Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='El Gray']Anyone found any of those Tekken 6/fight stick bundles at a local BBuy? I hit Northpoint and Sidney Marcus tonight-- no luck at either. I'd like to find the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

I got mine Saturday at the cumming best buy. They only 2 on the shelf at the time.

That's all I know.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I only want the car if it has selfdestruct explosives.[/QUOTE]:rofl: I missed this post earlier. But I love how you think, jdawg!

[quote name='El Gray']Anyone found any of those Tekken 6/fight stick bundles at a local BBuy? I hit Northpoint and Sidney Marcus tonight-- no luck at either. I'd like to find the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

I vaguely remember seeing one at the stonecrest and/or snellville locations this weekend. :/

Sidney Marcus BB had a bunch of penny guides yesterday. The only LE was MoH. Others there included Super Scribblenaughts, Enslaved, RE5, ODST, LP2, AC2, FME, LoZ:ST, and some more. Ask for a specific and I should remember if I saw it. The MoH, SSNaughts and a couple I had in hand are on a game rack bottom shelf at the front where the line forms. I left a few when I picked up MoH LE since I hoped having less would make it more likely to not get blocked. Got MoH, Castlevania (last one) and LoZ:ST no problem. Sorry I couldn't post yesterday, but I was too busy from the moment I stopped til I fell asleep on the couch while taking a break at 2AM. Ugh.

[quote name='kitlink']I vaguely remember seeing one at the stonecrest and/or snellville locations this weekend. :/[/QUOTE]None at the snellville BB. No penny guides at all either.

Okay, folks. Io will be back in town and I am really hoping we can all get together when he's here next week. Can we plan on meeting next Thursday night, March 10?

Please?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm cool with that, Gwen, if it's in a fairly central location. I live in the Snellville area, so if it would be too far west, I'd probably bow out. But do what is best for everyone because I think most people live more central/west.

How often do you get a chance to meet up with io? I'm probably one of the furthest west, and it takes at least 25 minutes to get close to a highway, and then it's about 70 minutes from that point, but I persevere.

He'll be in the Norcross area. Come, it'll be fun!

[quote name='guinaevere']How often do you get a chance to meet up with io?[/QUOTE]

Don't hype me up too much - wouldn't want to disappoint people ;).

Norcross would be perfect, or even in the general vicinity like Duluth. There's a D&B's at Discover Mills. Whatever works best for everyone involved is just fine.

Dave & Busters would be great fun. It would give me a perfectly valid excuse to walk around Discover Mills during the afternoon. ;)

But I'm not good with putting things together, would that be far for Io to drive?

[quote name='guinaevere']Dave & Busters would be great fun. It would give me a perfectly valid excuse to walk around Discover Mills during the afternoon. ;)

But I'm not good with putting things together, would that be far for Io to drive?[/QUOTE]

Assuming no traffic, Discover Mills is around 15 minutes North on I-85. It's the Sugarloaf Parkway exit. Not sure where exactly in Norcross we're talking about, so that 15 minutes is based off Jimmy Carter Blvd.

EDIT: http://www.daveandbusters.com/Promotions/Default.aspx?id=3670

Hey folks. Just want to say hi and never knew there was a thread for Atlanta CAGs before today. If I'm not too busy with school, I might show up sometime for one of the get togethers or something you all do. :)

Isn't there a bigger D&B just a couple exits away? The last time I went to Discover Mills there was for some high school thing at Jillians and now its a D&B? Wow.

How about we go to the Dave & Busters at Discover Mills when Io is visiting. If enough people actually show up, we can meet at a bigger one some other time.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Assuming no traffic, Discover Mills is around 15 minutes North on I-85. It's the Sugarloaf Parkway exit. Not sure where exactly in Norcross we're talking about, so that 15 minutes is based off Jimmy Carter Blvd.

EDIT: http://www.daveandbusters.com/Promotions/Default.aspx?id=3670[/QUOTE]

Assuming no traffic on I-85 north on a Thursday afternoon/evening is a pretty bold assumption. :roll:

Norcross is doable, but the farther up 85 we push it, the more challenging it's going to be.

What time are we thinking?

I could get there around 7. If I remember right, D&Bs is usually a kind of "stand around and eat fried foods out of a basket" kinda situation, isn't it? That would work for late-comers.

[quote name='El Gray']I could get there around 7. If I remember right, D&Bs is usually a kind of "stand around and eat fried foods out of a basket" kinda situation, isn't it? That would work for late-comers.[/QUOTE]
Last few times I went, I had pasta dishes. Eating that out of a basket would have been super messy. :lol:

Typical bar and grill menu: Burgers, sammiches, appetizers, finger type foods, et cetera. We can socialize, drink, play games till maybe 7.30ish, then sit and eat. Then back to games. Doesn't have to follow a schedule, by any means.

Sounds good to me - certainly no earlier than 7 since I'll be working till at least 6 and will want to stop by the hotel before heading out. It doesn't have to be extremely close to me - I can drive ;). If there's a better one not too much further that's fine. Though it sounds like this Discover Mills place is somewhere Gwen can hang out at before the meetup. I think she has to drive like 1-2 hours to get there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad on the timing for this. I live in the Alpharetta area and probably would have made it over for this since its finally something in the north eastern burbs being discussed. Unfortunately, I have to get up early on Friday to head to Tampa so I can get up early on Saturday to wait in line to buy beer (yeah, I'm not kidding). I am going to have to pass on this one.

[quote name='neocisco']I may have to pass. I typically work late on Thursdays so it would be late before I could get there.[/QUOTE]

No way, Neo - you have to come. If we make it 8pm would that be better?

[quote name='El Gray']I can't imagine this turning into a rager that keeps you out past 10 or so, GG. Come on down![/QUOTE]

Thanks, but that weekend is going to be rough, so I will likely be in bed before even 10. It will be the liver Olympics for me and add in the early mornings and long driving times I have to get some sleep where I can.

[quote name='ROB64']Non gaming related, but I figured I'd ask this in the Atlanta thread.

Did anyone from here get to see the Roosevelt House demolition last Sunday?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ia9xoGDzIE

I woke up too late (dammit) so I didn't get to see it. Would've probably been too long of a drive anyway.[/QUOTE]

I saw it. One of the perks of living right across the street lol.

[quote name='io']No way, Neo - you have to come. If we make it 8pm would that be better?[/QUOTE]

You should stick with 7 since that seems best for the majority. I can see about leaving a little early but that's up in the air at this point. I'll do what I can though.

[quote name='ROB64']Non gaming related, but I figured I'd ask this in the Atlanta thread.

Did anyone from here get to see the Roosevelt House demolition last Sunday?

I woke up too late (dammit) so I didn't get to see it. Would've probably been too long of a drive anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yep! Here's the little video I shot:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_gray/5482644974/

I barely made it in time, myself, but I was glad that I did! Pretty impressive to see.

Holy crumbs! I hadn't heard anything about this except for post-demolition in this thread (I've been listening to much less news lately), but that was a fun video to watch.

images

Following is possibly offensive.
bush-in-cowboy-hat-240.jpg
possibly VERY offensive.
cwbys15.jpg

I noticed last night that the Blockbuster at the Toco Hills shopping center is closing. I was leaving the gym, and they'd just closed at 10, so I couldn't go in. The lights were still on, though, and I peeked in the windows. Didn't see any video games aside from a few Guitar Hero III box sets. I might try to swing by in the next day or two to see what's actually in there.

Speaking of Blockbuster, I picked up Bioshock 2 for $9.99 and also noticed they had Skate 3 for $19.99. Not sure if those prices are everywhere but they were at mine.

[quote name='El Gray']I noticed last night that the Blockbuster at the Toco Hills shopping center is closing. I was leaving the gym, and they'd just closed at 10, so I couldn't go in. The lights were still on, though, and I peeked in the windows. Didn't see any video games aside from a few Guitar Hero III box sets. I might try to swing by in the next day or two to see what's actually in there.[/QUOTE]

I think they may be closing out a bunch of them at once, because the one in the one on North Decatur Rd. (Publix shopping center) is having their going-out-of business sale right now as well.

Can't say as I'll miss 'em. :roll:

[quote name='Tybee']I think they may be closing out a bunch of them at once, because the one in the one on North Decatur Rd. (Publix shopping center) is having their going-out-of business sale right now as well.

Can't say as I'll miss 'em. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I'm close to that one, anything good? What level of discount are they running right now?

If anyone's interested the Kmart off Cleverland avenue has a Wow Cataclysm Collector's edition in the case, it was still marked 79.99. I didnt check because i was so mad that i wasted my time trying to get pokemon there.

bread's done
Back