AVENGERS 2: Age of Ultron (5/1/15) - Final Trailer

Yeah I remember hearing about the Ant Man script, but I don't know if a stand alone movie would work, he just isn't that popular or well known. Dr. Strange I could see being pretty awesome if done right.

They're going to have limited edition 3D glasses for those that see the film in 3D early, think movie theaters are even taking pre-orders form them now.

Avengers3Dglasses.jpg

[quote name='Average Gamer']Even her badly done movies I have watched. Flippin' hotness.[/QUOTE]

Like that one where she was a nanny? Holy shit she was hotter than lava in that.

Shit, with the amount they charge for 3d, I always take home the glasses... I have fucking 18 pairs. If I need to sneak into a movie after I pay for a 2-d one, I always have a pair ready. However I think theater owners are catching up to this plan and are adjusting their projectors for certain lenses cause some 3-d movies look strange with older glasses. I know real 3-d glasses don't work with IMAX 3-d. Learned that the hard way lol.

[quote name='HanawayCoca']They're going to have limited edition 3D glasses for those that see the film in 3D early, think movie theaters are even taking pre-orders form them now.

Avengers3Dglasses.jpg
[/QUOTE]

lol that's awesome...doubt my theatre is going to have them though, but if they do I may have to get a Thor pair

[quote name='Javery']Extended trailer is great.

"I have an army."

"We have a Hulk."[/QUOTE]
I liked that too, apparently 1 Hulk = at least 1 army.

the commercial was cool scarlette johansen ( hott as she is) stood out like a sore thumb shes never seemed like the right person for that role imo. now if only the bring in the taskmaster as a villan at some point.

heres a question will the new spiderman be part of this universe or will the avengers universe have its own spiederman?

As I understand it, Sony Pictures has film rights for Spider-man. Marvel Studios can't include any Spider-man's in a film until they can re-aquire the rights. That's not likely to occur as long as Spider Man brings in big money.

[quote name='Salamando3000']As I understand it, Sony Pictures has film rights for Spider-man. Marvel Studios can't include any Spider-man's in a film until they can re-aquire the rights. That's not likely to occur as long as Spider Man brings in big money.[/QUOTE]

damn that sucks oh well. are there any other people who cant be in their movies because of this?

[quote name='lokizz']damn that sucks oh well. are there any other people who cant be in their movies because of this?[/QUOTE]

Spider-Man, all of the X-Men/mutants, and the Fantastic Four will never be a part of the Marvel Studios movie universe as it is unlikely that their various rights holders will let the movie rights go back to Marvel.

I believe the rights for Blade and Punisher have both gone back to Marvel, though. So at least there's that...

Holy god does that look balls to the wall awesome. I think this might be surpassing my excitement for Dark Knight Rises...

I'm afraid people are going to attempt to murder me if I say this, but it kinda reminds me of
Transformers

Even the music in the trailer sounds similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't like the last trailer or teaser that much, but I got to say the new one I'm actually finally getting excited for now.

[quote name='whoknows']I'm afraid people are going to attempt to murder me if I say this, but it kinda reminds me of
Transformers
[/QUOTE]
If you mean by ACTION scenes then hell yes!!! If the Avengers action scenes, just the actions scenes, are as big as Transformers, and it does look big, then I'm all for it. It's a good thing Michael Bay and his attrocious writing is not associated with Marvel Studios films.

[quote name='HanawayCoca']If you mean by ACTION scenes then hell yes!!! It's a good thing Michael Bay and his attrocious writing isn't associated with Marvel Studios films.[/QUOTE]

I don't mean it in a bad way, I enjoyed the third movie. I'm into the whole invasion thing.

I'm just wondering if the movie will amount to anything more than fancy special effects and big explosions.

[quote name='tcrash247']Yeah, this movie is going to be ridiculous. Hulk leaping to catch Iron Man out of the sky had shit leaping out of my asshole.[/QUOTE]

Ahaha that's one way to put it, but that might have been my favorite moment of that trailer.

That just may be the Midgard Serpent and a not Fing Fang Foom or a Skrull. Considering it is Loki as the film's primary villain, that could be the Midgard Serpent. Either way, it's awesome.

They're certainly based on the skrulls, but knowing Marvel they won't be called that. Why they wouldn't I don't know, maybe it's too sci-fi? they'll probably just make them Loki's asgardian minions or something.

OH SNAP!
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=87948

I was really tempted to do this myself, but to sit thru all those movies?!?!? God damn!!!! It's a good deal if you do it with friends and it comes to around 6.66 per movie which also includes the 3d glasses :p

After talking to my gf, we decided to do Avengers in 3d only... It wasn't shot in IMAX so it's not worth spending the extra money.

I have an army...

...we have a hulk (all while Tony Stark pours a drink), best scene in any of the trailers

adding to this I think Loki throws him out of the floor they are on if you watch other trailers and put pieces together

[quote name='Clak']They're certainly based on the skrulls, but knowing Marvel they won't be called that. Why they wouldn't I don't know, maybe it's too sci-fi? they'll probably just make them Loki's asgardian minions or something.[/QUOTE]

I see your point with "too sci-fi" but Marvel is playing both sides

I mean they try to make Tony Starks tech as realistic as possible, Capt American is probably possible with research, all of SHIELD looks like a real organization

...but where the realism is gone is with Hulk and Thor, once you add them in the movies a sci-fi flick

with enough money we can mimic Tony Starks tech, hell even Google is creating HUD glasses soon, so I respect that realism

I imagine that's largely fanboyism for the most part. Something about having a superhero movie with Scarlet Johannson and Mark Ruffalo just sounds cheesy from the get-go.

I just bought my ticket for the movie marathon at my local theater -- Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America, all leading up to a midnight premiere of Avengers. So fucking excited.

[quote name='PR Mega X']I just bought my ticket for the movie marathon at my local theater -- Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America, all leading up to a midnight premiere of Avengers. So fucking excited.[/QUOTE]

That sounds awesome, but I can only imagine what kind of crowd will show up for that.

[quote name='PR Mega X']I just bought my ticket for the movie marathon at my local theater -- Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America, all leading up to a midnight premiere of Avengers. So fucking excited.[/QUOTE]

The Incredible Hulk is part of the marathon too, I believe. I wanted to go to it but I wouldn't have the time with school, work and all that other stuff. Enjoy it though! :applause:

[quote name='blindinglights']That sounds awesome, but I can only imagine what kind of crowd will show up for that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's my biggest concern -- and unfortunately, I don't have any friends nerdy enough to go to 12 hours of straight movies with me :lol:

[quote name='GhostShark']The Incredible Hulk is part of the marathon too, I believe. I wanted to go to it but I wouldn't have the time with school, work and all that other stuff. Enjoy it though! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Incredible Hulk isn't part of the one I'm going to, sadly. I believe it's included in showings at AMC theaters, but for some reason, not at Regal. Either way, I've never been so happy to have Fridays off ;)

I really thought about doing the whole marathon. That's a shit load of movies to sit thru one after the other. The most I've sat thru was FOUR movies 2 years ago. It's too much since I would be gone for like 15-16 hours :O
I am pretty sure theater owners would do some promos like free t-shirts for making it thru all movies. Do you know how much sugar and salt you will be taking in that day/night to stay up for the Avengers? They would have to give out free shit to keep people around.

Last edited by a moderator:
As of this post, the Avengers on Rotten Tomatoes so far has 24 good reviews and 1 bad review. That 1 bad review said "Apparently, bootleg copies of Transformers 3 made it to Asgard." Lol WTF?! XD

[quote name='Javery']I really need to get Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America on blu-ray and watch them. I'm way behind...[/QUOTE]I need to put in some viewing time for Thor & Captain America for me, though at least I own them, so I'm a step better than you. :razz:

bread's done
Back