Batman:The Animated Series $15-$20/Batman Beyond $15-$20/Justice League-$20 @Best Buy

Mojimbo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Saw this online, not sure if it's B&M as well.

Prices beat the DDD 20% sale by a couple of dollars and I've hardly ever seen these sets on sale at a B&M after release.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat125200050002

Batman: The Animated Series Volume 1 - $14.99

Volume 2, 3, 4 - $19.99 each​

Batman Beyond Season 1, 3 - $14.99 each

Season 2 $19.99​

Justice League of America Season 1, 2 - $19.99 each

Justice League Unlimited Season 1 - $19.99

Superman The Animated Series Volume 1, 2 - $14.99 each

**Register online to get a $10 certificate good on music, movies and games for every $100 spent on music, movies and games.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat124300050008&type=category

EDIT: Amazon also has some of these for the same price, plus free shipping on $25 or more and no tax.
(Thanks hero_icon_rolemodel!)

Batman Beyond Season 1,3: 14.99
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Beyond...1-6873717?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1183703180&sr=8-3
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Beyond...1-6873717?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1183703180&sr=8-1

Batman: TAS Vol 4: 19.99
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Animat...1-6873717?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1183703856&sr=8-2

Justice League Season 1: 19.99
http://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu...1-6873717?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1183703234&sr=8-2

Justice League Unlimited Season 1,2: 19.99
http://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu...1-6873717?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1183703234&sr=8-3
http://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu...1-6873717?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1183703234&sr=8-1

I bought all three seasons of Batman Beyond. I prefer them to Batman: TAS. Got them all for $15 each. Had to show the lady at the register that Season 2 was advertised as $15 in the store and got the further discount.

[quote name='espy605']I thought Mask of the Phantasm was the best Batman movie ever made. Mystery of the Batwoman is absolute garbage, though. Although, I would like to see the Chase Me short on that DVD.

Most Blockbuster deals are good until Saturday the week of. Unfortunately, the 10% off coupon is only good until the fourth of July (assuming they're even open on Wednesday). It may not seem like much but if you're buying $150 worth of DVDs, that's $10 off, plus another $10 for the Summer of George savings.[/QUOTE]

Eh I wouldn't get the $20 off deals, I'm not a Rewards member or w/e it is :(

I can confirm that the deal is still active today. I picked up TAS season one x2 and season 2. I had to grab the shelf tag to show the cashier the $14.99 advertised price on season 2.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Eh I wouldn't get the $20 off deals, I'm not a Rewards member or w/e it is :([/quote]

It's a free membership, just ask in store. No cost at all.

Is the sale over on Saturday?

Most likely.
I'm praying it's still active tommorrow; just put money in the bank so I could use my debit card to order these. No best buy's near me :(
If you have a Circuit City near you, they should pricematch the BB website as well as give you 10% of the difference.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I only have a Wal-Mart near me, and they don't price match :([/quote]

Really? I've pricematched at Walmart before but it was using a printed ad. I don't know if they'll honor computer lookups in-store.

i dunno if this will work, but you can print this out and maybe they'll price match this:

batmantp5.jpg

i just realized that only batman v. 1-3 are the original 80-some-episode run of Batman: The Animated Series and that v. 4 is from The New Adventures of Batman or something. i don't even recall seeing that on TV. anyone who has v. 4 care to share an opinion on whether or not it's worth keeping? i know $20 is a great price, but does it measure up to B:TAS? the style of animation looked like teen titans, and I dunno if I think that's a good thing.

Vol. 4 is really good, the animation is different but the stories are still good. I might agree that it is the weakest of the 4 sets however it also features some of the darkest episodes. I don't want to say more without spoling anything. You also get dick grayson become nightwing and tim drake being the new robin.

you can't go wrong getting it, it was done by the same people.

Volume 4 is actually my favorite. I love the redesigned characters, especially Batman himself and Mr. Freeze (already an excellent design and by far the best villain in the series.) The set is worth buying just for the "Holiday Knights" episode.

well, if your best buy doesn't price match, you can find JLU seasons 1 and 2 as well as JL season 1 for $19.99 on Amazon. Oddly, JL season 2 isn't $19.99 but is at best buy.

I picked up JLU Season 1 off Amazon. Needed to pick up some law school books so was able to nab free shipping. This is the only one I grabbed. I figured the Superman TAS can be found for $15 later in the year over the holidays and I don't have much money and was told the JLU seasons are better than the JL seasons.

Eh it's alright. Thanks bro. I ended up buying Seasons 1-3 of B:TAS ( I heard 4 sucks) and BB S 1.
S4 is actually quite good. A lot of the redesigns suck (Batman's and Batgirl's redesigns are probably the only real improvements in my opinion) and some of the animation is sub-par (the reason is that S4 was produced years after the first three seasons, and part of the deal to create new episodes was a lower budget per episode forced them to make redesigns that were easier to animate). A few of the voice actors changed but it's remarkable how many of the same people played the same characters, even all the way through JLU.

However, there are a lot of extremely good or plain fun episodes, including two of my favorites, Legends of the Dark Knight (I'm a huge Dark Knight Returns fan) and Over the Edge. Joker's Millions, Growing Pains, The Demon Within, Old Wounds, Girl's Night Out and Mad Love are all great episodes, too. There are some stinkers, too, like Critters but the commentary on the episode is worth a listen (listening to the creators wonder why fans hate the idea of Batman battling giant insects is pretty fun).
i just realized that only batman v. 1-3 are the original 80-some-episode run of Batman: The Animated Series and that v. 4 is from The New Adventures of Batman or something. i don't even recall seeing that on TV. anyone who has v. 4 care to share an opinion on whether or not it's worth keeping? i know $20 is a great price, but does it measure up to B:TAS? the style of animation looked like teen titans, and I dunno if I think that's a good thing.
Batman v. 1-3 ran typically in the after school weekday timeslot on Fox. A couple years later when the WB launched, Batman switched networks to WB Saturday morning cartoons. It was aired side by side with Superman: TAS as part of The New Batman/Superman Adventures (with the greatest cartoon theme song ever) and the WB contracted an extra season of Batman with a lower budget (as I wrote above). The last season of Batman:TAS is actually titled either The New Batman Adventures but some of the creators refer to it as Batman: Gotham Knights. It doesn't really look like Teen Titans. Teen Titans looks a lot like anime, with exaggerated expressions and the quality of animation is actually higher. Still, it's made by the same guys that did v. 1-3, Superman TAS and JL/JLU. Teen Titans is made by mostly different group with a different target audience.

Personally, I obviously like S4. It has some throw away episodes, but I thought there were a lot in the series run anyway.
I don't have much money and was told the JLU seasons are better than the JL seasons.
JLU is good but it's different. JL concentrates on the core seven characters and JLU tends to rotate around a lot of characters including lesser known heroes. JL has mostly one hour stories and JLU focuses on longer story arcs. JLU also uses a lot more computer animation. It makes things cheaper for them but I like hand drawn art a lot more.

Story-wise, JL S1 is fun but it isn't polished. JL S2 is excellent and unfortunately, there is an important story arc in S2 that plays roles in several JLU S1 episodes that will spoil things for you if you go back to watch JL.

Sorry, I'm a little too young to remember the older Batman: TAS Volume 1-3. I was actually kind of disappointed that after watching a couple of episodes from the first 3 volumes, they were older episodes. I'll probably get around to watching them later this summer. I grew up watching The New Batman/Superman Adventures, so Batman:TAS Volume 4 is the one I always wanted and will like.

Volume 4 is oustanding.

Just watch the episodes Over the Edge and Mad Love. Those are IMO the best episodes in all of Batman. The art is more streamlined and the models look WAY better for the most part. No more of the overweight look for Bruce Wayne and most of the other men. The redesigned Scarecrow is amazing. I think the animation and fight choreography is much improved in Vol. 4. as everything is just so crisp. This is the style the leads to the eventual look of JLU, which was refined further. I wish season 1-3 looked as sharp. I still love those though.

[quote name='imacgod']Sorry, I'm a little too young to remember the older Batman: TAS Volume 1-3. I was actually kind of disappointed that after watching a couple of episodes from the first 3 volumes, they were older episodes. I'll probably get around to watching them later this summer. I grew up watching The New Batman/Superman Adventures, so Batman:TAS Volume 4 is the one I always wanted and will like.[/quote]

a little too young? you're making me feel old...I'm only 21 you must be VERY young to not remember it... oh well...

Watch an episode of the other volumes though, even if you didn't grow up with them and don't have nostalgia over them its the stories that get you into the show. Almost everyone agrees that the show is THE best take on the Batman character.

I Might splurge on Volume 4. I guess if I really desire it after volumes 1-3 I can pay full price. I'd rather just buy Beyond 2-3 now, then just get Beyond 2 and Batman 4.

How's the Superman show? I've never really been a fan of Superman ( i actually kinda hate him :p) because of the lame ass villians, but if they're portrayed as cool as Clay Face and Joker were then I might splurge....thoughts?

How's the Superman show? I've never really been a fan of Superman ( i actually kinda hate him :p) because of the lame ass villians, but if they're portrayed as cool as Clay Face and Joker were then I might splurge....thoughts?

Superman has a problem with finding worthy villains (I mean, he's basically a god). The solved it by using Kirby's Fourth World characters as major villains in the show, namely Darkseid. The Superman/Darkseid arc is probably my favorite in all of the DC cartoons. It goes from Superman TAS through several Justice League episodes. Brainiac is a good villain for Superman, too.

The last season of Superman TAS, Vol. 3, is by far the best. It has some Apokolips episodes as well as a lot of crossovers (including two notable ones with Batman). Highly recommend it if you only pick up one set.

[quote name='espy605']Superman has a problem with finding worthy villains (I mean, he's basically a god). The solved it by using Kirby's Fourth World characters as major villains in the show, namely Darkseid. The Superman/Darkseid arc is probably my favorite in all of the DC cartoons. It goes from Superman TAS through several Justice League episodes. Brainiac is a good villain for Superman, too.

The last season of Superman TAS, Vol. 3, is by far the best. It has some Apokolips episodes as well as a lot of crossovers (including two notable ones with Batman). Highly recommend it if you only pick up one set.[/quote]

Very true. While i liked the show it was never as good as batman or spiderman but Vol 3 is rather great. Speaking of which i cannot believe this deal is still alive, i need to get the entire batman run but i just can't seem to find the cash. Stupid money.

Woah, I'm glad I saw this deal (a few days late).

I ordered Batman: TaS 1-4... Man, I loved that show. To anyone unsure about volume 4, don't be. It's got some great stuff. Growing Pains is one of my favorite episodes in the series. I can't wait to re-watch all of these.

It just sucks that I can't spend the money to get Batman Beyond at the moment.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='abhinav']Very true. While i liked the show it was never as good as batman or spiderman but Vol 3 is rather great. Speaking of which i cannot believe this deal is still alive, i need to get the entire batman run but i just can't seem to find the cash. Stupid money.[/quote]
What kind of world is this where they advertise things not everyone can afford?

I actually think Vol. 3 of Superman is as good as a good season of Batman TAS. I love Batman TAS, don't get me wrong, but there were a lot of stinker episodes in every season people conveniently forget. By the third season, they really figured out how to make Superman's world interesting. And for some reason, The Parasite is probably one of my favorite villains. I guess it's hard to take a villain seriously when people call him Rudy.

Growing Pains - is one of my favorite episodes in the series.

Despoiled.

I want this deal in store, damn it. I went to all the BBs in my area and they either have the ones I bought today - mainly Season 1 of Justice League (of America) and Season 1 of Unlimited. No store had Season 2 of Justice League (of America) or Unlimited. All stores were sold out of Batman TAS other than the one copy of TAS Season 1 that I found that was in good condition. Most stores still had Batman Beyonds, but their supply had also dwindled. The CCs were also out and the same goes for Walmart for the few seasons of any of the animated shows that they carried. I'm going to try to PM at Fry's tomorrow if I can/if they have it.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']How's the Superman show? I've never really been a fan of Superman ( i actually kinda hate him :p) because of the lame ass villians, but if they're portrayed as cool as Clay Face and Joker were then I might splurge....thoughts?[/quote]

I've also never been a big fan of superman however TAS is very good and enjoyable. In fact it sets up a lot of villians from JL so I'd watch it before any JL sets(not a requirement of course). They actually make Superman an interesting character, the tone of the show is different from batman but not in a bad way.

It might be one of the last sets you buy if you dont like the character but you should def. own it at some point, its worth it.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I want this deal in store, damn it. I went to all the BBs in my area and they either have the ones I bought today - mainly Season 1 of Justice League (of America) and Season 1 of Unlimited. No store had Season 2 of Justice League (of America) or Unlimited. All stores were sold out of Batman TAS other than the one copy of TAS Season 1 that I found that was in good condition. Most stores still had Batman Beyonds, but their supply had also dwindled. The CCs were also out and the same goes for Walmart for the few seasons of any of the animated shows that they carried. I'm going to try to PM at Fry's tomorrow if I can/if they have it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was pretty much the same experience I had. Luckily I was able to find Justice League Season 2 though.

Edit-Scratch that. I was out this afternoon and stopped in a different Best Buy and managed to find Seasons 2-4 of Batman. Not only that but they still had the incorrect sign up saying it was $14.99 each for seasons 1-4 so after a quick price adjustment I got seasons 2-4 for $45 total.

I got my Batman TAS Volume 4 from Best Buy this week to complete my Batman TAS collection. I feel like I have to get JLU Season 1 just for the Batman Beyond Epilogue episode. I've never seen any other episode of Justice League or Unlimited (which I hear are very good, so it probably wouldn't hurt to start), but I don't know if I'm ready to drop another $80...

I got my 4 Batman TAS DVDs in the mail yesterday. Another full set of DVDs to add to my backlog, now I just have to find time to watch them heh.

Sweet deal though, Thanks OP!

I just wish they'd break down and release a DCAU Mega-Set with Batman:TAS, Superman:TAS, Batman Beyond, JLA, JLU and Static Shock. That'd be nice.

Also, Even if you are not any kind of Batman Beyond fan, you *must* *Must* *MUST* get Return of the Joker uncut. Batman at his best. Period. In fact, just watched it again last night. Damn fine.

I got my Batman TAS Volume 4 from Best Buy this week to complete my Batman TAS collection. I feel like I have to get JLU Season 1 just for the Batman Beyond Epilogue episode. I've never seen any other episode of Justice League or Unlimited (which I hear are very good, so it probably wouldn't hurt to start), but I don't know if I'm ready to drop another $80...

Epilogue is probably the best Batman-centric episode in the JL/JLU series. One of my personal favorites. If you want to be more completist, the Batman Beyond World makes another appearance in a time traveling episode I can't remember. Some pretty funny bits seeing Batman interact with old Bruce Wayne.

[quote name='imacgod']I got my Batman TAS Volume 4 from Best Buy this week to complete my Batman TAS collection. I feel like I have to get JLU Season 1 just for the Batman Beyond Epilogue episode. I've never seen any other episode of Justice League or Unlimited (which I hear are very good, so it probably wouldn't hurt to start), but I don't know if I'm ready to drop another $80...[/quote]
Thanks to this deal I finished off my DCAU collection, but ofcourse I built it over time, I never dropped too much money at one time, I spaced them out. Though the DVDs are def. worth it.

Def. get JLU S1, even if just for "epilogue" there is another 2 parter were they go to the future with Batman Beyond. I just have a feeling that after checking out JLUS1 you'll become a fan of JL and even Superman. I know that is how I became a fan of those other two shows.

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI this is still going. Got all 4 Batman TAS sets. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

yeah, I just noticed. I hope it lasts another week so I can grab some sets as well.

Hopefully I will receive batman tas season1 & superman tas season 1 I picked up batman beyond season1 last week .

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']so how long does this last and will stores be getting more in stock? I need Superman Vol 3 and the Batman TAS 2-4[/quote]I went in store earlier this week and they restocked all volumes, at the sale price.

10% off coupon worked on them too.

Yeah, just ordered Batman Vol 1 since they got it back in stock for in-store pickup. Amazon has it for like $36 so I figure I shouldn't hesitate.

I'd recommend you jump on it before Sunday because that's when they usually start their new sales cycle.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Yeah, just ordered Batman Vol 1 since they got it back in stock for in-store pickup. Amazon has it for like $36 so I figure I shouldn't hesitate.

I'd recommend you jump on it before Sunday because that's when they usually start their new sales cycle.[/QUOTE]

These might be part of an extend sale since they've been at these prices for over a week and are listed as "On Sale" on their website.

Family Guy the movie has been listed as being "On sale" for about a month now.

Grabbed Batman season 2 and Batman Beyond seasons 1 and 2 today. I'll be getting Season 3 of Batman Beyond and Season 1 of Batman tomorrow hopefully.

Batman Beyond doesn't have a proper ending, does it?

[quote name='whoknows']Grabbed Batman season 2 and Batman Beyond seasons 1 and 2 today. I'll be getting Season 3 of Batman Beyond and Season 1 of Batman tomorrow hopefully.

Batman Beyond doesn't have a proper ending, does it?[/quote]

There is a ending in JLU... well i dunno if you can call it a ending but it wraps up the story line.

[quote name='abhinav']There is a ending in JLU... well i dunno if you can call it a ending but it wraps up the story line.[/QUOTE]
It was a great ending to both Batman Beyond and JLU. Hell, the whole universe. Too bad they did another season after that...

[quote name='mkelehan']It was a great ending to both Batman Beyond and JLU. Hell, the whole universe. Too bad they did another season after that...[/quote]

Hey now, the 3rd season of JLU was worth it for Grudge Match alone. :bouncy:

[quote name='mkelehan']It was a great ending to both Batman Beyond and JLU. Hell, the whole universe. Too bad they did another season after that...[/quote]

I'm still wondering if they'll do the JL/JLU transition home video movie.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Hey now, the 3rd season of JLU was worth it for Grudge Match alone. :bouncy:[/quote]

Wait, I thought there was a third season of JLU, but according to the sticker on JLU season 2, that is supposed to be the final season. Now I'm confused.

bread's done
Back