Batman:The Animated Series $15-$20/Batman Beyond $15-$20/Justice League-$20 @Best Buy

Mojimbo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Saw this online, not sure if it's B&M as well.

Prices beat the DDD 20% sale by a couple of dollars and I've hardly ever seen these sets on sale at a B&M after release.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat125200050002

Batman: The Animated Series Volume 1 - $14.99

Volume 2, 3, 4 - $19.99 each​

Batman Beyond Season 1, 3 - $14.99 each

Season 2 $19.99​

Justice League of America Season 1, 2 - $19.99 each

Justice League Unlimited Season 1 - $19.99

Superman The Animated Series Volume 1, 2 - $14.99 each

**Register online to get a $10 certificate good on music, movies and games for every $100 spent on music, movies and games.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat124300050008&type=category

EDIT: Amazon also has some of these for the same price, plus free shipping on $25 or more and no tax.
(Thanks hero_icon_rolemodel!)

Batman Beyond Season 1,3: 14.99
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Beyond...1-6873717?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1183703180&sr=8-3
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Beyond...1-6873717?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1183703180&sr=8-1

Batman: TAS Vol 4: 19.99
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Animat...1-6873717?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1183703856&sr=8-2

Justice League Season 1: 19.99
http://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu...1-6873717?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1183703234&sr=8-2

Justice League Unlimited Season 1,2: 19.99
http://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu...1-6873717?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1183703234&sr=8-3
http://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu...1-6873717?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1183703234&sr=8-1

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Wait, I thought there was a third season of JLU, but according to the sticker on JLU season 2, that is supposed to be the final season. Now I'm confused.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it confuses some people. JLU S1 is actually S1 and S2 in one set. Thus, S2 is actually S3. Hope that clears things up ;-) If you want to get even more technical, some ppl reference the entire JL as one series, so JLU S1 is S3 after JL S1 and S2. :)

I gave in and bought all the volumes of Batman, but I kinda regret getting vol. 4 since it looks like it's the crappy later episodes after they changed the animation style. I have no interest in the Superman or JL ones since those shows never came close to the quality of Batman TAS.

I bought every set I could find at the Best Buy near me and got the rest online. The rest of the stuff finally shipped so I'll have 5 more sets to go through. I can't wait to watch that episode of Superman where Sups takes over for Bruce Wayne as Batman. That was such a hiliarious episode. Too bad they didn't include the last season of Justice League Unlimited otherwise I would have gotten that one as well.

I've been enjoying the commentaries on the sets too. The one commentary on the notoriously bad episode with the Farmer in Volume 4 of Batman is awesomely funny.

Got Batman season 4 today on a restock at my BB. Wish they had had season 2 and 3 though. Still, hopefully this deal will still be going tomorrow and I'll try either late tomorrow or sunday to pickup the other 2 sets at another BB as well as get season 3 of supes.

[quote name='Liontamer']I gave in and bought all the volumes of Batman, but I kinda regret getting vol. 4 since it looks like it's the crappy later episodes after they changed the animation style. I have no interest in the Superman or JL ones since those shows never came close to the quality of Batman TAS.[/quote]

JL/JLU superceded the quality of Batman TAS IMHO, but that's just me of course.

Some of the JLU stuff was good (I really liked the Jonah Hex episode), but overall, it really seemed hit or miss to me depending on who it featured. JL had a few good moments, but I just couldn't ever get into it. I never understood the inclusion of Hawkgirl, and I didn't like that they used John Stewart for GL instead of Hal. It always felt to me that they were trying to recapture the magic of Batman with Superman, JL, JLU, and Batman Beyond but could never quite get there. Mind you, they all had their moments, but the other series just weren't consistently good to me. To each his own, I guess.[quote name='hiccupleftovers']JL/JLU superceded the quality of Batman TAS IMHO, but that's just me of course.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Liontamer'] I have no interest in the Superman or JL ones since those shows never came close to the quality of Batman TAS.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, there, son. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, yes, but that one is sorely lacking some perspective. It might just be a matter of taste, but I'd argue the JL series is -- at its best -- on par with Batman TAS and sometimes better. S1 of JL may be weak, but no way is an episode such as Epilogue of JLU S1 not close to the quality of Batman TAS.

[quote name='Liontamer']Some of the JLU stuff was good (I really liked the Jonah Hex episode), but overall, it really seemed hit or miss to me depending on who it featured. JL had a few good moments, but I just couldn't ever get into it. I never understood the inclusion of Hawkgirl, and I didn't like that they used John Stewart for GL instead of Hal. It always felt to me that they were trying to recapture the magic of Batman with Superman, JL, JLU, and Batman Beyond but could never quite get there. Mind you, they all had their moments, but the other series just weren't consistently good to me. To each his own, I guess.[/quote]

I can agree with you on JL being John Stewart instead of Hal Jordan being kind of weird, but Hal makes plenty of guest appearances and John Stewart still worked out for the show.

Well i just got the entire Batman set for $78 after tax for instore pickup. Fantastic deal, one of the best animated shows ever and a very important part of my childhood.

Going to go get the last season of Batman Beyond in a bit. Cant believe that show was taken off the air yet all this other crap is still being shown.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Whoa, there, son. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, yes, but that one is sorely lacking some perspective. It might just be a matter of taste, but I'd argue the JL series is -- at its best -- on par with Batman TAS and sometimes better. S1 of JL may be weak, but no way is an episode such as Epilogue of JLU S1 not close to the quality of Batman TAS.[/QUOTE]
Well, I happen to be a huge DC fan in general (especialy the comics), and those other shows just never did much for me. I explained my view on them in my last post. I'm really starting to wonder why I even bother voicing an opinion around here since it seems like everyone always jumps all over me when I do (like the time I pointed out that I HATE Arrested Development). Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and my just happens to be that JL/JLU was nowhere close to the quality of Batman TAS. JLU was better than JL though. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. BTW, what episode was "Epilogue of JLU S1?" I'm not familiar with titles of episodes. As I said, some episodes of JLU were good, but it depended on who it featured. I liked the Jonah Hex episode and the one that adapted Alan Moore's classic comic "For the Man Who Has Everything" (which I cannot remember if it was an episode of JL or JLU).

[quote name='Liontamer']Well, I happen to be a huge DC fan in general (especialy the comics), and those other shows just never did much for me. I explained my view on them in my last post. I'm really starting to wonder why I even bother voicing an opinion around here since it seems like everyone always jumps all over me when I do (like the time I pointed out that I HATE Arrested Development). Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and my just happens to be that JL/JLU was nowhere close to the quality of Batman TAS. JLU was better than JL though. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. BTW, what episode was "Epilogue of JLU S1?" I'm not familiar with titles of episodes. As I said, some episodes of JLU were good, but it depended on who it featured. I liked the Jonah Hex episode and the one that adapted Alan Moore's classic comic "For the Man Who Has Everything" (which I cannot remember if it was an episode of JL or JLU).[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. I never got into JL or JLU because the storylines were just all over the place. Too many characters and backstories I guess. Batman TAS was more focused and, to me, more "darker," which I appreciated because I always thought of Batman as a great example of the classic Greek tragedy.

[quote name='joker______']is JLU season 2 on sale as well or no?

MR.J
HAHAHAHAHAHA[/QUOTE]

Nope, but Target has it regularly priced at $19.99 which is the cheapest I could find B&M (BB is $23.99 and Walmart is $21.xx).

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Nope, but Target has it regularly priced at $19.99 which is the cheapest I could find B&M (BB is $23.99 and Walmart is $21.xx).[/quote]

Fry's has it for $22.99 and I think I saw it at Suncoast the other day for $14.99.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Nope, but Target has it regularly priced at $19.99 which is the cheapest I could find B&M (BB is $23.99 and Walmart is $21.xx).[/QUOTE]

Amazon has it for $19.99, too. :)

[quote name='Liontamer']Well, I happen to be a huge DC fan in general (especialy the comics), and those other shows just never did much for me. I explained my view on them in my last post. I'm really starting to wonder why I even bother voicing an opinion around here since it seems like everyone always jumps all over me when I do (like the time I pointed out that I HATE Arrested Development). Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and my just happens to be that JL/JLU was nowhere close to the quality of Batman TAS. JLU was better than JL though. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. BTW, what episode was "Epilogue of JLU S1?" I'm not familiar with titles of episodes. As I said, some episodes of JLU were good, but it depended on who it featured. I liked the Jonah Hex episode and the one that adapted Alan Moore's classic comic "For the Man Who Has Everything" (which I cannot remember if it was an episode ofe JL or JLU).[/QUOTE]

The Epilogue one was the final episode of S1 (or S2 i guess since the boxed set represents both S1 and S2). I totally hear your view and sorry if it sounded like I was "jumping" on you -- by no means was I doing that. Like I said, you're entitled to your opinion. I agree it's a matter of taste and preference; JL is certainly different from Batman TAS. There's no way you can have the centric storylines of that series in a show that has dozens upon dozens of characters. IMHO, JL does a fantastic job of realizing characters in the timeframe it has vs. what most shows do (focus on a select core and do it for seasons on end). And may be it's something about the Batman but I'm tired of the character in general -- so JL represented a fresh eye towards many new characters and well, it always kept it fresh since there was so many to see and hear from.

Again, you're entitled to your opinion. IMHO, Batman TAS is very good -- near perfect at times -- with realizing storylines controlled and building on a few central characters. JL and JLU, on the other hand, I think is a much harder task to complete and an even harder story to tell with its many dimensions, faces and personalities. Given those extra difficulties, JL and JLU shine and are a forward evolution into the multi-layered story-telling found in more and more of today's shows. Batman TAS, in comparison, seem more simple and one-dimensional.

Thanks for heads up on restocking at B&M. Website says my store has them in now.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Got Batman season 4 today on a restock at my BB. Wish they had had season 2 and 3 though. Still, hopefully this deal will still be going tomorrow and I'll try either late tomorrow or sunday to pickup the other 2 sets at another BB as well as get season 3 of supes.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for my Seasons 2+ 3. According to tracking, they've been stuck in Redmond, CA since July 5. BestBuy won't do anything to check up on it until 8 business day's have passed. I'm at 8 today :/.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Wait, I thought there was a third season of JLU, but according to the sticker on JLU season 2, that is supposed to be the final season. Now I'm confused.[/quote]

My bad, I meant to say second.

Batman TAS was 1 of the best cartoons of the 90's & one of my personal favorites,i thought the JLU was something that need to be done & way over due,as a DC comics fan,seeing all those superheroes & yes even the bad ones was something ive always wanted 2 see,my personal favorite episode was called "Clash",where Superman & Captain Marvel finally duke it out, in my opinion they shouldve had more episodes to do with those too wouldve been nice & now with the upcoming Superman : Doomsday dvd i just hope they capture the comic & do it justice & not water it down for kids

I am sorry to say but the DVD quality is pretty bad for a DVD release on the Batman Season 1 set. The picture quality just looks poor... it does not take away from the show's quality but it feels like i'm watching a really good youtube port. Bah maybe it's just me after all thoes Bluray movies but if they expected to charge $40 for this set (let alone $20) then they needed to do some touch ups. Thats my two cents, i am enjoying the actual content of the shows.

Just bit for Batman Seasons 2, 3, and 4, Batman Beyond Season 3, and JLU Season 1 on Amazon for about $95 total shipped, and Batman Season 1 and Superman Season 1 for about $37 shipped from Best Buy.

I want to get the rest of the Justice League and Superman box sets (especially after reading that JLU spoils some JL and Superman Episodes), but that sudden $130 was a stretch, I doubt I could cough up another $100 for unexpected DVDs.

Hopefully I'll be able to scrounge up at least a little more for the first two JL's before the sale ends (on Amazon at least)...

my personal favorite episode was called "Clash",where Superman & Captain Marvel finally duke it out, in my opinion they shouldve had more episodes to do with those too wouldve been nice

I liked that episode a lot, too. I was surprised to see Jerry O'Connel did Captain Marvel's voice. I think there were some legal problems getting Captain Marvel into the series earlier, because he was originally supposed to be the new league member in "Hereafter" but they had to use Lobo instead.
I am sorry to say but the DVD quality is pretty bad for a DVD release on the Batman Season 1 set. The picture quality just looks poor... it does not take away from the show's quality but it feels like i'm watching a really good youtube port.
If you listened to the commentaries, they talked about how they had a lot of problems with cell dust. Namely, dust and other things just landing on cells when they were being photographed and it was especially noticiable since so much of the show was black. They said they figured out how to minimize it as it went on and eventually eliminate it when they went to computer coloring, but WB Home Video wasn't going to spend much money retouching this show. Heck a lot of their cartoons still aren't even on DVD.

Or were you talking about compression artifacts? Other than cheap menus in the first few volumes, I don't see any compression or transfer issues that aren't in all the Batman volumes.

For others interested, Batman Beyond S2 is $15 at www.buy.com right now, plus like $2 shipping.

I just picked up volumes 1-3 of Superman for 14.99 each. Volume 1 had finger prints on disc 2 though... it seems like I can't buy anything from Best Buy anymore without something being messed up.

[quote name='espy605']For others interested, Batman Beyond S2 is $15 at www.buy.com right now, plus like $2 shipping.[/QUOTE]

So... volumes 1 and 3 from amazon for 14.99 each with free shipping and no tax, and volume 3 from buy.com with shipping, seems better then dealing with Best Buy, I might just do this myself if I can't find anything better.

Now, does anyone know if Batman Beyond Return of the Joker is included in any of the three volumes?

[quote name='probablysober']So... volumes 1 and 3 from amazon for 14.99 each with free shipping and no tax, and volume 3 from buy.com with shipping, seems better then dealing with Best Buy, I might just do this myself if I can't find anything better.

Now, does anyone know if Batman Beyond Return of the Joker is included in any of the three volumes?[/QUOTE]
It isn't. I bought all 3 seasons and there is no Return of the Joker. Wish there was though.

[quote name='JokerCard']Return of the Joker was a seperate movie than the shows.

I reccomend picking it up though as its a really great watch.

It ranks right behind Mask of the Phantasm for me...

You can even find it for cheap now...less than $5 at times. But make sure you buy the uncut version.....I cant stress that enough. The edited version just plain sucks.

See for yourself here http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/beyond/backstage/rotjedits/[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thanks for the heads up but I remember hearing about the butchering done to that movie a while back when it first came out and from seeing it on tv compared to a.... ahem... downloaded version I had once upon a time. But I added to the uncut version to a random order to complete the Batman Beyond set.

That is complete unless I forgot something besides the three volumes and return of the joker.

Batman Beyond says "DC Classics" on the cover.

That makes me feel old since I remember when they started showing it which doesn't seem that long ago. :lol:

[quote name='whoknows']Batman Beyond says "DC Classics" on the cover.

That makes me feel old since I remember when they started showing it which doesn't seem that long ago. :lol:[/quote]

yeah that wasn't that old... i remember watching the first episode when it came on and i'm 18.

Did anyone else who bought Superman Volume one get a disc 1 that said volume two on it? Just wondering since the disc I got definitely has the first episodes on it, but just the wrong label that as far as I can tell matches disc 1 of volume two exactly in appearance.

[quote name='probablysober']Yeah, thanks for the heads up but I remember hearing about the butchering done to that movie a while back when it first came out and from seeing it on tv compared to a.... ahem... downloaded version I had once upon a time. But I added to the uncut version to a random order to complete the Batman Beyond set.

That is complete unless I forgot something besides the three volumes and return of the joker.[/quote]

Well the episode of Justice League Unlimited titled "Epilouge" on the Justice League Unlimited season 1 set (the last episode on the set) which is basically the final episode of Batman Beyond which goes several years into Terry's future and we see a bit more of how being Batman affects him as well as some other things about the character and his origin. In fact the creators of the show did not think that there was going to be another season and created this episode as sort of the "end of the DC animated universe."

There is also part of the two parter on the same set (episode 13) called "The Once and Future Thing" which is a time travel episode and deals with an alternate future Terry and Bruce (and features some amusing interaction b/w Batman and "old" Bruce).

I personally found Justice League Unlimited to be a fantastic show overall so if you can add the first set to your collection it is probably worth it.

There is also a crossover episode (episode 40) of the series Static Shock which features Terry when Static ends up in the future and has to help Batman rescue an older version of himself. Of course, the Static Shock series has not properly been released on DVD yet.

And know you know....

So, I take it these price drops are universal? In that case, I think I'll take my time before I get JL/U and possibly Superman.

[quote name='josh_animebum']Well the episode of Justice League Unlimited titled "Epilouge" on the Justice League Unlimited season 1 set (the last episode on the set) which is basically the final episode of Batman Beyond which goes several years into Terry's future and we see a bit more of how being Batman affects him as well as some other things about the character and his origin. In fact the creators of the show did not think that there was going to be another season and created this episode as sort of the "end of the DC animated universe."

There is also part of the two parter on the same set (episode 13) called "The Once and Future Thing" which is a time travel episode and deals with an alternate future Terry and Bruce (and features some amusing interaction b/w Batman and "old" Bruce).

I personally found Justice League Unlimited to be a fantastic show overall so if you can add the first set to your collection it is probably worth it.

There is also a crossover episode (episode 40) of the series Static Shock which features Terry when Static ends up in the future and has to help Batman rescue an older version of himself. Of course, the Static Shock series has not properly been released on DVD yet.

And know you know....[/QUOTE]

I already had all of justice league and watched it fairly regularly when it was first aired, never watched static shock though. So my DC comics DVD collection consists of All of Justic league (both regular and unlimited), all of superman, and now all of Batman Beyond. I'm not sure if I want to bite on the Batman Animated series just yet though.

And I watched one episode of the new batman and haven't watched it since.

EDIT

And for some odd reason my Amazon order of Batman Beyond seasons 1 & 3, and Return of the Joker got a random 5 dollars off (as well as the free shipping).

Return of the Joker was part of that buy 4 for 3 deal, but I didn't get anything else to qualify.

Was there some other promotion I just failed to notice when I made my order?

[quote name='probablysober']Did anyone else who bought Superman Volume one get a disc 1 that said volume two on it? Just wondering since the disc I got definitely has the first episodes on it, but just the wrong label that as far as I can tell matches disc 1 of volume two exactly in appearance.[/quote]

Yep. Must be a misprint.

[quote name='DV8']Just an FYI Circuit city has BB:S3 for 12.99[/QUOTE]
Is it in the ad or something, because its $19.99 on the website.

[quote name='agapens']All 3 seasons of Batman Beyond are 12.99 actually.[/QUOTE]
Where are you seeing this?

I would like to go price match since I already bought them.

[quote name='whoknows']Where are you seeing this?

I would like to go price match since I already bought them.[/QUOTE]

I just called up Circuit City to confirm this price and the Batman Beyond series is indeed $12.99 each. :)

Huh.

Well I bought S1 and 2 from Best Buy...to get them to price match do I tell them to call or what? They are still full price on CC's website.

bread's done
Back