AVENGERS 2: Age of Ultron (5/1/15) - Final Trailer

[quote name='deadpool253']Saw the Avengers. it was alright. The dialogue is cheesy, but then again I'm not really a Joss Whedon fan.
The action at the end was cool and the hint at Thanos in the next movie is something to look forward to.
[/QUOTE]
Thanos is next? Oh man...I feel the nerd rage within me building already...

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they do Thanos better than Galactus....ugh.

[quote name='deadpool253']Saw the Avengers. it was alright. The dialogue is cheesy, but then again I'm not really a Joss Whedon fan.
The action at the end was cool and the hint at Thanos in the next movie is something to look forward to.
[/QUOTE]

Spoiler tags?

UPDATE:

Since the U.S. gets the film a week late than all the other countries, we get an extra post-credit scene at the end.

So there are now 2 in this film.

First is a mid-credit scene.

Second is a final-credit scene, aka a "Whedon-esque scene" fans of Joss Whedon will get. :cool:

Cool.

Also of note, all the 2D midnight showings at the theater I'm going to are sold out, but the 3D ones are just sitting there :lol:

I thought Joss Whedon did a great job with The Avengers. I was especially impressed with Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk. He did such an amazing job that to be honest, I wish he got the part for the original Hulk movie.

Anyone seeing this in RealD 3D know if they're getting these glasses?

PHLEYqUmfUUMQN_1_m.jpg

Got my tix already.

I'm hoping my theater has them.

This movie is going to Nuke the box office with a 10mt bomb...........then TDKR will hit it with a 50mt bomb.............I swear if this is truly the last year of civilization then hollywood studios are going to be very happy with all the money they are making.

[quote name='HanawayCoca']Anyone seeing this in RealD 3D know if they're getting these glasses?

PHLEYqUmfUUMQN_1_m.jpg

Got my tix already.

I'm hoping my theater has them.[/QUOTE]
I am curious as well.

[quote name='ITDEFX']This movie is going to Nuke the box office with a 10mt bomb...........then TDKR will hit it with a 50mt bomb.............I swear if this is truly the last year of civilization then hollywood studios are going to be very happy with all the money they are making.[/QUOTE]

No way TDKR makes more than this movie...no way. It has a luke-warm reception compared to the others Nolan Batman movies. Avengers has also been voted as the most anticipated movie of the year in many surveys. I'll be really surprised if TDKR can even come close to the money this one will make.

I went to the screening for Avengers in IMAX last night and I thought the movie was amazing. Not 1 dull moment, full of action.

[quote name='juzzak1dd']I went to the screening for Avengers in IMAX last night and I thought the movie was amazing. Not 1 dull moment, full of action.[/QUOTE]
Aren't IMAX all 3D? Did you like it in 3D? Did you get the Avengers 3D Glasses?

[quote name='HanawayCoca']Anyone seeing this in RealD 3D know if they're getting these glasses?

PHLEYqUmfUUMQN_1_m.jpg

Got my tix already.

I'm hoping my theater has them.[/QUOTE]

Lucasfilm and AMC Theaters are offering podracer 3D glasses for Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace, and now Marvel is hopping onboard the personalized specs train. The studio will be offering special edition 3D glasses at participating theaters for the upcoming release of The Avengers. You can choose to rock Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, or Captain America specialized glasses while oogling the all-star superhero movie. The glasses will cost an extra $5 in ticket price, but you’ll be able to sport your super cool specs at many 3D movies to come. Presumably they’re a little more durable than the typical Real D glasses, making them fashionable and necessary.

http://collider.com/avengers-3d-glasses/141505/

[quote name='Fatality']
PHLEYqUmfUUMQN_1_m.jpg

Lucasfilm and AMC Theaters are offering podracer 3D glasses for Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace, and now Marvel is hopping onboard the personalized specs train. The studio will be offering special edition 3D glasses at participating theaters for the upcoming release of The Avengers. You can choose to rock Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, or Captain America specialized glasses while oogling the all-star superhero movie. The glasses will cost an extra $5 in ticket price, but you’ll be able to sport your super cool specs at many 3D movies to come. Presumably they’re a little more durable than the typical Real D glasses, making them fashionable and necessary.

http://collider.com/avengers-3d-glasses/141505/[/QUOTE]
Thanks, hope my theater has them.

[quote name='HanawayCoca']Aren't IMAX all 3D? Did you like it in 3D? Did you get the Avengers 3D Glasses?[/QUOTE]

No, not all IMAX are 3D. Hunger Games was in IMAX and it was not 3D. The Avengers 3D special glasses are for Real-D 3D shows only which do not include the IMAX. You don't get to keep the IMAX glasses but you can keep the regular 3D ones and my theater will be handing them out tonight for the premiere. I was told that they are limited though. And yes, the 3D was better than most movies I have seen (TinTin, Capt. America).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']No way TDKR makes more than this movie...no way. It has a luke-warm reception compared to the others Nolan Batman movies. Avengers has also been voted as the most anticipated movie of the year in many surveys. I'll be really surprised if TDKR can even come close to the money this one will make.[/QUOTE]

I really don't know about that LP. TDKR as the potential to beat out the Avengers. I am pretty sure that we are going to walk out from TDKR just shocked how the story ends. We already know that the Avengers kick ass from the trailers...but TDKR will have us guessing til the end on how it will end..............will Batman die saving Gotham or just quit? My money is still on batman having the better story and box office results.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']No way TDKR makes more than this movie...no way. It has a luke-warm reception compared to the others Nolan Batman movies. Avengers has also been voted as the most anticipated movie of the year in many surveys. I'll be really surprised if TDKR can even come close to the money this one will make.[/QUOTE]

No way TDKR doesnt make more than this movie. Avengers was great. But more people know who Batman is and care to see a Batman movie. A lot of the Marvel movies were complete rubbish leading up to Avengers. Iron Man 1 and 2 being the only two worth seeing. As for any survey of most anticipated movies of the year... well those are meaningless. Most of the people who will see these movies are the casual viewers, not someone so obsessed that they would bother taking a survey.

Id be surprised is The Dark Knight Return doesnt double the money made by Avengers.

Hard to resist comparing fanboy love of each other films but might as well: Nolan's writing in TDKR I'll bet will have a much better story than Avengers. It truly made TDK what it was - an epic movie that I have yet to see any previous comic book movie come close to. It helped propelled it to break box office records. How they portray Bane and Catwoman in TDKR will be key here.

[quote name='musha666']

Id be surprised is The Dark Knight Return doesnt double the money made by Avengers.[/QUOTE]

Return(s)?

you mean Rises?

I still think Rises will have a better story than the Avengers....

So who is checking in from the Marathon? If anything they should be either on IM2 or TIH by now.

I'd be surprised if TDKR didn't make more than this. It has a much wider appeal than this movie does.

[quote name='musha666']No way TDKR doesnt make more than this movie. Avengers was great. But more people know who Batman is and care to see a Batman movie. A lot of the Marvel movies were complete rubbish leading up to Avengers. Iron Man 1 and 2 being the only two worth seeing. As for any survey of most anticipated movies of the year... well those are meaningless. Most of the people who will see these movies are the casual viewers, not someone so obsessed that they would bother taking a survey.

Id be surprised is The Dark Knight Return doesnt double the money made by Avengers.[/QUOTE]

Hard to say. Batman Begins had a pretty modest box office of 372 million and it should have had more hype since it was the first Batman in a long time and a reboot at that.

Dark Knight got to 1 billion because of the hype regarding Ledger's performance and his unfortunate death.

Avengers has a more blockbuster popcorn flick type of feel and we all know those types of movies generate a lot at the box office (aka Transformers). As rubbish as Thor and Captain America might have been, they both have either matched or made more money than Batman Begins.

[quote name='whoknows']I'd be surprised if TDKR didn't make more than this. It has a much wider appeal than this movie does.[/QUOTE]

Really? I think The Avengers would be more popular than a dark Batman movie with a main villain that no one has ever heard of and another that they aren't promoting at all. Sure, the Avengers villain isn't popular at all but everyone loves The Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America and Thor, right? Plus, it looks FUN.

[quote name='Javery']Really? I think The Avengers would be more popular than a dark Batman movie with a main villain that no one has ever heard of and another that they aren't promoting at all. Sure, the Avengers villain isn't popular at all but everyone loves The Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America and Thor, right? Plus, it looks FUN.[/QUOTE]Both Avengers and TKDR will have built-in audiences from the past movies in their series, though Avengers is all over the map with its marketing, as all of the main characters have each been on different evening talk shows this week and in the past week.

I think they'll both be monster blockbusters in their respective runs, though I know I'm looking for TDKR to see how the third movie finishes things out and I'm looking for the Avengers to see how over-the-top the action will be.

One theatre chain out here is running a deal where you can see all of the five previous movies (IM1, Hulk, IM2, Thor, Cap America) plus The Avengers all for $35, with discounts on concessions. Figuring you'll be spending about 14 hours at the theater (started at noon today and ends at 2:30AM after the midnight show of The Avengers), it might be movie overload.

Sounds damn good to me, though. :D

[quote name='Javery']Really? I think The Avengers would be more popular than a dark Batman movie with a main villain that no one has ever heard of and another that they aren't promoting at all. Sure, the Avengers villain isn't popular at all but everyone loves The Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America and Thor, right? Plus, it looks FUN.[/QUOTE]

Most of the people that seem super hyped about the movie are big Marvel fans. I'm not saying that other people aren't going to see it, because that's not true at all, however TDK is the Wii of comic book movies, meaning it reached people outside of the typical audience for it.

The Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor definitely don't have the wide appeal Batman has though.

The movie does look fun though, just like all the other big summer blockbuster movies (most notably Battleship later this month).

I'm expecting to see things blowing up/getting destroyed by Marvel characters for 2 1/2 hours and I'll be perfectly happy if what it turns out to be.

Since this seems to be a TDKR vs. Avengers box office debate I'll add my worthless $.02 to the mix as well. I'm a huge Batman and Christoper Nolan fan but I just don't see how it can top Avengers. I really won't be surprised if Avengers ends up being up in the top 5 all time highest grossers. It is easily gonna be a billion dollar club member. Hell, overseas already has it 1/4 of the way there. The thing with Avengers that it strongly portrays a much more child/family friendly than this iteration of Batman.

TDKR on the other hand is gonna do well but unless it tops the quality of Dark Knight, there's no way its gonna get that high.

There have been Batman movies before, there will be Batman movies in the future, but an Avengers, ensemble movie is the movie that EVERYONE was sure was never going to happen. This is near-historic for comic book movies. They did it, they actually pulled it off, and for that they do deserve to be the top movie of the summer.

No way TDKR beats Avengers, it's already getting mixed feelings based on the trailers whereas The Avengers' trailers are just what you expect and want. There's a shitton more skepticism going into TDKR than Avengers.

There was also a lot of skepticism for The Dark Knight, especially after Heath Ledger was announced as The Joker and look how that turned out.

At the end of the day, no matter how good Dark Knight Rises and Avengers are, Prometheus is by far my most anticipated movie of the summer. It'll be hard for either of them to beat for me personally.

Before I got into comic books, before I liked Batman, the Alien franchise was by far my favorite thing as a kid. I can't even tell you the number of times I rented Aliens (on VHS!) from the movie store... The fact that its back, in true form (fuck that AVP noise, even without xenomorphs Prometheus is gonna be more of an Alien movie), has me absolutely captivated.

I have no interest in seeing any of these Marvel movies, but I already know that Dark Knight Rises will be the better film and I'm almost positive the Avengers will make more money.

[quote name='whoknows']There was also a lot of skepticism for The Dark Knight, especially after Heath Ledger was announced as The Joker and look how that turned out.[/QUOTE]

When he was cast, not when they showed trailers, two very different things.

And I agree with RedvsBlue, Prometheus is going to completely slay both movies for me, I still get chills when I watch that first teaser.

[quote name='whoknows']Most of the people that seem super hyped about the movie are big Marvel fans. I'm not saying that other people aren't going to see it, because that's not true at all, however TDK is the Wii of comic book movies, meaning it reached people outside of the typical audience for it.

The Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor definitely don't have the wide appeal Batman has though.

[/QUOTE]

That pretty much sums up my sentiments. This movie has gotten a lot of hype, but only Iron Man has been a runaway hit up until this point. No doubt this movie will make a bunch of money, but Batman is going to put more asses in seats and he will get more repeat theater customers because he skews to a demographic that is not only wider but has more disposable income.

If Avengers doesn't do north of 170 I will be surprised, especially if projections are that it will hit over 400 domestically.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']
If Avengers doesn't do north of 170 I will be surprised, especially if projections are that it will hit over 400 domestically.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure all the marvel nerds will be seeing this 4+ times just for the hell of it.

heck I know someone who's seen all marvel movies at least 4 times each.

[quote name='tcrash247']No way TDKR beats Avengers, it's already getting mixed feelings based on the trailers whereas The Avengers' trailers are just what you expect and want. There's a shitton more skepticism going into TDKR than Avengers.[/QUOTE]

Precisely!

----

Got my tickets for tonight from the local Cinemark theater, no Avengers 3D glasses...just the regular black ones. Whack! I'm hoping when I line up tonight they'll have them, as the clerk that I got my tickets from, had no clue what I was talking about when I asked about them.

This money game is stupid. The Dark Knight Rises will be the better film. The Avengers will be the more enjoyable one that holds up to repeat viewings. The directors histories prove as much.

Ok so i am here in Amc tysons and they started letting people in to the IMAX 3d screen at 9pm. There is an outside line forming for etx and 3d showings. I checked the avengers marathon screen and its packed. The imax screen is slowly filling up. got a free cool poster..but no collectible glasses. oh well.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Ok so i am here in Amc tysons and they started letting people in to the IMAX 3d screen at 9pm. There is an outside line forming for etx and 3d showings. I checked the avengers marathon screen and its packed. The imax screen is slowly filling up. got a free cool poster..but no collectible glasses. oh well.[/QUOTE]
Free poster?

We were planning on getting there by 10 pm, might have to move it at 9 now.

Yes there seems to be a few posters ..an imax exclusive group shot . Double sided posters containing iron man nick fury cap america and so on so look out for that. They got plenty.

Not going until Saturday afternoon. The lower-priced tickets make it easier to accept.

[quote name='Golden Idol']This money game is stupid. The Dark Knight Rises will be the better film. The Avengers will be the more enjoyable one that holds up to repeat viewings. The directors histories prove as much.[/QUOTE]

"Avengers is more enjoyable and you'll want to rewatch it! But Batman is better despite not being as enjoyable and not as appealing to rewatch later."

Knock it off. If your own statement is true, and no one knows whether it is or not yet, Avengers will wind up as the better film. The movie-snobbish "director" argument is nonsense.

Waiting in line for it now. It's crazy busy, they even closed off part of the parking lot for lines. Also someone came dressed up as Green Lantern :lol:

Just got back from it. Pretty damn good. Although I think
the plot was clearly formulaic, and it had lots of obvious foreshadowing to future events in the movie.

Didn't get to watch the post-credits scene(s) since AMC were dumbasses and cut the credits off. fuckers.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Not going until Saturday afternoon. The lower-priced tickets make it easier to accept.

"Avengers is more enjoyable and you'll want to rewatch it! But Batman is better despite not being as enjoyable and not as appealing to rewatch later."

Knock it off. If your own statement is true, and no one knows whether it is or not yet, Avengers will wind up as the better film. The movie-snobbish "director" argument is nonsense.[/QUOTE]

Hey. You're free to be wrong. But history has shown that a Nolan film requires more nuance and attention than a Whedon film. The directors play to different strengths and their filmography proves as much. Nolan could never make Cabin In The Woods, like Whedon couldn't make Inception. If you're blind to see that, that's your problem.

The Avengers is great fun like I envisioned. It's funnier than "Cabin In The Woods". Thor was the odd man out in my opinion. It's pretty by the numbers until Tony Stark shows up. There are a few MASSIVE plot holes that I'm sure a number of you will knock points off for. None of these are spoilers. But seriously, the character interactions are a revelation. So hilarious. My favorite character is what I suspect will be everyone's favorite character: The Hulk. I would have preferred a small bit more gravitas myself but the average film watcher like KaneRobot won't mind. Needed more: Spider-Man.

[quote name='Golden Idol']Hey. You're free to be wrong. But the fact is that a Nolan film requires more nuance and attention than a Whedon film. The directors play to different strengths and their filmography proves as much. Nolan could never make Cabin In The Woods, like Whedon couldn't make Inception. If you're blind to see that, that's your problem.[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true movie snob.

Also: just got to sit in a real chair for the first time in about 14 hours. The Avengers is a ton of fun -- I loved the entire thing.

[quote name='PR Mega X']Spoken like a true movie snob.

Also: just got to sit in a real chair for the first time in about 14 hours. The Avengers is a ton of fun -- I loved the entire thing.[/QUOTE]

holy shit you sat thru the marathon?

apparently lots of people did to the marathon as well as I snuck into a screen and saw the theater packed.

[quote name='PR Mega X']Spoken like a true movie snob.[/QUOTE]

Robert Downey Jr. disagrees with you.

"My whole thing is that that I saw 'The Dark Knight'," said Downey. "I feel like I'm dumb because I feel like I don't get how many things that are so smart. It's like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and script writing and I'm like, 'That's not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.' I loved 'The Prestige' but didn't understand 'The Dark Knight'. Didn't get it, still can't tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I'm like, 'I get it. This is so high brow and so f--king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.' You know what? F-ck DC comics. That's all I have to say and that's where I'm really coming from."

Just came back and I must say I enjoyed the movie. Worth a second viewing.
Hulk stole the show at the end battle. However I just don't like this version of the Hulk....Hulk needs to be an uncontrollable monster. Loved the Hulk vs Thor fight. Loki getting fucked up by the hulk was awesome.
Also they changed the logo for the main title ... I do not know why they did this as the one seen in the trailers worked perfectly.

They showed the following trailers
TDKR trailer 1
The Amazing Spiderman Trailer 2
Dark shadows
Frankenweenie
The hobbit
Prometheus trailer 2
MIB3 trailer 2

Glad studios released the newest trailers online.

and some pics for fun
[IMG-L=8197]27293[/IMG-L]
[IMG-L=8197]27295[/IMG-L]
[IMG-L=8197]27294[/IMG-L]
[IMG-L=8197]27296[/IMG-L]
(she actually had the best costume...not bad looking either)

I fucking loved the movie from start to finish, especially how humorous it was. Thor is so goddamn funny. I couldn't even pinpoint one favorite scene because I pretty much loved them all.

I'm kind of upset that I didn't get any cool glasses and the previews were shit. We got:

TDKR
Frankenweenie
Brave
Battleship

And I believe that was it. Also, the two post credit scenes were amazing. Let's just say I had a HUGE mark out moment for the first scene and the second one was just downright hilarious.

bread's done
Back