to me that they have somehow put the AC: Brotherhood price on the new game, but it is ringing out properly and everything. If you are at all interested in this deal, I would go ahead down there and check; if it's a glitch, who knows when it will be cleaned up.

This is not a bad deal, considering it's only about $10 more than Black Friday, you can have it on day one, Wal-Mart has some exclusive DLC, and AC 1 is included on the PS3 disc, as well. Then again, it's really only an OK deal compared to the other game I snagged for $39.96. ;)

EDIT:

Shelf Tag:
6347040184_c595718cef.jpg

Pic/Receipt:
6347049812_66ef377dc0.jpg

Receipt:
6346305863_394b6bab99.jpg

:D

EDIT 2:

This does appear to be live in-store; it has been confirmed in many different states at this point. If you are interested, I would try to go out post haste, because who knows if this is some kind of glitch, and how/when it will be fixed.

EDIT 3:

Apparently there are two different versions/SKU's of this game available at Wal-Mart. The one I got (and many others have found) which is pictured above, includes the Wal-Mart exclusive preorder Armor of Brutus DLC; this copy is ringing out at $39.96. There is also a plain version of the game (just like you would find at any other retailer) without the exclusive DLC; this 'vanilla' version is coming up full price, $59.96.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Irrat8ed']Tried that originally...thought I might be doing it wrong. Tried again...nothing comes up for the Walmart version.[/QUOTE]

Ah, yeah when it doesn't come up, then it's not one of their SKUs. They won't accept trade-ins for that version then. I'll snag myself a regular version.

Thank you very much Irrat8ed.

[quote name='sgaldis'][preview][IMG-R=5838]25838[/IMG-R]This discount is only valid in-store on the version that includes the Walmart exclusive Armor of Brutus DLC.[/preview]

Title says it all. Was just up at Wally World doing some late night shopping, and stopped by the game section as I always do. As I was glancing at the new releases, I noticed this price on the PS3 version of AC:R. Went down to the Xbox section, and lo and behold, the same price. Found another game I wanted FOR SURE, so I decided to go ahead and grab AC and see if it rang up as such. Sure enough, it came up at $39.96. Went to another store across town, and although it wasn't out, the shelf sticker had the same price for both systems.

I have checked Walmart.com, and they show the full price, so this is either going to be extremely YMMV, or an in-store only thing. It seems to me that they have somehow put the AC: Brotherhood price on the new game, but it is ringing out properly and everything. If you are at all interested in this deal, I would go ahead down there and check; if it's a glitch, who knows when it will be cleaned up.

This is not a bad deal, considering it's only about $10 more than Black Friday, you can have it on day one, Wal-Mart has some exclusive DLC, and AC 1 is included on the PS3 disc, as well. Then again, it's really only an OK deal compared to the other game I snagged for $39.96. ;)

EDIT:

Shelf Tag:
6347040184_c595718cef.jpg

Pic/Receipt:
6347049812_66ef377dc0.jpg

Receipt:
6346305863_394b6bab99.jpg

:D

EDIT 2:

This does appear to be live in-store; it has been confirmed in many different states at this point. If you are interested, I would try to go out post haste, because who knows if this is some kind of glitch, and how/when it will be fixed.

EDIT 3:

Apparently there are two different versions/SKU's of this game available at Wal-Mart. The one I got (and many others have found) which is pictured above, includes the Wal-Mart exclusive preorder Armor of Brutus DLC; this copy is ringing out at $39.96. There is also a plain version of the game (just like you would find at any other retailer) without the exclusive DLC; this 'vanilla' version is coming up full price, $59.96.[/QUOTE]

DOH! Not sure why I thought you found that Star Wars at Target tor $19.98!:whistle2:#

Someone in the Sony thread found it for $9.xx..

In Vero Beach, FL, they had $39.96 prices everywhere for that game. I snagged myself a copy for the Xbox360. When the lady took the game out of the glass case she looked at it funnily and walked with me to the front counter to let the cashier know that the signs said $39.96 even though it rang up for $59.99. They gave me the sale price and the first lady was talking about how someone must've mixed up the barcodes. Either way, oh well. Win for me. :)

When I went, the xbox version rang up as 40, but the ps3 rang as 60. The tag for ps3 showed 40 so I made her give me the 40 price. She got all upset and took the rest of the ps3 versions off the shelf. I'm guessing maybe it was meant to be for black friday pricing, but who knows.

NICE!!! Went to the Pewaukee, WI location after work to pick one up for my brother. He called a couple stores and that was the only one that still had $40 price. Anyway, I ended buying a copy for myself. Brutus sticker game rang up at $40, regular one rang up at $60. Asked the cashier to try another one with Brutus sticker and sure enough it rang up at $40!

Edit: Both were Ps3

No go in Tyler, TX tried every store. Only xbox versión shows up as that price. Oh well just gotta wait till next Friday.

No go at the Walmart in Elk Grove Village or Bloomingdale, IL.

EDIT- Walmart in Addison (Lake & Rohlwing) has plenty of copies as of an hour ago for both systems, and at the $40 price. Go get em!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AHiddenLink']Walmart in Glen Burnie (Ordnance Rd.) had a few copies left of both 360/PS3 versions, got a PS3 version myself.[/QUOTE]
And I have found where i am going after work!

Thanks!

I went to Wal-Mart on the 15th. I looked all around the store and no copies of the game were to be found. I went to an employee and asked her if they had any copies of the game that was supposed to come out that day and had all kinds of promotional crap hanging off the sides of the game lockers to advertise it. With a real suspicious look on her face, she told me they couldn't find any copies of the game, after hesitating for a bit, trying to come up with an excuse. Her advice was to come back to the next day. So I came back the next day and still no games were to be found, except two or three of the regular copies sitting on the bottom of the shelf. No price tags or spots allocated for AC:R.

I think the employees took all of the damn games with the DLC on release day.

DEAL IS DEAD.. in virginia at least i was just at several walmarts in my area and was told by the electronics dept./zone mgr. all the stores in their districts got emails telling them to remove all the 39.96 stickers and that the upc offices would change all sku's to the 59.96 price

they had numerous copies of both sku's but were all priced at 59.

as i was leaving one of the associates was hanging a generic were sorry/ price error msg with assasins creed pic on it

Went to Poway, California store this afternoon, deal was dead. Brutus stickered copies were $59. Oh well, bestbuy here I come on black Friday.

[quote name='teknobeavr']DEAL IS DEAD.. in virginia at least i was just at several walmarts in my area and was told by the electronics dept./zone mgr. all the stores in their districts got emails telling them to remove all the 39.96 stickers and that the upc offices would change all sku's to the 59.96 price

they had numerous copies of both sku's but were all priced at 59.

as i was leaving one of the associates was hanging a generic were sorry/ price error msg with assasins creed pic on it[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I'm sure they are soooo sorry. :roll:

:booty:

I'm surprised people are still randomly getting this deal... it must have been one big of a "F" up for it to take this long to correct.

Question for you guys who bought the PS3 version:

The free copy of Ass Creed 1, do you play it off of the disk or does it install on to the HDD and you can play it whenever? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='variablesunknown']Went to Poway, California store this afternoon, deal was dead. Brutus stickered copies were $59. Oh well, bestbuy here I come on black Friday.[/QUOTE]

sorry dood if i were able to post a few days earlier i would have stated that south bay walmart was good to go for the price. i just called before hand to confirm before i drove down there since i'm only 5 mins away.:cry:

I do have a question for all though. Now pardon me if this is a rookie question but have any of you purchased a game prior to black friday then return & repurchase on black friday later throughout the day so that you may purchase it for the sale price? I thought about this due to what i did when i bought disgaea 4. i received the bbuy coupon in the mail & went back to return/repurchase & i was simply refunded the difference, nothing more so i fgured well heck, if it's still sealed & you purchased it beforehand, why not just come back 2-3 days during black friday & do the aforementioned. After all, it is black friday & the game is sealed so i don't see why not. With this in mind, I have yet to see anything set in rules & regulations regarding this but correct me if im wrong.

[quote name='N4M3LE5S']sorry dood if i were able to post a few days earlier i would have stated that south bay walmart was good to go for the price. i just called before hand to confirm before i drove down there since i'm only 5 mins away.:cry:

I do have a question for all though. Now pardon me if this is a rookie question but have any of you purchased a game prior to black friday then return & repurchase on black friday later throughout the day so that you may purchase it for the sale price? I thought about this due to what i did when i bought disgaea 4. i received the bbuy coupon in the mail & went back to return/repurchase & i was simply refunded the difference, nothing more so i fgured well heck, if it's still sealed & you purchased it beforehand, why not just come back 2-3 days during black friday & do the aforementioned. After all, it is black friday & the game is sealed so i don't see why not. With this in mind, I have yet to see anything set in rules & regulations regarding this but correct me if im wrong.[/QUOTE]

Would be YMMV.... some might view this as a price match and not allow the repurchase at the service desk and may force you to try and find another copy in the store.

It's a loop hole, but I've never tried it... you're always welcome to try at your local store though, but it will depend on the person working the counter and then the manager if goes that far.

Wow, I don't get why this is on the front page without at least a YMMV in the title. I've been to four different Walmarts with this $40 story and they all thought I was a fucking spaceman.

I think it would be responsible not to get anyone's hopes up over an unlikely situation and waste their gas money only to be disappointed.

[quote name='redroversk']Wow, I don't get why this is on the front page without at least a YMMV in the title. I've been to four different Walmarts with this $40 story and they all thought I was a fucking spaceman.

I think it would be responsible not to get anyone's hopes up over an unlikely situation and waste their gas money only to be disappointed.[/QUOTE]

It's dead bro.

It was listed as YMMV on Tuesday but was widespread.

If you missed out you waited way too long. It was live for days!

Thanks CAG, and special thanks to the OP, ! :applause: My Wal-Mart only had the "plain vanilla" versions on display in the case, but when I asked the clerk about the "Wal-Mart Exclusive" version she said she would check. Another clerk leaned over and told her, "those are the ones in the back". A minute or so later she returned with it, and $39.96 + tax later :bouncy:

[quote name='arbailey']
Thanks CAG, and special thanks to the OP, ! :applause: My Wal-Mart only had the "plain vanilla" versions on display in the case, but when I asked the clerk about the "Wal-Mart Exclusive" version she said she would check. Another clerk leaned over and told her, "those are the ones in the back". A minute or so later she returned with it, and $39.96 + tax later :bouncy:
[/QUOTE]
Was thaT today?

[quote name='WV Matsui']It's dead bro.

It was listed as YMMV on Tuesday but was widespread.

If you missed out you waited way too long. It was live for days![/QUOTE]
It appears it's not dead, the guy below bought it today, if you can find the Walmart special Edition.

I was at a store in Puerto Rico earlier today and the 360 version was still marked at $39.96. (Walmart at Plaza del Sol, if anyone's interested).
There was only one PS3 copy left, but the tag had been removed, so it was probably at $60.

[quote name='cgm92284']you can install on to your ps3 then you can play whenever 7gb install though[/QUOTE]
Thanks. If this is the case, it would be worth renting/ buying the PS3 version if you get to keep Ass Creed I. This was the case with free Medal of Honor Frontline with PS3 Medal of Honor (2010).

[quote name='technicalstylez']not true. disk is required to play like ds: extraction[/QUOTE]
Are you talking about Revelations or 1? Please confirm.

Well guys they might be cracking down since I got one priced check for 59.96 here in milpitas, ca.

Greenville, PA and Grove City, PA are at $59.99 and was told they were never any different. Will be checking stores in Ohio and West Virginia tonight and will report.

[quote name='XF Gator']Thanks. If this is the case, it would be worth renting/ buying the PS3 version if you get to keep Ass Creed I. This was the case with free Medal of Honor Frontline with PS3 Medal of Honor (2010).

Are you talking about Revelations or 1? Please confirm.[/QUOTE]
Seriously?! You obviously need the disc to play Revelations; so what do you think he's referring to

Is it too late to check? I'm in NJ, and I just didn't have time to pick it up last week. You think if I called they would tell me honestly?

[quote name='XF Gator']Thanks. If this is the case, it would be worth renting/ buying the PS3 version if you get to keep Ass Creed I. This was the case with free Medal of Honor Frontline with PS3 Medal of Honor (2010).

Are you talking about Revelations or 1? Please confirm.[/QUOTE]

You need the Revelations disc to play Assassin's Creed 1 from the harddrive.

even though I got in on this, I want to know if anyone that got it for this price has gone back to the store and seen the price "fixed" or whatever at $59.9x ? If so then it might have been an unintentional sale/glitch

[quote name='joseraul']I was at a store in Puerto Rico earlier today and the 360 version was still marked at $39.96. (Walmart at Plaza del Sol, if anyone's interested).
There was only one PS3 copy left, but the tag had been removed, so it was probably at $60.[/QUOTE]

When was that?!?!?!?!?!?!? :hot:

[quote name='Kidd.o']You need the Revelations disc to play Assassin's Creed 1 from the harddrive.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what that guy is talking about, but you also need the MoH disc to play Frontline.

[quote name='Squall835']I'm not sure what that guy is talking about, but you also need the MoH disc to play Frontline.[/QUOTE]

There was a patch at one point. I forget if it made it do you had to use the disc or if it made it so you didn't have to use the disc for MoH Frontline.

bread's done
Back