Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='guinaevere']There are a few movies I'd like to pick up (wish they would put Finding Nemo, Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro on blu) but I I have to watch the $, I have a hard time buying a movie for $10+ when I'm only going to watch it once every three or four years.[/QUOTE]I really only buy movies that I really like or it's almost as cheap as renting and I am really hyped to see it like when I got I am Legend Blu for $7. Of course, I hardly watch movies so it's mostly older stuff that I want to get like Good, Bad, and the Ugly, but since it's older stuff with no big reworking of the video/audio from the last DVD which I have, the jump to blu isn't really worth more than 5ish to me in this financial situation.

Speaking of which, Walmart has GBU in a $20 two pack with Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid. I could care less about Butch and Sundance so if someone wanted to split the cost for BS and I get GBU that would be awesome. Also, Target has a great Blu $10 selection right now which includes Major League, Crank, Transporter 1 & 2, and some other good stuff.

Walmart in Snellville has 50% off red stickered clearance items. I got the 360 Energizer controller charger stand for 12.50 as its marked 25. It's usually 25-35 in stores. Gets good reviews. They had one more and two of the Energizer charge stands for PS3 for the same price.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Speaking of which, Walmart has GBU in a $20 two pack with Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid. I could care less about Butch and Sundance so if someone wanted to split the cost for BS and I get GBU that would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

Have you SEEN Butch & Sundance? It's fantastic.

[quote name='El Gray']Have you SEEN Butch & Sundance? It's fantastic.[/QUOTE]It's been a long time, but I just didn't really get into it like most people do.

[quote name='jcp42877']Had no idea there was an ATL thread :D

I myself am representing the Clayton/Henry country area. Seems like I'm one of the few that knows about well known gaming deals around here haha!

Scored Blur for $10 at Mt. Zion Best Buy btw...[/QUOTE]

Sweet another Henry CAG. i got blur at the McDonough Best Buy for 10 last Sunday.

[quote name='jcp42877']Had no idea there was an ATL thread :D

I myself am representing the Clayton/Henry country area. Seems like I'm one of the few that knows about well known gaming deals around here haha!

Scored Blur for $10 at Mt. Zion Best Buy btw...[/QUOTE]
I represent the Clayton/Henry area as well. Gary is the name, and podcasting is my game.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']The Play N Trade off of Peachtree Industrial in Duluth is closing. I was eating an oreo blizzard and saw the "store closing" signs. What a shame. Any competition for GS is a good thing.[/QUOTE]

After reading your post, I decided to swing by on Sunday with the family. They were already closed up for good by then.

Do you guys know about Media Mania over in Stockbridge? You all should check it out sometime, their current gen items aren't the greatest, but they have a tremendous amount of classic items. I was amazed by the systems and games I found in there. They also have a big selection of dvds as well.

I saw a PS3 Bayonetta for $15 @ 75% off clearance and a bunch of deBlobs $10 @ 50% off if anyone wants to know where. Also got a Philips Bluray Home Theater for $125 @ 75% off. PM for location. I want to like Bayonetta, but the demo annoyed the crap outta me.

[quote name='mazinga z']Got Mass effect 2 Special edition for 17 bucks at Alpharetta Target. They had no more.[/QUOTE]

360 or PC? The latter can still be found for decent prices if you look, I think, but the former sold out quick. I felt extremely lucky to find one at retail price back in February or March, when copies with codes intact were already going for $120+ on eBay.

Hey y'all! :D

Best Buy on 41:
Nothing to report here, as usual. :lol:

Edit: Forgot to mention they had Brothers on Blu (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Brother...d=2083704&skuId=9759294&st=brothers&lp=8&cp=1) priced at $7 not too sure if that is mislabeled or what..

Target on 41:
The didn't have any clearance worth noting in the prisons and the endcaps were basically a "this is what is selling" sorta thing, as in they had SC:C, PoP etc on the endcaps. One thing I did notice was they had 1 copy of :360: You're in the Movies with Xbox Live Vision Camera for $14, it was in the pile of "clearance" by the games section. Also they had The Super Mario Bros. Show DVD for $5 on the $10 and under dvd wall.

Sears at Cumberland Mall:
They had :360: Wolfenstein for $13 and :360: GH:World Tour for $8 or $9 (can't remember).

I picked up Wolfenstein :whistle2:?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the one copy of MPT (not the one in Hiram) I'd been watching at $35 dropped to $25 today, so I snagged it. It had obviously been looked at/moved around since the last visit, so I didn't think it would have lasted too much longer.

Of course, I'll always regret not waiting for $13, for I am cheap-ass. :)

I returned a Brutal Legend to the Target on Crabapple( not sure exact location name, basically the street that turns in to Holcolmb Bridge road) and i saw the sticker that printed out at 4.98. Go get it!

Not game related, but Target has Toys for 30 to 75 percent off. Since tomorrow's my birthday, do me a favor and buy those clearance toys and save them for Toys 4 Tots! I know it's a ways off, but with some of those cheap prices(got Tuner Mudflaps aka El Shelf Warmer for 2.50) it's an easy,cheap way to get the ball rolling!

[quote name='mazinga z']Not game related, but Target has Toys for 30 to 75 percent off. Since tomorrow's my birthday, do me a favor and buy those clearance toys and save them for Toys 4 Tots! I know it's a ways off, but with some of those cheap prices(got Tuner Mudflaps aka El Shelf Warmer for 2.50) it's an easy,cheap way to get the ball rolling![/QUOTE]

That's a really good idea. I don't know how many kids will want them, but they PRINCE OF PERSIA toys are all on SUPER CLEARANCE. Get your own Jake G. figure for $2.

I popped in Micro Center today looking for a cheap copy of Qubed (no luck). However, they do have 360 controllers in red now for $24 (refurbed). Everyone I saw looked completely untouched, my guess is these are pulled from unsold RE5 SE 360 bundles.

[quote name='ZharTheMad'].....hello..... anyone still around?

It is too quiet.[/QUOTE]
I'm having much more trouble finding deals since the universal Target remodel. The pickins' be slim.

Unless you're interested in Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader :360: for $20?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I'm having much more trouble finding deals since the universal Target remodel. The pickins' be slim.

Unless you're interested in Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader :360: for $20?
[/QUOTE]

+1

Between saving up for Dragoncon, finally nabbing me a government job and Atlanta (and surrounding areas) being picked clean, there hasn't been anything worthwhile to post on this particular thread.

Went to my local Kmart and the guy told me that there's a lady that comes in now every other week and cleans them out of most clearance/reduced or discounted (the $20 off or gift card) games.

I found a found a brand new Baten Kaitos Origins for the Gamecube at WalMart on Highway 92 (where Trickum intersects 92).......for $24.99.

I'm just now getting back into my backlog, now that the heat has become unbearable out in the shop. I'm just now playing games I bought two years ago.

I was in the Barrett Commons Target today with a friend, and we found him a copy of Guitar Hero: Van Halen Wii for about $13. Pretty awesome price, especially since he'd been wanting that game.

They're beginning to mark down Punch-Out + Nunchuck, but it wasn't marked down enough yet for my taste.

Stopped by the Atlantic Station Target with Mssr. El Gray after a screening of Scott Pilgrim yesterday afternoon. He located a small pile of clearance games in the sporting goods section, far from the actual electronics. Nothing terribly exciting (several Dark Voids for 360 come to mind), but I was compelled to grab a copy of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness for $8.74. Not sure if I'll actually play it or trade it on GOOZEX, but seemed like a good price. There were 3 or 4 more, I think.

Hey folks, if any of you are in kennesaw or go out there at all, please consider visiting Folia Brazilian Steakhouse (where twisted taco used to be). We stopped in there on sunday after church and it was super enjoyable. The waitstaff was friendly professional and attentive, the interior had what I considered very clean lines and an elegant simplicity, and the food was all kinds of tasty.

We had fun talking with the gaucho, Trent (he's also a gamer) and he mentioned that any word of mouth advertising is appreciated, as they're seriously need customers. They just opened their doors about a week ago and they're having a hard time getting traffic in their doors. (Something about that location, how many different restaurants has that place been over the years?)

Tybee, I recall you're an epicurian so hopefully you'll enjoy a new place to try.

Alright, just had to try and help a fellow gamer out. ;)

Huh, that's the second Twisted Taco I've heard of that has closed lately. The (original?) Midtown location is now something different, too. I guess the Roswell spot is still doing alright, and there's a new one in Smyrna.

My brother and I got to love going to the kennesaw Twisted Taco after church on sunday afternoons for lunch. I figured it was because it was more of a bar, that's why it was the least crowded restaurant when every other joint was filled with the church crowds. Then one sunday we drove up and it was closed. So apparently it wasn't just sunday afternoon that they were slow...

[quote name='guinaevere']Hey folks, if any of you are in kennesaw or go out there at all, please consider visiting Folia Brazilian Steakhouse (where twisted taco used to be).

[/QUOTE]

How are the prices? I might head out there today. Brazilian sounds tasty!

I cut through Buckhead on the way home tonight, and not only is the Blockbuster at Roswell/Piedmont closed, it's being disassembled!

I think it was still open about a month ago, right? Things happen fast.

BBV could start shuttering multiple stores in the near future. They have a massive interest payment due very soon (if not already) and. from what I understand, they're struggling to make it. They're having a tough time paying the interest on the loan, much less the loan itself. Earlier this year they sold all used games to a liquidator in an attempt to gather the cash for the payment. If anyone's sitting on store credit I'd strongly advise using it ASAP.

My store thought they were safe . . . and then they put a bluebox in the Publix right next door. To be honest, I'd rather use it and the redbox across the street. The attitude of the employees at the store nearest me is terrible- I hate to see them lose their jobs but damn . . . my wife refuses to even go in there.

Heyyyy, Locals. I was browsing Half Off Depot looking for some SWEET DEALS, and I found these that may be of use to some of you:

http://halfoffdepot.com/atlanta/categories/retail/cheap-laptops-usa.html
(Complete XBOX360 Repair for $40, instead of $80)

http://halfoffdepot.com/atlanta/categories/retail/us-gaming-arena-all-day-passes.html
(All-Day pass at US Gaming Arena for $10 instead of $25)

Also, do any of you play paintball? I might go with a friend when he's here for DCon. Looking for deals/cheapness/guarantees of quality on that, too. Thanks.

[quote name='Jam424']How are the prices? I might head out there today. Brazilian sounds tasty![/QUOTE]
It's not cheapa$$. Lunch is 18.99 and dinner I think is like 28.99. That price includes all the salad and meat you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='guinaevere']It's not cheapa$$. Lunch is 18.99 and dinner I think is like 28.99. That price includes all the salad and meet you want.[/QUOTE]

Yikes! Do they ever penny out any entrees?

[quote name='guinaevere']I'll have to ask next time I'm there.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I hear that if you pre-order a dessert, you're more likely to get one of their penny entrees.

Ha! It's possible. ;)

Is anyone here going to the Aug 24 Rifftrax of Reefer Madness at any of the local theaters? I missed the one last night at the AMC in Kennesaw, and sadly that theater isn't playing the encore. So I could use recommendations on where else to see it. I'm hoping to drag either Cyric or my brother or both along, but I may have to see it alone. So if anyone wants to meet up, even better.

http://www.fathomevents.com/Upcomin...4/2010/Comedy/event/RiffTraxReeferEncore.aspx

I will probably see it at Perimeter Pointe. The Tybees might be there, too.

At least we get a $2.50 discount for waiting a few days and seeing it non-live.

I have a ton of PS2 games that I do not want anymore and do not want to sell them at GameStop because I would only get money back towards purchases at GameStop. Here is a list of what I have and after doing some research I estimated the cost at being about $150. Anyone have any ideas on how I can sell them? I live in the Atlanta area.

Urbz: Sims in the City

The Sims: Bustin Out

TimeSplitters

Kingdom Hearts

Max Payne

Splinter Cell

No One Lives Forever

DDR Extreme

Hack Infection Part 1:

Socom: US Navy Seals

Predator: Concrete Jungle

Final Fantasy X