BATMAN Arkham Asylum 2 - TBA price-TBA CE/LE TBA have a video Ships 1/3/2011

[quote name='guyver2077']where is this? cant find it[/QUOTE]

play the game and then go in to the HOME and then go in to the spaces

Last edited:
Chruning is not the best word here. Its been a long time since Eidos has had a top tier title. I hope for their sake they hold onto it.

Lets hope it wasnt a fluke with Rocksteady either for that matter.

Finished the game on hard. It gets a little tough at the end with the waves of enemies + titans but it's manageable. Overall, I was impressed with the game. I'd rate it slightly lower than inFamous so I can definitely see why people mention it as one of this year's best so far.

One thing I am seriously kicking myself for...
Re: the one trophy that says to KO all the badguys at the party. I stupidly ran forward without attacking them and wasn't able to restart before entering. After finishing the game there is no way that I found to get back in the Visitor's center so it looks like the only way I can get this trophy is to start over.

UGGGHH - I really wanted to try to plat this but I'm not starting a new save!

[quote name='elessar123']

Don't know if you figured it out yet, but
just climb over the wall with the guys. If you have time, it's so much easier to stun the baton guys right before you jump the fence so they don't survive the electricity and you don't have to deal with them.
[/QUOTE]

Oh wow.. so that's how you're supposed to do it. I never saw the
"climb" command show up when I got near the fence.
I couldn't wait for an answer so I just found a way around...

The way I did it, I just pummeled the guys between the shocks and then kept leaping around during the electricity. I kept that up until I killed all of them all. I had almost no health when I finished.:lol: [/spoiler]

Oh well, thanks though.

I am stuck! :(

I am at the part where Joker throws the guard in the water and then the guard is electrocuted. Then when I go to the generator room I can't find a way to get it off.

Anyone know how? I have been trying this for the past hour but failed to figure anything out. :/

[quote name='Tech Star']I am stuck! :(

I am at the part where Joker throws the guard in the water and then the guard is electrocuted. Then when I go to the generator room I can't find a way to get it off.

Anyone know how? I have been trying this for the past hour but failed to figure anything out. :/[/QUOTE]

You have to use one of the vents to get to get to another part of the map and on the left there should be stairs to the controle room. SPOILER]

[quote name='Tech Star']I am stuck! :(

Anyone know how? I have been trying this for the past hour but failed to figure anything out. :/[/QUOTE]

Just use the gadget that shuts down the security doors on the one in the generator room, it takes more than one go to shut it down

[quote name='dejeckt']Anyone know if Rocksteady is at least interested in churning out another Batman or if Eidos still holds Batman license?[/QUOTE]
I have a feeling that if this does well (which it should based on hype / good reviews) we'll be seeing another Batman from these guys. Ironically, there's a potential setup at the point when Gordon is getting on the boat and Batman says something like "Riddler has planted bombs throughout the city, but I have to tend to this crisis for now." I read that as "next BM game could be going after Riddler through Gotham"; then again, I could be totally off-base.

[quote name='Dante Devil']Hey, anyone doing well on the combat challenges. I suck at it. What strategies work the best to get the longest combos?[/QUOTE]
I've found that the punch & dodge tactic works pretty well. You can keep alternating back and forth and it won't break your combo. Then, once you build it up use the grab on a knife guy. I only have 8 medals so far on freethrow though.

Predator mode seems a lot easier. However, the one challenge that requires you to blow up 3 separate walls hitting 3 different guys AT THE SAME TIME seems almost impossible.

The challenge trophies are the only ones I have left to do, so I am really pissed that I missed Party Pooper. I guess if I end up getting all the challenge medals (which will be pretty hard) I will be forced to run through the game again on easy. :bomb:

Woot~ got 8th place on the last Batman Challenge; 1:05 something (its a total waste of time though ^^)

Those combat challenges are tough; getting that Freeflow Perfection trophy was even harder

[quote name='Darknyss']I've found that the punch & dodge tactic works pretty well. You can keep alternating back and forth and it won't break your combo. Then, once you build it up use the grab on a knife guy. I only have 8 medals so far on freethrow though.

Predator mode seems a lot easier. However, the one challenge that requires you to blow up 3 separate walls hitting 3 different guys AT THE SAME TIME seems almost impossible.

The challenge trophies are the only ones I have left to do, so I am really pissed that I missed Party Pooper. I guess if I end up getting all the challenge medals (which will be pretty hard) I will be forced to run through the game again on easy. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I just beat the game.. I was coming to that part and couldnt resist the opportunity.. sure enough! Glad i didnt miss it.

Now to move on to the challenges..

I am at 200/240 for items however and only 80%. Anyone know if you get anything special in the game for 100%? Beyond a trophy that I am guessing you would get.

i wish i was better at the fighting system lol. I always misjudge when to keep attacking or let off cuz a guy is coming and i'll need to counter. That and I always hesitate on what move I should do next. There's a trophy for using all of Batman's moves in one freeflow I think, so that trips me up. The party pooper trophy took me like 5 or 6 tries to beat because of that lol

[quote name='LiteOnMe']Anyone know how you get 100% complete in the sp?[/QUOTE]

By getting everything.

Riddles, joker teeth.. everything. I think you have to complete the challenge rooms as well.

I went back and had to do 100% of items last night after made the post above... it took me maybe 1:20 or so.

I am now showing at 84% complete... so my guess is you have to complete the challenges as well. I did get arkham #24 as well. So thats not it.

Nah, you'll be fine without it. You find maps that show the location of the Riddler trophies anyway, and the game never leaves you wondering where to go next.

[quote name='Darknyss']Predator mode seems a lot easier. However, the one challenge that requires you to blow up 3 separate walls hitting 3 different guys AT THE SAME TIME seems almost impossible.[/QUOTE]

I used the wall/ceiling on either side of the elevator and one of the destrucible floor squares of the walkway on the opposite side of the room. Then it's just a matter of timing it so that the patrolling guy by the elevator is underneath the ceiling when your sonic batarang lures the third guy beneath the now-wired floor.

The one I ended up having to get a little lucky on was
pulling three guys over a railing at the same time with the Batclaw.

For the people that have beaten the game, just wondering how far I am to the end
Talked to Poison Ivy and she mentioned a plant that can counter the effects of the Titan drug that is located in Killer Croc's lair

I am loving this game, well worth the $60 I spent. Could even possibly be my goty. Also, I am playing on normal and the difficulty does not seem bad at all. Will hard mode actually be hard?

finished the game yesterday and set out today to find all the riddler trophies and riddles. Working on the challenges and gathering up some trophies in between. So far my toughest one was i think the freeflow perfection one, or whichever one required you to combine all of his moves into one freeflow combo.

Workin on the x40 trophy now...which challenge is the best to work on that? Possible to do on the first challenge? i only ask cuz when weapons start coming into play, there's always some guy off screen that throws a box at me when i'm in the middle of my combo lol

I think the best one, IMO, to do 40 combo trophy is on Sewer Bat (Extreme) round 2. For the most part I hit once, counter, and dodge. Whenever I needed room I just jumped around to the other side (jumping/dodging doesn't break combo). Good Luck

[quote name='imascrub']Workin on the x40 trophy now...which challenge is the best to work on that? Possible to do on the first challenge? i only ask cuz when weapons start coming into play, there's always some guy off screen that throws a box at me when i'm in the middle of my combo lol[/QUOTE]

I did it on the last round of the first combat challenge with the Joker. He seemed to be a little weaker, so it made things easier. Just don't do anything besides strike, counter and dodge-jump.

I ended up getting freethrow perfection and the 40 hit combo on round 1 of Sewer Bat extreme. There are enough enemies and no knife guys to worry about or dudes trying to unlock the guns. If you screw up your combo you can just restart the challenge.

So. I am playing my game. Locked up Harley, and headed to find the Joker. My game freezes and when I redo a checkpoint I am freefalling into nothing. I cant restart or anything. This is a major glitch! I just spent 8 hours getting here. Will I have to start from the begining again?

[quote name='jdangerc']So. I am playing my game. Locked up Harley, and headed to find the Joker. My game freezes and when I redo a checkpoint I am freefalling into nothing. I cant restart or anything. This is a major glitch! I just spent 8 hours getting here. Will I have to start from the begining again?[/QUOTE]

restart checkpoint

Got the 40 hit combo trophy when I first entered the library area with the 10 goons ransacking the place, looking for the important documents.

Took me ~7-8 tries, but the extra XP was definitely worth the frequent checkpoint restarts. And it was a most satisfying feeling indeed.

[quote name='kube00']Getting this tomorrow, how's the Joker stuff?[/QUOTE]

its great he looks crazy

New batman movie coming soon too
ps magen fox as cat women

Last edited:
[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I have a feeling that if this does well (which it should based on hype / good reviews) we'll be seeing another Batman from these guys. Ironically, there's a potential setup at the point when Gordon is getting on the boat and Batman says something like "Riddler has planted bombs throughout the city, but I have to tend to this crisis for now." I read that as "next BM game could be going after Riddler through Gotham"; then again, I could be totally off-base.[/QUOTE]

You haven't completed all the riddles (at least at the time you posted this). The Riddler situation is resolved.

I am horrible at the combat challenges, only things I need to finish are those, Freeflow Perfection, the no batterangs vs. the titans, and a hard playthrough.

[quote name='diddy310']I am horrible at the combat challenges, only things I need to finish are those, Freeflow Perfection, the no batterangs vs. the titans, and a hard playthrough.[/QUOTE]
Combat challenges are pissing me off! If I get a good first round (11k+), I'll inevitably screw up round 2 or 3 every time. Just missing Shock and Awe and Rumble in the Jungle to get the platinum!

can someone give me a brief walkthrough for the last chronicles of arkham tape ive found everything listed in riddlers list but i cant find the last one. i need help

[quote name='LiteOnMe']can someone give me a brief walkthrough for the last chronicles of arkham tape ive found everything listed in riddlers list but i cant find the last one. i need help[/QUOTE]

Go into the room where you left the Warden in the Penitentiary, right where you got the gadget to disable to electric barriers, you'll see the last chronicle written on the floor

BOOYA! Shiny new platinum to add to the collection :bouncy:

3880842967_7bd0164cac.jpg

Shock and Awe was so frustrating. I kept getting over 30k but running out of time on the last wave.

[quote name='D_Icon']How do I get the FREE BATMAN SPACE FOR THE HOME?[/QUOTE]

if u played the game then go in to the Home then go in to the Spaces

Thanks for the help i dunno how i missed that thing. now how do you get freeflow perfection trophy? need tips thanks

Man, got the platinum today. I had a ton of fun with this game and am looking forward to the free DLC coming out this week (and next?).

Just had to do the hard play through, which I did today. It was surprisingly easy save maybe the titan in the pump elevator fight.

Shock and Awe was by far the biggest pain in the whole game.

If anyone needs any help with any parts or tips still, post and I will answer best I can.

I give up on the Plat, mainly the Combat challenges are too hard for me, i can't do it. The videos made everything look so easy, but the timing is just too much, too precise and too repetitive...

Finally completed my last two Combat Challenges ("Shock & Awe" Extreme and "Rumble in the Jungle" extreme) and last Predator Challenge this evening.

Only two trophies left to get are "Freeflow Perfection" and "Biggest Bang." I'm looking forward to another playthrough after learning the combat system so much more due to all those Combat Challenge attempts.

[quote name='Serpentor']I give up on the Plat, mainly the Combat challenges are too hard for me, i can't do it. The videos made everything look so easy, but the timing is just too much, too precise and too repetitive...[/QUOTE]

Try to be patient and do some "image training" in your head after watching the Youtube videos. You'll begin to notice/understand attack patterns which will greatly increase your efficiency.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Only two trophies left to get are "Freeflow Perfection" and "Biggest Bang." I'm looking forward to another playthrough after learning the combat system so much more due to all those Combat Challenge attempts. [/QUOTE]

I was too... but on hard the counter indicator does not exist. So, even though you are much more brutal at combat, it can be hard to keep large chains going. ESPECIALLY in some rooms where it is dark/muddled or where there are so many people... yeah you can see the guy right there is not punching you, but the guy BEHIND him is and you couldn't really tell since he was so far behind a few other guys.

Definitely adds to the toughness in terms of chaining large combos and can be frustrating in areas where there are titans. Have to watch so many things, not having the indicator gets you punched a few extra times! :lol:

bread's done
Back