B2 G1 @ Gamestop (YMMV)

dlg3rd

CAG Veteran
I talked to a gamestop employee tonight and they said to expect a B2G1 free sale to go into effect next week. Not sure if it's just for this location (Hampton, VA | Peninsula Town Center) since it's a new location, but I doubt it because normally that would be a grand opening type of deal if only for one store, right?

I guess we'll have to see.

YMMV - Confirmed today !

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't B2G1s happen quarterly?

There just aren't that many used games I want. The handheld games never have the case/instructions promise online, so the B1G1 didn't help. And they are OOS constantly on good titles. For no further good reason I am looking forward to the B&M sale more.

This may have been mentioned earlier in the thread... but if not, I figured I'd share.

Ironically I've played with the CAG16 coupon code (16% off of used games) and if you factor in your edge card discount (10%) it's almost as good if not better depending on the games your getting than the b2g1 deal.

[quote name='kryptonic']This may have been mentioned earlier in the thread... but if not, I figured I'd share.

Ironically I've played with the CAG16 coupon code (16% off of used games) and if you factor in your edge card discount (10%) it's almost as good if not better depending on the games your getting than the b2g1 deal.[/QUOTE]

While that's true, the closer in price the groups of games you're purchasing, the more you're saving, to the point where it far exceeds any possible savings from CAG16. The most you can save is 26% from that combo. The most you can save with a B2G1 is 43% as you can also use EDGE during the B2G1.

[quote name='killer9']why is this still here they are obviously not going to do a b2g1 after just running a b1g1[/QUOTE]

Unless this is only for new games and accessories. that would be sweet!!!:bouncy:

[quote name='kryptonic']This may have been mentioned earlier in the thread... but if not, I figured I'd share.

Ironically I've played with the CAG16 coupon code (16% off of used games) and if you factor in your edge card discount (10%) it's almost as good if not better depending on the games your getting than the b2g1 deal.[/QUOTE]

Yup, this is due largely in part to the lower online prices. What I prefer about the CAG16 + Edge is that fact that you aren't forced to purchase three games to achieve maximum savings.

[quote name='killer9']why is this still here they are obviously not going to do a b2g1 after just running a b1g1[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't they? There is something called in-store, where those games are not available online and it is easier to draw people to buy more than they wanted.

I just wish there was some kind of confirmation from GameStop. I want them to say "first weekend of the GameDays sale, we're having a buy two get one free gaming event on all used games". With the b1g1 taking an epic, glorious shit, I need some way to not pay full price. Even gamestop's used game prices are just too expensive.

According to the manager at my local gamestop, corporate told them that the website and the B&M's are completely separate in their eyes. Just a tidbit.

[quote name='GuardianE']While that's true, the closer in price the groups of games you're purchasing, the more you're saving, to the point where it far exceeds any possible savings from CAG16. The most you can save is 26% from that combo. The most you can save with a B2G1 is 43% as you can also use EDGE during the B2G1.[/QUOTE]

You're also forgetting that online prices for used games is actually cheaper than in store prices;)

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Was the B1G1 a glitch or what? I didn't even hear about it until just now...[/QUOTE]

No, they really had a B1G1 sale. All of the recent games were gone in an hour(or less) and it didn't even last a day.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Yeah, I'm probably actually going to wait until the in-store one, since I don't quite trust the completeness/condition of the PS2 games I'd want to get.[/QUOTE]

I got about 8 PS2 games via the B1G1 deal as my local stores either have bad selection or the games are jacked. Sadly all the online games I get are in fine condition (though not always complete) but the local ones tend to not be complete and the game itself is butchered.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']No, they really had a B1G1 sale. All of the recent games were gone in an hour(or less) and it didn't even last a day.[/QUOTE]

That's crazy. I'm totally missing out on all the good deals this week. First the B1G1 at GS then the Kmart Coupon deal.

Damn it didn't get to take advantage when they didn't restrict it to 19.99 or less, well I picked up 2k10 and Phantasy star online for $17 not bad at all

[quote name='skateraXVIII']That's crazy. I'm totally missing out on all the good deals this week. First the B1G1 at GS then the Kmart Coupon deal.[/QUOTE]
what was the kmart coupon deal? but i have to throw my hat into that ring. i wasn't allowed to get any games on the b1g1 free day, however it just so happens to my parents said i could get the games i wanted today. to bad the deal is over, so i hope the b2g1 comes soon.

They must have gotten hit by resellers really bad because i notice that the coupon included "no resllers" when i attempted to use it agian.

[quote name='hendrickfan24']You're also forgetting that online prices for used games is actually cheaper than in store prices;)[/QUOTE]

For all the games that I want to pick up, the online prices are the exact same as the in-store prices. I think it's that way for the majority of games except for some very new, popular titles.

Yeah, I would really like to know, as I'm hoping to get a 60GB HDD, Metro, and some other new game. I'd really like to know, cause I've been waiting, and I'm down to 1.5GB's on my launch 20GB drive. Please tell me soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Has this been verified?[/QUOTE]

No but people like to keep bumping the thread, getting everyone's hopes up. :cry:

I was in 3 Gamestops today, and two of them had b2g1 for used games, not sure if this is just misc. stuff though. So I guess YMMV? Also if anyone is buying Metro, one of those Gamestops had one new for 49.99...and a used copy for 44.99 (?_?) so with an edge card...that was a nice price. Maybe Philly is just freaky like that...

Edit: Sorry, 2 out of three gamestops.

[quote name='Lord Fitz Chivalry']I was in 3 Gamestops today, and three of them had b2g1 for used games, not sure if this is just misc. stuff though. So I guess YMMV? Also if anyone is buying Metro, one of those Gamestops had one new for 49.99...and a used copy for 44.99 (?_?) so with an edge card...that was a nice price. Maybe Philly is just freaky like that...[/QUOTE]

Woah really. Im gonna call em up right now. I live in California, i know its a slim chance, but hey hopefully there is one nearby here.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Just called: The girl said no B2g1 free right now here in california :(. Must be YMMV[/QUOTE]
im in california and 2 of them near me had it ?

called, not happening for me... they just had the buy 1 get 1 and got destroyed on it, so i doubt they will do it again.

(i got bully scholarship edition, RE5, battlefield BC [1], and some other game that was $20 but i forgot it all for $41 after tax).

[quote name='Lord Fitz Chivalry']I was in 3 Gamestops today, and three of them had b2g1 for used games, not sure if this is just misc. stuff though. So I guess YMMV? Also if anyone is buying Metro, one of those Gamestops had one new for 49.99...and a used copy for 44.99 (?_?) so with an edge card...that was a nice price. Maybe Philly is just freaky like that...[/QUOTE]

I stopped in 2 today neither were doing a b2g1, either a local thing for you or store openings.

I went to a GameStop in Neshaminy Mall (Bensalem, PA) today and they had a B2G1 sale. I picked up FFXIII for 49.99 and NSMBW for 40.49 and brawl as my third. Nice prices, but I got a ghetto single disc case for FFXIII and no manual... :/

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Has this been verified?[/QUOTE]

I called the store in peninsula center and they said it was starting tomorrow “because they are a new store”. They also said that they were the only store in the area running the sale.
I noticed that a few others are reporting success in their area so looks like YMMV indeed.

Verified = Yes, Good for all=No.

[quote name='dlg3rd']I called the store in peninsula center and they said it was starting tomorrow “because they are a new store”. They also said that they were the only store in the area running the sale.
I noticed that a few others are reporting success in their area so looks like YMMV indeed.

Verified = Yes, Good for all=No.[/QUOTE]

Noooo! You got my hopes up for nothing :(

Which three were they? I'll have to give them a call tomorrow and see if it is still going on, or if it was just for the one day.

I can only recall one of the two stores that were doing the B2G1 in Philly,(around Philly whatever), it was the Gamestop in the Franklin mills mall, and it definitely isn't a opening sale. If you are going, you should hurry, the place was getting ripped apart when i stopped by. The second one was in a plaza somewhere in NE Philly, sorry for the lack of specifics on that one.

Edit: A correction for my previous post, i meant 2 out of 3 gamestops.

[quote name='dlg3rd']I called the store in peninsula center and they said it was starting tomorrow “because they are a new store”. They also said that they were the only store in the area running the sale.

Verified = Yes, Good for all=No.[/QUOTE]

Will it be the entire week? I am headed up to Richmond later in the week and could probably just stop by on the way up.

Yea, just called my local store and they are not having the B2G1... Is there any correlation to finding stores that *are* having this?

Just checked my GS in Missoula, MT, and no go.

Can't believe that B1G1 lasted less than a day. Could have gotten a lot out of that if I'd caught it in time.

[quote name='j-cart']Called 2 gamestops in SoCal. They have no idea about it, or even if it will happen.[/QUOTE]

After trading in my 9 copies of Nerf game from Best Buy I was told by multiple Gamestops that this would be happening soon. All I can say is that the guy who traded 35 copies of the game for $650 is my fucking hero. That was in SoCal

[quote name='m00p2001']After trading in my 9 copies of Nerf game from Best Buy I was told by multiple Gamestops that this would be happening soon. All I can say is that the guy who traded 35 copies of the game for $650 is my fucking hero. That was in SoCal[/QUOTE]

What?! :shock:

[quote name='mtincher']What?! :shock:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the mods closed the Best Buy thread down and removed his posts but he seriously is the man.

bread's done
Back