Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='joemoedee']FYI, Blockbuster out in Covington has a ton of games marked down. Mainly 360, PS3, and Wii. As I wasn't looking for specifically for those platforms, I can't comment on what they have. I did notice GTA4 for PS3 or 360 for 14.99. (Which puts it in their B1G1 deal)

All of their original Xbox games are marked down, ie Psychonaughts for 4.99. A few PS2 deals to be had, I got Tiger Woods 07 and NHL 07 for 7 bucks OTD.[/quote]

lol the B1G1 Deal is posted all over the VG forums...you actually check that?

[quote name='animemaniac14']lol the B1G1 Deal is posted all over the VG forums...you actually check that?[/QUOTE]

He's probably like me in not realizing that this sale was nationwide because checking every single thread in the Deals section would take too long, especially in that BBV thread, which gets too big to bother with. Besides, just because the promotion is nationwide doesn't mean that all the games are the same nationwide.

joemoedee, thanks for posting your finds. The BlockBuster's I've gone too have been devoid of games becausse of the sale, so knowing that one still has a ton in stock is helpful. If I lived closer to Covington, I would definitely check it out. Don't worry what anybody else says; please continue to post your finds even if it may be a repeat of what is in the Deals forum because a) not everybody sees every deal and b) deals may be consistent across the country, but stock is always different at every store, so your posting is helpful.

Well, gang, grams made it through the surgery fine. It turned out to be Ovarian cancer. Now, the docs are going to run more tests on her lymph nodes and what not. May have to go through chemo. Docs are optimistic though. Thanks for the prayers and please continue to pray for her in the times ahead. I truly appreciate all of the support.

Really glad to hear the surgery went well, mitch. Hopefully the cancer did not spread, but I'm living proof that even that can be overcome.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']joemoedee, thanks for posting your finds. The BlockBuster's I've gone too have been devoid of games becausse of the sale, so knowing that one still has a ton in stock is helpful. If I lived closer to Covington, I would definitely check it out. Don't worry what anybody else says; please continue to post your finds even if it may be a repeat of what is in the Deals forum because a) not everybody sees every deal and b) deals may be consistent across the country, but stock is always different at every store, so your posting is helpful.[/quote]

No harm from the other guy, posting regional finds in the regional forum makes sense to me. *shrug* Some guy in Albuquerque doesn't care what the Covington BBV has in stock. ;p On that note, the BBV in Conyers (Honey Creek area) has a horribly small selection. :)

[quote name='joemoedee']No harm from the other guy, posting regional finds in the regional forum makes sense to me. *shrug* [/QUOTE]

Exactly my point. If someone lived near Covington, then your post would be 100% helpful. Thanks for the information and keep it up, even if you think what you're posting may be irrelevant to the ATL CAG's. Chances are, there's at least one ATL CAG who would benefit. I've bought 6 games at BBV over the last 2 days, so I think I should take a pass at any more.

I hit the Ansley BBV yesterday, and the most notable find was a copy of Psychonauts PS2 for $7. I didn't buy it, as I already have one. If anyone wants to head over there and pair it up with another cheap game, they'd have a nice little get. They have a decent supply of used titles-- the Wii selection was the weakest. Well, that and DS. I think there was only one used DS title-- Assassin's Creed for $10.

Not to be nitpicky, but just so you know AC on DS will ring up 6.99 so it pairs nicely with Psycho. Passed on everything there as well. I've had no luck finding prizefighter so far.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Not to be nitpicky, but just so you know AC on DS will ring up 6.99 so it pairs nicely with Psycho. Passed on everything there as well. I've had no luck finding prizefighter so far.[/QUOTE]

I did not know that. AC was also the only used DS game they had at the Ponce store tonight. Thanks for the info.

Prizefighter the Don King game? Which platform? Didn't it totally suck according to every review? They had the other boxing game, Showtime (?), at the Ponce store tonight. I snagged the only PS3 copy of GTA4 for a friend, along with a couple other titles. MLB Powerpros for Wii is finally mine on the cheap!

[quote name='El Gray']I did not know that. AC was also the only used DS game they had at the Ponce store tonight. Thanks for the info.

Prizefighter the Don King game? Which platform? Didn't it totally suck according to every review? They had the other boxing game, Showtime (?), at the Ponce store tonight. I snagged the only PS3 copy of GTA4 for a friend, along with a couple other titles. MLB Powerpros for Wii is finally mine on the cheap![/quote]360 or PS3. I'm a sucker for boxing games even lesser ones at 7.50. Nothing much to report at the BB off 75 on Howell Mill.

Anyone still see PS3 Guitar Hero Aerosmith still at any Targets around town? I got GH3 @ CC for $30 this weekend and wouldn't mind checking out GHA on the cheap.

ha i'm in almost the exact opposite camp. I picked up GH:A on the cheap from Amazon a while back and soon as i get some funds I'll be looking into GHIII.

on a side note did anyone else know they were going tomake a GHIII/GH:A:wii: double pack? I saw it in Wal-Mart last night. If it ever gets priced low that'll be a great bundle.

They have several GH:A PS3 bundles at Edgewood Target as of yesterday, and one for 360. Don't think I've seen any disc-only ones in recent memory.

Oh heck...I think the Target at State Bridge Road and Peachtree Parkway had a few PS3 GHA in the clearance section today. Wanted to think they were $22 or something? Definitely less than $30 though. They did also have some bundles for PS3 as well. Also had one Hot Shots Golf PS3 for $30 which I would have snatched except I don't have a PS3. My X360 dominates my play time and with 22 games I've yet to finish, my backlog is good until Dead Space, Fallout 3, Mirror's Edge get extra cheap. And of course, I spend half my time playing Rock Band 2 so that list is set for a while.

First, and most importantly, Mitch, glad to hear she's doing well and hoping for the best for her. She's in our prayers.

[quote name='El Gray']They have several GH:A PS3 bundles at Edgewood Target as of yesterday, and one for 360. Don't think I've seen any disc-only ones in recent memory.[/quote]Thanks, I actually had to get a present on my break after my last post so I went to a Target which I remembered having several a week or ago and whadaya know, I got the last GH:A game there @ 12.48. Are the 360 and PS3 bundles on clearance, too? I thought it was just the PS3 game only and PS2 bundle and PC game.

[quote name='Felder71']Oh heck...I think the Target at State Bridge Road and Peachtree Parkway had a few PS3 GHA in the clearance section today. Wanted to think they were $22 or something? Definitely less than $30 though. They did also have some bundles for PS3 as well. Also had one Hot Shots Golf PS3 for $30 which I would have snatched except I don't have a PS3. My X360 dominates my play time and with 22 games I've yet to finish, my backlog is good until Dead Space, Fallout 3, Mirror's Edge get extra cheap. And of course, I spend half my time playing Rock Band 2 so that list is set for a while.[/quote]My 360 dominates, too. I only have one friend on PSN! Unless it's PS3 exclusive, is much better than on 360, or has some extra cool feature 360 doesn't, or I find a really good deal, I usually get the 360 version. Of course, 360 versions usually get good deals first. My backlog is tremendous mostly because since getting a 360 two years ago 85% of my gameplay has been CoD4 and Gears1 online. I'm going to try to get Dead Space, Fallout 3, and Left4Dead in the GS B2G1 and maybe the new Prince of Persia with a pair of other games and then no more buying while I play all this stuff.

Are all the CCs closed now? Anyone else get anything? I almost got a PS3 GH:A bundle and Saint's Row LE 360 @ 70% off at the Steve Reynolds store, but didn't because of money and said backlog. I probably wouldn't get to SR2 until it's cheap since SR1 is in the backlog. Kinda kicking myself anyway. Picked up a couple of PC games, but one was a clearance game @ 9.96. I pointed out that couldn't be 80% off, but I had to go to CS for a price change which was packed. Got a bunch of DVDs like Superbad, Swingers and Walk Hard for 2-4 bucks, a few seasons of Rescue Me and the Shield for 8 and BRs 16 Blocks and The Brave One. Saw a bunch of Beerfest in duluth and snellville. Snellville had a bunch of HDDVD Mercury Rising, but they all disappeared before 80% which shocked me. Sorry I didn't post about the availability of the bundles and SR2, but I was out with visiting family all day and figured they were gone by the time I could post.

Yeah, the GH:A bundles at Edgewood (and I've seen them elsewhere) were about $49, I believe.

Dang, I meant to check the Buckhead CC again for PC games. Oh well.

Merry Christmas, amigos.

Yeah, after DVDs, PC games had the best selection the last few days. I saw a girl with Sims 2 the last day, I saw Company of heroes, the conan mmo and some other good things, but I already had a bunch on consoles, don't do mmos, already had coh and I don't beat up girls and take their games. There were a bunch of good movies left on DVD, probably 100 Sex and the City the movie at one store, but not my cup o tea.

Merry Christmas all and to all a CAG night!

I was hoping that the CC up here at Exit 13 was gonna be open past Xmas, but no-go. They closed at 2pm on the 24th, and I missed that by a couple of hours. Oh well.

Finally trekked up to the northernmost Hollywood (Exit SEVEN-damn-TEEN) this afternoon, and it was worthwhile. I got:

GOWar II
ALIAS PS2
GTA: LCS
GTA: VCS
Burnout: Revenge PS2
SSX On Tour GC
Mario Power Tennis GC
The Warriors PS2

I put back a couple of titles because the discs were thrashed -- Killzone PS2, for example. They were very nice, and used their disc buffer on a few games for me. Pleased with my haul.

The Super Target on Buford Dam Road (I think?) had one copy of Oblivion PS3 for $21, and a bunch of GH:Aero bundles from $50-75. Not many clearanced games there, though.

The BBV/Gamerush up there at around Exit 14 had a decent amount of used games. I got:
Okami PS2
Mario Super Sluggers
Indigo Prophecy PS2
Timesplitters GC
... and 2 others that I can't remember right now.

Happy Boxing Day, ATL!

Happy holidays all. The Johnson Ferry Sears has 3 Singstar Volume 1 PS3 bundles left. 9.97 as I bought one.

Would anybody be up for an ATL CAG game night? I don't mean in person, since we tried that a couple years ago, but it's basically impossible to coordinate all of our schedules.

However, if we are at our respective homes, then it could be done.

I was thinking titles such as CoD4, CoD: WaW, Gears of War 2, Battfield: BC, etc. I have a 360, but no PS3.

If others could post your ideas, then maybe we can nail down some more specifics.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Would anybody be up for an ATL CAG game night? I don't mean in person, since we tried that a couple years ago, but it's basically impossible to coordinate all of our schedules.

However, if we are at our respective homes, then it could be done.

I was thinking titles such as CoD4, CoD: WaW, Gears of War 2, Battfield: BC, etc. I have a 360, but no PS3.

If others could post your ideas, then maybe we can nail down some more specifics.[/quote]Definitely down for that. CAG spoils me so I've got tons of MP games. Left4Dead maybe cool, too, but I'm looking for that in GS' B2G1. I get most of my multiconsole stuff for 360, but I do have a PS3 as well. Starting next week I switch to a more conventional day shift so I'll be able to play at a decent hour more often. No more getting online at 1 in the morning!

I'd be down for it but I only have PS3 (w/headset) and Wii. So it's SOCOM, Army of Two, LBP and Smash for me.[quote name='mitch079']Happy holidays all. The Johnson Ferry Sears has 3 Singstar Volume 1 PS3 bundles left. 9.97 as I bought one.[/quote]sweet mercy I'm going over today. I really want that game. were they anywhere special? it's the one at Roswell Rd and Johnson Ferry right?

for those of you into that radioshack clearance sale. The Radioshack at the end of my block was empty (i guess. the CSR just told me to go to BB) but the Radioshack at Sydney Marcus has a nice bundle. No MetalGearSolid4 left but I did pick up their last Ratchet and Clank:ps3: for $20 OTD. I left a bunch of GTA4 both versions and some sports games and something else i didn't want. I honestly don't remember how much GTA is supposed to be but R&C was $20 and MGS4 is $20 so if you need GTA that's the spot to go.

[quote name='Wolfkin']I really want that game. were they anywhere special? it's the one at Roswell Rd and Johnson Ferry right?
[/QUOTE]

That's the one. Video game section is all the way in the back left hand corner when you walk in. The bundles are in the last aisle, closest to the display cases to your right. They did have some difficulty finding the key to unlock the security lock on the rack. The kid working didn't have the right key and had to call an Asian manager over who, luckily, had a key from his last store that worked. Whoever put the locks on was going to get yelled at for not leaving a key to unlock them. Found out they add these by checking the online locater.

Wolfkin, those GTAs weren't clearance priced when I checked a couple of weeks ago (which was also when I bought the last MGS4). Not sure if that has changed since then.

touché El Gray on the MGS and the GTA. I'm off to Sears.

E: Took me a second to find it because I was looking in the glass cases instead of infront of them. Got one for $10.57. Almost got two but greed is an ugly thing. Anyway 3 left.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wolfkin']touché El Gray on the MGS and the GTA. I'm off to Sears.[/QUOTE]
Probably missed you but check the Radio Shack next to Sears. They had GTA for the 360 marked at 20 something. PS3 was marked at 50 something.

Hope you all had happy holidays! Most of my presents were earlier purchases from Amazon and New Egg sales. Hah!

And I'd be up for an ATL CAG game night sometime.

[quote name='Nastrodamous']if one of you guys sees gta iv for 14.99 at blockbuster on ps3 could you pick it up for me?[/QUOTE]

There were a couple at the Decatur BBV near Wuxtry on 12/23, if I remember right. Haven't been back since, though.

Blockbuster in Roswell,GA RIGHT off 92, (down the street from Dreamland BBQ) has some xbox 360 GTA IV's for $14.99 and also buy one game get one free
mmr5fb.jpg

[quote name='emogangster']Blockbuster in Roswell,GA RIGHT off 92, (down the street from Dreamland BBQ) has some xbox 360 GTA IV's for $14.99 and also buy one game get one free[/quote]

Is this the one in the somewhat new Kroger shopping center right before Hwy 92 becomes Holcomb Bridge or am I going too far?

[quote name='grundy']Is this the one in the somewhat new Kroger shopping center right before Hwy 92 becomes Holcomb Bridge or am I going too far?[/QUOTE]

He mentioned Five Guys in the other thread, so yeah, that's it. Don't worry about just hitting that one store, though-- the deal is chain-wide, and there are plenty of copies of GTA4 360 to be found around town. PS3 ones are a bit rarer.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Did anyone get the Fry's ad for Fri or Sun? Are the ATL stores doing the $17.99 Pixar and Disney BRs?[/quote]Didn't that end yesterday? I know Walle and the Pirates movies were 18. And cars.

Just a quick reminder of the thread on the main page that Facebreaker is $9.99 for BBY RZ members this week. I picked it up today and it's pretty decent. I know the reviews aren't good, but it's worth $9.99 in my book.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Just a quick reminder of the thread on the main page that Facebreaker is $9.99 for BBY RZ members this week. I picked it up today and it's pretty decent. I know the reviews aren't good, but it's worth $9.99 in my book.[/quote]

Good reminder, I picked that up at Cumbah-Land BB. They also got even more GoW tanks in @ $9.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Just a quick reminder of the thread on the main page that Facebreaker is $9.99 for BBY RZ members this week. I picked it up today and it's pretty decent. I know the reviews aren't good, but it's worth $9.99 in my book.[/quote]I couldn't decide whether or not to pick that up, but eventually got it yesterday at the BB over Target off Sidney Marcus. Lots left on both PS3 and 360. I had set my spending limit on less interesting games @ 10, but I'm still adding too much to my backlog thanks to CAG.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Good reminder, I picked that up at Cumbah-Land BB. They also got even more GoW tanks in @ $9.[/quote]I saw lots of those RC tanks there. Just $9? Are they crap or pretty cool? Not that I need more junk, but I'm a sucker for a cool RC and I don't have any.

Never mind. I talked to someone at the Gwinnett store who said that Alpharetta was the only one to have it, and that's too far for me. Pretty bummed about it too, as I REALLY wanted that game.

Serves me right for not paying more attention to the Radio Shack thread...

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Never mind. I talked to someone at the Gwinnett store who said that Alpharetta was the only one to have it, and that's too far for me. Pretty bummed about it too, as I REALLY wanted that game.

Serves me right for not paying more attention to the Radio Shack thread...[/QUOTE]

I guess you mean the one at Holcomb/Hwy 9? I never did check that one, despite it being close to my workplace. A coworker checked the Northpoint RS, and they didn't have any games at all (2 weeks ago). I'll check the Roswell store the next time I'm up there and see if they still have SC4.

[quote name='El Gray']I guess you mean the one at Holcomb/Hwy 9? I never did check that one, despite it being close to my workplace. A coworker checked the Northpoint RS, and they didn't have any games at all (2 weeks ago). I'll check the Roswell store the next time I'm up there and see if they still have SC4.[/QUOTE]

I just meant any of them, actually. I found out about it too late. Thanks for the help!

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I just meant any of them, actually. I found out about it too late. Thanks for the help![/QUOTE]

Okay, I checked the Holcomb/Hwy 9 store this evening on the way home. They had exactly 6 video games in the back. She brought them out to show me. One each of:

GH: Aero PS2 for $15
GH: Aero 360 for $25 or 30, I forget
GTA4 360 for $30
GTA4 PS3
Assassin's Creed PS3
Hot Shots Golf PSP

I bought the PS2 game, and didn't price check the last 3. No Soul Calibur 4, sorry!
But, you know, maybe those weren't the only copies. Maybe she just brought out one of each. I didn't ask that. Anyway, hit it up if any of this sounds good to you.

I also hit up the Crabapple Gamerush, and didn't see anything too exciting. They did have used copies of Prof. Layton and Ninja Gaiden DS (both cart only) if anyone wants to snag those for $15 total.

Non video game related clearance at Target on Cobb Pkwy in Marietta (next to the abandoned Comp USA) - Miller, Coors, Guinness, Budweiser - different gift sets containing bar glasses, metal trays, towels, buckets etc. all 75% off - 4.99 each. Saw the same stuff at the Barrett Pkwy one in Kennesaw but they were currently at 9.98. Excellent goods if you want to have some stuff for a house bar or give a guy a present and still be a man about it.

Sidney Marcus Target has one PS3 Guitar Hero Aerosmith Bundle left at 24.98. It was a new drop and correctly tagged. No new tags on the PS2 bundle still at 50% off. Didn't have time to scan it.

Also, sorry Falcons fans, I like your squad alot, but I've only seen my Cardinals win two playoff games in my lifetime so GO CARDS!

bread's done
Back