Battlefield 3 (360/PS3) $20 Credit Promo BACK at Amazon

thegame956

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Deal is now live:

:360: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit
:ps3: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got done talking to customer service about dog tag they are clueless.. or maybe I am was the dog tag bonus included in last minute preorders ?

[quote name='VISCO']Are the Dog tags code inside the game ? I received my 20$ game credit but no code for any DLC[/QUOTE]
i recieved my dlc email, but no $20. my order also hasn't shipped, but since they dropped it to $10, i hope they don't give me the wrong amount. i'm scared to contact them about anything, lol.

[quote name='twztid13']i recieved my dlc email, but no $20. my order also hasn't shipped, but since they dropped it to $10, i hope they don't give me the wrong amount. i'm scared to contact them about anything, lol.[/QUOTE]

if you placed your order while the $20 was up, you have nothing to worry about.

[quote name='VISCO']Just got done talking to customer service about dog tag they are clueless.. or maybe I am was the dog tag bonus included in last minute preorders ?[/QUOTE]

Same here. Person said they would forward my issue to the marketing team and I would hear back in 24-48 hours. But they also said they'd send me a copy of the chat to my e-mail and I haven't seen that yet, so I'm not holding my breath.

When I ordered yesterday, it still said the dog tags were included, so as far as I'm concerned I should get them. If they weren't offering them anymore, then they should have updated the page. If I don't see an e-mail by tonight, I'll bug them again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my dog tag code last night and my $20 credit this morning. I don't know if I'll keep the dog tag pack, depends on how much I can get for it. Now I have to wait for the game and start killing some people.

For all of you guys freaking out for your promo credits and/or dog tags, give Amazon some time, they will email you those codes within 48hrs.
Did anyone else noticed that the ´Limited Edition´ for Ps3, Xbox 360 and PC is gone now? It seems that this was really´Limited´ :lol:

[quote name='FerDK']For all of you guys freaking out for your promo credits and/or dog tags, give Amazon some time, they will email you those codes within 48hrs.
Did anyone else noticed that the ´Limited Edition´ for Ps3, Xbox 360 and PC is gone now? It seems that this was really´Limited´ :lol:[/QUOTE]

Considering how ea handles limited editions this does shock me. Makes me feel even better that I got one in time :)

[quote name='FerDK']For all of you guys freaking out for your promo credits and/or dog tags, give Amazon some time, they will email you those codes within 48hrs.
Did anyone else noticed that the ´Limited Edition´ for Ps3, Xbox 360 and PC is gone now? It seems that this was really´Limited´ :lol:[/QUOTE]

yea was on amazon earlier and the game was oos at one point lol...

[quote name='Jodou']They actually sold out of the PS3 LE which was a new one on me. Never seen that happen before on launch day.[/QUOTE]

It looks like ea and sonys marketing for this game worked

[quote name='Jodou']They actually sold out of the PS3 LE which was a new one on me. Never seen that happen before on launch day.[/QUOTE]

Neither do I.
With all the pre-order promo credit they just gave out, I bet we´ll see another of those awful "All Day Gold Box Video Game Deals" next Tuesday...

I thought the limited edition was for preorders only (and maybe the first few actual purchases) - I know they said it would truly be limited.

I ordered late last night so still waiting on DLC and credit.

The LE is going to be limited because the Karkand pack is going to be $15 later. Why throw away $15 the entire life of the game? Plus this is their marketing gimmick. "Only X number of people are going to get Return to Karkand free so buy it now." Simple as that.

The Back to Karkland pack isn't even released to those who got the LE, right? It's just a code that will be used to get it free when it hits? I went ahead and got the standard from Amazon and will buy the pack when it comes out. I thought on the LE users had early access, doesn't seen so bad now.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']imho 360 looks better after the packs are installed. dont know if you guys saw this, but i thought it was worth looking at http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-battlefield-3-screenshot-comparison/[/QUOTE]

Lots of people are making the mistake of thinking the 360 version looks better because of this article. Apparently the masses are just looking at the screenshots and not reading any of the captions. The PS3 textures take a tiny bit longer to stream in than the 360 (a bug). They both utilize the same textures. This is a bug that I'm sure DICE will address.

On the flip side, the PS3 has a different, and much better, dynamic lighting system that is simply not present in the 360 version. So technically (especially after DICE addresses the slight streaming issue on PS3), the PS3 version is the superior version of the game.

But in the end, who really cares? Buy it for the system you have or system of choice and have at it!

[quote name='thrustbucket']I don't see any evidence of better lighting on the ps3 on that site.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NPqWirD7Yug#

It can be subtle at times, and more prevalent in others. Aside from overall better bloom effects, you will see the superior lighting effects taking place in areas like the subway. Go to 1:24 and notice the surface lighting around the subway tunnel, on top of the train, and weapon itself.

Like I said, it's not a major aspect, and both games look outstanding. But the PS3 version does utilize a slightly superior lighting system.

Well I was right to worry. CS chat said I would get the codes by Oct 31 but I didn't trust that so I emailed them. They emailed me back and are denying me the second $20 credit and dog tag codes. I emailed them back that I have 2 things in writing from them that say I am supposed to get the credits and they would be committing fraud if they don't give me the codes. Phone call is next. I could have done 2 orders on 2 names and addresses easily if it was clear that was what was needed to get the credits. If after the phone call and no codes they are getting the second game back and I'll take advantage of one of the B&M retailer deals.

[quote name='Aerc']I bought two copies of Battlefield 3 and was surprised to actually get 2 x $20 credits.[/QUOTE]

I am surprised they are denying mine. Never had a problem with this before and got 2 games with 2 codes many times. Did you do separate orders?

I have to use my $20 dollar credit by the end of the week apparently. Is it like a coupon code or does it add money to my account? Also if it's a coupon code, can I pre-order a game now and then get the credit deal they have for it later?

I've played some of the campaign missions and I have to say that dice has made the haters eat their words ! The lighting effects are some of the best I've ever seen and the graphics are Sharp and amazing. The frame rate is locked in from what I can see and that texture pack on the ps3 version works perfectly. The only thing I really don't like about this game is the loading screens in between missions. Dice should have had a cut scene in between missions while the next mission is loading as you are watching the cut scene. Besides from that little gripe (which isn't a huge deal) battlefield 3 kicks ass ! Eat it haters :)

[quote name='Dalerax']Still waiting on mine. Got the credit though.[/QUOTE]

I got mine around 8 in the morning. Im surprised that some people haven't gotten it yet. I'm in the process of selling it

Received and sold my dog tag pack already. Also received the $20 credit code, which I'll pin to Uncharted 3, but I'm still holding out that Amazon pins a $10 or hopefully $20 credit on it. Actually already sold Battlefield 3. It just wasn't something I felt I would play a lot.

I have redeemed Amazons DogTag dlc but they not showing up at my soldiers DT menu,how many are included? All i see is N7 and classic BF2 tag..let me know fellaz.

[quote name='Tropicat']

I am surprised they are denying mine. Never had a problem with this before and got 2 games with 2 codes many times. Did you do separate orders?[/QUOTE]

I did. I order my copy in June and then I ordered my cousins copy in September. I only got 1 dog tag pack though. Not something I really cared about either.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']The dog tags are pretty lame IMO, but whatever, free is free.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, some of them look like they were drawn by a 2-year-old lol.

I didn't get either the codes for the dog-tags or the $10GC....I DID get the $20.....but I hope that there will be the $10 also....anyone else in a similar situation?

[quote name='grantme']The Back to Karkland pack isn't even released to those who got the LE, right? It's just a code that will be used to get it free when it hits? I went ahead and got the standard from Amazon and will buy the pack when it comes out. I thought on the LE users had early access, doesn't seen so bad now.[/QUOTE]
Wait a second....

You would rather pay $60 now for a vanilla edition of the game with no free upgrade to the LE that gives you a code for the $15 expansion pack later on and by doing so have to pay that $15 to get said content when it's released? Really?:whistle2:s

It's your money, I suppose. But I'm glad I got the LE, since I can sell off the dogtag code AND the Karkand code and get this game for basically $35 if both of the codes sell for $25 combined. To each their own though...

bread's done
Back