BATMAN Arkham Asylum 2 - TBA price-TBA CE/LE TBA have a video Ships 1/3/2011

[quote name='Saint Noir']I was too... but on hard the counter indicator does not exist. So, even though you are much more brutal at combat, it can be hard to keep large chains going. ESPECIALLY in some rooms where it is dark/muddled or where there are so many people... yeah you can see the guy right there is not punching you, but the guy BEHIND him is and you couldn't really tell since he was so far behind a few other guys.

Definitely adds to the toughness in terms of chaining large combos and can be frustrating in areas where there are titans. Have to watch so many things, not having the indicator gets you punched a few extra times! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Sweet! I can't wait to start hard mode now. :applause: I just thought enemies would punch harder.

Can't imagine playing this game on Hard from the get-go without the requisite practice and study of combat mechanics.

finally got myself the last combat medal for Rumble in the Jungle extreme, thus hitting 100% in the game. I think that took the longest for me to achieve next to Shock and Awe extreme...

Last thing to get the plat now is to beat the game on Hard Mode. I already died a few times even while trying to
save the Batmobile
near the beginning of the game cuz it's hard for me to see when an enemy is attacking :\ I could use detective mode to fight to see the enemy's movements more easily also, but when there are a lot of them around everything just gets blended together... this is gonna be one long playthrough

Got strategies for the first Combat Challenge? I can do the first 2 perfectly, but round 3 is kind of where it all goes wrong for me. I honestly think I should just stop trying for the Freeflow bonus and go for the Perfect Knight bonus.

[quote name='KingBroly']Got strategies for the first Combat Challenge? I can do the first 2 perfectly, but round 3 is kind of where it all goes wrong for me. I honestly think I should just stop trying for the Freeflow bonus and go for the Perfect Knight bonus.[/QUOTE]

I'll boot it up and check. I got through all challenges with 3 batarangs and never ONCE did I get the perfect knight bonus. I would not go that route. If you can get the "perfect combo" down, that is a 5,000 point bonus per round it is achieved. That is a good one to go for. The freeflow bonus is a good one, but here is a huge tip... and probably listed elsewhere in this thread...

END COMBOS WITH A GROUND TAKEDOWN. This multiplies your combo # times 100 points (as opposed to 10 - 25 points with most moves). So, if you have a 20 hit combo going (which is worth a lot on its own) and end with a ground takedown, that is a 21 hit combo times 100... an extra 2100 points. This adds up and is the best way to start to learn how to get points.

An easy way to achieve this is... after hammering on guys... you have one left... shoot out the grapple (double R2), they stumble towards you, JUMP over them (X), and then ground take down the last guy as he stumbles to the floor (R2 + Triangle, I think - the grapple gun causes enemies to fall if you do not punch them).

Easy way to insure your combo ends on a ground takedown!

Also, remember batarangs, jumps, and stuns all add to your variation bonus and none of those will break your combo. (make sure your moves are upgraded for these to work)

I've never actually done a Perfect Combo. I know what I need to do, but I kind of focus too much on keeping my Combo meter going (for the Freeflow bonus) which usually results in me getting hit. The most I've ended Round 1 is with 5,100 points. I ended with 16,300 that time because I got hit by THE LAST GUY once which cost me 5,000 points.

anyone know where i can get a save for this because i lost my save for it and i was 75 % done with the game too

I'm a bit confused. There doen't se to be a way to manually save your progress. And there isn't a clear indication (that I can tell) when you've passed a checkpoint.

So I often find myself redoing the last few minutes of my previous session when I start playing each night.

Am I missing something? I'd stop my play for the night right after I pass a checkpoint if I could tell when that happened.

There should be a little indicator that shows when it is saving. The way it almost always works (at least for me), entering a new room or area autosaves your progress. So, if you clear out a room of enemies, go back or forward a room and it will save and start you there should you turn it off. If you are outside, entering a building or going to the next outside zone will save your progress.

If this isn't happening, I don't know what to tell you!

[quote name='Saint Noir']There should be a little indicator that shows when it is saving. The way it almost always works (at least for me), entering a new room or area autosaves your progress. So, if you clear out a room of enemies, go back or forward a room and it will save and start you there should you turn it off. If you are outside, entering a building or going to the next outside zone will save your progress.

If this isn't happening, I don't know what to tell you![/QUOTE]

That's helpful, I'll try that. I guess I thought those swirly circles meant just that the room was loading, not that that was a save point too.

Earned the platinum tonight (5th overall)! Game goes by so much faster when doing only bare minimum Riddler Trophy hunting. I enjoyed the additional challenge of not having the counter indicator and died more times than I cared to remember during the Predator sections (tried to be more creative like the Challenge Missions).

Definitely worth the two play throughs and $48 I spent.

And my PSN Trophy rating went from Level 10 39% --> 50%. Sweet.

^ Nice! Be sure to grab those new challenges that were free DLC. I d/l them, but have yet to try them out. Been into Burnout way too much.

I was surprised at how fast the game went when I ran through the second time. Way short if you aren't grabbing/solving all the stuff. I agree though, def worth the purchase.

[quote name='starmask2k3']started over because i lost my save game[/QUOTE]

how? was it a glitch from the game.. or just your error?

[quote name='Saint Noir']^ Nice! Be sure to grab those new challenges that were free DLC. I d/l them, but have yet to try them out. Been into Burnout way too much.

I was surprised at how fast the game went when I ran through the second time. Way short if you aren't grabbing/solving all the stuff. I agree though, def worth the purchase.[/QUOTE]
The new DLC isn't much IMO. There are only two new challenges. The first is a freethrow challenge of endless enemies. The second is a new predator map that is pretty simple. I suppose free is free though.

[quote name='Darknyss']The new DLC isn't much IMO. There are only two new challenges. The first is a freethrow challenge of endless enemies. The second is a new predator map that is pretty simple. I suppose free is free though.[/QUOTE]

It's sufficiently different to make the effort of downloading the Challenges worth it. I hate the lunatics, though!

Just got my plat minutes ago as well huzzah

Does anybody remember at the end of the game when you beat it on normal
I could have sworn I remembered it was Croc that grabbed the carton of Titan. But when beating it on hard and watching that last bit again, I'm pretty sure it was Bane this time. Does it change randomly? Both Croc and Bane are out there after all, I suppose it could be both.

[quote name='imascrub']Just got my plat minutes ago as well huzzah

Does anybody remember at the end of the game when you beat it on normal
I could have sworn I remembered it was Croc that grabbed the carton of Titan. But when beating it on hard and watching that last bit again, I'm pretty sure it was Bane this time. Does it change randomly? Both Croc and Bane are out there after all, I suppose it could be both.
[/QUOTE]

It randomly picks between one of the three available.
Scarecrow is the other one.

Been loving this game for sure, i play between long bouts of MW lol, but its a super game, figure i will be replaying, also...

[quote name='Magus8472']It randomly picks between one of the three available.
[/QUOTE]

ahh that's interesting
I thought Scarecrow was taken down by Croc and "eaten" as Joker put it.
I wonder what a Scarecrow hopped up on Titan would be like...or Bane or Croc for that matter lol.

[quote name='Magus8472']It randomly picks between one of the three available.
[/QUOTE]

That is awesome. I knew I saw
Croc in my second play through. And thought it was Bane on the first one. I really hope these guys get to make a sequel. I would love to see Croc-zilla rampage Gotham. Or UberBane or a beastly Scarecrow. Not to mention all the guys still waiting to get in on the action, like Two Face.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thomas96']how? was it a glitch from the game.. or just your error?[/QUOTE]

it was my error not a glitch from the game

[quote name='Saint Noir']That is awesome. I knew I saw
Croc in my second play through. And thought it was Bane on the first one. I really hope these guys get to make a sequel. I would love to see Croc-zilla rampage Gotham. Or UberBane or a beastly Scarecrow. Not to mention all the guys still waiting to get in on the action, like Two Face.
[/QUOTE]
Man- this is good news. I thought I was crazy. I played this game along side 2 of my friends, who both insisted that it was Bane at the end when I said it was Croc. They told me that Croc didn't make sense- because he wouldn't have any use for the venom.. anyway.

Did anyone else think this game was awfully short? I finished it in like 2-3 days, but that was doing only the Riddler Challenge trophies that I clearly saw lying around and not hunting for them actively. I also didn't try going back into previously inaccessible areas once I got the super batclaw(or whatever it's called)and the zip line thing.

Not a bad game, but definitely not worth more than the $27 I paid in GS credit.

Arg, missed 50K on Sewer Bat (Extreme) by 130 points :wall:. I'll have to remember that end combo on a ground pound tip.

Had fun with the game on hard, you definitely feel more immersed in the game when you don't have the "enemy attacking" indicator. Now I just need to finish off the challenges. That fight in the corridor before the party for the trophy is pretty intense I am surprised they didn't model a DLC challenge map after that.

For getting the perfect combo I usually begin the round with batclaw pull. If I mess up that combo, I start the next combo with a counter, punch and dodge and stun a bit. Before doing a batarang throw or a batclaw pull I typically dodge away from the group then immediately turn and fire and then follow up with another roll to make sure I have someone to punch in case I knocked everyone down with the 3 batarangs.

Can anyone confirm or deny that this got a patch for 16:10 so now 16:9 tubes are forced with black bars on the top and bottom?

Really wish the media industry would choose one standard widescreen resolution so no one has to see letterboxes again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well don't know if it will help you but this is how I finished off the Rumble in the Jungle (extreme) and Shock and Awe (Extreme).

Shock and Awe (Extreme)-
Focus on milking for points in the first 2 rounds when you have more relative time. Go for the perfect combo, not getting hit, freeflow bonus, and ending on a ground pound when possible. In the 3rd round just worry about keeping your combo going for as long as possible and end it with a ground pound or a special move. Where I had trouble is I would have a decent point total, but run out of time on round 4. Whenever possible spam a couple of bat claws, follow through with a punch or two to activate the combo, then tap L1 to fling the tri-batarang, knocking as many thugs to the ground as possible. Go for a couple of ground pounds, dodge away, fire another bat claw, another punch(s) to keep/restart the combo, fling the tri-batarang again, and go for some more ground pounds.

Rumble in the Jungle (Extreme)
Milk the 1st and 3rd round with just thugs for as many points as you can. In the 2nd round where there is one Titan, throw the batarang to stun as he charges, beat up as many of the thugs as you can in a single combo (countering as needed) while punching back and forth between thugs and the stunned titan. With a decent multiplier start riding the titan, punching as many thugs as you can. As soon as he shakes you off, grab the first thug you can and aim a throw to the other side of the room, immediately follow through with a ground pound which should have you fly across the room after him and knock him out before any of the thugs have a chance to run over and punch you in the back, then end the combo. Repeat the process until you kill the titan.
Round 4 can be a really big round for points if you get lucky/time it right. Stun the first titan as he charges, dodge twice to the side and stun the 2nd as he charges, that will put some distance between them. Pick one titan and get a combo going on the thugs around it, bouncing between the two and start riding it. Hit as many as you can, and when you think you are getting close to being shaken off, waltz over and slap the other titan a few times to stun it. When you fall off, hit and dodge around thugs to get to the other downed titan, start riding it and repeat the cycle to keep the combo running. If you screw up and the other titan isn't stunned, go for a throw to the other side of the room, followed by a ground pound to end the combo.

Anyone having a problem with their PS3 freezing, I have the slim and just about everytime I quit my game through the main menu, then from the XMB my system will freeze up. It's a pain to have to pull the plug from the back every time, I miss the switch from my fat PS3.

Have yet to beat Batman yeah I feel its hard to get into the game, especially after playing uncharted 2. I should have played Batman first, I was excited, not so much now, I don't think the game lives up to hype.

I seem to remember having problems with it freezing if I quit the game a certain way, it might be from the main menu. You might try quiting ingame by pressing the PS button and then selecting quit game from there.

The models in that preview looked SOO much better than the originals.. The joker had hair that didn't look like it was made of sculpy!!!

News on the GOTY edition

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=102044

The Game Of The Year edition of Batman: Arkham Asylum due for release later this year will be playable in 3D on PS3 and Xbox 360.

That's according to an official ad for the game in India (which you can see below). The release will include Trioviz 3D technology, with two sets of 3D glasses included.

An accompanying release discloses that the Eidos title will also include six extra challenge maps, some of which have been available as DLC. These include:

* Scarecrow Nightmare Challenge Map: A combat map for expert players set in the Scarecrow's nightmarish world where players will need to fight against hordes of skeleton henchmen.

* Crime Alley Challenge Map: A combat map set in this iconic location from Gotham City that has been overrun by The Joker's henchmen.

* Totally Insane Challenge Map: A combat map set in the heart of Arkham Asylum where players will need to fight against waves of lunatics.

* Nocturnal Hunter Challenge Map: an Invisible Predator map where players will need to seize back control of the Prison Watchtowers from The Joker's henchmen.

The ad lists a late March release - but CVG understands this may have slipped. We'll check in with Eidos now.

screenshot_227874.jpg

So basically game of the year edition is the challenge maps which were already available for free on PSN, the maps which were available as pre-order bonus, and 3D glasses. Shame they didn't spend the time implementing the ability to play through the campaign as joker (since they already had the character model and animations from the Joker challenge rooms) rather than spend it working on 3D, then it might have been worth buying.

The Crime Alley maps were exclusive to the Collector's Edition. So if you preordered that at GameStop, you already got everything in this.

[quote name='guardian_owl']So basically game of the year edition is the challenge maps which were already available for free on PSN, the maps which were available as pre-order bonus, and 3D glasses. Shame they didn't spend the time implementing the ability to play through the campaign as joker (since they already had the character model and animations from the Joker challenge rooms) rather than spend it working on 3D, then it might have been worth buying.[/QUOTE]

. o O (Still better than Left 4 Dead GOTY; at least this comes with 3D glasses)

bread's done
Back