Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

You could trade them away on Goozex. Also, some other stores in town buy video games-- CD Warehouse, for example. They might give you some cash or store credit.

Those are all pretty common games, and I don't think any of them have much value, I'm sorry to say.

Good luck!

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Yikes! Do they ever penny out any entrees?[/QUOTE]
Update, they have a weekday lunch special for $9.99 which (if I understood correctly) limits you to only three meats instead of however many different types they usually have going.

[quote name='El Gray']I will probably see it at Perimeter Pointe. The Tybees might be there, too.[/QUOTE]I'm going there tonight with my brother. If anyone wants to say Hi, please do. I don't know what any of y'all look like, but this is a fairly recent picture of me and my brother will be the tall guy with long hair. :bouncy:

Going to the City of Atlanta sale in a few minutes to see if there's anything good. From there, we're going to find the cinema and hopefully find some place to kill a few hours. If not, we'll be sitting in the car or the lobby playing on ye faithful DSs for a loooong while.

Hope to see some of you there.

I did not make it to the Rifftrax show, sorry. I hope you two had a good time-- there's no shortage of places to browse in around that theater.

Find anything good at the City Hall East sale?

I've come to the conclusion that Atlanta CAGs are either the shyest people in the world, or you all just hate me. :p

It was fun. The City Hall sale was gross. I've been to similar sales in the past (but they were from private companies cleaning out old buildings and replacing all their furniture... not a public city sale) and this definitely had a wide assortment of mysterious and gross odors in the building it was held... and the furniture it had matched unfortunately. Blech.

From there, we went on to the Outlets on 400, then grabbed dinner at CPK near some mall that's a little north of where the cinema was.

It was a good day, and the show was great. The crowd though, was super small. Cool crowd, don't get me wrong, we all had fun laughing and talking. But dang, a VERY small audience. Say... just around 20 people? The Christmas Holiday show last winter in Kennesaw was packed. Granted, that was the live showing, not the encore. Perhaps that made the difference. Either way, it was a little sad to have such an empty theatre and not to get to meet any of you.

[quote name='guinaevere']I've come to the conclusion that Atlanta CAGs are either the shyest people in the world, or you all just hate me. :p

[/QUOTE]

Aww, well I for one am just looking for a new job so I can have some money to get out once in a while. Recent college grads aren't all that desired right now sadly.

[quote name='guinaevere']I've come to the conclusion that Atlanta CAGs are either the shyest people in the world, or you all just hate me. :p[/QUOTE]

How could we hate our very own ATL CAG moderator? I surely wouldn't be shy around you guys, you are like family. Based on the crowd, I guess there weren't many CAGs there at all. Too bad, I was interested in going but couldn't get away. Parenthood has a way of doing that to you.

[quote name='Jam424']Aww, well I for one am just looking for a new job so I can have some money to get out once in a while. Recent college grads aren't all that desired right now sadly.[/QUOTE]
This. Besides the fact I haven't graduated from Georgia Gwinnett yet.

I wanted to see the show, but I just didn't feel up to it-- needed to get home and ride my bike while the weather was decent. Been missing too much exercise lately, and I'd been in a meeting most of yesterday.

Dang, $20 PS3 DJ Hero? I would love to pick one up for some of my fam. Any guess how many were left at Duluth?

[quote name='Jam424']Aww, well I for one am just looking for a new job so I can have some money to get out once in a while. Recent college grads aren't all that desired right now sadly.[/QUOTE]

indeed. I was looking for almost a solid year before I landed my job

[quote name='El Gray']I wanted to see the show, but I just didn't feel up to it-- needed to get home and ride my bike while the weather was decent. Been missing too much exercise lately, and I'd been in a meeting most of yesterday.

Dang, $20 PS3 DJ Hero? I would love to pick one up for some of my fam. Any guess how many were left at Duluth?[/QUOTE]

I didn't really give it a good look. I think maybe a couple. I would definitely call first.

Their online stock locator is broken, so don't go by that. It showed that they didn't have any 360 versions, but they did, so be sure to confirm before making the drive.

I snagged a PS3 copy of DJHero last night at Northpoint. As of today at lunch, they have ONE copy for PS3 left (on the side wall). Several Wii copies, but those ring up at $70.

That is really a great price for it. I just don't think I can possibly fit another game peripheral into my house though.

[quote name='GibbGA']That is really a great price for it. I just don't think I can possibly fit another game peripheral into my house though.[/QUOTE]

The turntable is fairly small and should easily be able to be stored anywhere. For $20, I can't recommend this game more. I bought it at $80 and definitely got my money worth. A decent amount different than other music games and a lot of fun.

[quote name='guinaevere']I've come to the conclusion that Atlanta CAGs are either the shyest people in the world, or you all just hate me...[/QUOTE]Neither, just tough for me to do anything mid-week during the school year.
I know that amounts to 9 1/2 months out of the year but such is the life of a public school teacher.

DJ Hero for $20 is a great deal! The turntable is really compact too, it will easily fit in a drawer.
Happy hunting to those looking to snag it!

so for those who don't know, which is probably most of you. I'm back in Atlanta for a few weeks. Mostly so my sister can pick up some stuff before she starts class up in the great white north where I've been.

Oh man I knew I remembered the US being different from Canada but I've been gone for two years. It's hilarious how much I've adapted to northern ways.

Since we're carrying her stuff back i don't even have much here. Took some updated pictures ofmy gamelibrary but it's not like I can bring them back up with me. gonna spendmy time dumping papers since I may be moving from this building either which way. maybe I'll go see Scotty P. if i can find it in theatres still.

Anything exciting happen to the ATL in two years? that parking deck in front of my place here in Buckhead still isn't done so I guess not too much?

So what's up with the DJ hero deal is that dead right? I went for it on the last day and first tucker guy who I called only had double decks. then Pleasant Hill who I was told had like 6-8 had none when I arrived and the cashier told me the deal just ended 7 minutes ago (6pm?) anyway. So I stopped looking around.

1) Scott Pilgrim is showing at The Plaza! You should go see it there, and support our lovely indie theater (and lovely non-indie film).

2) Yeah, the DJ Hero deal was two days only. It's $40 at Best Buy, though, if it's worth that much to you.

3) What's new? Have you been to Flip Burger? If not, try that place out. Delicious. Also: Bone Garden Cantina.

[quote name='El Gray']1) Scott Pilgrim is showing at The Plaza! You should go see it there, and support our lovely indie theater (and lovely non-indie film).

2) Yeah, the DJ Hero deal was two days only. It's $40 at Best Buy, though, if it's worth that much to you.

3) What's new? Have you been to Flip Burger? If not, try that place out. Delicious. Also: Bone Garden Cantina.[/QUOTE]

1) Surprisingly good movie, IMHO.

2) I feel that it's worth it, even at that price. Best rhythm game by a mile.

3) :drool:

I've always wanted to go to the plaza.. I thought about going when someone on my timeline was posting about it yesterday? but I'm not into the gory horror stuff.

I need to hit up BestBuy or something and try out DJ hero because I played one for 3 minutes at a demo kiosk and had no idea what I was doing or how it worked. Wasn't impressed obviously.

E: I forgot on thing. I was up a Microcenter Duluth because it's awesome and we don't have anything on that level in Canada. Anyway I saw a ton of SingStar Abba for PS3 priced at $7.99 couldn't tell if they were used or not and there was noone in the gaming dept or oddly enough in the vicinity of said dept. Any chance Abba's just really unpopular and those are new copies?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='guinaevere']I've come to the conclusion that Atlanta CAGs are either the shyest people in the world, or you all just hate me. :p

It was fun. The City Hall sale was gross. I've been to similar sales in the past (but they were from private companies cleaning out old buildings and replacing all their furniture... not a public city sale) and this definitely had a wide assortment of mysterious and gross odors in the building it was held... and the furniture it had matched unfortunately. Blech.

From there, we went on to the Outlets on 400, then grabbed dinner at CPK near some mall that's a little north of where the cinema was.

It was a good day, and the show was great. The crowd though, was super small. Cool crowd, don't get me wrong, we all had fun laughing and talking. But dang, a VERY small audience. Say... just around 20 people? The Christmas Holiday show last winter in Kennesaw was packed. Granted, that was the live showing, not the encore. Perhaps that made the difference. Either way, it was a little sad to have such an empty theatre and not to get to meet any of you.[/QUOTE]

I'm not shy! I've just been knee deep in Transformer toys from my storage unit! Oh if you were at a CPK you were probably near Northpoint Mall. That Sears has The Nyko gun and Wii wand for 3 bucks.

[quote name='Jam424']I found a PS3 Bayonetta at the Acworth Target yesterday for $15. Didn't pick it up so hopefully a CAG will grab it.[/QUOTE]
I would have liked that, some lurker will likely beat me to it though.

I might swing out there later this afternoon.

Edit:
Also, just got an email Micro Center will have Halo Reach for $44.99 when pre-ordered:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271557

Last edited by a moderator:
Publix is having a buy 2 get 2 sale on 12 pack pepsi products and some stores have coupons on certain boxes for 1 free 12 pack of either vanilla cherry pepsi or one of the new mountain dews that can be combined with the sale.

[quote name='kitlink']Publix is having a buy 2 get 2 sale on 12 pack pepsi products and some stores have coupons on certain boxes for 1 free 12 pack of either vanilla cherry pepsi or one of the new mountain dews that can be combined with the sale.[/QUOTE]
Wrong thread man. Yankee threads are that way^
J/K ;)

Seriously, I had a Diet Mt. Dew the other day for the first time in years; It is 10X better since they switched to sucralose for a sweetener!

I tried to find a Strong Bad: Game . . . . for $0.01 at the Cumberland & Kennesaw Best Buys. If anyone finds one, hide it for me and shoot me a PM.

Kmart in Hiram has one more(I got one) copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy for sale. It is at the retail price of $50, but I figured I may as well post since it's becoming increasingly hard to find. Already going for about $70 on ebay for a sealed copy.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Wrong thread man. Yankee threads are that way^
J/K ;)[/QUOTE]

lol, I was thinking the same thing, but five 12 packs for $9.78 OTD is too good to pass up.

I just learned you can rate Best Buy stores just like you would a product!

This is fantastic, perhaps BBy-corporate could address some of the Cumberland (Smyrna/Marietta/41) store issues if more people let them know what is going on:

http://stores.bestbuy.com/502/reviews/

I know that store has PO'ed more than its share of CAGs, just be honest and don't go overboard. Good times.:bouncy:

[quote name='mitch079']2 of the penny strong bad pc game left at the alpharetta best buy[/QUOTE]

Is this just a regular boxed copy marked at 1cent?

If you're a RewardZone member and a member of the gaming club, there's a coupon good until 9/12 for $20 off Bioshock2 for xbox and ps3, making them $19.99. I never got it so I'm gonna jump on this tomorrow.

[quote name='whisper22']If you're a RewardZone member and a member of the gaming club, there's a coupon good until 9/12 for $20 off Bioshock2 for xbox and ps3, making them $19.99. I never got it so I'm gonna jump on this tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Might be worth looking into also at the Limited Editions, if the coupon applies, depending on what they're down to now.

Well back against the wall. I'm getting rid of a bunch of things. Since priority is on getting rid of them > anything else, if any CAGs who can get to Stone Mountain and would be willing to pick them up lemme know.

Edit: Bah i can't seem to embed the images

Books
Wheel of Time - Books
Octavia Butler - http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Hsi79aT2rVc/TIqDEBLQspI/AAAAAAAAFak/Whh5wwP3SUY/s144/DSCN8000.JPG
UNIX, XHTML - http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/zACQh3YCTxaL_DglBAMlyw?feat=directlink
WOT Card Game -
* Box http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ReGRhRXvdPCjzQ4MlQNLPg?feat=directlink
* Binder http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/r98yAfxstq9t_9rkoPbq_A?feat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/jHecHR9_hv2xITSsJSyokA?feat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/7x5ezM9s794IZ4lXRekN8w?feat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/FSSLzax0toL04qa1GKkBvg?feat=directlink

Sports Cards
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/XCB08z7MucoUV3sCO-Xk0Q?feat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/3UGTvzo207SlQQzdFk2xvg?feat=directlink

Magic: The Gathering (I think this is mostly FEW Beta (2nd) mostly 3rd-5th Gen
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/0kVbBFH60GztsS1UOfK4ew?feat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/F4Qh5sqD1XsD9ep1dfEggA?feat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/f882gL6pZ0cDzEsWgwPC2Q?feat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/xjAFo_itIjFvSTyvCGx72A?feat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/i7yvDOq6woz0X6BzyKh6jQ?feat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/YOal5OCcM25K9slo9iUTKg?feat=directlink

I guess the Sports Cards are more or less useless? I'm not sure maybe you know some place that buys them. Ditto with the Magic cards but at least MTG cards should be useful.
DSCN7999.JPG

on a separate subject. Went to see Scott Pilgrim last night. b/c of my family I barely made the 9:30 show. totally worth it and the Plaza like the Fox up in Toronto is a pretty sweet place.

[quote name='Wolfkin']on a separate subject. Went to see Scott Pilgrim last night. b/c of my family I barely made the 9:30 show. totally worth it and the Plaza like the Fox up in Toronto is a pretty sweet place.[/QUOTE]

The Plaza is hands down the coolest theater in Atlanta. Shows independent, old b-movie/exploitation films (as well as horror classics). Sometimes (like they did with Scott Pilgrim and Shaun of the Dead), the directors/stars show up and give a Q & A.

[quote name='mitch079']Might be worth looking into also at the Limited Editions, if the coupon applies, depending on what they're down to now.[/QUOTE]

The Special Edition is $49.99 now but the coupon is only for the regular version. I had to go to the one on Pleasant Hill to find a copy last night and they actually had the Special Edition but the dude that was ringing me up wouldn't get a manager to ask to override it. The coupon doesn't work online so you have to find the Special Edition instore. I haven't seen hardly any anymore.

[quote name='Wolfkin']on a separate subject. Went to see Scott Pilgrim last night. b/c of my family I barely made the 9:30 show. totally worth it and the Plaza like the Fox up in Toronto is a pretty sweet place.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you made it out to support both SCOTT PILGRIM and The Plaza! I love 'em both.

I was there for ENTER THE DRAGON earlier this week. Unfortunately, not too many other people were. Maybe they had a better turnout on Friday.

This may be YMMV but Kmart is clearancing out official nintendo DSi wallet type cases. I picked up the last one from the Jonesboro Kmart today for $5 (they normally run for $15). I figured Guinaevere would be interested in picking up one since she has a DSi.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']The Plaza is hands down the coolest theater in Atlanta. Shows independent, old b-movie/exploitation films (as well as horror classics).[/QUOTE]
Just googled it, as I hadn't heard of it before. I wish they had pics of the place.

Looks like I just missed Enter the Dragon. Cyric has mentioned that movie before, he prolly would have liked to see it in a theater. Dang it, I guess I'll keep checking for what they show.

It's on Ponce? Is parking close to the theater?

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']The Plaza is hands down the coolest theater in Atlanta. Shows independent, old b-movie/exploitation films (as well as horror classics). Sometimes (like they did with Scott Pilgrim and Shaun of the Dead), the directors/stars show up and give a Q & A.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='guinaevere']Just googled it, as I hadn't heard of it before. I wish they had pics of the place.

It's on Ponce? Is parking close to the theater?[/QUOTE]

Yes between Ponce and Highland. I tell everyone they've probably passed by it a million times and never knew it (especially if you're out bar hopping in the area).

Here's some links:

http://www.myspace.com/plazaatlanta

http://www.facebook.com/PlazaAtlanta

When you walk in you immediately get the impression you've stumbled across something special (the layout and other things reminds me of when I was a kid).

If you hit up www.plazaatlanta.com , you can sign up for a weekly email that lists all the special events. Or you can just keep an eye on the site, if you don't like emails, but they don't spam ya.

VIVA ZAPATA! (plus a Scorsese documentary on Kazan) on Monday night, if there are any Anthony Quinn fans around.

I have a 2-person pass to see Devil this Thursday night at 11:59pm at AMC Parkway Pointe. I'm not going so if any of the regulars want it just PM me your address and I'll mail it to you Monday.

[quote name='neocisco']I have a 2-person pass to see Devil this Thursday night at 11:59pm at AMC Parkway Pointe. I'm not going so if any of the regulars want it just PM me your address and I'll mail it to you Monday.[/QUOTE]

Ha HA! That's awesome-- the most cautious sneak I'd ever heard of before was PUNISHER (Thomas Jane version), which was at like 9 or 10pm the Thursday before release... but this one is actually at midnight! They really don't want much chance for a press reaction.

I'm curious if the film will be any good, though. Does Night have ANYTHING good left in the tank?

I'll have to pass on the pass, though-- too late, too far away.

bread's done
Back