New Bundle is $449
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
XBOX 360 Premium Console
Saint's Row
Dead Rising
Test drive Unlimited
[/FONT]
LINK

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Just to summarize all the conflicting reports from Outpost CSRs:

1.) Same bundle, same price. $360 before shipping, available Saturday.
2.) Same bundle, higher price. $499 before shipping, available Saturday.
3.) 360 Premium, Kameo, PGR3 and Perfect Dark Zero, $519 before shipping, available Saturday.
4.) Same bundle, higher price. $449 before shipping, available now if you ordered the original deal. *NEW*

This excludes the nebulous "sweet deal" or "better deal" reports.[/quote]

$360
Possible price mistake. Even if you don't like the games you could sell them on ebay and make about $110, making the premium bundle $250 + shipping. Shipping for me was about $11.

LINK

Have fun!

Yup its official, my order was just cancelled, I recieved the email, well I knew it was to good to be true, oh well, I guess I'll see what kind of deal they have to offer this Saturday. Has it even been confirmed that there will be a replacement bundle? Or is it just rumored?

[quote name='Jay1032']This is really screwing with me, since mine is still in process and I've got no email. Argh![/QUOTE]

me too. No email, but it did go to "in process". It lists out an Xbox 360 individually, Saint's Row, Dead Rising, and Test Drive all at $0. It then says Xbox 360 Premium Bundle: $359.96.

no tax, shipping $10.

Total: $370.20

When it says shipped I will be excited. until then I wait.

Throw me in the cancellation e-mail pile. Updated my order status to reflect it as well. Oh well, worth a shot. Good luck to all who gave it a shot, maybe a couple will slip through.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']I'm still processing, no emails either way.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I placed my order on Sunday night, so I don't know if they are working their way backwards cancelling orders or what.

[quote name='Venkman']me too. No email, but it did go to "in process". It lists out an Xbox 360 individually, Saint's Row, Dead Rising, and Test Drive all at $0. It then says Xbox 360 Premium Bundle: $359.96.

no tax, shipping $10.

Total: $370.20

When it says shipped I will be excited. until then I wait.[/QUOTE]

Mine is now the same way, crossing my fingers.

Looks like this deal will be back online this weekend. From SD:

"After another inordinately long hold time I spoke to some loud guy that I had no trouble hearing at all, who told me the same song & dance about error this, blah blah that, sorry Sir I can't do anything blah blah ... then I heard him say something I latched on to, "This was a special that we weren't supposed to run yet" ...
emot-eek.gif
... Come again? I then thought to myself, "So if this is a special that wasn't supposed to be run yet, then when exactly are you supposed to be running it"? I never figured he'd actually tell me when they would run this deal, especially after he just got done telling me how he couldn't reveal that kind of info to friends and family, but he just blurted it out without any prompting on my part at all ... according to him they will rerun this special this weekend."

[quote name='screwkick']Looks like this deal will be back online this weekend. From SD:

"After another inordinately long hold time I spoke to some loud guy that I had no trouble hearing at all, who told me the same song & dance about error this, blah blah that, sorry Sir I can't do anything blah blah ... then I heard him say something I latched on to, "This was a special that we weren't supposed to run yet" ...
emot-eek.gif
... Come again? I then thought to myself, "So if this is a special that wasn't supposed to be run yet, then when exactly are you supposed to be running it"? I never figured he'd actually tell me when they would run this deal, especially after he just got done telling me how he couldn't reveal that kind of info to friends and family, but he just blurted it out without any prompting on my part at all ... according to him they will rerun this special this weekend."
[/QUOTE]

Everyone and their mothers will be waiting for this. Its going to sell out instantly. Of course I was going to go out this weekend. Now I have to weigh my options.

Grrr...I wish they would just honor the orignal deal. Its going to be the same thing, just honor it.

I called, everything went the same as that SD post, I got through the initial lady and I talked to a guy in sales. He tells me, without me asking, that there will be a sale coming up this weekend for the same price. He also mentioned that some of the orders were fulfilled, but they ran out of 360s. I found this hard to believe, because I ordered one around 12:20am on Monday.

I wouldn’t take this promise of another sale for an answer. I, honestly, am going to be out of town this weekend without a computer and couldn’t put another order in. I told him that I want this problem RECTIFIED, and I wanted my order to be moved to the new sale. He said my order was cancelled and there was nothing he could do. I kept pushing for something to be done (I wasn’t angry or cussing or anything), and he asked if I wanted to speak to his supervisor.

NOTE: At NO point, did this guy mention anything about a price mistake.

I get on the phone with the supervisor. Tell him my situation and what the last guy told me. He says there WILL BE NO SALE, and that it was a price mistake. I was surprised, and I asked him, well why did this other guy tell me that there will be another sale and that some orders went through? He said the guy must be misinformed, there is no sale and no orders went through, I will be getting a cancellation email shortly. I told him, that after all this, assuming that there is no sale, I want this problem… RECTIFIED! :)

He said it was an honest pricing mistake and that they were taking full responsibility for it. This is the only part I got a little upset about. Without yelling, I quickly asked him, how are you taking full responsibility for it??? He said, well, I’m offering an apology.

Give me a break.

I kept pushing him, telling him that I was going to report them to the BBB, and they would lose my business. He said he was sorry to hear that. I asked if there was anyone above him I could talk to, and he gave me the name of the store manager. He wasn’t in tonight, but will be tomorrow, so I’m going to talk to him then.

I think I have enough information here to form a legitimate complaint. I’m going to complain about their poor business practices, along with getting multiple stories from their customer service and see what can be done. I’ll keep everyone informed. If I do get him to give me the bundle for the price we ordered it for, I will definitely let everyone know, so then you guys can call and say, this guy got it, I want it too!

I’m calling tomorrow. This problem will be RECTIFIED!!!!

[FONT=&quot]*Cue hero music*[/FONT]

my order has not been cancelled yet, says order being processed, and then on teh next page says item status is in process.......anyone else?

Yep, cancelled :|

On the one hand, I'm relieved - I now need to use the card I put it on for something else - but on the other hand I'm annoyed that they cancelled the orders, especially if they run the exact same deal this weekend.

Oh well, c'est la vie.

I JUST got the cancelation e-mail. Like 1 minute ago. Hopefully someone will have success with this and I'll be able to call back and complain and get the deal, but that sure sounds stressful.

I don't think I'd mind that much if the deal was merely a pricing error, but if they do indeed run the same deal this weekend and I am unable to get one THEN I will be angry.

guys it would be helpful, not only to post that you got your cancellation notice, but also at what time you ordered and which shipping you chose

Go Lt. DAN! I am sorry I may miss out on this 'cause I just saw the footage from the Gears of War 48 hour event.

Sent chills down my spine. I must try to resist unless some killer deal pops up again.

[quote name='cribbs542']guys it would be helpful, not only to post that you got your cancellation notice, but also at what time you ordered and which shipping you chose[/QUOTE]

I ordered at around 10:30 West coast time (so 1:30a.m. pacific), and had ground shipping. Hope this helps.

I ordered at 12:20 AM, east coast time. I assume that the deal went live around 12 midnight, which is why I found it hard to believe that some of the orders were being fulfilled... because mine sure isn't. Yet.

Just got notice that it was cancelled. The time they have listed for me is 11:45 pm on Sunday night. I also went with ground shipping.

I'm pretty sure everybody who ordered one is going to get cancelled. I don't see how they filled any of those orders.

[quote name='Titans24']Just got notice that it was cancelled. The time they have listed for me is 11:45 pm on Sunday night. I also went with ground shipping.

I'm pretty sure everybody who ordered one is going to get cancelled. I don't see how they filled any of those orders.[/QUOTE]

11:45 est, or wisconsin time? whatever that is..haha

[quote name='evanl85']11:45 est, or wisconsin time? whatever that is..haha[/QUOTE]

lol....couldn't remember what time I did it at. It was 10:45 central (and Wisconsin :) )

Mine now says canceled, no email. And 15 minutes ago it showed as in process with the expanded list.

Now I call.

Ordered on 10/09/2006 at 12:39 am.

Cancelled. just got the email. Oh well. I think I will torture myself with some more Gears of War/Dead Rising footage.

It would be very helpful if everyone could report their experience with customer service after they call. If one order gets through, all of our orders should be able to get through.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']I called, everything went the same as that SD post, I got through the initial lady and I talked to a guy in sales. He tells me, without me asking, that there will be a sale coming up this weekend for the same price. He also mentioned that some of the orders were fulfilled, but they ran out of 360s. I found this hard to believe, because I ordered one around 12:20am on Monday.

I wouldn’t take this promise of another sale for an answer. I, honestly, am going to be out of town this weekend without a computer and couldn’t put another order in. I told him that I want this problem RECTIFIED, and I wanted my order to be moved to the new sale. He said my order was cancelled and there was nothing he could do. I kept pushing for something to be done (I wasn’t angry or cussing or anything), and he asked if I wanted to speak to his supervisor.

NOTE: At NO point, did this guy mention anything about a price mistake.

I get on the phone with the supervisor. Tell him my situation and what the last guy told me. He says there WILL BE NO SALE, and that it was a price mistake. I was surprised, and I asked him, well why did this other guy tell me that there will be another sale and that some orders went through? He said the guy must be misinformed, there is no sale and no orders went through, I will be getting a cancellation email shortly. I told him, that after all this, assuming that there is no sale, I want this problem… RECTIFIED! :)

He said it was an honest pricing mistake and that they were taking full responsibility for it. This is the only part I got a little upset about. Without yelling, I quickly asked him, how are you taking full responsibility for it??? He said, well, I’m offering an apology.

Give me a break.

I kept pushing him, telling him that I was going to report them to the BBB, and they would lose my business. He said he was sorry to hear that. I asked if there was anyone above him I could talk to, and he gave me the name of the store manager. He wasn’t in tonight, but will be tomorrow, so I’m going to talk to him then.

I think I have enough information here to form a legitimate complaint. I’m going to complain about their poor business practices, along with getting multiple stories from their customer service and see what can be done. I’ll keep everyone informed. If I do get him to give me the bundle for the price we ordered it for, I will definitely let everyone know, so then you guys can call and say, this guy got it, I want it too!

I’m calling tomorrow. This problem will be RECTIFIED!!!!

[FONT=&quot]*Cue hero music*[/FONT][/QUOTE]
Grow up, kid. There's nothing here to "rectify." You want the bundle for the obviously ridiculous price of $360, and it's just not going to happen. Man up.

I find it highly suspect that all the games in the bundle are suddenly now out of stock. Or to be technical "call for availability".

This means that either:

A) They really did ship out this bundle till they were sold out.

or

B) They really do plan on having the same deal this weekend and they want to make sure they stock up.

I really don't see any other possibility.

And just to update, I haven't seen any new reports outside of the four I mentioned (the ones the OP quoted). Been keeping an eye on FW, SD, some other gaming forums, and of course CAG.

Let me also say that I very much doubt the deal will be back at a $360 pricepoint. From the options I've heard, the $449 pricepoint sounds the most logical -- it's the best 360 deal if you're shipping to a state free of internet tax, and on par with the Amazon.com deal if you're shipping to a state that does have internet tax (for example, my current residence of Illinois... dammit).

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']

Let me also say that I very much doubt the deal will be back at a $360 pricepoint. From the options I've heard, the $449 pricepoint sounds the most logical -- it's the best 360 deal if you're shipping to a state free of internet tax, and on par with the Amazon.com deal if you're shipping to a state that does have internet tax (for example, my current residence of Illinois... dammit).[/QUOTE]

I would probably do it for $450, but only if it was free shipping.

Mine got canceled :( I was praying. Hopefully it will come back as the same deal and I can grab it. Even if its 450 I would probably get it. Heres hoping.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I would probably do it for $450, but only if it was free shipping.[/quote]
Mine got canceled :( I was praying. Hopefully it will come back as the same deal and I can grab it. Even if its 450 I would probably get it. Heres hoping.

THIS is why I feel they're using underhanded business practices. They advertise a certain, very low, price. Then they say it's not available at that price, you have to pay a little more. Most people, including myself (if I had access to a computer this weekend), would just say "what the hell" and go ahead and buy it.

I'm not saying what they are doing is illegal (it might be, I'm not sure), but, in my opinion, this is as close to illegal as you can get. Luckily for me, my (reasonable) opinion is all the proof I need, since the customer is always right.

And if the customer isn't always right, there's no way they'll be able to have a profitable business in the long run.

I agree Dan, what they are doing is pretty crappy and basically illegal. If the deal was orginal $450 I would have jumped on it. I'm going to have to think about it over the next couple days. Judging by the Fry's ads that are posted here I always wanted a Fry's near me but after see their customer service with this I'm rethinking that.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']THIS is why I feel they're using underhanded business practices. They advertise a certain, very low, price. Then they say it's not available at that price, you have to pay a little more. Most people, including myself (if I had access to a computer this weekend), would just say "what the hell" and go ahead and buy it.
[/QUOTE]

It is false advertising and it is considered fraud.

A bait-and-switch is an offer of a service or product at a very low price (often a loss leader), with little or no intention to sell said service or product as advertised. If available at all, this low price is accomplished by lowering standards on the advertised product, such as guarantees, credit terms, or quality, thereby making it undesirable.
Another method is to offer a "limited quantity" deal, with only a few of the advertised product per store. Once the consumer is in the store, sales personnel will try to coax him or her to purchase a different and more expensive product. This is more common, as it is often legal if there is a disclosure of the limited quantity available.

If they offer the SAME EXACT package this weekend at a slightly higher cost, they will definitely fall into this category. Until then, I think it still falls into the "accidental misprice" grey area. In which case no one is entitled to anything.

That being said, those that call, handle yourself with dignity and treat the CSR respect. Things will go much smoother this way with an outcome more likely in your favor. If you call and are a dick right from the get go, you are going to get nowhere.

bread's done
Back