Bad News Brown and Mike Awesome's Memorial Wrestling Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
WSX has been officially cancelled.

An insider at MTV had recently leaked word that the decision has been made to cancel the Wrestling Society X series. Apparently, MTV made the call earlier today. The phrase being used at MTV today was that the series was to be finished "effective immediately". At this point it is unknown whether the remaining episods will ever be seen on TV. There are still six unaired episodes from the original filming.

Big Vision Entertainment, which produced the show, will retain rights to WSX and can market it to other networks or direct to DVD if they choose to do so.

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']Now What Am I supposed to watch on Tuesdays?

Now we can get Human Tornado in TNA!!![/QUOTE]
NOOOOOOOOOO!

Tornado belongs in PWG. TNA can't have him. :(

Rumor also has it that WWE is set to bring Chuck f'ing Palumbo back as a heel on either the SD or ECW brand. Seriously?

[quote name='JJSP']Rumor also has it that WWE is set to bring Chuck f'ing Palumbo back as a heel on either the SD or ECW brand. Seriously?[/QUOTE]

Maybe now WWE can bring back Billy Gunn so we can have a Billy & Chuck reunion.

Then again.... :puke:

Maybe not.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Or Jack Evans. At least we'll get some WSX DVDs out of this, and they'll probably have unedited matches unlike the TV show.[/QUOTE]
And since it's Big Vision, they'll probably be like $10 at Best Buy.

Evans in TNA already happened too, I believe.

Yeah, that's why I specifically mentioned him after DM said it wasn't like we'd already seen Vampiro in TNA. I think a whole set of WSX would cost about $20 from Big Vision, which wouldn't be a bad deal, and they're really good at stacking their sets with extras as well.

[quote name='Scorch']WSX has been officially cancelled.[/QUOTE]
I was wondering why the upcoming episodes disappeared from my Media Center list.

NO fuckING DAMNIT!!! I really liked Wrestling Society X... Sure it wasn't the best wrestling, but they got some great stuff through. I actually started to connect with some of the guys I've never seen before... Oh well. Hopefully we see TNA and WWE pick up the scraps. Human Tornado in TNA! w00t! Also, hopefully Ruckus will get some national exposure now.

[quote name='PhrostByte']NO fuckING DAMNIT!!! I really liked Wrestling Society X... Sure it wasn't the best wrestling, but they got some great stuff through. I actually started to connect with some of the guys I've never seen before... Oh well. Hopefully we see TNA and WWE pick up the scraps. Human Tornado in TNA! w00t! Also, hopefully Ruckus will get some national exposure now.[/QUOTE]
Well, Joey Ryan and Colt Cabana have already worked dark matches and Heat matches for WWE. Wouldn't be a huge stretch to see them in DSW or OVW, Cabana more so than Ryan. Evans had been working primarily in Japan and living in Seattle, so him in TNA full-time could be rough. I could see TNA bringing in Sydal, though he'd get lost in the shuffle in what's become of the X Division.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Not that we haven't seen Vampiro in TNA already. :D[/QUOTE]
It was one, short stint.

I'd love to see him feud with Sting again.

I won't miss WSX the promotion, but I will miss some of the characters. The 70's tag team, Human Tornado, most of all Matt Classic. They'll be "around" but certainly not on TV every week.

I'm sure we'll see Matt Classic once in a while when Cabana is booked, just like Daniels randomly appears as Curry Man.

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']:rofl: @ the XFL Hype/commentary.[/QUOTE]

I'm watching on my work computer (no sound), but the XFL.com logo made me spittake.

My reaction to Samoa Joe? "awwwww, wookit the wittwe bay-bee!" He's just so young and slim different looking there.

Makes me wanna fire up my King of Colosseum II game so I can play a match as him.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLpxSiRMIIw[/media]
'slong as we're going old school, here's Steve Williams versus the Punisher. :rofl:

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm watching on my work computer (no sound), but the XFL.com logo made me spittake.

My reaction to Samoa Joe? "awwwww, wookit the wittwe bay-bee!" He's just so young and slim different looking there.

Makes me wanna fire up my King of Colosseum II game so I can play a match as him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLpxSiRMIIw
'slong as we're going old school, here's Steve Williams versus the Punisher. :rofl:[/quote]

Freaky.

I was just looking at that yesterday.

[quote name='Sporadic']Reminds me of this awesome match between John Cena and Bryan Danielson from Velocity.

http://www.vidiLife.com/video_play_906644_John_Cena_VS_American_Dragon_Bryan_Danielson.htm

I wish WWE would sign him. He would be the perfect protege for Regal/Taylor.[/QUOTE]

Regal trained Danielson, they had a match in some indy promotion a couple years ago. The only problem with Danielson is he doesn't fit the WWE, he's a small guy.

[quote name='Midnite']Regal trained Danielson, they had a match in some indy promotion a couple years ago. The only problem with Danielson is he doesn't fit the WWE, he's a small guy.[/QUOTE]

I thought HBK trained him at his wrestling academy?

yea i have the samoa joe tommy dreamer match somewhere...

joe looks the same there too

i noticed that supposedly fye has a buy 1 get 1 free on tna dvd sale running... anyone checked it out?

also tonight!!!!

joetomko.gif

[quote name='Sporadic']I thought HBK trained him at his wrestling academy?[/QUOTE]

Your right, but I read in an interview Regal had something to do with Danielson, either trainer or mentor. It is best to have multiple sources of experience and there is nothing wrong with Michaels or Regal training Danielson.

[quote name='Midnite']Your right, but I read in an interview Regal had something to do with Danielson, either trainer or mentor. It is best to have multiple sources of experience and there is nothing wrong with Michaels or Regal training Danielson.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm not saying it's wrong if Regal trained him, I was just a little surprised to hear that since I only paired him up with Regal/Taylor since they lookalike and have a similar style.

Does anyone else think Samoa Joe's look hurts him (the Elvis look more than the weight). I have nothing against him, but every time I see him I think "Fat Wrestling Elvis."

[quote name='JJSP']Well, Joey Ryan and Colt Cabana have already worked dark matches and Heat matches for WWE. Wouldn't be a huge stretch to see them in DSW or OVW, Cabana more so than Ryan. Evans had been working primarily in Japan and living in Seattle, so him in TNA full-time could be rough. I could see TNA bringing in Sydal, though he'd get lost in the shuffle in what's become of the X Division.[/quote]
Yea but a lot of people work dark/squash matches WWE... Often, WWE builds up heels by bringing in a home town indy guy and squashing him. Sometimes they put really good shows on. Like Taka vs. Daniels on.. what was it? Shotgun Saturday night? Sydal was also in TNA. I don't like Sydal one bit, but on the X-Division volume 1 DVD he stands on someone's back and does a SSP... that was pretty fucking cool. Anyway, the main guys I want to see signed are Tornado, Evans (I thought he came back from Japan?) and Ruckus. Oh... and I've never really been a big fan of Cobana until he got the Matt Classic gimmick, if he can keep that... I hope he gets signed too :lol:

[quote name='Midnite']A match Samoa Joe doesn't want you to see and a match the WWE should show to kill some of Joe's thunder.[/quote]

short, but it seemed fairly even.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Does anyone else think Samoa Joe's look hurts him (the Elvis look more than the weight). I have nothing against him, but every time I see him I think "Fat Wrestling Elvis."[/quote]

I concur. Also, everything about him looks generic (especially the tights).

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Does anyone else think Samoa Joe's look hurts him (the Elvis look more than the weight). I have nothing against him, but every time I see him I think "Fat Wrestling Elvis."[/QUOTE]

Since Samoa Joe first started getting popular on TNA I mentioned this very same thing... I laugh everytime I see the guy because he just looks so damn ridiculous.

[quote name='Roufuss']fucking horrible... way to go MTV.[/QUOTE]

They would much rather air endless reruns of whatever teeney bopper reality show they run all day anyways. Oh well. Hopefully we'll get Human Tornado in TNA soon.

Personally I like Joe's look. The fact that he is not some muscle bound freak is a nice change of pace and there isn't really any evidence that his weight is holding him back. Hell his matches in the X-division were fucking amazing and required him to go for quite a long time, something that many people who have much more defined physiques could not do.

Not that anyone ever disagreed with me, but I'm just here to say I CALLED IT!!!!!

WWE has announced that its third annual ECW One Night Stand pay-per-view will be moved from the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City (the location of the previous two events) to the Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida.

Just a friendly reminder that YOU, the FANS, get to have no say over what ECW becomes. Remember this: no matter what, ECW will always suck, and the more you complain about it, the more it will become sportz entertainment just to spite you.

[quote name='mykevermin']Not that anyone ever disagreed with me, but I'm just here to say I CALLED IT!!!!!

Just a friendly reminder that YOU, the FANS, get to have no say over what ECW becomes. Remember this: no matter what, ECW will always suck, and the more you complain about it, the more it will become sportz entertainment just to spite you.[/quote]

I'm thinking Raven was right.

[quote name='mykevermin']Not that anyone ever disagreed with me, but I'm just here to say I CALLED IT!!!!!

Just a friendly reminder that YOU, the FANS, get to have no say over what ECW becomes. Remember this: no matter what, ECW will always suck, and the more you complain about it, the more it will become sportz entertainment just to spite you.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I must go there now....

and shit on everything they present :booty:

I wish I could nail the Macho Mayun as good as Lethal. All can do is say a couple of lines, but I can nail the "OHHH, YEEEE-AH!!!!"

It'd probably take more practice.

Why does Bob Backlund crack me up?:rofl:

Just a friendly reminder that YOU, the FANS, get to have no say over what ECW becomes. Remember this: no matter what, ECW will always suck, and the more you complain about it, the more it will become sportz entertainment just to spite you.[/quote]

Exactly why everyone should stop watching it. I did. It's been 3 months now and I don't miss it one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back