Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']any new news on the XBLA banjo games? I actually care more about those than this retail release.[/quote]

Same here.

[quote name='NateNinja']DK.....Donkey Kong, he's the leader of the pack, you know him well..........

I love that song and can still repeat it if asked on the spot![/QUOTE]

DK! DONKEY KONG! DK! DONKEY KONG IS HERE!

When I was younger, I thought it was great. Now though... not so much :puke:. Still love the game though (Absolutely love exploration based platformers, like pretty much the N64 lineup and Jak 1 (2/3 were good, but diff. play style, so not so much). Collection got out of hand, but I still had a blast.

Can't wait for new BK, and even better BK/BT(possible) on XBLA!

Thoroughly enjoyed and played through the B-K games, but I never got through DK64. Having to collect and also beat the two arcade games proved to an annoyance for me, so I just stopped.

Here's the details:

Ready your spring-loaded propeller boat and fasten your seatbelt, “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts” is hitting U.S. store shelves on November 14, and pre-orders begin today. For the retail price of $39.99, those who pre-order at participating retailers will get in on all the Banjo fun right off the starting line, and as a special bonus, will also receive a free download code for the original “Banjo-Kazooie,” launching on Xbox LIVE Arcade later this fall.
As Kazooie likes to say, “The early bird gets the worm.” Since the original “Banjo-Kazooie” will not debut on Xbox LIVE Arcade until a couple weeks after “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts” releases, pre-ordering the game gives you a two-week head start on the Arcade title and the opportunity to take advantage of “Stop N’ Swop” before anyone else. “Stop N’ Swop” rewards players’ accomplishments in the new game with extra content and features in the Xbox LIVE Arcade game, giving fans who pre-order “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts” the chance to experience more Banjo action than ever.
No participating retailers announced yet...here's hoping we get an official announcement soon.

Finally, a preorder worth considering. Hopefully I'm not asking for too much if a retailer also includes the Banjo Tooie code as well...that would be stellar.

Holy shit, that's great! I will definitely place a preorder early if Amazon is a participating retailer, so I will definitely get the code on time(unlike Fable Pub games). Can't wait to just preorder it and get BK now!

[quote name='Foo228']Finally, a preorder worth considering. Hopefully I'm not asking for too much if a retailer also includes the Banjo Tooie code as well...that would be stellar.[/QUOTE]

One Xbla game with both N64 games in it would be great! I have mine ordered through Newegg's preorder deal a few weeks back. I may have to cancel it if they are not participating. I actually enjoyed B-K more than Mario 64.

I put in my preorder on Amazon, since I figure they will be participating as always. If not, it's always real simple to cancel. I can't wait to play the original once again. It was one of the first video games I ever played.

Unfortunately, since they are offering this up for free with a preorder, its going to be abused just like the Pub Games codes. I have a feeling the XBLA title won't make much at all, sadly.

Never played Banjo 1. Not really interested in Banjo 3 either. However...I am right now researching this game.

Wow 40 bucks and a free xbla game for preordering...I wasn't really interested but I'm willing to support lower priced releases from Rare with great preorder bonuses.

I am also in on Day one for Viva. Kudos to Ms and Rare for pricing both of these @ 40.

More details:
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts ... Pre-Order Today!

Today, we announced the beginning of pre-orders for Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. Stick your chicken (sorry, "breegull" for the nerds :whistle2:D) in your backpack and ready up for some machine building mania coming to North America on November 14. For those interested in the original Banjo Kazooie that has been announced for Xbox LIVE Arcade, we have some news for you, too. If you pre-order BK: Nuts & Bolts, you will receive a code to download the original for free! By completing certain challenges, you will be able to unlock extra content in the Arcade version. So, you can get a head start on this as the Arcade version launches a couple of weeks after the retail game ships.
Lastly, if you're a fan of the Olympics, you will probably like the newly revealed Jiggoseum where you compete in sports events using the contraptions you create.
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts can be yours for $39.99

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2008/08/19/560588.aspx

[quote name='KingBroly']Never played Banjo 1. Not really interested in Banjo 3 either. However...I am right now researching this game.[/QUOTE]

Same, however I've heard lots of good things about the N64 version. I'll most certainly be pre-ordering this, something I haven't done in A LONG time!

The N64 version rocked! I still have it (and have played it) on the N64 recently! Not quite as good as it was to me when I first played it, but if it comes with the pre-order, then I will definitely be preordering this game!! :) Can't beat 40$ with a free live game!!

I'll probably try the demo first but considering Shipwreck and Cheapy's opinions from E3 I'll probably get this game near the release. As for the free XBLA game, that is awesome. You got to figure that game is going to be $10 or $15 so basically BK:NB is $30-25. Not too bad.

Very cool....I assume this will be abused like the FABLE code where people pre-order, then cancel pre-order after they get the code....

[quote name='doubledown']Very cool....I assume this will be abused like the FABLE code where people pre-order, then cancel pre-order after they get the code....[/quote]

I believe the code is given out the same day banjo 3 ships, so perhaps amazon will give us the code after they ship the game out? It wouldn't be as easy to grab a code as pub games or something like that.

[quote name='doubledown']Very cool....I assume this will be abused like the FABLE code where people pre-order, then cancel pre-order after they get the code....[/quote]

I sure hope so.

Wow, thats a lot of gaming for the money. I never played the original banjo on N64 and didnt' care all that much about either of these, but all that for $40, I find myself wanting to support that price point more than anything and will probably pre-order now.

I don't know if that is possible this time. This is straight from the game's page on Amazon.

"Order your copy of Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts and receive a code to download the original Banjo-Kazooie game from Xbox Live. Codes will be emailed within 5 business days after the game releases. Offer good while supplies last. Limit one code per household. Promotion valid only when sold and shipped by Amazon.com."

That's an awesome bonus. I am seriously considering getting a 360 just to play Nuts & Bolts because the first one was so awesome on N64. (Second one was pretty good also, but first one was better. I still have it and play it.) On a side note, I hope Nintendo and Sony take note of this and it becomes a "standard" practice for all 3 systems. (We've been saying forever in the Wii forums that Nintendo really missed the boat in using the Virtual Console as a source of crossovers and pre-order bonuses for re-releases/extensions of their franchises.)

With as many Wii's Nintendo is selling and how many million+ selling games they've had, I don't think anyone could say they missed the boat on anything with a straight face. It would be a great bonus to hardcore fans, but that's it. They don't need to toss in bonuses when they can't keep stock on hardware or software on the shelves.

I want to wait for the demo to be safe but I think I'll order anyways.

Damn Rare and their plot to get everyone buying this.

[quote name='Corvin']With as many Wii's Nintendo is selling and how many million+ selling games they've had, I don't think anyone could say they missed the boat on anything with a straight face. It would be a great bonus to hardcore fans, but that's it. They don't need to toss in bonuses when they can't keep stock on hardware or software on the shelves.[/quote]

Not to derail the topic too much, but I agree with your point now. In hindsight it wasn't needed, but at the time no one knew for sure so it seemed like something that would have been a great incentive. In any event, I still hope other publishers do this for pre-order bonuses in the future.

bread's done
Back