Assassin's Creed Revelations (360/PS3) $39.96 at Walmart

sgaldis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]25838[/IMG-R]This discount is only valid in-store on the version that includes the Walmart exclusive Armor of Brutus DLC.[/preview]

Title says it all. Was just up at Wally World doing some late night shopping, and stopped by the game section as I always do. As I was glancing at the new releases, I noticed this price on the PS3 version of AC:R. Went down to the Xbox section, and lo and behold, the same price. Found another game I wanted FOR SURE, so I decided to go ahead and grab AC and see if it rang up as such. Sure enough, it came up at $39.96. Went to another store across town, and although it wasn't out, the shelf sticker had the same price for both systems.

I have checked Walmart.com, and they show the full price, so this is either going to be extremely YMMV, or an in-store only thing. It seems to me that they have somehow put the AC: Brotherhood price on the new game, but it is ringing out properly and everything. If you are at all interested in this deal, I would go ahead down there and check; if it's a glitch, who knows when it will be cleaned up.

This is not a bad deal, considering it's only about $10 more than Black Friday, you can have it on day one, Wal-Mart has some exclusive DLC, and AC 1 is included on the PS3 disc, as well. Then again, it's really only an OK deal compared to the other game I snagged for $39.96. ;)

EDIT:

Shelf Tag:
6347040184_c595718cef.jpg

Pic/Receipt:
6347049812_66ef377dc0.jpg

Receipt:
6346305863_394b6bab99.jpg

:D

EDIT 2:

This does appear to be live in-store; it has been confirmed in many different states at this point. If you are interested, I would try to go out post haste, because who knows if this is some kind of glitch, and how/when it will be fixed.

EDIT 3:

Apparently there are two different versions/SKU's of this game available at Wal-Mart. The one I got (and many others have found) which is pictured above, includes the Wal-Mart exclusive preorder Armor of Brutus DLC; this copy is ringing out at $39.96. There is also a plain version of the game (just like you would find at any other retailer) without the exclusive DLC; this 'vanilla' version is coming up full price, $59.96.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in walmart today and I checked an they did have both a dlc version and a non
dlc version. Both tags said 59.96 but the date on the tag for the dlc version was 11-16 and the date on the non dlc one was 11-13 so im thinking they caught the mistake and printed out new tags today.

[quote name='Preedatore']There's a price change in the system now to fix the pricing. From here on out it's ymmv if your store does the change right away or not.[/QUOTE]

Reading is fun.

what does the signiture edition have

also - is the dlc (code or info) from walmart in the case with the game - i don't see anything on the receipt

i don't want to open it - it's for a gift

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']$20 for the LE version at Target. This isn't a deal.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Didn't know they had targets oversees. Think I can get them to store xfer an LE here?

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Awesome. Didn't know they had targets oversees. Think I can get them to store xfer an LE here?[/QUOTE]

Uhh.. I could've sworn I deleted that on time. That was for the Gears Of War 3 thread. The LE of GOW is $20.

Oops!:cold::whistle2:#

[quote name='thegoodshepherd']also - is the dlc (code or info) from walmart in the case with the game - i don't see anything on the receipt

i don't want to open it - it's for a gift[/QUOTE]

It's in the case which is why there is a sticker on the case saying it comes with DLC.

I like how to OP logged in, realized that the deal was dead for 99% of wal-marts..and left the title alone like it was live.

Thats good stuff.

thank you - thats what i thought - just wanted to make sure

there was mention of something being on the receipt as far as the dlc - theres nothing w/dlc

Amazing! haha

I just got back from Wal-Mart and got ACR for $39.95. The $40 was only for the 360 version and not the PS3 one.

According to a manager.

Their Home office dropped a price mark up today in their system so it's now a YMMV deal for both ps3 & 360.

I went to Wal-mart last night and the game department pulled ALL COPIES from the shelves and said they weren't available because of a "price glitch" (this) and I could try coming back Friday.

Needless to say I left empty handed and have no reason for going back. Just FYI though... There must be a memo out to all game departments of WM. Consider yourself lucky if you get a slacker department. The one I went to was ghetto as $@! and they still knew to pull the copies.

[quote name='Grumpy Bob']I went to Wal-mart last night and the game department pulled ALL COPIES from the shelves and said they weren't available because of a "price glitch" (this) and I could try coming back Friday.

Needless to say I left empty handed and have no reason for going back. Just FYI though... There must be a memo out to all game departments of WM. Consider yourself lucky if you get a slacker department. The one I went to was ghetto as $@! and they still knew to pull the copies.[/QUOTE]

You got bull crapped dude, there was no memo to pull it..trust me.

I went to Walmart, sticker on the shelf says $39.96, but when it run up, it says $59.96. I made sure it's the Walmart DLC version and everyone on my 360 copy.

The customer service manager was "nice" enough to let me have the game plus $3 discount, so pretty much $39.87 on the receipt when you include tax.

Looks like Walmart's computer already corrected the price. When I checked the PS3 version, the tag is already corrected to $59.96.

Just a heads up in California the advertised price is the price you pay. Its a state law. What it wrings up at doesn't matter. If the sign says that specific item is $39.96 you only pay $39.96

Went to walmart, fremont CA around noon and picked one up at 39.96. Its hidden inside. Ask them to check every single copy. They are available for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

FYI on the DLC, the code is an unlock that's already on the disc. This goes for the Signature Ed from gamestop also. I was trying to gameshare the DLC onto my son's PS3 and it didn't work.

Thanks OP. I was going to use a Kmart coupon on this but then I saw your post. Good job! I can use the coupon on something else now.

This is official in the store in Bowie, MD.

Walked in around 5pm, went to video game section, saw AC:R with a shelf tag of 39.99. The box had the "Exclusive: Armor of Brutus Unlock" label on it. There were several copies left after I picked up mine. I had no issues.

[quote name='DJ-of-E']I went to Walmart, sticker on the shelf says $39.96, but when it run up, it says $59.96[/QUOTE]

Same here, but they weren't nice enough to give me the deal. This is the Walmart in Long Island NY, adjacent to Green Acres Mall by the way. Such crap service where the employees clearly did not want to be there. I've never seen a store so unprofessional and I'm not exaggerating one bit.

[quote name='shadowkast']Tag said $39.96 for PS3 at my store, i just couldn't pull the trigger with skyrim in my PS3[/QUOTE]

I felt the exact...same...way.

Then I realized Skyrim was in my PC, and my 360 had Dead Island.

Just came back from Wal-Mart and they still had 360 versions priced at 39.96. My sister got me a copy from the Wal-Mart she works at for 39.96 earlier in the day as well.

i can't believe that people are still getting them for 39 - i was at walmart around 3pm this afternoon and everything was ringing up 59 - i happen to have $20 on a walmart card for the longest time so it wasn't so bad -

the signiture ed seems like it has some good content - i'm thinking of switching

Confirmed @ Walmart in Vancouver, Washington. Worked fine, they had a LOT of copies with the DLC on them.

I got an Xbox360 copy in Va Beach, VA today for $39. They didn't have it on the display rack but they did have some in a stack of games at the bottom of the locked display case. A brand new release not on display? Strange.

I can confirm, ps3 version with DLC is available at Spokane Valley, WA Walmart is marked $39.99, but the only 360 I could find were in a glass endcap cabinet each marked $59.99. I wish I could pick it up, but after UC3, B: AC, Skyrim, and now AC: Brotherhood collectors edition (thanks BB daily deal :roll:) all in one month I'm tapped out. Daddy needs new snow boots more than badass 16th-century Assassinations.... I think... :whistle2:(

Besides, I gotta run through 2 and brotherhood.

[quote name='jr1016']FYI on the DLC, the code is an unlock that's already on the disc. This goes for the Signature Ed from gamestop also. I was trying to gameshare the DLC onto my son's PS3 and it didn't work.[/QUOTE]

All of the Ubisoft stuff always is for AC. You have to enter it in the main menu and while the option is still there for AC 2, they took it out with the last Brotherhood patch.

I've had each CE for the series and it was the same each time. That's why it's an Ubisoft specific code and not an XBox/PSN code.

I pre ordered mine on newegg at $47.99 and I was at my walmart tonight and just thought they put the wrong price at mine wish I woulda known I woulda just gone to walmart to get it

I figured this thread would be best about asking advice.

So I had ordered Revelations from Gamestop so I could get the automatic upgrade to the Signature Edition. I then used the GC I got from MW3 last week to buy another (vanilla) copy of Revelations for $26.

The plan was to put that extra copy up on eBay to cover the cost of the Signature Edition. It's currently up now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/120812606010?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Problem is that no one's bought it yet, and lots of people have their own copies up as well. I'm getting concerned that my copy might not sell in light of all the others put up, or that I will have to lower the price further.

Any advice?

[quote name='SOLDIER']I figured this thread would be best about asking advice.

So I had ordered Revelations from Gamestop so I could get the automatic upgrade to the Signature Edition. I then used the GC I got from MW3 last week to buy another (vanilla) copy of Revelations for $26.

The plan was to put that extra copy up on eBay to cover the cost of the Signature Edition. It's currently up now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/120812606010?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Problem is that no one's bought it yet, and lots of people have their own copies up as well. I'm getting concerned that my copy might not sell in light of all the others put up, or that I will have to lower the price further.

Any advice?[/QUOTE]

if it is a vanilla copy of the game. wal mart returns. get a 64.07 gift card. enjoy

Can someone confirm if the DLC codes for either console work either way, or are they tied to PSN or XBL?

Also, I'd love if someone could offer the walmart DLC code for trade.

[quote name='kayne2000']if it is a vanilla copy of the game. wal mart returns. get a 64.07 gift card. enjoy[/QUOTE]

They won't ask for a receipt?

[quote name='SOLDIER']They won't ask for a receipt?[/QUOTE]

You can usually do a certain number of non-receipt returns per year. Just say it was a gift.

[quote name='SOLDIER']I figured this thread would be best about asking advice.

Any advice?[/QUOTE]

Don't post referral links ie your eBay link.

[quote name='capnrico']You can usually do a certain number of non-receipt returns per year. Just say it was a gift.[/QUOTE]

Don't encourage fraud on here.

bread's done
Back