BATMAN Arkham Asylum 2 - TBA price-TBA CE/LE TBA have a video Ships 1/3/2011

Getting this next week with my $50 gift card to BB and I'll just pay the difference. Wondering if I should get collectors though for a little more. Otherwise I'm sure I'd be content with just the norm version of the game.

This thread only gets high marks from me if the title reverts back to godlike status. Please return it back to "NEW BATMAN GAME COMING OUT ITS CALLED BATMAN" or whatever it was... all in caps.

Then it gets 11/10. B)

The demo was one of the more fun demos I've played on the Xbox 360. I'd actually get this game, but I generally don't get games that are only single player. But the game is great, I'd give the demo 10/10. One of the few great super hero games.

[quote name='bill123']just got my copy today I'll let you guys know how it is.[/QUOTE]

how did u get it so early or did it come out today?

[quote name='finsfan0210']how did u get it so early or did it come out today?[/QUOTE]

I work at an independent videogame store and we got it in early.

did this get delayed? The newest trailer posted on PS3fanboy right now says "Available August 28th", and my "release day" order from amazon hasn't shipped yet...so it may have some truth.

[quote name='nbballard']did this get delayed? The newest trailer posted on PS3fanboy right now says "Available August 28th", and my "release day" order from amazon hasn't shipped yet...so it may have some truth.[/QUOTE]

I think that is the european release date.

I first saw that trailer on Eurogamer

Metacritic likes this game. Last I checked it was at 91 with 11 reviews which is VERY promising. I expected 80 at best, but considering how anticipated this game is I expect there to be quite a few reviews so that meta score could be going down.

Tip for this game.

At the XMB menu, move over to the VIDEO sectiona and you'll see some Batman related videos and trailers to view.

First game that I know of that does this.

Credit to Thirst @ Gaf.

[quote name='dallow']Tip for this game.

At the XMB menu, move over to the VIDEO sectiona and you'll see some Batman related videos and trailers to view.

First game that I know of that does this.

Credit to Thirst @ Gaf.[/QUOTE]

Right inside the cover it mentions this.. on the back of the cover art if you will.

Checking those out first as they are in "Blu ray quality"... well no shit.

This is not only the best comic book related game ever, its easily one of the best action games ever made, at least this generation, if not all-time. Its that damn good IMO. Sharp engaging story, killer gameplay, and great technically. Its the whole package.

I am stunned by how good it is. This is a must play unless you are lame and hate Batman.

The scarecrow sequence early on in the game knocked my f'in socks off. The bit before you meet him (you'll know its coming if you know the characters), if you have surround sound turn it up, holy shit!

Yeah, the scarecrow section is crazy. This game reminds me of Dead Space in how it embraces the atmosphere and setting. Plus it's a blast to play.

About 2 hours in and pretty good so far. I did not get into the hype and just this week decided to buy the game, thanks TRU.

I am going to get some serious time with it on Wednesday if all goes well.

Cant wait to hear more impressions.

[quote name='Snake2715']Right inside the cover it mentions this.. on the back of the cover art if you will.

Checking those out first as they are in "Blu ray quality"... well no shit.[/QUOTE]

The inside cover mentions 5 features and 5 trailers, yet on the video section is only 3 features and 5 trailers. Where are the other 2 features, or was that a misprint?

So im playing through on normal, about an hour in and it seems really easy, does the difficulty ramp up at all or am I better off going to hard?

[quote name='hhhdx4']So im playing through on normal, about an hour in and it seems really easy, does the difficulty ramp up at all or am I better off going to hard?[/QUOTE]

I heard it takes about 3 bursts of fire in Hard to kill you, so I'd think it would be a step in the direction you'd want.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The inside cover mentions 5 features and 5 trailers, yet on the video section is only 3 features and 5 trailers. Where are the other 2 features, or was that a misprint?[/QUOTE]

Try looking at videos on the XMB when the disc is in?

[quote name='hhhdx4']So im playing through on normal, about an hour in and it seems really easy, does the difficulty ramp up at all or am I better off going to hard?[/QUOTE]

I'm about 4 hours in and it's a bit more difficult than at first but it's still easy. You can't get careless though, enemies can kill you very quickly if you're reckless.

you can't rush things. for hard, you need patience. you can't even do a dive attack because that causes too much noise. think stealth game ... you know .... xx

Okay, i am officially stuck. I cannot find Dr. Penny's notes. Can anyone help me out? I already have the batclaw and have knocked the floor out of the library and saved the security guard and doctor. What do I do now? I am just running in circles

I don't know why, but I was VERY impressed with the beginning of the game where you're walking Joker through Arkham. It reminded me allot of Riddick and how they just give you the atmosphere to take in at the beginning. I'm probably about 20 minutes in and am happy that once you get into the vent it becomes a different game than the demo was. this was $40 (thanks to a PM @ BB) well spent.

[quote name='jdangerc']Okay, i am officially stuck. I cannot find Dr. Penny's notes. Can anyone help me out? I already have the batclaw and have knocked the floor out of the library and saved the security guard and doctor. What do I do now? I am just running in circles[/QUOTE]
They are hidden in a book on the bookshelf in the room where you rescue the guards. Detective mode should lead you right to them.

[quote name='Darknyss']
They are hidden in a book on the bookshelf in the room where you rescue the guards. Detective mode should lead you right to them.
[/QUOTE]

omg thanks. i swear i got stuck on that same part last night... i didnt know where the hell to go..

[quote name='MSUHitman']The inside cover mentions 5 features and 5 trailers, yet on the video section is only 3 features and 5 trailers. Where are the other 2 features, or was that a misprint?[/QUOTE]

I am thinking misprint..

Some of the features on the inside cover are misnamed as well, compared to their Actual names on disk...

Also it may be that they combined them into the 3. I noticed that as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Snake2715']I am thinking misprint..

Some of the features on the inside cover are mis named as well, compared to their Actual names on disk...

Also it may be that they combined them into the 3. I noticed that as well.[/QUOTE]
Look under Videos on the XMB, as they put the other two videos on there.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm about 4 hours in and it's a bit more difficult than at first but it's still easy. You can't get careless though, enemies can kill you very quickly if you're reckless.[/QUOTE]

It does end up getting a little bit harder, mostly when your fighting a bunch of henchmen and a couple of mutants. This is definitely a game where the more enemies they throw at you, the harder it gets.
Be ready to make hot sweet love to the dodge button.

Wow do you get past with where there's an electrified floor and a bunch of guys who come at you and than leave as Harley's about to electrify the floor? I can't figure it out...

Okay, I am going CRAZY! I cannot find the book in the Library! Can someone please help me out? I am using detective mode and everything. It is not in the bottom of the library where I rescued the hostages. PLEASE HELP!

Very fun game, the polish and amount of detail in the game is really something else. The incentives for doing the collect-a-thon are also pretty neat, one of the first times I've been interested in undertaking such a thing. Killer Croc coming off the elevator in the beginning almost made me piss my pants. I have a couple minor gripes, those being the weird back-and-forth discussions when batman talks to a faculty member are kinda goofy, and it would've been nice to have had some more unique villians from the rogues gallery... I don't mind who they gave us, but between bane, croc, and these burly mutated guys I see a bad "dodge the charging behemoth" pattern forming later on in the game.

Okay, I am going CRAZY! I cannot find the book in the Library! Can someone please help me out? I am using detective mode and everything. It is not in the bottom of the library where I rescued the hostages. PLEASE HELP!

[quote name='jdangerc']Okay, I am going CRAZY! I cannot find the book in the Library! Can someone please help me out? I am using detective mode and everything. It is not in the bottom of the library where I rescued the hostages. PLEASE HELP![/QUOTE]

The book is there... just follow the trail left by her finger prints. All the books are up right (vertically), but the book you need is in the shelf on its side (horizontally).

Okay, I found the book. What I did wrong was I didnt find the Doctor. Now I have found her and have the book! Finally. I must have spent 3 hours doing this!

[quote name='jdangerc']Okay, I found the book. What I did wrong was I didnt find the Doctor. Now I have found her and have the book! Finally. I must have spent 3 hours doing this![/QUOTE]

Thats what you get for cheating. You would know nothing of the book had you not!

[quote name='Darknyss']Yeah, the scarecrow section is crazy. This game reminds me of Dead Space in how it embraces the atmosphere and setting. Plus it's a blast to play.[/QUOTE]

I reminds me a ton of American McGee's Alice here.

[quote name='Vinny']Wow do you get past with where there's an electrified floor and a bunch of guys who come at you and than leave as Harley's about to electrify the floor? I can't figure it out...[/QUOTE]

Don't know if you figured it out yet, but
just climb over the wall with the guys. If you have time, it's so much easier to stun the baton guys right before you jump the fence so they don't survive the electricity and you don't have to deal with them.

bread's done
Back