Bad News Brown and Mike Awesome's Memorial Wrestling Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='2Fast']I was referring solely to Jerry Lawler. Not that I think he doesn't belong, I was just hoping for someone a little less obvious I guess.

(I could have sworn he was already in too)[/quote]

Ohhh, well when you read the internet spoilers...

Anyway, there's still 4 spots left, and possibly a celebrity spot. I know WWE at one point hoped to induct Ali, but I'm sure that's not happening now. Usually the biggest name is saved for last, no?

I hope to see Ricky Steamboat get in there, and I'd love to see Savage, I just can't help but think he's been black-listed from the WWE for good.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Ohhh, well when you read the internet spoilers...

Anyway, there's still 4 spots left, and possibly a celebrity spot. I know WWE at one point hoped to induct Ali, but I'm sure that's not happening now. Usually the biggest name is saved for last, no?

I hope to see Ricky Steamboat get in there, and I'd love to see Savage, I just can't help but think he's been black-listed from the WWE for good.[/QUOTE]

Well, he was on the list read to Hogan so who knows.

I fucking loved that opening "HBK is a turncoat!" video to death. That is such a perfect dickish heel move, and the best part is that it's also a great face move as well since an argument can be made that they're just trying to smarten up Cena. Shelton-Hardy was great aside from things either missing or Shelton just going splat on the canvas, which I thought worked perfectly within the context of the match and made it more exciting. Nitro becoming a killer heel was great as well, and the Cena/HBK-Rated RKO tag title match event featured good action and an incredibly hot crowd giving it a special feel that wasn't too common a year ago on Raw, but is quite commonplace now and yet still feels special. The visual of Khali sitting in a normal-sized chair was hilarious, and man alive was it incredible to see classic Memphis footage and hear Lance Russell's voice on Raw.

This wasn't the best Raw ever or anything, but it was a fantastic show in most regards. The pull apart with Umaga and Lashley was also the best one done since the first Cena-Umaga one, and it had more good heat than anything else Lashley's done recently. Orton being framed came out of nowhere to me, and I loved it. It reminded me that they aren't friends - they're allies when they need to get rid of a common foe, but won't hesitate to get mad at each other if it's warranted. Just the stuff they shot tonight makes me hope that Orton goes into the money in the bank and teases some stuff with Edge during it. Once again I'm left wishing that 'Mania was happening NOW and wasn't one month away - which is a sign that WWE is doing things right this year.

Was it just me or did Lashley somehow look even more ripped and larger than usual tonight? As for Steamboat going in, his wife owns his name due to a divorce settlement, so unless WWE wants to induct "Richard Blood" into the Hall of Fame, or strikes up a deal with her, he isn't going in. At least that was the word a month or so ago in the Observer when the Hogan listing got out.

[quote name='Brak']At least this pumpkin pie haircutted freak shares my opinions on McMahon Land:

1172467379267xy7.jpg
[/quote]

I had no idea Moe Howard was alive again.

In a recent interview aired on Wednesday 21st of February on my local radio station Beat Fm Bret Hart stated his anger and upset at WWE’s failure to induct his late brother Owen into this years HOF. He said that their over looking of Owen was disrespectful to the Hart family to Owens fans and Owens wife.

The heck? I thought Martha didn't want anything to do with WWE, so why would Bret think WWE's failure to induct Owen into the HOF would be insulting to her?

On a personal note, I do think WWE should induct him, Owen's life and tragic death made too much of an impact on wrestling to go unheralded.

I don't know if I buy that "news" about Bret saying that, but whatever.

Good show last night. I don't think I would have predicted seeing Marty Jannetty and Andy Kaufman on the show before it started. The Lashley/Umaga fight was a pale imitation of the Cena/Umaga fight, or the Joe/Angle pull-apart, even. Putting
Austin
in there is a double-edged sword...he will keep the crowd from not giving a shit, but with his involvement, Lashley gets pushed down to least important person in the match behind the two cornermen, the heel, and the ref.

Poor Kane. That guy gets stuck with more bad stuff to work with than anybody, whether it's angles or opponents. It would be pretty funny and strangely awesome for them to redo Hogan's slam of Andre with Kane slamming Khali though. The times are a'changin'.

Isn't Savage blacklisted because he fucked an underage Stephanie in the ass. Or is that just an urban legend I have heard.

[quote name='vrs1650']Isn't Savage blacklisted because he fucked an underage Stephanie in the ass. Or is that just an urban legend I have heard.[/QUOTE]
Urban legend that has never been disproven. I tend to doubt it, but...who knows. Gorgeous George said in an interview that Savage wanted her (underage) sister to move in with them and have a three-way, so it's not necessarily unprecedented for the Maaaaaachoo-Maaayyyynnnn to be trollin' for young tail.

this sucks...guess the vince rumors were true

Test released

Written: February 27, 2007

As first reported by WWE Mobile Alerts, WWE has come to terms on the release of ECW Superstar Test (Andrew Martin). We wish Test all the best in all future endeavors.

Test

Ha, that just shows you the foresight Vince & Creative have with ECW. Here's the jerk-off you pick to work the ECW main event for the entire month of January, released before March. Awesome.

How can you say Test in on Roids. What proof. What happened to innocent untill proven guilty.
Who am I kiddding, I am suprised he lasted as long as he did.

man i actually thought test was doing a lot better..

he was great in the invasion angle (mvp) and then i think got sidelined with injury... then he actually came back to wwe and was doing quite well...

[quote name='KaneRobot']Urban legend that has never been disproven. I tend to doubt it, but...who knows. Gorgeous George said in an interview that Savage wanted her (underage) sister to move in with them and have a three-way, so it's not necessarily unprecedented for the Maaaaaachoo-Maaayyyynnnn to be trollin' for young tail.[/QUOTE]

I heard that it was because he left to WCW with no notice.

Kind of understandable considering how much Vince values loyalty and how Vince put him up on a pedestal.

[quote name='Sporadic']I heard that it was because he left to WCW with no notice.

Kind of understandable considering how much Vince values loyalty and how Vince put him up on a pedestal.[/quote]

Not to mention the whole Savage/Hogan feud. Course, now that Hogan is temporarily on the outs with Vince, perhaps it is time to bring Savage back into the fold.

Test comments:

"Just want to thank you fans for the last year...I love to hear you boo me. I always said I would get out of wrestling when it wasn't fun anymore....and that's what I did. Don't get me wrong I still love wrestling, I always will but right now the WWE is not for me but no sour grapes I had some fun up until a month ago when the politics kicked in like they always do and at first ECW was so much fun, I can only imagine it when it was the real ecw but when Paul Heyman left ECW left with him..what was left of it. Sorry if I let any of you fans down but I needed to leave there for me...so to all the fans thanks again."

I love his statement.. "I always said I would get out of wrestling when it wasn't fun anymore.. but don't get me wrong, I still love wrestling"

How can you love something if it isn't fun?

I know he's not the brightest crayon in the box, but he should've elaborated.. "I said I would get out of wrestling when WWECW wasn't fun anymore, but I still love the sport"

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Not to mention the whole Savage/Hogan feud. Course, now that Hogan is temporarily on the outs with Vince, perhaps it is time to bring Savage back into the fold.[/quote]

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfosfT8Ojbg[/MEDIA]

[quote name='Scorch']I know he's not the brightest crayon in the box, but he should've elaborated.. "I said I would get out of wrestling when WWECW wasn't fun anymore, but I still love the sport"[/QUOTE]

Good point Scorch. But sadly I think the roids killed what little intelligence he once had in his brain. So we should be thankful we even got THAT much out of him.

I think Corey fucking Dillon is a good comparison to Test - he gave up on the Cincinnati Bengals in the beginning of this decade. He hated the team and he hated playing for them. So Corey fucking Dillon (all three words are necessary, as I'm a Bengals fan) left when his contract was up (and won a fucking Super Bowl the next fucking year with the fucking Patriots).

Did he hate football? Not enough to leave. Did he hate working for the Bengals? I think it's safe to say he sure did. It's not an entirely perfect comparison, but one that makes sense of what Test said, and even the wording he used. Of course, I take issue with the idea that Test had any leverage or negotiation power in his release - I feel that's completely untrue. I also think that it's really funny that someone whose very existence in this business is the direct result of a promoter's desire to push who they *want* to see pushed, and not who the fans want to see pushed, is the same person who wants to leave when "politics" get in the way.

RVD laid down to Kevin Thorn tonight. Pretty uneventful by itself, but when you consider his partner was "may as well just call me Barry Horowitz" Tommy Dreamer, the writing is on the wall. Anybody who had any doubt he'd leave for TNA, cast away those fears now. There's something suspicious about a man who does the job when his partner is Tommy Dreamer.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Not to mention the whole Savage/Hogan feud. Course, now that Hogan is temporarily on the outs with Vince, perhaps it is time to bring Savage back into the fold.[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not, Hogan actually picked Savage as one of the 10 he would like to see in this year.

[quote name='KaneRobot']so it's not necessarily unprecedented for the Maaaaaachoo-Maaayyyynnnn to be trollin' for young tail.[/quote]

Someone should parody this with the whole "To Catch A Predator" thing on DateLine.

[quote name='Sporadic']Believe it or not, Hogan actually picked Savage as one of the 10 he would like to see in this year.[/quote]

Which only furthers my belief that Savage may have indeed done something with Stephanie.

Think about it, Greatest Wrestling Stars of the 80s DVD, where's Savage? The guy only formed the biggest tag team of the 80s with Hulk Hogan, leading up to arguably the best Wrestlemania Main Event ever when The MegaPowers Exploded! Plus he won the World Title at WMIV and WMVIII, how is this guy not in the Hall of Fame? Let alone being left off the Greatest Stars of the 80s DVD. Let's not forget that WWE.com takes cheap shots at Savage from time to time too. There's something VERY strange about Savage's black-listing from the WWE, I'd love to know what the real deal is.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']The Savage urban legend has never been confirmed by any reputable source[/QUOTE]

Indeed, and I don't think the timelines for it necessarily line up either. However, I've also never heard anyone deny it, even a third party. It's strange that it hasn't been brought up to SOMEONE who was there...Shawn, Razor, anyone.

Oh, and I doubt Vince was that pissed at Savage jumping to WCW with "no notice," since he gave him a nice on-air sendoff (that seems downright strange by today's standards) on the first Raw after Savage was done with the company.

As for Test - well, wherever he winds up, at least he can rest easy knowing his name will be better. No matter what it is.

[quote name='mykevermin']Who are you kidding? He's gonna hit the indies running, referring to himself as "pop quiz."[/quote]

Where's a drum roll smiley when you need it? :lol:

[quote name='mykevermin']Who are you kidding? He's gonna hit the indies running, referring to himself as "pop quiz."[/QUOTE]
It'll probably be some stupid late 90's WCWesque "Ha ha, remember when used to be someone else? Well now he's better" name like "The Graduate" Andrew Martin. Bra-VO.

Here's something I dug up from the peak of the GX era (long story). Once in a while WWF guys would come into the Fed's AOL chatroom. You could always tell when it was legit because the guy would have the "WWF" prefix in his name - people couldn't make screenames that started with those letters unless they were WWF employees. I'd be in there all the time with a few regulars who I'm still friends with to this day - while all the "OMG IT'S A WRESTLER" people would be fawning over them, we'd keep the normal conversation going, usually with off-track comments like "They call Tazz 'Donkey Kong' backstage. He enjoys swinging from Ric Flair's nose hair." or something that was mostly there to confound the "PRESS 666 TO TRADE SABEL PIX" or "NE1 WANT TO JOIN A FED IM ME" visitors. D-Lo, Test, Val Venis, Godfather, the Hardys, Blue Meanie (who actually HIT ON MY GIRLFRIEND VIA INSTANT MESSAGE one time) and a few others would show up once in a while. Val had an especially amusing AOL homepage he obviously designed himself, with hard-to-read colors and horrible spelling errors. "I WANT TO LIV E IN ARRUBA IT IS THE MOST BEAUTFUL PLACE IN THE WORLD" "THE AMEIRCAN INCOME TAX SYSTEM IS FOOOLISH," etc.

So yeah, Test hasn't changed much. Although I think he found the caps lock button. I don't know who Fuzz is or what he said, but it must have been something.

From 8/29/2000 (edited to just include his comments)

WWFTest: RIKISHI IS A GOOD GUY ID BE HAPPY TO TAKE THE STINKFACE AGAIN

WWFTest: MEK NOT A COOLCOMMENT

WWFTest: TRISH AND I ARENT FRIENDS

WWFTest: I'D RATHER LOOK AT ALBERT HE IS SLIMMER

WWFTest: M FUZZ BLOW ME

WWFTest: WHAT DO YO DO FOR A LIVING FUZZ

WWFTest: MIDEON RULES

WWFTest: FUZZ TAKES IT IN THE ASS

WWFTest: FUZZ YOUR MOTHER BLOWS BUT NOT AS MUCH AS YOUR DAD

WWFTest: IT'S TEST BED TIME IT'S BEEN NICE TALKING TO YOU GUYS YOU ALL ARE COOL EXCEPT FUZZ

Perhaps he can get a job as a writer for EGM, he seems to speak their language.

[quote name='mykevermin']Who are you kidding? He's gonna hit the indies running, referring to himself as "pop quiz."[/QUOTE]
It'll probably be some stupid late 90's WCWesque "Ha ha, remember when used to be someone else? Well now he's better" name like "The Graduate" Andrew Martin. Bra-VO.

Here's something I dug up from the peak of the GX era (long story). Once in a while WWF guys would come into the Fed's AOL chatroom. You could always tell when it was legit because the guy would have the "WWF" prefix in his name - people couldn't make screenames that started with those letters unless they were WWF employees. I'd be in there all the time with a few regulars who I'm still friends with to this day - while all the "OMG IT'S A WRESTLER" people would be fawning over them, we'd keep the normal conversation going, usually with off-track comments like "They call Tazz 'Donkey Kong' backstage. He enjoys swinging from Ric Flair's nose hair." or something that was mostly there to confound the "PRESS 666 TO TRADE SABEL PIX" or "NE1 WANT TO JOIN A FED IM ME" visitors. D-Lo, Test, Val Venis, Godfather, the Hardys, Headbanger Thrasher (who I have a BEVY of legendary poorly-spelled quotes from) Blue Meanie (who actually HIT ON MY GIRLFRIEND VIA INSTANT MESSAGE one time) and a few others would show up once in a while. Val had an especially amusing AOL homepage he obviously designed himself, with hard-to-read colors and horrible spelling errors. "I WANT TO LIV E IN ARRUBA IT IS THE MOST BEAUTFUL PLACE IN THE WORLD" "THE AMEIRCAN INCOME TAX SYSTEM IS FOOOLISH," etc.

So yeah, Test hasn't changed much, although I think he found the caps lock button at some point. I don't know who Fuzz is or what he said, but it must have been something.

WWFTest: IT'S TEST BED TIME IT'S BEEN NICE TALKING TO YOU GUYS YOU ALL ARE COOL EXCEPT FUZZ

Here's something I dug up from the peak of the GX era (long story). Once in a while WWF guys would come into the Fed's AOL chatroom. You could always tell when it was legit because the guy would have the "WWF" prefix in his name - people couldn't make screenames that started with those letters unless they were WWF employees. I'd be in there all the time with a few regulars who I'm still friends with to this day - while all the "OMG IT'S A WRESTLER" people would be fawning over them, we'd keep the normal conversation going, usually with off-track comments like "They call Tazz 'Donkey Kong' backstage. He enjoys swinging from Ric Flair's nose hair." or something that was mostly there to confound the "PRESS 666 TO TRADE SABEL PIX" or "NE1 WANT TO JOIN A FED IM ME" visitors. D-Lo, Test, Val Venis, Godfather, the Hardys, Headbanger Thrasher (who I have a CAVALCADE of legendary poorly-spelled quotes from) Blue Meanie (who actually HIT ON MY GIRLFRIEND VIA INSTANT MESSAGE one time) and a few others would show up once in a while. Val had an especially amusing AOL homepage he obviously designed himself, with hard-to-read colors and horrible spelling errors. "I WANT TO LIV E IN ARRUBA IT IS THE MOST BEAUTFUL PLACE IN THE WORLD" "THE AMEIRCAN INCOME TAX SYSTEM IS FOOOLISH," etc.

So yeah, Test hasn't changed much, although I think he found the caps lock button at some point. I don't know who Fuzz is or what he said, but it must have been good.

Test on the indies will probably be just like he was before - Andrew "Test" Martin. He trademarked his name like that, and has been able to use that moniker outside of WWE for both wrestling and acting projects like Kim Possible. I hope that if he does sign with TNA (and they'll probably go after him since he was just a WWE main eventer, albeit on the C show), we get another big high five from DW and Tenay.

Two more money in the bank matches announced for SD:

Matt Hardy vs Joey Mercury ... gee if Nitro didn't make it, I bet Mercury will! Right.

MVP vs Benoit

And your winners are:

Matt Hardy, of course

and

Finlay? WTF.

This morning I decided to watch a small part of Heroes of World Class (the "Live by the Drop" video montage) and instead of just doing that, I ended up watching everything until the end of it just because it was so compelling. I really doubt that WWE's going to be able to top it, or even equal it, but I hope that they do.

I'm getting further into the extras now, and during the Torch audio rundown of World Class and the documentary, it's revealed that Kevin Von Erich collapsed from a drug overdose in the ring and had to be revived by Tommy Rogers of the Fantastics, who was then chewed out by Fritz for making Kevin look weak even though he saved his son's life. Wow. This set just gets more fascinating as it goes on. There's also an interesting story about Buzz Saywer swindling Undertaker out of $3,000 in a wrestling school scam, and discussion about Matt Borne's drug and statutory rape issues over the years.

Some awesome TNA DVD news -
Several new TNA Home Video DVD releases are being planned for 2007! In addition to “The Best Of The Tag Teams” (Coming March 13), “Phenomenal: The Best Of AJ Styles, Volume 2” (coming April 3) and our monthly Pay-Per-View spectaculars, the following releases are being planned for the year:

“Click, Doomsday: The Best Of Abyss”
“Instant Classic: The Best Of Christian Cage”
“Best Of The Bloodiest Brawls, Volume 2”
“Kevin Nash And Alex Shelley Present: The Best Of Paparazzi Productions”

Nash+Shelley on DVD= AWESOME

I was just wondering how long it would be before TNA did a Paparazzi DVD. I know for sure I will buy that one just for the skits alone. :D

"Play the race card.... I'm really black." -Kevin Nash :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back