AVENGERS 2: Age of Ultron (5/1/15) - Final Trailer

I thought the second post credits scene was funny, everybody who stayed laughed awkwardly through the whole thing.

I can't recall what scenes in the movie stood out as having the best 3-d effects... Did Iron Man's HUD look like it was coming at you in 3d?

I saw this last night with some friends. Ended up seeing a bunch more people I knew there. Show was sold out but we had good seets in the 3rd row from the top. Some of the fighting reminded me of MvC lol. I loved the movie. And I saw it in 2D cause I'm a cheap ass.

Movie was good but didn't resonate with me like it did for some of you. I would have taken less action for more character development.

Saw it at midnight on opening night and loved it. I still prefer the Dark Knight overall, but Avengers topped it if you weren't in the mood for something grim and gritty. I'm tempted to see it one more time...

[quote name='ITDEFX']I can't recall what scenes in the movie stood out as having the best 3-d effects... Did Iron Man's HUD look like it was coming at you in 3d?[/QUOTE]
It actually felt like I was in Iron Man's suit.

Also the Hulk out moments are freaking gigantic in 3D!

Seriously if you watch a film in 3D, sit as close to the screen if you can! Recommended highly!

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Movie was good but didn't resonate with me like it did for some of you. I would have taken less action for more character development.[/QUOTE]

exactly.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']It actually felt like I was in Iron Man's suit.

Seriously if you watch a film in 3D, sit as close to the screen if you can! Recommended highly![/QUOTE]

No.... actually getting too close to an imax 3d screen made us really sick.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']It actually felt like I was in Iron Man's suit.

Seriously if you watch a film in 3D, sit as close to the screen if you can! Recommended highly![/QUOTE]
You're one of those guys who sits in the front row and misses half the movie? And nothing stood out on the 3D just when black widow is pointing the gun at bruce

And the trailer for frakenweiner looks cool

[quote name='GUNNM']You're one of those guys who sits in the front row and misses half the movie? And nothing stood out on the 3D just when black widow is pointing the gun at bruce

And the trailer for frakenweiner looks cool[/QUOTE]
Watched it in regular 3D, sat around the 4th/5th row = worth it in 3D! Good thing about Avengers was that there were not a lot of night time scenes. About 90%-95% of the film was in the day, good for 3D.

If you see it in IMAX, mid to farther seating is best since you want to see the whole screen.

But regular 3D I'd recommend around 4th/5th row :cool:

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Movie was good but didn't resonate with me like it did for some of you. I would have taken less action for more character development.[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, that's what the standalone movies are for. I wanted pure action in The Avengers and was pleased that that's what I got.

It didn't really with me either. While I liked it more than the other Marvel Studios movies, my thing is I don't really like any of the characters that much. They're ok, but they don't really do anything for me. They're just B level heroes to me.

I have to ask the obvious question, if you don't like any of the characters, why did you see the film?

I saw it over the weekend in 3D. It was great, full of action and had a pretty good storyline. My wife doesn't know shit about the characters or their back stories (she watched the first Iron Man the night before we went). The film does a pretty good job explaining who everyone isn't up to speed on the characters, but there are a lot of "inside" jokes for people who have seen all the movies leading up.

3-D was one of the smoothest I've experienced. I might go see it again stoned.

I hope they add those 30 minutes as a Director's Cut for the Blu-ray version release. I heard this movie was suppose to clock around 3 hours before cutting out stuff for it to be released in theaters.

I loved this movie. It was better than all the Spider-Man films, X-Men, and other Marvel movies.

I'm upset with my theater for not having this on 3D IMAX. Instead they had Wrath of the Titans still running on 3D IMAX. WTF!?

That's more or less my take on it. I'd still give it a 4/5 judging it as an action movie. But I'm more of a drama guy and can only take the occasional popcorn action flick, so I'm not totally in love with this like many are.

It's a damn good action movie, and I'll buy it on Blu for sure as it's a fun movie. But it's not high up my favorite movies list since it's not one of my favorite types of movies in general. That's why I like Nolan's Batman films so much more than I do any other comic movies to date as they have a good blend of action, drama and character development.

[quote name='E_Man']I hope they add those 30 minutes as a Director's Cut for the Blu-ray version release. I heard this movie was suppose to clock around 3 hours before cutting out stuff for it to be released in theaters.

I loved this movie. It was better than all the Spider-Man films, X-Men, and other Marvel movies.

I'm upset with my theater for not having this on 3D IMAX. Instead they had Wrath of the Titans still running on 3D IMAX. WTF!?[/QUOTE]

Funny you should mention the Spider-man movies. Last week they were showing on FX and my girlfriend was watching them. Despite the fact that I used to think they were the pinnacle of comic book films at one time, I couldn't believe how terrible they were. I guess my opinions have changed, the bar has been raised, etc. but some of the stuff in Spider-man 2 was downright dumb.

Let me get this straight, out of all the thousands of banks to rob in Manhattan, Doc Ock just happens to pick the one Peter Parker and his aunt just happen to be at that exact time. Then, of all the people in the crowd he happens to pick up Aunt May and hold her hostage. Jesus, that's more unbelievable than a radioactive spider giving you super powers. Not to mention the sheer silliness of him opening up a vault and there is neatly stacked money bags sitting right there with some random gold coins spilling out? Needless to say I felt like those movies have not aged well the more I think about it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Funny you should mention the Spider-man movies. Last week they were showing on FX and my girlfriend was watching them. Despite the fact that I used to think they were the pinnacle of comic book films at one time, I couldn't believe how terrible they were. I guess my opinions have changed, the bar has been raised, etc. but some of the stuff in Spider-man 2 was downright dumb.

Let me get this straight, out of all the thousands of banks to rob in Manhattan, Doc Ock just happens to pick the one Peter Parker and his aunt just happen to be at that exact time. Then, of all the people in the crowd he happens to pick up Aunt May and hold her hostage. Jesus, that's more unbelievable than a radioactive spider giving you super powers. Not to mention the sheer silliness of him opening up a vault and there is neatly stacked money bags sitting right there with some random gold coins spilling out? Needless to say I felt like those movies have not aged well the more I think about it.[/QUOTE]
You nailed it, my wife asked why they were rebooting the Spiderman series, I reminded her how terrible Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst were. The plots were all too coincidental, but that's the movies for you.

Yeah, that kind of stuff doesn't bother me much. Most movies have stuff that's way to coincidental for dramatic purposes. Just part of the suspension of disbelief that's needed to enjoy movies--especially action movies.

You think about any movie too much, you're gonna find something to take issue with. Using the Dark Knight as an example...why didn't the cops care that a bus was parked in a bank for a couple minutes...what did the Joker do to the party guests at the fundraiser after Batman left...and why would Batman be able to get a fingerprint off a bullet when it should be on the shell casing?

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']You nailed it, my wife asked why they were rebooting the Spiderman series, I reminded her how terrible Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst were. The plots were all too coincidental, but that's the movies for you.[/QUOTE]
In all 3 Spider-Man films, Mary Jane was always kidnapped and rescued at the end of all these movies.:roll: I hope the reboot can bring more life into Spider-Man.

The Spider Man movies felt to me like they were sourcing more from the older comics than newer stuff. I just mean that in the sense that back in the earlier days of comics things were a lot simpler, it was still assumed only kids were reading the stuff. So having the villain show up at the same bank that Peter and his aunt just happen to be at wouldn't seem out of place. The movies had a bit cornier, older feel to them. The new one seems to be taking more of a modern approach.

At the least, they're going back to the mechanical web shooters.

[quote name='E_Man']In all 3 Spider-Man films, Mary Jane was always kidnapped and rescued at the end of all these movies.:roll: I hope the reboot can bring more life into Spider-Man.[/QUOTE]
Spiderman should have dropped her off at the dentist at some point. But there is a good chance that would be the same dentist that the Green Goblin was getting his filling done and that would have been a whole 'nother pointless battle.

[quote name='ITDEFX']See when a big multi-super hero movie blows up the box office opening weekend, you gotta think what the DC execs are thinking now? It's their fault for not getting their shit together as they KNEW the Avengers movie was coming....4 fucking years (more if you think about it!) since Iron Man 1 and the tease of the Avengers and NO SIGNS of a Justice League? So we get the end of Batman, a reboot of Superman (next year), No Wonder Woman film (The TV pilot never saw the light of day), A so so green lantern movie, No Flash or Martian Manhunter film as well. It could have been started YEARS AGO but no they fucked up (yes I know the DC situation is more complicated with their rights). If DC got smart about it, we should atleast get an a JL movie going before the next Avengers movie comes out......I doubt it because Bale said this was the last batman for him and no one really knows the new superman.

*sigh*[/QUOTE]
DC has nothing to blame but Warner Bros themselves.

Warner Bros had Joss Whedon back in 2007 to write and direct a Wonder Woman movie. Instead WB said - nevermind, a Geoff John's Green Lantern film is more important to work on, along with a Jonah Hex film, so we'll just make a Wonder Woman TV show instead, besides we still have Harry Potter for a few more years.

So Whedon's script gets tossed out, Green Lantern flops, Jonah Hex is nowhere to be heard from again, and the Wonder Woman TV pilot never even gets picked up by a network.

Whedon eventually ends up getting picked up by Marvel Studios. And the rest is history.

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']If I want to be a cynical dick, I could pick apart movies and their coincidences or lapses in common sense.

If I was a large, cynical, black woman - I would do it out loud, in the theater.[/QUOTE]
Did you really need to go in that direction?

[quote name='dohdough']Did you really need to go in that direction?[/QUOTE]
Sorry, bad experience at the Avengers. Got her thrown out of the theater.

Did you really need to get that sensitive? Sorry if you're a large, cynical, black woman. I didn't mean to offend you.

Back on topic.
Any time Thor started spinning the hammer to fly, it really took me out of the movie because it looked so hokey. Another thing that bugged me was the scepter making everyone "mad." Seemed kinda too LOTR-ish.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='E_Man']In all 3 Spider-Man films, Mary Jane was always kidnapped and rescued at the end of all these movies.:roll: I hope the reboot can bring more life into Spider-Man.[/QUOTE]

Of course. This time it will be Gwen who gets kidnapped and rescued at the end of the movie.

[quote name='Javery']Of course. This time it will be Gwen who gets kidnapped and rescued at the end of the movie.[/QUOTE]
Are you sure about that?;)

In the comics,
her and her father die, unless they go with another storyline

[quote name='HanawayCoca']DC has nothing to blame but Warner Bros themselves.

Warner Bros had Joss Whedon back in 2007 to write and direct a Wonder Woman movie. Instead WB said - nevermind, a Geoff John's Green Lantern film is more important to work on, along with a Jonah Hex film, so we'll just make a Wonder Woman TV show instead, besides we still have Harry Potter for a few more years.

So Whedon's script gets tossed out, Green Lantern flops, Jonah Hex is nowhere to be heard from again, and the Wonder Woman TV pilot never even gets picked up by a network.

Whedon eventually ends up getting picked up by Marvel Studios. And the rest is history.[/QUOTE]

doesn't this sound like that situation where Brian Singer quits the x-men series in favor for Superman Returns? (which again was not that bad as everyone thought it was)

[quote name='dohdough']Which is all you needed to say to begin with.

Yeah, I'm also sorry that you feel the need to make racist statements to try and sound witty and funny. Feel free to have the last word on this.:roll:

Back on topic.
Any time Thor started spinning the hammer to fly, it really took me out of the movie because it looked so hokey. Another thing that bugged me was the scepter making everyone "mad." Seemed kinda too LOTR-ish.
[/QUOTE]

Saying the word black doesn't automatically make him a racist or "racist statements". Politically correct libs, let me tell ya...

[quote name='dohdough']Back on topic.
[/QUOTE]
That's how Stan Lee and Jack Kirby intended for Thor to actually fly. Not sure if they keep this around in the comics now a days, but Thor always spins his hammer whenever he flies.

The gem on Loki's staff is the mind gem. It's part of the Infinity Gems placed in the Infinity Gauntlet found in Odin's chamber in the Thor film.

2331976-marvel02.jpeg

Infinity Gauntlet is owned by Thanos.

avengers_thanos.jpg

[quote name='HanawayCoca']That's how Stan Lee and Jack Kirby intended for Thor to actually fly. Not sure if they keep this around in the comics now a days, but Thor always spins his hammer whenever he flies.[/QUOTE]
No doubt about that. It just doesn't translate that well on screen to my eyes. I can't seem to remember him doing it a lot in Thor though, maybe I just blocked it out...hahaha.

The gem on Loki's staff is the mind gem. It's part of the Infinity Gems placed in the Infinity Gauntlet found in Odin's chamber in the Thor film.
Ah ok...now it makes more sense. Is there a source for this? edit: I seem to remember it being powered by the cosmic cube?

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Remember to stay after the credits.

Since the U.S. gets the film a week late than all other countries, we get an extra post-credit scene at the end.

So there are now 2 in this film.

First is a mid-credit scene.

Second is a final-credit scene, aka a "Whedon-esque scene" fans of Joss Whedon will understand. :cool:[/QUOTE]

D'oh! Me and my son stayed for the mid-credit one but left when the "normal" credits started scrolling. Then again, since I have no idea who this "Joss Whedon" character is, maybe it wouldn't have meant anything to me. Anyone named "Joss" gets an instant hit on their credibility in my eyes though ;).

I found the movie to be... OK... Then again, I am not into the superhero and comic book thing at all. I haven't seen any other movies about these characters (including Iron Man). I just went because my 12 year-old son wanted to see it. I'm glad I did - it was enjoyable enough.

But it is a whole bit of society and culture I missed out on I guess. I mean, I'm the age (let's just say over 30, and under 50 ;)) where comics would normally be a huge thing, but I just didn't partake. Hell, I didn't even know who half these characters were. I never heard of Hawk or the Johannsen character before and I'm guessing they've been around for a while. Thor I know from mythology but not as some sort of comic book character. Hell, I don't even think I knew about Iron Man until the movies came out (except for the song of course). Hulk I know both from the original Ang Lee movie (which I liked by the way) and from the 70's TV show which I watched all the time. And of course like Spiderman he was a bit more "out there" as a comic book character so even as a little kid I was aware of him.

So, yeah, other than gaping plot holes and "WTF, why would it happen that way?" moments, I guess I was blind to both any inconsistencies and also to "cool" easter-egg type things and inside jokes with the characters (though I did catch Stan Lee's cameo).

BUT - all in all, like I said, it was worth seeing even for a very very casual "fan". I do want to go and watch the Iron Man movies now.

[quote name='Clak']I have to ask the obvious question, if you don't like any of the characters, why did you see the film?[/QUOTE]
Because I don't hate them? Also I never said they were bad characters.

I just don't have the attachment to them like most of you seem to.

[quote name='dohdough']Back on topic.
[/QUOTE]

Thor can fly on his own, the spinning thing is just something he does for the affect.

Kind of like how runners will shake out their legs before sprinting, or a gunslinger will twirl his gun before holstering it.

[quote name='Jodou']I'll admit I know nothing about Thanos, but I did recognize who it was thanks to MvC2 lol.[/QUOTE]

SPRRRRCEE and POWERRRRR

Now I want Thanos in UMvC3.

[quote name='dohdough']Ah ok...now it makes more sense. Is there a source for this? edit: I seem to remember it being powered by the cosmic cube?[/QUOTE]

If I'm remembering thing's properly...
Loki's Staff being powered by the Cosmic Cube was the reason it was able to breach the Tesseract's barrier at the end.

[quote name='dohdough']No doubt about that. It just doesn't translate that well on screen to my eyes. I can't seem to remember him doing it a lot in Thor though, maybe I just blocked it out...hahaha.[/QUOTE]

You're right, I don't remember him doing it in the Thor movie. Maybe he does, I just dont remember.

Question about post credits scene:
Who's the guy talking to Thanos? Another Titan or Skrull? As I recall Thanos looks the way he does due to his deviant gene so I'm guessing a skrull.

[quote name='Rodimus']You're right, I don't remember him doing it in the Thor movie. Maybe he does, I just dont remember.[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

Thor only flies twice in his movie, right? Once on Earth and once in Aesgard. Pretty sure he swings the hammer on Earth at least, but it's probably faster and harder to see.

[quote name='Rodimus']You're right, I don't remember him doing it in the Thor movie. Maybe he does, I just dont remember.

Question about post credits scene:
Who's the guy talking to Thanos? Another Titan or Skrull? As I recall Thanos looks the way he does due to his deviant gene so I'm guessing a skrull.
[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it was just a high-rankings Chitauri (the Ultimate Universe's Skrull, IE they were a shapeshifting alien race) since that's what they were called in the movie

[quote name='dohdough']You know what would be hilarious?
If it was Mephisto. I wonder if the answer is in the end credits, which would be even more hilarious because no one paid attention...LOLZ
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GhostShark']
I'm guessing it was just a high-rankings Chitauri (the Ultimate Universe's Skrull, IE they were a shapeshifting alien race) since that's what they were called in the movie
[/QUOTE]
Some CB forums are saying that if this has anything to do with the new...

Guaridans of the Galaxy film that was announced.

1623098-1300457_cosmic_avengers_super_super.jpg

That alien could also then be:

anihron_2.jpg

[quote name='Rodimus']Question about post credits scene:
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
You know what would be hilarious?
If it was Mephisto. I wonder if the answer is in the end credits, which would be even more hilarious because no one paid attention...LOLZ

^ That's not the Gaurdians of the Galaxy. I swear, they need to bring this comic back.

GuadiansoftheGalaxy.jpg

I could see that being Ronan, but I think GhostShark is right. Maybe they're making Thanos the Skrull leader or something.

[quote name='Rodimus']^ That's not the Gaurdians of the Galaxy.

GuadiansoftheGalaxy.jpg

I could see that being Ronan, but I think GhostShark is right. Maybe they're making Thanos the Skrull leader or something.[/QUOTE]
You are correct sir! I just saw Nova and Quasar (the old one).

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Some CB forums are saying that if this has anything to do with the new...

Guaridans of the Galaxy film that was announced.

1623098-1300457_cosmic_avengers_super_super.jpg

That alien could also then be:

anihron_2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That team is actually the "Galactic Avengers." They were supposed to get their own book and everything, but since nobody cares about how awesome the Marvel cosmic books are, it was scrapped at the last minute.

However, I think those characters (minus the FOX-owned Silver Surfer) would make for a better Guardians of the Galaxy cast than the actual Guardians of the Galaxy. They are just more interesting. Just add in Rocket Raccoon with his UMvC3 voice and you got a great cast.

That team is actually the "Galactic Avengers." They were supposed to get their own book and everything, but since nobody cares about how awesome the Marvel cosmic books are, it was scrapped at the last minute.

However, I think those characters (minus the FOX-owned Silver Surfer) would make for a better Guardians of the Galaxy cast than the actual Guardians of the Galaxy. They are just more interesting. Just add in Rocket Raccoon with his UMvC3 voice and you got a great cast.
[/QUOTE]

Marvel's cosmic stuff was a great run. Nova and Guardians are some of my favorite books. Plus their big events (Conquest, War of Kings, Thanos Imperative) are some good reads too. They did have that Annihilators comic that had everyone in that picture minus Nova. Anyways cosmic Marvel movie would be welcomed.

BTW Annihilation > Civil War

bread's done
Back