Battlefield 3 (360/PS3) $20 Credit Promo BACK at Amazon

thegame956

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Deal is now live:

:360: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit
:ps3: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DP2']I dunno about that. To get the coupons you need to use their 'please send me spam' card, and who needs that many new releases so quickly? I'd wait until those games hit $30 instead of paying $40 for half of them. Not to mention making so many trips.[/QUOTE]
The SYWR card is just more money made to save even more on games. It's only like a penny for every dollar, but if you buy a game that = about .60 cents. Also they have deals like a recent spend $45 get $5 in SYWR points (which you could do 3x). And starting tomorrow is spend $20 on Doritos/Mountain Dew get a $10 gaming coupon. So yeah it's worth it since all this is on top of the already kick ass normal deals.

And the whole needing releases quickly argument doesn't make sense here if we're talking Amazon vs Kmart since Amazon wont have the $20 credit later either. Kmarts coupons arent valid for nearly as long but the 42 days they are is plenty for most.

I hate when people complain about the spam part of SYWR rewards. If you're too stupid to open a new gmail account, you don't deserve the savings/coupons.

The fuck man. Why they bring this up only a few days before release?! I was holding out as long as possible before preordering before finally pulling the trigger on Gamestop, with their trade 3 in get extra $10 deal, just two days ago. I totally would have went for this because I'd use that $20 towards MW3.

I don't like paying tax and Kmart didn't have the collectors edition (I want the statue) so no $30 for me... but I am glad I saw this thread cause I just ordered it and got the $20 to use for whatever game I decide to order. AND, I'm gonna use the one I pre-ordered at gamestop and put it towards AC: revelations

[quote name='emceelokey']The fuck man. Why they bring this up only a few days before release?! I was holding out as long as possible before preordering before finally pulling the trigger on Gamestop, with their trade 3 in get extra $10 deal, just two days ago. I totally would have went for this because I'd use that $20 towards MW3.[/QUOTE]
What Ive been doing now is picking up my preorders and then just returning them to a different Gamestop on my way to pick up Kmarts deals.

MW multiplayer sucks ass. MW3 might be a rental for the campaign but all the talent left Infinity Ward already.

Dice has never let me down and even though the beta was sketchy I have full faith in BF3.

tried to order this but soo many problems with Amazon :bomb:

I first pre-ordered MW3 to use up promo credit since I wanted to use GC credit on BF3. I try to pre-order BF3 but get a "slight problem with your order (see below)" error message when I click the button to use my address. I delete/edit my address and delete/edit my cc but same problem. I can MW3 pre-order and try pre-ordering Skyrim but same problem. I try BF3 same problem. I try to pre-order MW3 again but problem! I delete cookies, and it seems my Amazon site layout is different in ff. I try Chrome (same old layout) but same problem when trying to pre-order. I delete cookies in ff and the layout returns back to normal! I add an in stock item to my cart and same problem!

tl;dr
atm I can only add items to my cart. when I get to the "Shipping & Payment" step, there's an error message
Code:
[B]Important Message[/B]

There is a slight problem with your order. (See below.)
when I click "Ship to this address". There is no read text indicating what the problem may be such as when I leave out my zip code in my address there WILL be a similar message and red text indicating that I need to enter a zip code...

It last worked when I pre-ordered MW3 which I have already canceled.

EDIT
just ordered a used book from a 3rd party with no problems. canceled it then tried something from Amazon... still same problem :bomb: this better not be a ban sign

EDIT 2
This might have something to do with this new "Amazon Locker" program (seems dumb imo) that recently started in NYC... I will try out family address in other states in the morning :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jdb230']Then go to the k-mart thread to post how great it is for you... Serioulsy, I agree that amazon has been slacking when it comes to offering $20 credits for most new releases where as k-mart almost always has...but you need to keep in mind that not everyone has a k-mart close by. My nearest is about a 30 minute drive, and when I did try to get the deals when k-mart first started, the employees were clueless and never had stock on release day or any of the bonus items/promotions. So it wasn't worth it for me. Also, a huge bonus for me, Amazon does trade ins (and some values are pretty nice) so I almost never have to pay actual cash for my games or other items I buy from amazon as a result. Also, the tax free plus free release day delivery (prime member, otherwise its only $0.99) is a nice little bonus. I usually like picking up collector/limited editions, something that K-mart rarely ever stocks, not to mention the bonus dlc/items amazon almost always includes....which I don't really care about personally, but fools on ebay don't seem to mind paying $20-30 for, so its even more of bonus for me. To each their own, but keep your k-mart loving to the k-mart thread.[/QUOTE]

I tell you what, I will keep my K-mart loving to whatever thread I decide to keep it in. Noone likes a wiseguy, so don't be one. Like I previously stated, K-mart is the place to go.

I don't want to read though 30 pages but I emailed them after my buddy sent me the email (I didn't get it) and they are applying my $20 credit when the game ships. I had it on preorder for a couple months now so:
-----------------------------
Hello,

I'm writing to follow up on our recent conversation regarding the $20.00 promotional credit for your recent purchase of the "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition" video game.

I've received a confirmation from the appropriate department regarding this issue.

I've checked your order details and can confirm that your order is qualified to receive the $20.00 promotional credit. You will receive the promotional credit code when the order ships.

Thanks for your patience and understanding in this matter.

I hope this helps resolves your concerns. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

[quote name='bromans12']I tell you what, I will keep my K-mart loving to whatever thread I decide to keep it in. Noone likes a wiseguy, so don't be one. Like I previously stated, K-mart is the place to go.[/QUOTE]

Great for you duuuuuude!
In my case, Amazon is the place to go ;)

Hey what if I preorder it and i decide to return in since, I don't know if my wife is gonna buy it for me once it comes out but if I return it do I still keep the $20 certificate or no?

[quote name='Zombiefacekilla1951']Hey what if I preorder it and i decide to return in since, I don't know if my wife is gonna buy it for me once it comes out but if I return it do I still keep the $20 certificate or no?[/QUOTE]

no

[quote name='Zombiefacekilla1951']Hey what if I preorder it and i decide to return in since, I don't know if my wife is gonna buy it for me once it comes out but if I return it do I still keep the $20 certificate or no?[/QUOTE]

I have a similar question to this so maybe you guys can help me out. If I go to Best Buy and do not buy anything, will the cashier hand me money?

[quote name='Parathod']I have a similar question to this so maybe you guys can help me out. If I go to Best Buy and do not buy anything, will the cashier hand me money?[/QUOTE]

Only if you walkin like you own the place, goto CS and bitch, complain and make it seem like they owe you the 20 bucks.

You guys are giving him shit but i ordered gow3 with the credit, my gf picked it up for me as a surprise early that tues morning before ups came so i returned my amazon copy and they never took back the credit

I probably shouldnt post that cause se CAG will try to take full advantage of this with 100 copies and ruin all future deals

[quote name='chris916']You guys are giving him shit but i ordered gow3 with the credit, my gf picked it up for me as a surprise early that tues morning before ups came so i returned my amazon copy and they never took back the credit

I probably shouldnt post that cause se CAG will try to take full advantage of this with 100 copies and ruin all future deals[/QUOTE]

You are correct they don't take back the $x.xx video game credit from your account when you return a game. They DO take the $x.xx credit from your total refund though, look at your refund breakdown...

What I do if I can't wait is I buy at Walmart at midnight release and return the Amazon copy a few days later. I'll be doing this with BF3, i'm a night owl and pass WM at about 11:30 nightly sooooo I abuse them borrowing games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris916
You guys are giving him shit but i ordered gow3 with the credit, my gf picked it up for me as a surprise early that tues morning before ups came so i returned my amazon copy and they never took back the credit

I probably shouldnt post that cause se CAG will try to take full advantage of this with 100 copies and ruin all future deals

You are correct they don't take back the $x.xx video game credit from your account when you return a game. They DO take the $x.xx credit from your total refund though, look at your refund breakdown...

What I do if I can't wait is I buy at Walmart at midnight release and return the Amazon copy a few days later. I'll be doing this with BF3, i'm a night owl and pass WM at about 11:30 nightly sooooo I abuse them borrowing games.

Alright just wondering since my B-Day is coming up and I have a feeling that she is gonna get for me as a surprise and thanks =D

Hey anyone else receive their 20$ promo credit for BF3 yet? I didnt get an email yet but was gonna pick up saw 2 for $6 bucks and it came out free so i check added another game and it was a total of $20 credit. Plus my bf3 hasnt even shipped yet!

[quote name='BuDdyLe']Hey anyone else receive their 20$ promo credit for BF3 yet? I didnt get an email yet but was gonna pick up saw 2 for $6 bucks and it came out free so i check added another game and it was a total of $20 credit. Plus my bf3 hasnt even shipped yet![/QUOTE]

No. But my item has not shipped. Amazon says you will receive an email within two days AFTER your item ships.

So When did yours ship?

[quote name='JungleRot']No. But my item has not shipped. Amazon says you will receive an email within two days AFTER your item ships.

So When did yours ship?[/QUOTE]
Mine hasn't shipped yet either and I took the $.99 release day shipping. Hopefully they intend on shipping before the end of the day tomorrow or I'll likely NOT receive it on release day unless it comes 'man in a van' like their overnight shipping.:)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Mine hasn't shipped yet either and I took the $.99 release day shipping. Hopefully they intend on shipping before the end of the day tomorrow or I'll likely NOT receive it on release day unless it comes 'man in a van' like their overnight shipping.:)[/QUOTE]

My internal calendar is off I thought release wasn't until Wednesday. Amazon is going to have a lot of overnight shipments going out tomorrow or not. ;)

I wish they'd offer the $.99 shipping on more stuff and have it be the speedier shipping, since free super saver is meh at best.

I'm still debating what to use the $20 credit on. Do I use it on another game with a $20 credit(LOTR: WITN) or do I use it on something releasing NEXT week(Uncharted 3) that I don't think even has a credit promo applied to it yet or do I just hold onto it and hope there's a good sale on a game I want that I can apply it to.

Most if not all of my orders I have made with Amazon FSSS this year have shipped with Ontrac. Hopefully RDD also ships with Ontrac since they usually get to my house no later than 12pm.

It was nice when I had Prime, since everything shipped out(or at least changed to shipping soon/shipped) within 2-3 hours at most and arrived within two days. That's why I'm glad they offered the $1 shipping for RDD, since there's no way I'd pay $6 to ship with their standard shipping that I know from personal experience takes MAYBE $3 to ship FCM with DC.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I wish they'd offer the $.99 shipping on more stuff and have it be the speedier shipping, since free super saver is meh at best.

I'm still debating what to use the $20 credit on. Do I use it on another game with a $20 credit(LOTR: WITN) or do I use it on something releasing NEXT week(Uncharted 3) that I don't think even has a credit promo applied to it yet or do I just hold onto it and hope there's a good sale on a game I want that I can apply it to.[/QUOTE]
You should get the new Alan Hollinghurst novel.

I'm Usually good with preordering things ahead of time however I just started a new job and I got paid on Saturday, so the earliest I can deposit my check is tomorrow morning. You think this credit will still be available along with all the other preorder stuff? Never preordered last minute before.

[quote name='pplcallmeGOD']I'm Usually good with preordering things ahead of time however I just started a new job and I got paid on Saturday, so the earliest I can deposit my check is tomorrow morning. You think this credit will still be available along with all the other preorder stuff? Never preordered last minute before.[/QUOTE]

If I heard correctly the $20 credit promotion will last until the game is officially released so I think you can make it.

Cancelled pre-order $47.99 from newegg & used my $20 credit from Gears of War 3 on amazon = $41 + release day delivery + $20 credit can't go wrong :D THANKS AMAZING-ZON

[quote name='strait edge follower']I might use the 20$ credit on ass creed or a amazon black friday deal[/QUOTE]

Amazon's Ass Creed deal is lame. Altair costume and no credit. If I'm paying full price for Revelations, I want Gamestop's Signature Edition. That thing is loaded with great extras.

[quote name='pplcallmeGOD']I'm Usually good with preordering things ahead of time however I just started a new job and I got paid on Saturday, so the earliest I can deposit my check is tomorrow morning. You think this credit will still be available along with all the other preorder stuff? Never preordered last minute before.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure you can still pre-order tomorrow for the deal. Usually you can pre-order up until the date actually arrives for release.

I just cancelled newegg and did the amazon pre-order. If it was a video game credit I would think on it, but a amazon.com $20 credit is nice!

[quote name='MillionBlades']Cancelled pre-order $47.99 from newegg & used my $20 credit from Gears of War 3 on amazon = $41 + release day delivery + $20 credit can't go wrong :D THANKS AMAZING-ZON[/QUOTE]

lol I did almost the same thing. Except I canceled my amazon skyrim order, ordered it at newegg.com for $47.99. Now I'm gonna order bf3 from amazon using my gow3 $20 credit and I'll get $20 credit back....maybe for mw3, haven't decided yet.

Is this game worth the preorder? I know it is 100% worth the buy but a preorder? The BF2 servers are a mess for a long time now and worse the last few days. Then i had issues with connecting to certain EA games since they did the server shutdowns in aug for some games. They made me do some tracing and other stuff and then after all that work 2 times they both told me it was them that had issues with some people and are working on it. That was in august which is long ago. I know so many people that have the issue since aug as well. I used to work for a ISP and was well knowledged in it. So i know how to do all the basics and more complex stuff. So i always knew it was not me or my internet service cause i did trouble shooting many times before i even contacting them like most people should do. :) No my net does not suck i pay good money not to have some cheap net.

There is also that first few weeks or months a game has serious bugs and server issues as well.

So i am on the fence of keeping my preorder. Does anyone feel the same way as i do? My common sense is cancel and run fast away! My addiction and want to play this so bad pulls me back in. Do i really want to deal with the early bugs pre patch stuff and crappy EA servers or just wait for halo annv? I am not in a rush for MW3 never a fan of the online community to many cheaters i see on there and yes i can tell when they cheat 90% of the time. It is not hard to see if there cheating.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Is this game worth the preorder? I know it is 100% worth the buy but a preorder? The BF2 servers are a mess for a long time now and worse the last few days. Then i had issues with connecting to certain EA games since they did the server shutdowns in aug for some games. They made me do some tracing and other stuff and then after all that work 2 times they both told me it was them that had issues with some people and are working on it. That was in august which is long ago. I know so many people that have the issue since aug as well. I used to work for a ISP and was well knowledged in it. So i know how to do all the basics and more complex stuff. So i always knew it was not me or my internet service cause i did trouble shooting many times before i even contacting them like most people should do. :) No my net does not suck i pay good money not to have some cheap net.

There is also that first few weeks or months a game has serious bugs and server issues as well.

So i am on the fence of keeping my preorder. Does anyone feel the same way as i do? My common sense is cancel and run fast away! My addiction and want to play this so bad pulls me back in. Do i really want to deal with the early bugs pre patch stuff and crappy EA servers or just wait for halo annv? I am not in a rush for MW3 never a fan of the online community to many cheaters i see on there and yes i can tell when they cheat 90% of the time. It is not hard to see if there cheating.[/QUOTE]

I preordered it for the simple fact that you are getting the game for $40 effectively (since I and others treat AMZ credit as cash since most order lots from AMZ and you can spend it on virtually anything). Worse comes to worse I can trade it to BBY for $40 ($25 base plus 50% bonus + 10% unlocked = $40, there is no way that this game will be less than $25 TiV). Which can then be converted back to AMZ credit.

From playing the Beta this could be a great game, but the beta was pretty plagued with bad features/coding. Hopefully they fixed these issues and listened to the community on how to improve the game. If they did this could be the FPS GOTY.

Anyone else love playing this game of buying/selling games? I probably spend more time buying/selling/flipping games then playing the games themselves.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Is this game worth the preorder? I know it is 100% worth the buy but a preorder? The BF2 servers are a mess for a long time now and worse the last few days. Then i had issues with connecting to certain EA games since they did the server shutdowns in aug for some games. They made me do some tracing and other stuff and then after all that work 2 times they both told me it was them that had issues with some people and are working on it. That was in august which is long ago. I know so many people that have the issue since aug as well. I used to work for a ISP and was well knowledged in it. So i know how to do all the basics and more complex stuff. So i always knew it was not me or my internet service cause i did trouble shooting many times before i even contacting them like most people should do. :) No my net does not suck i pay good money not to have some cheap net.

So i am on the fence of keeping my preorder. Does anyone feel the same way as i do? My common sense is cancel and run fast away! My addiction and want to play this so bad pulls me back in. Do i really want to deal with the early bugs pre patch stuff and crappy EA servers or just wait for halo annv? I am not in a rush for MW3 never a fan of the online community to many cheaters i see on there and yes i can tell when they cheat 90% of the time. It is not hard to see if there cheating.[/QUOTE]

definitely going to be the best fps this year.. it will be a great game..just pre-order it :bouncy:...also i doubt there will be any major cheating on mw3 because black-ops has been mostly cheating-free for the entire year...but yeah the community isn't that great.

You also get the Karkand expansion pack (retail for $15 a month after release) included. If you don't like it in a month, sell that and trade in the game. Otherwise, you can save even more $$$ since we all know how awesome Karkand and the other Middle East maps were in BF2.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Amazon's Ass Creed deal is lame. Altair costume and no credit. If I'm paying full price for Revelations, I want Gamestop's Signature Edition. That thing is loaded with great extras.[/QUOTE]

After what we witnessed with our occupy amazon protest that no credit thing might change lol. I'm also Considering waiting for bestbuy's @ gamer mag to see of a coupon for ass creed will be in it. I'm confident that the November or December one will have one and I could then stack it with a sale like I did with the gow and ico collections

Not sure why you guys are arguing here, BUT K-Mart and Amazon are two totally different entities and work depending on what deals are going on. I got the $30 Arkham City (Lol, I've yet to play the game though) and I have the $20 GOW Credit. I preordered Skyrim with my credit and will get another game (not sure what though) with my $30 credit.

From my expeience, Amazon is a little better when it comes to when you'll get your credit. I went to K-mart and you MIGHT walk out empty handed if you don't pay attention (the first time my transaction was processed, no coupon). The again, depends on your history with 'em.

I pre-ordered this last week (prior to the offical $20 back) but have not got any emails other than the order confirmation. Should I expect an email telling me about the $20 crdit or will that simply happen after it ships?

[quote name='WakYasuk']definitely going to be the best fps this year.. it will be a great game..just pre-order it :bouncy:...also i doubt there will be any major cheating on mw3 because black-ops has been mostly cheating-free for the entire year...but yeah the community isn't that great.[/QUOTE]

Don't agree. I was curious about Battlefield 3 but the beta ruined everything for me. Even if I had vehicles, I don't see the draw.

[quote name='WakYasuk']definitely going to be the best fps this year.. it will be a great game..just pre-order it :bouncy:...also i doubt there will be any major cheating on mw3 because black-ops has been mostly cheating-free for the entire year...but yeah the community isn't that great.[/QUOTE]

Wak, did you play the beta? I had the special 2 day access to it from Medal of honor, and could not get a game to connect. What does that tell you. Also, the one map I played (days later), felt a lot like medal of honor online. A sniper fest.

Until a game is actually released, how can anyone say it is the best ever. We all thought that for GOW 2 and look what the did to that.

But, with the $20 credit and the edition upgrade, it would be hard to pass up unless you plan on waiting for a year for the ultimate edition.

bread's done
Back