Assassin's Creed Revelations (360/PS3) $39.96 at Walmart

sgaldis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]25838[/IMG-R]This discount is only valid in-store on the version that includes the Walmart exclusive Armor of Brutus DLC.[/preview]

Title says it all. Was just up at Wally World doing some late night shopping, and stopped by the game section as I always do. As I was glancing at the new releases, I noticed this price on the PS3 version of AC:R. Went down to the Xbox section, and lo and behold, the same price. Found another game I wanted FOR SURE, so I decided to go ahead and grab AC and see if it rang up as such. Sure enough, it came up at $39.96. Went to another store across town, and although it wasn't out, the shelf sticker had the same price for both systems.

I have checked Walmart.com, and they show the full price, so this is either going to be extremely YMMV, or an in-store only thing. It seems to me that they have somehow put the AC: Brotherhood price on the new game, but it is ringing out properly and everything. If you are at all interested in this deal, I would go ahead down there and check; if it's a glitch, who knows when it will be cleaned up.

This is not a bad deal, considering it's only about $10 more than Black Friday, you can have it on day one, Wal-Mart has some exclusive DLC, and AC 1 is included on the PS3 disc, as well. Then again, it's really only an OK deal compared to the other game I snagged for $39.96. ;)

EDIT:

Shelf Tag:
6347040184_c595718cef.jpg

Pic/Receipt:
6347049812_66ef377dc0.jpg

Receipt:
6346305863_394b6bab99.jpg

:D

EDIT 2:

This does appear to be live in-store; it has been confirmed in many different states at this point. If you are interested, I would try to go out post haste, because who knows if this is some kind of glitch, and how/when it will be fixed.

EDIT 3:

Apparently there are two different versions/SKU's of this game available at Wal-Mart. The one I got (and many others have found) which is pictured above, includes the Wal-Mart exclusive preorder Armor of Brutus DLC; this copy is ringing out at $39.96. There is also a plain version of the game (just like you would find at any other retailer) without the exclusive DLC; this 'vanilla' version is coming up full price, $59.96.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='unopepito06']I can confirm, ps3 version with DLC is available at Spokane Valley, WA Walmart is marked $39.99, but the only 360 I could find were in a glass endcap cabinet each marked $59.99. I wish I could pick it up, but after UC3, B: AC, Skyrim, and now AC: Brotherhood collectors edition (thanks BB daily deal :roll:) all in one month I'm tapped out. Daddy needs new snow boots more than badass 16th-century Assassinations.... I think... :whistle2:(

Besides, I gotta run through 2 and brotherhood.[/QUOTE]

Thinks tor the info. Saves me a trip there in the morning.

So just figured I'd ask, anyone have the walmart brutus armor for the 360 that they don't want (ex. wanted the price, but don't care about the code) that they wouldn't mind parting with =)

At this point WM shouldn't even bother correcting the price because in a week everyone will be coming in to PM it to $35 anyway.

[quote name='SOLDIER']I figured this thread would be best about asking advice.

So I had ordered Revelations from Gamestop so I could get the automatic upgrade to the Signature Edition. I then used the GC I got from MW3 last week to buy another (vanilla) copy of Revelations for $26.

The plan was to put that extra copy up on eBay to cover the cost of the Signature Edition. It's currently up now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/120812606010?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Problem is that no one's bought it yet, and lots of people have their own copies up as well. I'm getting concerned that my copy might not sell in light of all the others put up, or that I will have to lower the price further.

Any advice?[/QUOTE]

A legit way of getting rid of the copy is to put it on eBay for 7 days and start it at a penny. Let the bidders raise the price for you. You'll probably get the $53 you want. I usually do this with B2G1 used Gamestop games I get. I remember specifically getting $50-52 selling used copies of Left 4 Dead and Rock Band 2 right before Christmas the year they came out. You can get that easily with a new game on release week.

[quote name='vanton619']A legit way of getting rid of the copy is to put it on eBay for 7 days and start it at a penny. Let the bidders raise the price for you. You'll probably get the $53 you want. I usually do this with B2G1 used Gamestop games I get. I remember specifically getting $50-52 selling used copies of Left 4 Dead and Rock Band 2 right before Christmas the year they came out. You can get that easily with a new game on release week.[/QUOTE]
you also run the risk of not many people bidding and you end up being forced to sell for much less than you expected

Read the tag if the tag says $59.99. I decided to pick it up anyway and noticed while grabbing the game the tag was for another game. It still rang up for $39.96.

[quote name='Romeo']Wow that is nuts. I looked at the copies at walmart tonight but the shelf tags weren't printed yet.

I have to ask, did you just buy a sealed collectors edition of Force Unleashed?! How in the hell did you find that now, I've been hunting it for a year at 30+ stores.[/QUOTE]

why would you spend $40 on force unleashed at this point?

[quote name='dreamerslost']why would you spend $40 on force unleashed at this point?[/QUOTE]

A sealed CE of it is quite rare nowadays. Collection, yo!

[quote name='dreamerslost']why would you spend $40 on force unleashed at this point?[/QUOTE]

Probably because the Sith Edition is long out of print (at least for Xbox). Sealed copies are usually listed north of $100. Personally, I got lucky a found a copy at a furniture store(?) that had it on clearance for ~$20.

[quote name='shadylane']What versions were released for this game? Wasn't there a collector's edition?[/QUOTE]

The only different edition offered to the US is the signature edition. Which is exclusive to GS.

Special Edition

Special Edition.
A copy of Assassin's Creed: Revelations.
A copy of the game's soundtrack.
Two multiplayer characters, the Crusader and the Ottoman Doctor.
Turkish Assassin Armor for use in single-player.
Note: This edition is sold exclusive by Game in Europe.
Signature Edition

Signature Edition.
A bonus single-player map, Vlad the Impaler's Prison.
Weapon capacity upgrades for the crossbow (+5), pistol (+2), and bombs (+3).
A multiplayer character, the Ottoman Jester.
A copy of the animated short film Assassin's Creed: Embers.
Note: This edition can only be obtained by pre-ordering Assassin's Creed: Revelations from GameStop in North America.
Ultimate Bundle

Ultimate Bundle for Xbox 360.
The Signature Edition of Assassin's Creed: Revelations.
An action figure of Ezio Auditore.
A replica of da Vinci's flying machine, for use with the Ezio action figure.
Note: This edition can only be pre-ordered online from GameStop's United States website, and is only available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Ultimate Edition

Ultimate Edition for PlayStation 3.
The Signature Edition of Assassin's Creed: Revelations
The White Edition of the Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia.
Note: This edition can only be pre-ordered online from GameStop's Canadian website, and is only available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Collector's Edition

Collector's Edition.
Collectable casing.
A 50-page artbook.
A DVD of the animated short film Assassin's Creed: Embers.
A copy of the game's soundtrack..
Two multiplayer characters, Crusader and the Ottoman Jester.
'Ezio in Altaïr's outfit' in-game skin.
Templar Collector Edition

Templar Collector Edition.
Collectable casing.
A 50-page art-book.
Two multiplayer characters, the Crusader and the Ottoman Jester.
An 8.5" figurine of Ezio Auditore.
Note: This edition is only available from OpenGames Italia.
Animus Edition

Animus Edition.
Animus Content Box.
The Black Edition of the Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia.
Two multiplayer characters, the Crusader and the Ottoman Jester.
The Armor of Brutus outfit.
Weapon capacity upgrades for the crossbow (+5), pistol (+2), and bombs (+3).
An exclusive customization item.
Altair's Skin (Pre Order or Purchased at EB Games Australia)
Note: This edition is only available in Europe and Australia (At EB Games Australia).
GalleryShow

Apparently the collectors edition is actually really rare in Europe as the Turkish armor DLC code was going for up to $125 US

Also I think that the Canadian edition came with a steelbook also.

Thanks OP. Great Deal, my parents were really looking forward to this game, so that makes it alot easier to buy it for mom's birthday. Got her copy yesterday, then the other guys in the dorm heard about it and went out and got another 3 copies. If anyone in Lincoln IL is reading this, there are still plenty of copies left at our walmart.

I have some gaming to do this weekend and I don't know where to start.

Local WM still has the 360 version for $39.96 so I grabbed one for a friend at BBY (lol).

I'm having a back procedure this weekend that I have to be on my back for 48 hours. I plan on at least beating AC:R to trade it in. Still need to get wings in gears (at 78 now), level 50 in MW3 so still need to prestige, haven't even opened Skyrim and debating on if I should pick up SR3...

Now that I actually have a chance to play games I'm lost on what I should do.

yeah US gets screwed out of the really nice Assassin's Creed Special/Collector's etc versions. I was able to get a copy for each system. The guy was like hopefully it scans correctly (I was like shit). Then he mentioned how it was ringing up at $60 before and was adjusted. Just enough idle chit chat while ringing me up (like the types really into games) and knew the price wasn't a glitch!

[quote name='Jimmienoman']
I'm having a back procedure this weekend that I have to be on my back for 48 hours. I plan on at least beating AC:R to trade it in. Still need to get wings in gears (at 78 now), level 50 in MW3 so still need to prestige, haven't even opened Skyrim and debating on if I should pick up SR3...

Now that I actually have a chance to play games I'm lost on what I should do.[/QUOTE]

I think the answer is clear, you should have more back procedures. ;)

[quote name='Jimmienoman']I have some gaming to do this weekend and I don't know where to start.

Local WM still has the 360 version for $39.96 so I grabbed one for a friend at BBY (lol).

Now that I actually have a chance to play games I'm lost on what I should do.[/QUOTE]

I had a hand surgery years back and played the hell out of oblivion and unreal Tournament during my recovery and rehab. I've never been that good at a multiplayer game since. Oblivion and pain killers.... Mmmm such fond memories lol. Hope you procedure hoes well.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']So it's the xbox version with the walmart exclusive that's still $40? I tried to get a PS3 yesterday and it was $60.[/QUOTE]
I went to the ps3 section and looked and it was for $40

Just picked it up at the Livonia, MI store. They still had at least 4 copies and I only saw the Walmart exclusive. Was a little afraid it wouldn't ring up at $40 because it wasn't marked, but it did.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I think the answer is clear, you should have more back procedures. ;)[/QUOTE]

Funny you say that. This round is just steroid blocks 1st one is 2 days of back, 2 weeks they do it again and I have 12 hours on back. These are diagnostic and after that I will have the nerves burnt out which is another 2 procedures 2 weeks apart from each other (these both I HAVE to be on my back for 24 hours then light movement for another 24).

Couldn't be a better time to get my back done. lol is it said that i feel that way?

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']So it's the xbox version with the walmart exclusive that's still $40? I tried to get a PS3 yesterday and it was $60.[/QUOTE]

Both versions have been spotted for the price but there seem to be two SKUs per console. One that has the walmart exclusive DLC (which is the one that rings ups as $40) and the "regular" SKU that does not come with the DLC which rings up as full price.

YMMV as it sounds like some Walmarts have sold out of the SKU or updated the pricing.

$39.99 in Starkville, MS for the PS3 version. Unfortunately I forgot to check the 360 version, sorry.

Pretty good Assassin's Creed haul this week, with getting Brotherhood for $9.99 from Best Buy.

Hey guys there iso rhyme or reason for this pricing. I went to my local store to buy it and it was tagged and rang $60. I went to a walmart 5mi away, there it was tagged and rang up $40. The tags at each store had different numbers on them though the UPC was the same.

[quote name='niknum']Circleville Ohio only had version with sticker and it rang up at $60 :([/QUOTE]

I went there earlier today and bought mine for $40. They had both versions but the only one with price stickers was the 360 but I bought PS3 with no problems.

I went back to the same store and it rang up at $60, but the different staff let me have it for the stickered price. Weird, but I'm cool with it.

The extra $5 is worth not having to go through Black Friday Best Buy for sure.

[quote name='Ranced']I went back to the same store and it rang up at $60, but the different staff let me have it for the stickered price. Weird, but I'm cool with it.

The extra $5 is worth not having to go through Black Friday Best Buy for sure.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind you have a better version as well.

Aaaagh finally able to get to a Walmart today and it rang up as 60. I bought it anyway. Eesh. Will try a different WM on the weekend and if I can get it 40 there, will return the other one.

Can someone with the Walmart DLC edition of AC:R type in the UPC# on Amazon's trade in store? I want to see if you can trade in that version to Amazon before I go out and purchase it.

[quote name='Xiemos']Can someone with the Walmart DLC edition of AC:R type in the UPC# on Amazon's trade in store? I want to see if you can trade in that version to Amazon before I go out and purchase it.[/QUOTE]

I can't find where to put in the UPC just lets me find the game by name.

[quote name='Irrat8ed']I can't find where to put in the UPC just lets me find the game by name.[/QUOTE]

You can type the UPC right on that field. It will say...

"Search by title or keyword(s):"

To search for multiple titles at once, enter them comma-separated

[quote name='Xiemos']You can type the UPC right on that field. It will say...

"Search by title or keyword(s):"

To search for multiple titles at once, enter them comma-separated[/QUOTE]

Tried that originally...thought I might be doing it wrong. Tried again...nothing comes up for the Walmart version.

bread's done
Back