Batman:The Animated Series $15-$20/Batman Beyond $15-$20/Justice League-$20 @Best Buy

Mojimbo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Saw this online, not sure if it's B&M as well.

Prices beat the DDD 20% sale by a couple of dollars and I've hardly ever seen these sets on sale at a B&M after release.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat125200050002

Batman: The Animated Series Volume 1 - $14.99

Volume 2, 3, 4 - $19.99 each​

Batman Beyond Season 1, 3 - $14.99 each

Season 2 $19.99​

Justice League of America Season 1, 2 - $19.99 each

Justice League Unlimited Season 1 - $19.99

Superman The Animated Series Volume 1, 2 - $14.99 each

**Register online to get a $10 certificate good on music, movies and games for every $100 spent on music, movies and games.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat124300050008&type=category

EDIT: Amazon also has some of these for the same price, plus free shipping on $25 or more and no tax.
(Thanks hero_icon_rolemodel!)

Batman Beyond Season 1,3: 14.99
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Beyond...1-6873717?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1183703180&sr=8-3
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Beyond...1-6873717?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1183703180&sr=8-1

Batman: TAS Vol 4: 19.99
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Animat...1-6873717?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1183703856&sr=8-2

Justice League Season 1: 19.99
http://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu...1-6873717?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1183703234&sr=8-2

Justice League Unlimited Season 1,2: 19.99
http://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu...1-6873717?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1183703234&sr=8-3
http://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu...1-6873717?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1183703234&sr=8-1

Oh yeah, Best Buy is also running a promo starting today and throughout the summer where you get a $10 certificate for every $100 spent on music, movies and games. You have to register for it and from what I can tell the certificate is only good on music, movies and games. If you take the survey when registering, which is really short, they'll credit you so you only have to spend $90 to get that first $10 certificate.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat124300050008&type=category

Just got back from the store and IT IS CONFIRMED IN STORE!!!!!

EDIT: Also, apparently if you're reward zone member, there's a survey to fill out on the site that supposedly gives you a $10 credit on your first $100 purchase. I did the survey but I didn't see the credit on my account and it wasn't given to me at the store. I'm not sure how long it takes to get the credit on the account, or if I'm supposed to receive it in the mail. Just an FYI.

[quote name='phoenix6666']Just got back from the store and IT IS CONFIRMED IN STORE!!!!!

EDIT: Also, apparently if you're reward zone member, there's a survey to fill out on the site that supposedly gives you a $10 credit on your first $100 purchase. I did the survey but I didn't see the credit on my account and it wasn't given to me at the store. I'm not sure how long it takes to get the credit on the account, or if I'm supposed to receive it in the mail. Just an FYI.[/QUOTE]

If you sign up, for every $100 you spend you get a $10 certificate, but since its a Reward Zone thing you probably have to wait 30 days before getting it. What the survey did was it took $10 away from the $100 you had to spend, so now if you spend $90 more you will get it.

If you click on the Summer of Entertainment button at myrewardzone.com you can see you have $10 on your meter.

Sweet deals indeed. Beats even Amazon, and they have the lowest prices I'm aware of. Off to Best Buy. Hopefully I can Beyond 2, 3 and TAS 4.

Do coupons even work on sale items? Will try.

All copies anywhere nearby have long since disappeared so I opted for shipping via the website. Either way I saved a bit compared to DD! Thanks, OP!

No luck on Batman TAS 4. :( They only had Volume 1 at our Best Buy. Quite a few Batman Beyond Season 2's, a couple of 3's, and a single 1.

I can confirm the 10% coupon does work, so make the best of it.

Where could I go to get this price-matched? I don't want to pay an extra $1.99 for shipping and I could really go for Batman TAS Volume 4 for $20...

Thanks, OP! Grabbed all three seasons of Batman Beyond. No luck with Batman: TAS Season 4, and it appears that there are no copies in-store at any locations in Southern California, so I just ordered that one online.

Great deal, for a great show.

I only need to catch up with BB S1-3 and JLU S1 and I'm done with my DCAU collection.

Do the Justice League cartoons made by the people who made Batman and Superman TAS, and do they take place in the Batman/Superman TAS universe?

[quote name='Kaijufan']Do the Justice League cartoons made by the people who made Batman and Superman TAS, and do they take place in the Batman/Superman TAS universe?[/quote]

Yes Justice League S1 and 2 and Justice League Unlimited are both on the Batman/Superman TAS universes. They are done by the same people and the quality of stories you expect from them, in fact they are better in many aspects.

Justice League Season 1 is the only one that is not "as good" as the others but still good enough to be worth owning.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Do the Justice League cartoons made by the people who made Batman and Superman TAS, and do they take place in the Batman/Superman TAS universe?[/QUOTE]

Yes

[quote name='kingryan18']no stores in my area have any in stock so ill orderem online[/quote]

Gonna do the same. Now only $15 away from getting my first $10 back.

Great deal guys. I own all the DCAU shows and I got Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond and Justice League and JLU almost immediately when they came out. They are FANTASTIC shows that should be in every animation fan's library. DO NOT over look Batman Beyond as it is unique and quite awesome. DCAU is phenomenal and I can't recommend it enough.

Also, don't forget the movies one day to round your collections out. Mask of the Phantasm, Sub-Zero, Mystery of the Batwoman, and Return of the Joker Uncut (which is especially outstanding).

[quote name='pinoy530']What the survey did was it took $10 away from the $100 you had to spend, so now if you spend $90 more you will get it.

If you click on the Summer of Entertainment button at myrewardzone.com you can see you have $10 on your meter.[/quote]

I filled out the survey and then went to the store. Odds are that the system simply isn't that fast so I'll check over the next few days to see. Right now, as I check my reward zone account, I don't see that $10 in the meter. Of course, it doesn't register the 100 I spent today either.

[quote name='phoenix6666']I filled out the survey and then went to the store. Odds are that the system simply isn't that fast so I'll check over the next few days to see. Right now, as I check my reward zone account, I don't see that $10 in the meter. Of course, it doesn't register the 100 I spent today either.[/quote]

I just filled out my survey a little bit ago, and immediately after I completed the survey, my $10 was already posted.

* Possible 10% off opportunity.

It definitely works, but check this out!

In store there are signs that say ALL seasons of Batman: TAS are $15 as well as signs that say ALL seasons of Batman Beyond are $15. I pointed this out to clerk so I got Batman Beyond S2 for $15. I pointed out the 10% coupon worked on the other two seasons of Batman Beyond so she manually took off another 10%. $13.50 for each. I also picked up Justice League for $18 each.

Unfortunately Batman TAS 2-4 were not in stock in my area, so I took a camera phone picture of the sign on the off chance Circuit City would price match. THEY DID. The guy laughed at first because the picture was blurry, "What am I looking at here?" But he gave it to me anyway. They had seasons 2-4 and gave me the 10% difference, so all those seasons for $13 each. It's the summer of George!

I still need Batman TAS S1, but I might just use another coupon for that and get it for $13.50 at Best Buy. 50 cents more expensive but might be worth putting it towards that $10 for every $100 summer deal. When does it end anyway?

Also some advice, for JLU S2 and all seasons of Superman TAS, they're about $15 each from DDD when they offer the 20% off deal. So if you can't find those, I wouldn't bother buying online since BB shipping isn't free.

I am pretty pissed at BB atm.

Went to the store, and saw where Batman: TAS always sat, empty. Had a sign saying Volumes 1-4 were $14.99. Asked a clerk if there were any in back or anything. Guy didn't really seem to know what we were talking about; it is sorta hard when there are about 3 different animated batman shows. He left, came back and said they never got any in store.

Went to check it online (which has 2-4 at $5 more than in-store which I think is ridiculous), and there are NONE (according to the website) in pretty much all of Nor-Cal. So on top of paying an extra $15 for three sets we needed, we paid $6 in shipping as well. And it's not advertised, so I didn't bother trying CC to PM.

I did have a $15 GC (from a mistake they made before), so that made it a little better (something like $17 a set for 3 sets). But I still think it's lame, even though I know there is nothing that could really be done about it.

Oh, just checked out their policy:
[quote name='BB.com']What if I find a lower price at another Best Buy store or on BestBuy.com?
If an item you purchased at Best Buy is advertised at a lower price at another Best Buy store in your local area or on BestBuy.com within 30 days of your original receipt purchase (14 days for select categories*, 60 days for HDTVs purchased from 6/3/07 through 9/29/07), we will refund you 100% of the price difference. Simply bring in your original Best Buy receipt to the customer service counter while that lower price is still in effect.[/quote]Looks like we can perhaps still get the $14.99 price... wait, it says if it was purchased online at a lower price... wonder if it works the other way around.

Went to check it online (which has 2-4 at $5 more than in-store which I think is ridiculous), and there are NONE (according to the website) in pretty much all of Nor-Cal. So on top of paying an extra $15 for three sets we needed, we paid $6 in shipping as well. And it's not advertised, so I didn't bother trying CC to PM.
It's actually the same in store. The sets don't ring up as $14.99 except S1. Most BB stores don't carry Batman TAS or Superman TAS for some reason. That's why I took a picture of the in-store sign and used it to PM at Circuit City.
Looks like we can perhaps still get the $14.99 price... wait, it says if it was purchased online at a lower price... wonder if it works the other way around.
I believe they'll give you the difference, but only if the advertisement for $14.99 is still on display in store when you bring it in.

Also, don't forget the movies one day to round your collections out. Mask of the Phantasm, Sub-Zero, Mystery of the Batwoman, and Return of the Joker Uncut (which is especially outstanding).

I thought Mask of the Phantasm was the best Batman movie ever made. Mystery of the Batwoman is absolute garbage, though. Although, I would like to see the Chase Me short on that DVD.
How long is this deal active too? I'll be pissed if it ends tonight :(
Most Blockbuster deals are good until Saturday the week of. Unfortunately, the 10% off coupon is only good until the fourth of July (assuming they're even open on Wednesday). It may not seem like much but if you're buying $150 worth of DVDs, that's $10 off, plus another $10 for the Summer of George savings.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']For those interested, don't hesitate in picking up the 3 season of JL that are on sale, great show.[/QUOTE]
Don't hesitate on season 2 of Justice League. Season 1, and all of Unlimited, are good, but S2 of JL is fantastic.

[quote name='sdp']Yes Justice League S1 and 2 and Justice League Unlimited are both on the Batman/Superman TAS universes. They are done by the same people and the quality of stories you expect from them, in fact they are better in many aspects.

Justice League Season 1 is the only one that is not "as good" as the others but still good enough to be worth owning.[/quote]
Thanks.
My parents went to my brother's baseball game tonight, which is less then 5 minutes away from a Best Buy (our house is a 20 minute drive each way), so they stopped and picked up all three Justice League seasons, and Batman Beyond Seasons 2 and 3 for me.

[quote name='espy605']It's actually the same in store. The sets don't ring up as $14.99 except S1. Most BB stores don't carry Batman TAS or Superman TAS for some reason. That's why I took a picture of the in-store sign and used it to PM at Circuit City.

I believe they'll give you the difference, but only if the advertisement for $14.99 is still on display in store when you bring it in.[/quote]Yah they had a sign that said vol 1-4: $14.99, so maybe if it's still there they'll give us that.

Went to 2 different stores and didn't see any signs for the Batman TAS at 14.99. The only one at that price was S1. All the others were still 19.99. This was in South Florida.

Hmm...I guess I'll try filling out the survey again.

[quote name='espy605']I thought Mask of the Phantasm was the best Batman movie ever made. Mystery of the Batwoman is absolute garbage, though. Although, I would like to see the Chase Me short on that DVD.
.[/quote]

Return of the Joker was the best for me followe by Mask of the Phantasm.

Mystery of the Batwoman is not that bad, it doesn't compare to the other movies but it is still better than the average episode.

The chase me short is pretty good.

[quote name='sdp']Return of the Joker was the best for me followe by Mask of the Phantasm.

Mystery of the Batwoman is not that bad, it doesn't compare to the other movies but it is still better than the average episode.

The chase me short is pretty good.[/QUOTE]
I agree that ROTJ was the best Batman movie. I'd say Batman Begins is second, though.

All I can say about Batman Beyond is that all of my friends way back when have either never seen it or could recall some particularly excellent episodes. Almost all of them pointed towards the one with the return of Mr. Freeze as the reason they started watching/continued watching the series. Good lord.

And this is a bit extra but if anyone really loves the music from the series the best way to go about it would be to hit up iTunes for the soundtrack to Mask of the Phantasm. It only has music from the movie and it has a short running time but Shirley Walker's work just shines throughout. The first track alone...and not a bad purchase for $10, truth be told, for something OOP.

Batman Beyond got a lot of crap for being a "futuristic' batman and starring a teenage Batman, however even by following the Networks requests they made the show just as dark or even darker than their previous shows. Fans often say Season 2 of BBeyond has the weakest episodes however it is also the season with the most episodes. An excellent show.

Justice League S1 has a few stinkers since they were getting used to working with so many "heroes" but its not bad, and they nailed it with JL S2, JLU S1,S2.

[quote name='mkelehan']I agree that ROTJ was the best Batman movie. I'd say Batman Begins is second, though.[/quote]

Oh I wasn't counting live action movies, however as much as I liked BBegins superheroes work a little better as cartoons than realistic movies. Can't wait for The Dark Knight though.

I bit on Batman: The Animated Series. I happened to get Sub-Zero and Mask of the Phantasm via Amazon a while back and that rejuvinated my interest in the series. Been waiting for a great deal on em.

I'm heading out of town this weekend. Portland, OR to be exact. There is no tax in Oregon! Picking up Batman Season 4, JLU Season 2!

Thanks OP!

The JLA and JLU sound good might get one or the other...or both. Will definitely get the one Batman Beyond S3 though. Thanks Mojimbo!

bread's done
Back