Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

Sears Northlake June clearance prices started today. They have 360 120gb HDs for $69.98 as of 1800 hrs today. There are 2 left (I grabbed 1). Hopefully one of you CAGs can nab em. They are still stickered $114. I KNOW for a fact they did it on purpose, because nothing was stickered when I went up there for lunch to nab GH - Aerosmith bundle (360) for $7.97 and a HD. They freaked out about the price of the GH and especially the HD (even asked me did I work for Sears) and spent the next 30 minutes pricing items they wanted. When I went back at 6 to get a GH PS2 ($14.XX) and a 360 bundle for 2 friends, all the clearance games as well as other items were stickered with the June yellow tab, but not the HDs.

No drop on COD: MW at this location as stated on another thread. Still ringing up $59.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
June prices at Gwinnett Place Sears as well, but not marked. Might be Saturday after the clerk noted that all 3 games I got rang up cheaper than the last sticker. Didn't check prices, but I saw a PS3 GH3 and I think some 360 GH:As.

[quote name='jdawgg76']June prices at Gwinnett Place Sears as well, but not marked. Might be Saturday after the clerk noted that all 3 games I got rang up cheaper than the last sticker. Didn't check prices, but I saw a PS3 GH3 and I think some 360 GH:As.[/QUOTE]

The 120's are the same price at the Gwinnett Sears???? How many left when you were there??

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']The 120's are the same price at the Gwinnett Sears???? How many left when you were there??[/QUOTE]

I need to check Cumberland. My youngest brother wants to replace his 20.

Holy crap. Holy crap. Holy crap. I just got some Best Buy GC's and was just about to use them for a 120GB HDD for the REGULAR price. Thanks so much for sharing this.

Please CAG's, for the love of all that is righteous and pure, don't take the last ones. I've been waiting forever and was about to pull the trigger at BBY.

I'm good on the 120gbs. Got one @ the KMart in Marietta that closed during the winter during their clearance.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']The 120's are the same price at the Gwinnett Sears???? How many left when you were there??[/QUOTE]
If I remember correctly, Gwinnett Place Sears has only had 1 for like the last 4-5 months. It was always in their security racks with the full price on it.

[quote name='Enron']Man, when I was a kid, I thought that indoor skating rink was the most asskickingest thing ever. The Galleria was like an amusement park to me. [/QUOTE]Before the Galleria opened, I would skate in the Prestonwood mall (the one that had that giant clock, which I believe they took down in the 90s) and then shop in the Hello Kitty store. XD That was very early 80s, may even have been late 70s. That mall was pretty sweet, they had those animal statue type thingies that I'd sit on, and pretend I was riding (tortoise, dolphin, I forget what else). My big brother enjoyed the arcade there. That was the first place in the are that had Dragons Lair.

I also had a pass to a local ice rink that was behind a Whataburger. it was... hrmm... I forget the road, but it was close to a Gibsons which closed and became a King Saver and who knows what else. I know you dont know the area, I'm just reflecting on happy times.

Where did you live?
Richardson, pretty much down the road from University of Texas at Dallas. My dad used to teach there occasionally, and sometimes he'd take me when he'd work on projects on their computer. The computer took up the size of a huge room!

Like I said, I was a Duncanvillan 1981-1989 (before Duncanville turned into mini-Oak Cliff). We had a pizza joint in duncanville right on the main strip called Brother's Pizza, and they had a mini-arcade in there. I used to PUMP quarters into 1942, Bad Dudes, Sidearms, and Heavy Barrel.
That's so awesome! Wasn't that whole area great place to grow up? I'd go with my friend Dana to the public pools and no one worried about getting diseases or perverts or anything. :sigh:

Do you remember a pizza place/arcade that was called Crystals? I'm not sure of the name. We used to just go to Showbiz or Chuck E Cheese, but on one of my birthdays I got to go to this really nice place with a lot of pretty lights and I think it was called Crystals, but I dont remember what part of Dallas Metroplex it was.

The Redbird Mall arcade at one point had FOUR of those Afterburner sit-down cabs that tilted up/down and banked along with the movement of your plane. Now Redbird Mall is a giant empty shell that sits in a now crime-ridden area off I20. I miss arcades.
That is waaay sweet! My younger brother would have LOVED to see that!

He was really young when we moved to New England, and the only memories he has of the area are from the times I took him with me to drive back down to visit the old area. He loved the Galleria also, we ate at El Phoenix right on the rink and watched the kids skate. That was the first time he'd been there in I dunno, 15 years? I think his only memory before that was when Mom made us leave the mall because he threw a tantrum because he didn't want to stop playing super mario 1 (nes) at Circus World or whatever the toy store was.

Redbird sounds pretty much the same as what happened to Richardson Square Mall. Mom used to take me all the time and we'd just walk around, and it was nice, you know? On one of my trips back I stopped in and it was just ...ugh, it was like, nothing was there. Total dump with vacant stores.

I think the only mall that didn't change drastically was Valley View, and that's because it was remodeled while we still lived down there... after the Galleria opened, it needed some sprucing up to get some of its traffic back.

I scored the last 120 GB HDD at the Gwinnett Sears.

MUCH obliged to Space Cowboy and jdawgg for the tip. I don't even bother with those clearance threads. They're too cluttered for me. Wouldn't have even known about it had it not been for the posts here. Was just about to spend the full price at BBY because I've been desparate for the space for months. I have to delete something every time I want to try out a demo. No longer.

Thanks again!

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I scored the last 120 GB HDD at the Gwinnett Sears.

MUCH obliged to Space Cowboy and jdawgg for the tip. I don't even bother with those clearance threads. They're too cluttered for me. Wouldn't have even known about it had it not been for the posts here. Was just about to spend the full price at BBY because I've been desparate for the space for months. I have to delete something every time I want to try out a demo. No longer.

Thanks again![/QUOTE]That's awesome! I woulda been all over this if I hadn't upgraded to an elite a little while back. With my original 360 I could only download one or two demos at a time and it drove me nuts. Also, the $10 SOCOMs that I posted about earlier in the week are all gone.

[quote name='jdawgg76']That's awesome! I woulda been all over this if I hadn't upgraded to an elite a little while back. With my original 360 I could only download one or two demos at a time and it drove me nuts. Also, the $10 SOCOMs that I posted about earlier in the week are all gone.[/QUOTE]

That's cool. I don't have a PS3, anyway! Thanks again!

I'm even going to try and save a few full retail games to my HDD to see how that affects the gameplay.

I'm so excited!! It's like moving from a studio apartment to a million dollar mansion!

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']That's cool. I don't have a PS3, anyway! Thanks again!

I'm even going to try and save a few full retail games to my HDD to see how that affects the gameplay.

I'm so excited!! It's like moving from a studio apartment to a million dollar mansion![/QUOTE]

Check out the XBOX360 thread that is stickied about saving games to hard drives as it'll tell you if there's any improvement or not. Most of the time, load times decrease by a few seconds. And the 360 is much, MUCH quieter during gameplay.

Need some help here... not sure where to post this on this site but I figured one of you could help. (I don't read much other than the front page and this section :D )

My 360 is freezing during gameplay shortly after I begin playing, this is four months after RROD failure. I have had nothing but trouble since it was returned to me, getting a lot of disk error even when the disk is perfectly clean.

I have tried to talk to customer service (and it's a stretch calling it that, having a real hard time talking with someone in India) and they want the standard $100 to repair. My question is there any warranty on this repair, meaning if they fix it and it craps out again do I have to shell out another $100 to fix. My 360 is the arcade base model.

Trying to figure out if it is better to shell out for a new upgraded one. I prefer Sony but my two kids come before my gaming habit. I've got a backlog that warrants me sticking with Microsoft. I've been nothing but disappointed with my 360, I don't put much playing time in it and it craps out all the time.

Thanks for any help, I'm not sure where else I can post it in the forums without getting blasted by jerks for putting it in the wrong place.

[quote name='mitch079']Check out the XBOX360 thread that is stickied about saving games to hard drives as it'll tell you if there's any improvement or not. Most of the time, load times decrease by a few seconds. And the 360 is much, MUCH quieter during gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! Added it to my subscription list!

[quote name='bier']Need some help here... not sure where to post this on this site but I figured one of you could help. (I don't read much other than the front page and this section :D )

My 360 is freezing during gameplay shortly after I begin playing, this is four months after RROD failure. I have had nothing but trouble since it was returned to me, getting a lot of disk error even when the disk is perfectly clean.

I have tried to talk to customer service (and it's a stretch calling it that, having a real hard time talking with someone in India) and they want the standard $100 to repair. My question is there any warranty on this repair, meaning if they fix it and it craps out again do I have to shell out another $100 to fix. My 360 is the arcade base model.

Trying to figure out if it is better to shell out for a new upgraded one. I prefer Sony but my two kids come before my gaming habit. I've got a backlog that warrants me sticking with Microsoft. I've been nothing but disappointed with my 360, I don't put much playing time in it and it craps out all the time.

Thanks for any help, I'm not sure where else I can post it in the forums without getting blasted by jerks for putting it in the wrong place.[/QUOTE]

I can't say for sure if a paid RROD repair extends coverage for it (someone in the general 360 thread might could help).

However, if it were me, I would look at picking up a good deal on an arcade (maybe a dell discount code deal) and then sell the core of the old one on craig's list (don;t for get to transfer the licenses online). Each iteration seems increasingly more reliable, and the newer ones handle the dashboard much better (not to mention HDMI). Again, for me $100 on a repair with little or no guarantees is not worth it IMHO.

Once my launch model got the RROD I started getting dirty disk error, it got louder, and the new dash board really made it slower. Selling it was a no brainer for me.

Edit: New Arcade at Dell is $169 shipped with coupon code: 65G7RQ11J?M2LH

They also have cheap extended warranties for 360s. ;)

[quote name='guinaevere']
Redbird sounds pretty much the same as what happened to Richardson Square Mall. Mom used to take me all the time and we'd just walk around, and it was nice, you know? On one of my trips back I stopped in and it was just ...ugh, it was like, nothing was there. Total dump with vacant stores.[/QUOTE]

RSM became the ultimate Sad Mall. I lived a couple of miles from it for a few years in the '90s, myself, and went to Berkner HS very near there. They demolished the mall a couple of years ago. The shopping center across Beltline is near death, too. It used to have a Kroger and a store called the Book Tree, which was run by identical twins named Barry and Terry. I bought my comics there for years. Not sure what they're up to now. WHEREFORE ART THOU, BARRY AND TERRY?!

Richardsonians in the house!

[quote name='El Gray']RSM became the ultimate Sad Mall. I lived a couple of miles from it for a few years in the '90s, myself, and went to Berkner HS very near there. They demolished the mall a couple of years ago. The shopping center across Beltline is near death, too. It used to have a Kroger and a store called the Book Tree, which was run by identical twins named Barry and Terry. I bought my comics there for years. Not sure what they're up to now. WHEREFORE ART THOU, BARRY AND TERRY?!

Richardsonians in the house![/QUOTE]

Wow, lots of former DFW CAGs in Atlanta, lol.

I did my comic purchases in my youth mostly at this place called Bill's Books. It was run by this little older guy in glasses and a black handlebar moustache. Looking back on it, that guy looked like a child molester. There's a pizza place there now. The other place I frequented was down Camp Wisdom on the way to Redbird, and from what i can tell it is still there. Speaking of Comics, do you guys remember Lone Star Comics? It was kinda near my dad's office on Mockingbird and my head used to spin when I went into that place. I remember in the late 80s they had this huge Robotech banner across the top of one of the walls behind the counter that had all the characters and mecha from the show, and i remember wanting that thing soooooooooo badly.

All 360 games - Saw FEAR 2 @ Dallas Hwy Target for 34.98, will check back tomorrow for another drop. Gwen, they had a couple of NFS Undercovers left in the case but I think they were still @ 29.98 or 24.98, whatever 50% was. Smackdown/RAW was still 24.98 and Afro Samurai was still @ 29.98.

Also Sears on Johnson Ferry in Marietta has a bunch of clearance games in stock. Most are still in the glass case but are marked with XX.97 on the UPC sticker. I remember seeing GH1 and 2 for the PS2 (Rocks the 80s wasn't marked but worth a check), Lost Odyssey was 9.97, Shadowrun 4.97, and some other stuff which didn't really stand out. They also have a clearance rack. Project Sylpheed was 2.97 in it.

[quote name='mitch079'] Project Sylpheed was 2.97 in it.[/QUOTE]

Which is about 3 dollars more than what that turd is worth. I picked it up for 8 bucks at the cobb pkwy circuit city back in fall 07, and it got traded in at gs the very next day.

[quote name='mitch079']All 360 games - Saw FEAR 2 @ Dallas Hwy Target for 34.98, will check back tomorrow for another drop. Gwen, they had a couple of NFS Undercovers left in the case but I think they were still @ 29.98 or 24.98, whatever 50% was. Smackdown/RAW was still 24.98 and Afro Samurai was still @ 29.98.

[/QUOTE]

Saw the same thing at the Stone Mountain Target, except I took the last NFS and I also saw Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts for $19.97 and 1 Prince of Persia for $29.97.

Some of the clearance games are in the case. The others are on a clearance endcap on the back side of video games about 2 aisles down.

Hey I got Dead Space new at the Play 'n Trade on Peachtree Industrial in Norcross/Berkley Lake for $20. It was a little sale of 50% off whatever price was listed, he said he just was sick of seeing so much inventory, can't remember what else there was besides Blast Works for Wii for $20 that someone else was looking at. There was 1 more copy of Dead Space when I left, there were probably 40 titles at 50% off list price.

[quote name='El Gray']RSM became the ultimate Sad Mall. I lived a couple of miles from it for a few years in the '90s, myself, and went to Berkner HS very near there. They demolished the mall a couple of years ago. [/QUOTE]Waaaaaaahhh!!! Dont tell me that, I have fond memories of that dump.

The shopping center across Beltline is near death, too. It used to have a Kroger and a store called the Book Tree, which was run by identical twins named Barry and Terry. I bought my comics there for years. Not sure what they're up to now. WHEREFORE ART THOU, BARRY AND TERRY?!
I dont remember that bookstore, but speaking of Richardson and twins... my big brother was best friends with the Thompson Twins back when he went to JJ Pearce and probably even Richardson Jr High. Not the band, but two identical twins (I forget their first names) whose last name was Thompson. Those poor guys loved when people would sing Doctor Doctor to them. :lol:

Richardsonians in the house!
YAY!! Do you remember the Richardson Public Library? I LOVED it there!! They had these gorgeous carved wooden doors... Whenever I'd push through some of them, it was like opening doors from a fairytale. I dont know why, they were just magical to me.

[quote name='neocisco']I went to the ATL thread and a DFW thread broke out.;)[/QUOTE]Hush, you.

[quote name='Enron']Wow, lots of former DFW CAGs in Atlanta, lol. [/QUOTE]Lets all take a road trip. If for nothing else, I am suffering a Taco Bueno deficiency, and it's pretty serious. Possibly a Braums Limeade deficiency, too.

I did my comic purchases in my youth mostly at this place called Bill's Books. It was run by this little older guy in glasses and a black handlebar moustache. Looking back on it, that guy looked like a child molester.
I didn't get into comics till later. I bet the comic shops down there were great, though.

It was kinda near my dad's office on Mockingbird and my head used to spin when I went into that place.
My Dad worked at TDC out in um... irving? or arlington? It was really close to Six Flags, if I'm remembering correctly. They had cut backs and closed down in the late 80s, which is why we then moved up to New England.

I remember in the late 80s they had this huge Robotech banner across the top of one of the walls behind the counter that had all the characters and mecha from the show, and i remember wanting that thing soooooooooo badly.
Ha, that's awesome. I remember wanting everything soooo badly. Mostly My Little Ponies, Barbies and Transformers.

No problem, That's great that you nabbed one. I'm glad to contribute whenever I can. A lot of you guys (and gals) usually beat me to the punch, so when I do find scores, I try to let everyone know.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I scored the last 120 GB HDD at the Gwinnett Sears.

Thanks again![/QUOTE]
No problem. That's great that you nabbed one. I'm glad to contribute whenever I can. A lot of you guys (and gals) usually beat me to the punch, so when I do find scores, I try to let everyone know.

Oh God, BRAUMS

My dad always kept the freezer stocked with gallons of Braums black walnut. Oh man, how I loved Braums. Ice cream out here is crap. Coldstone? Brusters? F U. Braums urinates on thee!

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']No problem. That's great that you nabbed one. I'm glad to contribute whenever I can. A lot of you guys (and gals) usually beat me to the punch, so when I do find scores, I try to let everyone know.[/QUOTE]More thanks in order for pointing out the HD price drop. My buddy who I sold my old 360 (with a regular 20GB HD) to was able to find one back home after I told him about the drop that you pointed out here.

[quote name='Enron']My dad always kept the freezer stocked with gallons of Braums black walnut. Oh man, how I loved Braums. Ice cream out here is crap. Coldstone? Brusters? F U. Braums urinates on thee![/QUOTE]Braums and Swensens in Texas. In New Hampshire was the best ice cream ever at a little place called Goldenrods. mmmmm... ice cream.

My big brother worked at a Braums on... on... I think it was Campbell maybe? They got held up at gunpoint one night and locked in the freezer. :cold: Thank God, no one was hurt.

I went to the mall called Cumberland yesterday. The sears there has video games, but I didn't see anything on the Clearance list. =\

boogie.gif

There's totally hope for you, then. Next in your education, Taco Bueno. I'm just saying.

Was at the Edgewood Target last night, and spotted the following 360 games (sorry, that's the only console I have):
-- (original) "Left for Dead" for 35 - though I see the GOTY Edition will be 37 next week at Target
-- "Need for Speed Underground" for 25
-- "LOTR Conquest" for 20

Just figured I'd report in. I love "L4D" and have been playing the heck out of it offline with my 3 bot buddies. I guess I really ought to fire up my Live account and try it with actual humans.

-- Andy

I loved the "Cooler" flavors that Braum's always had. They were usually a swirl of vanilla and something citrus. Lemon, orange, pineapple. Delicious combinations. Don't step to Bruster's, though. They do good work! I'll back them any day.

Anyone buying Ghostbusters next week? I think I might-- I have some TRU GC credit to burn from the Soul Bubbles deal, and they're offering a free $20 GC with purchase of Ghostbusters.

Bustin' makes me feel so good!

But, I've been slimed and have no cash unless I find a really good deal. I've been hoping it would turn out good and now I can't even pick it up.

[quote name='Robotechnology']...I love "L4D" and have been playing the heck out of it offline with my 3 bot buddies. I guess I really ought to fire up my Live account and try it with actual humans.[/QUOTE]
If you like it offline you'll love it online if you can find a fun team to play with. The three guys I play with and I just finished up the achievements last month. We poured a good 5-6 months into that game. I'm proud to say we earned every one of the 1000 gamerscore points legit too. It really is a team game, as there's no way in hades we would've been half as good alone. If I hadn't got rid of my copy I'd offer to play with ya' but alas it's gone. Don't get discouraged if you take it online and find some toolboxes, there are good peeps out there I swear!

EDIT: I too am unable to get to ghostbustin' right away. I'm glad the game is seeing the light of day though. The only thing I'm really bummed about is that there is no multi-player co-op mode. I mean c'mon is there any better property for 4 player co-op then Ghostbusters!

[quote name='guinaevere']Braums and Swensens in Texas. In New Hampshire was the best ice cream ever at a little place called Goldenrods. mmmmm... ice cream.

My big brother worked at a Braums on... on... I think it was Campbell maybe? They got held up at gunpoint one night and locked in the freezer. :cold: Thank God, no one was hurt.

I went to the mall called Cumberland yesterday. The sears there has video games, but I didn't see anything on the Clearance list. =\[/QUOTE]

My office is almost literally next door to the Sears end of Cumberland Mall. That Sears sucks. They never have anything.

L4D is a game I keep meaning to get into as I've played some bot matches, but I know online is where it is. If you get live feel free to send a FR and we'll slay some zombies.

In GB, seems like there are some modes where teamwork is essential, but there should definitely be a real co-op mode.

As far as deals go, I went by the Northlake Sears and there's not a lot to report although there are two 120GB HDs properly marked @ 69.97. Everything's marked including 360 WALL-E, TH Proving Ground, nothing special. They do have a Boston 5.1 speaker system for about $280 down from $599 I think. I got one for about the same price from Circuit City when they were liquidating and I really like this set. Great sound quality especially for that price. For all I know, the technical audio crowd may or may not like it as much as other sets, but it sounds awesome to me and I'm picky and a technical guy, I just don't obsess over little technical details like some people do.

HB, clear your PM box!

Did you ever get The Bug's Life code to work? I can't get mine to work either. I enter all the info but when I try to print it just reroutes me back to the code entry screen.

Sorry man, I was PMing a bunch of stuff last night.

The thing about the code is it works on the "Hollywood" site but it keeps kicking you back to the origin, like you said.

There is a second entry site that was created specifically for the UP movie promo (not the hollywoodmoviemoney.com/up one but something like like upthemoivecashpromo.com) that one and it should work. (I can't remember if it is on the card or the sticker on the cover.)

Hope this helps-

[quote name='neocisco']The one on my card is activaterewards.com/UPMovie and it keeps sending me back to the entry screen. I'll try the one you suggested.[/QUOTE]

Let me see if I can find the other site (I just made that one up as an example of how it was formatted).

It was such a PITA.

[quote name='Enron']My office is almost literally next door to the Sears end of Cumberland Mall. That Sears sucks. They never have anything.[/QUOTE]

Co-sign on that. Cumberland Sears sucks. I work across the street in the 200 building behind Galleria Mall.

[quote name='Supes']Co-sign on that. Cumberland Sears sucks. I work across the street in the 200 building behind Galleria Mall.[/QUOTE]

What floor are you on in the 200 Building?!?

Riverwood Target (corner of Peachtree Parkway and State Bridge Road) has Prince of Persia 360 for $15 (a bunch) and Left 4 Dead 360 (3 copies) for $35. Over in the clearance section close to the CDs.

bread's done
Back