AVENGERS 2: Age of Ultron (5/1/15) - Final Trailer

[quote name='GhostShark']
1623098-1300457_cosmic_avengers_super_super.jpg

That team is actually the "Galactic Avengers." They were supposed to get their own book and everything, but since nobody cares about how awesome the Marvel cosmic books are, it was scrapped at the last minute.

However, I think those characters (minus the FOX-owned Silver Surfer) would make for a better Guardians of the Galaxy cast than the actual Guardians of the Galaxy. They are just more interesting. Just add in Rocket Raccoon with his UMvC3 voice and you got a great cast.
[/QUOTE]
Wow, honestly didn't know that!

:cold:

[quote name='Rodimus']Marvel's cosmic stuff was a great run. Nova and Guardians are some of my favorite books. Plus their big events (Conquest, War of Kings, Thanos Imperative) are some good reads too. They did have that Annihilators comic that had everyone in that picture minus Nova. Anyways cosmic Marvel movie would be welcomed.

BTW Annihilation > Civil War[/QUOTE]

Just about anything is better than Civil War. The first five issues of Civil War were great, but then shit just got unbalanced and unbelievable. Annihilation was great from beginning to ending.

I guess this pretty much confirms that Guardians of the Galaxy will tie in with The Avengers:

[quote name='SlashFilm']Next up, I spoke to Whedon about his decision to add
Thanos into the film:
/Film: The last thing is the Thanos tag. Can you talk a little bit about that? Kevin said it was your idea. Why decide on Thanos? Why now?
Joss Whedon: He for me is the most powerful and fascinating Marvel villain. He’s the great grand daddy of the badasses and he’s in love with death and I just think that’s so cute. For me, the greatest Avengers was THE AVENGERS annual that Jim Starlin did followed by THE THING 2 in 1 that contained the death of Adam Warlock. Those were some of the most important texts and I think underrated milestones in Marvel history and Thanos is all over that, so somebody had to be in control and had to be behind Loki’s work and I was like “It’s got to be Thanos.” And they said “Okay” and I’m like “Oh my God!”​
Of course neither would reveal what this means going forward, though Feige did hint it won’t come to true fruition until a Guardians of the Galaxy film finally gains traction. However, with The Avengers 2 likely coming in 2015, you can bet he’ll be a big part of that.
[/QUOTE]
http://www.slashfilm.com/exclusive-joss-whedon-kevin-feige-explain-origin-the-avengers-post-script/

[quote name='HanawayCoca']The gem on Loki's staff is the mind gem. It's part of the Infinity Gems placed in the Infinity Gauntlet found in Odin's chamber in the Thor film.[/QUOTE]

Son of a bitch. That makes so much sense -- I can't believe I didn't get that. Thanks for pointing it out!

I'm hoping they add a couple more heroes to the team by the time the sequel comes out. Not really a fan of the current characters.

[quote name='moon_knight']I'm hoping they add a couple more heroes to the team by the time the sequel comes out. Not really a fan of the current characters.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I also don't agree. If they add new heroes, they will have to take some out (which would probably be Widow and Hawkeye). If it is going to be centered around more cosmic happenings, then you're gonna need someone (besides Thor) that knows about space like Nova or Quasar. The easy alternative would be Hank and Janet Pym because they can be easily introduced. Guess that might depend if that Ant-Man movie by Wright is ever going to happen.

Just like the comics, you don't want to overload on heroes on a team book/movie. It would just take too much away from the film.

[quote name='GhostShark']I agree, but I also don't agree. If they add new heroes, they will have to take some out (which would probably be Widow and Hawkeye). If it is going to be centered around more cosmic happenings, then you're gonna need someone (besides Thor) that knows about space like Nova or Quasar. The easy alternative would be Hank and Janet Pym because they can be easily introduced. Guess that might depend if that Ant-Man movie by Wright is ever going to happen.

Just like the comics, you don't want to overload on heroes on a team book/movie. It would just take too much away from the film.[/QUOTE]
I agree that they would probably take out those two. I just hope they add some variety since all thats announced so far is Thor 2, Captain America 2, Ironman 3 and Avengers 2. I'll be sick of the characters if thats all that comes out.

From Magic Box

[quote name='Magic Box'] RUMOR: Marvel Characters Inc. registered a new domain name "avengersbattleforearth.com" through MarkMonitor, and the nameserver entries "nic1/nic2.ubisoft.com" belong to Ubisoft, which indicates a new Ubisoft Avengers game is in development.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='moon_knight']I agree that they would probably take out those two. I just hope they add some variety since all thats announced so far is Thor 2, Captain America 2, Ironman 3 and Avengers 2. I'll be sick of the characters if thats all that comes out.[/QUOTE]
When it comes to Marvel properties I'd like to see hit the theaters it would be Doctor Strange and the Runaways. I believe they still own the film rights to the Runaways. I know Fox has the rights to all mutants, and that one girl is a mutant but I believe there is a limit to the rights Fox has. Speaking of I believe Fox would have to be the studio to do a Deadpool movie which I would love to see, except it would be from Fox and they'd fuck it up.

wait I am confused.......
Is this Tesseract the same from Asgard (as seen in THOR) or the one used by Red Skull in Captain America.... if it is the Tesseract from Asgard...how did it travel back in time to earth?

[quote name='moon_knight']I agree that they would probably take out those two. I just hope they add some variety since all thats announced so far is Thor 2, Captain America 2, Ironman 3 and Avengers 2. I'll be sick of the characters if thats all that comes out.[/QUOTE]

They'll probably announce something else...at least, I hope so.

I'm only half interested in the sequels. I don't know if it's just me, but I felt like all the villains were pretty lame in the movies so far (exception being The Avengers...sort of).

Does Thor/Captain America/Iron Man have any good villains? If so, I don't understand why they aren't being used.

As villians come you don't get much better than Loki. He was voted in the top 10 best villians in comic books. Cap probably has the weakest list of villians. Red Skull's always been his big one. Maybe MODOK, Baron Zemo (pretty much a Red Skull wannabe), or even a Winter Soilder movie would be cool. Iron Man still has Mandrian, probably his most notible foe. Thor's got Hela, Enchantres, Wreking Crew, and even Mesphisto. Keep in mind they share villians with each other.

The Avengers have a ton of great villians. Loki (duh), Thanos, Ultron, Masters of Evil, Taskmaster, and Kang to name a few. Most recently it's been the Dark Avengers. But it makes sense to have Loki as their first villian since he was their first in the comics. He practicly created them.

You guys don't know your comic books at all...bunch of pathetic wannabes...

The Avengers greatest villains are
THEMSELVES!!!

/thread:lol:

Iron man 3 looks like the best sequel they're making so far. I'm hoping for the possible Iron Fist movie and Edgar Wright's ant man.

[quote name='Rodimus']As villians come you don't get much better than Loki. He was voted in the top 10 best villians in comic books. Cap probably has the weakest list of villians. Red Skull's always been his big one. Maybe MODOK, Baron Zemo (pretty much a Red Skull wannabe), or even a Winter Soilder movie would be cool. Iron Man still has Mandrian, probably his most notible foe. Thor's got Hela, Enchantres, Wreking Crew, and even Mesphisto. Keep in mind they share villians with each other.

The Avengers have a ton of great villians. Loki (duh), Thanos, Ultron, Masters of Evil, Taskmaster, and Kang to name a few. Most recently it's been the Dark Avengers. But it makes sense to have Loki as their first villian since he was their first in the comics. He practicly created them.[/QUOTE]

They can't use Mephisto. He was in Ghost Rider and those rights are with Sony. Also means they can't use Dr. Doom and actually get him right.

[quote name='Rodimus']As villians come you don't get much better than Loki. He was voted in the top 10 best villians in comic books. Cap probably has the weakest list of villians. Red Skull's always been his big one. Maybe MODOK, Baron Zemo (pretty much a Red Skull wannabe), or even a Winter Soilder movie would be cool. Iron Man still has Mandrian, probably his most notible foe. Thor's got Hela, Enchantres, Wreking Crew, and even Mesphisto. Keep in mind they share villians with each other.

The Avengers have a ton of great villians. Loki (duh), Thanos, Ultron, Masters of Evil, Taskmaster, and Kang to name a few. Most recently it's been the Dark Avengers. But it makes sense to have Loki as their first villian since he was their first in the comics. He practicly created them.[/QUOTE]

I'm just not convinced (at least for the movies) that Loki is a great villain and it's not just the actor making you think he's great (because the actor did a great job). He's probably the best out of them all though. The villains in Iron Man 1/2 were really really lame, and Red Skull was forgettable. In the movie anyways.

Here's hoping for better villains in the sequels.

[quote name='Salamando3000']They can't use Mephisto. He was in Ghost Rider and those rights are with Sony. Also means they can't use Dr. Doom and actually get him right.[/QUOTE]
Too bad about Mephisto and Dr. Doom.
Although, I don't think Mephisto is really needed for an Infinity Gauntlet adaption considering the screen time the bad guys got in Avengers. We probably won't see Thanos snapping his fingers and killing half the life in the universe or him really talking about it.

[quote name='whoknows']I'm just not convinced (at least for the movies) that Loki is a great villain and it's not just the actor making you think he's great (because the actor did a great job). He's probably the best out of them all though. The villains in Iron Man 1/2 were really really lame, and Red Skull was forgettable. In the movie anyways.

Here's hoping for better villains in the sequels.[/QUOTE]

Did you ever read the original Avengers comic.

Thor had a split personality, and as a hero he was very much a work-in-progress

Loki was much more badass - he was playing the Avengers like a violin until the Hulk unexpectedly fucked it all up.

Technically, Mephisto in the first Ghost Rider was known as Mephistopheles and looked nothing like Mephisto, so they could always break some rules there.

As for Loki, I thought he was great. He's the villian, well him and the Red Skull, that most embodied their comic counterpart in my eyes. And I've read just about every Thor comic there is at least up until Seige. fuck 3.99 comics.

I will say that the Iron Man villains were lame, but they were rather lame in the comics so I can understand that. I'm really surprised we haven't got Mandarin yet. I mean there is a minor connection between his ten rings and the Infinity Gems so there is potential there. If they stick to the Extremis storyline and add in a touch of the Infinity Gems in Iron man 3, it will be great. Extremis is a great product to go off of.

As for Thor 2, I really hope we get Enchantress and the Executioner. They've always been a thorn in Thor and Loki's side. Maybe get some of the Underworld (Hel) weaved into the movie and possible teaser of Ragnarok.

And for Cap 2, I think they best thing they can do is to either bring back The Red Skull, which I would be ok with, or introduce the Winter Soldier. Most of Cap's other villains were people he fought in World War 2 and that could bring up any number of problems. Naturally, the Red Skull or Bucky would be prime villains for Cap 2. Also, give us Sharon Carter, The Falcon and maybe Maria Hill.

Of course, You would have to bring up the Infinity Gems in each of the films. And hopefully we get some solid castings and shooting dates for the films and more info on the projects up in the air at Marvel Studios (Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, etc).

Just wanted to throw out there that I freaking loved this movie. Do you think they will add some random characters like War Machine & Abomination? Maybe Blade and the Punisher now that they have rights to them again? I know they weren't Avengers, but hell, I'd pay for some crazy crossover. I'm sure Snipes could use the work.

And for Cap 2, I think they best thing they can do is to either bring back The Red Skull, which I would be ok with, or introduce the Winter Soldier. Most of Cap's other villains were people he fought in World War 2 and that could bring up any number of problems. Naturally, the Red Skull or Bucky would be prime villains for Cap 2. Also, give us Sharon Carter, The Falcon and maybe Maria Hill.
[/QUOTE]

I so want some Winter Soldier action in Cap 2 :bouncy:

[quote name='GhostShark']Of course, You would have to bring up the Infinity Gems in each of the films. And hopefully we get some solid castings and shooting dates for the films and more info on the projects up in the air at Marvel Studios (Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, etc).[/QUOTE]
From Director Edgar Wrigth's twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/edgarwright

Just saw 'Avengers' again at the Vista in 2D on 35mm with a full house clapping throughout.
Received this in the mail. What can it mean? http://twitpic.com/9hnn6t

Ant-Man (Giant Man) looks like one of the next phase.

antmanavengers.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Was reading the reviews on Metacritic and saw this excerpt from one of them:

The bad news is that if you haven't seen "Thor," "Captain America" and "Iron Man 2" - that's six hours and three minutes of homework - The Avengers won't make sense. The good news is if you're a human under the age of 45, you probably already have.

Well, I fall under that category (just barely) and yet I have not seen any of those other movies. And you know what, this one wasn't all that hard to understand. Yeah, I didn't know some of the characters beforehand, but I could figure out what was going on for the most part. Maybe that is a sign that the movie is better than I thought it was ;).

[quote name='io']Was reading the reviews on Metacritic and saw this excerpt from one of them:

Well, I fall under that category (just barely) and yet I have not seen any of those other movies. And you know what, this one wasn't all that hard to understand. Yeah, I didn't know some of the characters beforehand, but I could figure out what was going on for the most part. Maybe that is a sign that the movie is better than I thought it was ;).[/QUOTE]

I wholeheartedly disagree with that. Sure, you won't exactly know what the Cosmic Cube is and you won't know Loki's deal, but to say The Avengers won't make ANY sense is a huge stretch. In fact, my sister asked me last night if she would be confused because she hasn't seen Captain America or Iron Man 2 but I said she'd be fine.

As for villains, Iron Man doesn't have that many cool villains. Really, most of his villains are guys like him in suits of armor, such as Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo and The Melter. Obviously The Mandarin is his biggest and most well known villain but I'm pretty sure they said they haven't done him because they think his character would be too far-fetched.

I'm not too up on Captain America's villains beyond Red Skull and Baron Zemo but I'm sure they can come up with something.

I think it would be cool for Beta Ray Bill to show up in a Thor movie, but if Mandarin is too far-fetched then he isn't going to happen.

EDIT: I forgot about Grey Gargoyle and Ultimo for Iron Man, they would be pretty cool. Fin Fang Foom might work, but that's kind of a stretch. I could seem him fighting the Avengers though.

I can't believe that after Avengers they'd say any of that was far fetched. They just made a movie featuring norse gods and aliens, nothing is far fetched at this point. If they're going to do Thanos then Mandarin shouldn't be a big deal.

As for Loki, I thought he was great. He's the villian, well him and the Red Skull, that most embodied their comic counterpart in my eyes. [/QUOTE]

I thought both were pretty lame. I guess it's just one of those things where if you're not a comic fan you aren't going to like those characters.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I thought both were pretty lame. I guess it's just one of those things where if you're not a comic fan you aren't going to like those characters.[/QUOTE]
I thought Loki was good enough in Thor because they gave a smidgen of character development, but they turned him into generic bad guy #45 in Avengers. Red Skull kinda suffered a little from that too.

[quote name='dohdough']I thought Loki was good enough in Thor because they gave a smidgen of character development, but they turned him into generic bad guy #45 in Avengers. Red Skull kinda suffered a little from that too.[/QUOTE]

Loki did work better in Thor, but he just comes across as a whiny emo douchebag in both movies.

Red Skull just doesn't translate well from the comic as a guy with a red skull for a head/face just looks lame on film.

[quote name='dohdough']I thought Loki was good enough in Thor because they gave a smidgen of character development, but they turned him into generic bad guy #45 in Avengers. Red Skull kinda suffered a little from that too.[/QUOTE]

I actually liked Loki more in the Avengers. He went from whiny emo to bombastic schemer, which is more in line with a trickster god persona.

Loki pretty much got his way up until the final showdown, he even played the Black Widow (conned the conwoman). His only mistake was killing that trading card dude.

One thing that did get on my nerves, and mostly because it was repeated so many times, it was that line that Black Widow had about "red on my ledger".

One thing I found mildly amusing while waiting for the second post-credit scene was the fact they misspelled Namco-Bandai when crediting registered trademarks for Galaga. If you're paying attention, they credit them as Nameco Bandai lol.

[quote name='Jodou']One thing I found mildly amusing while waiting for the second post-credit scene was the fact they misspelled Namco-Bandai when crediting registered trademarks for Galaga. If you're paying attention, they credit them as Nameco Bandai lol.[/QUOTE]
I spotted that too! It was the very end of the credits, it was spelled Nameco Bandai twice! Maybe that's the correct Japanese translation? According to google it's ナムコ translated as Na-mi-ko.

:lol:

[quote name='Clak']I can't believe that after Avengers they'd say any of that was far fetched. They just made a movie featuring norse gods and aliens, nothing is far fetched at this point. If they're going to do Thanos then Mandarin shouldn't be a big deal.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, now it's not far-fetched. Maybe it was Faverau that said it was far-fetched for the direction his Iron Man movies were going, which I can see. But yeah, after The Avengers aliens, I'd say anything goes.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']I spotted that too! It was the very end of the credits, it was spelled Nameco Bandai twice! Maybe that's the correct Japanese translation? According to google it's ナムコ translated as Na-mi-ko.

:lol:[/QUOTE]
Lets be honest here: Namco has been spelled that way for as long as I've been alive. I don't think they suddenly changed the American spelling for The Avengers haha.

On another note, I don't think this has been mentioned but the final action scenes REALLY felt like a blend of Marvel vs Gears of War. That wyrm like thing looked like it was ripped straight from the games.

[quote name='Jodou']Lets be honest here: Namco has been spelled that way for as long as I've been alive. I don't think they suddenly changed the American spelling for The Avengers haha.

On another note, I don't think this has been mentioned but the final action scenes REALLY felt like a blend of Marvel vs Gears of War. That wyrm like thing looked like it was ripped straight from the games.[/QUOTE]
I've always wanted to see Cable done like GofW in a film...
https://twitter.com/#!/ConanOBrien/status/199910940114829312

[quote name='Tony Stark']What is the thing covering Loki's mouth at the end?[/QUOTE]

The mask of Loki

loki_400.jpg

But seriously I'm guessing some kind of muzzle so he can't chant spells (even though you never see him do this in the movie.) Or maybe to just shut up his lying trickster mouth.

[quote name='Clak']One thing that did get on my nerves, and mostly because it was repeated so many times, it was that line that Black Widow had about "red on my ledger".[/QUOTE]

what does "red on my ledger" mean???

does it mean something like having blood on her hands after all her missions she's been on?

[quote name='aleraiders']what does "red on my ledger" mean???

does it mean something like having blood on her hands after all her missions she's been on?[/QUOTE]
Yes, but more like all the people she killed before she became an agent of SHIELD because Hawkeye was sent to kill her because of it, but didn't.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Quibblo: Which Avenger are you?

I got Iron Man. Always thought I was more of a Thor. :^o[/QUOTE]

WTF?? I got Black Widow. I would have thought I was Thor also.

bread's done
Back