Battlefield 3 (360/PS3) $20 Credit Promo BACK at Amazon

thegame956

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Deal is now live:

:360: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit
:ps3: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kouleefoh']ahh thanks! I was freaking out :lol:[/QUOTE]

Game also comes with a M1911 pistol but you have to go thru the EA website BS to get it

[quote name='iRandom']Game also comes with a M1911 pistol but you have to go thru the EA website BS to get it[/QUOTE]
Thanks again, I'll have to check that out. I'm a noob when it comes to bonus stuff. I just realize 2 days ago that there was a Catwoman code in my Batman AC :lol:. Son of a b*tch, I sold 3 copies without knowing it was in there. Only took out the Robin code.

[quote name='kouleefoh']damn the dog tags are going for $10 ish on ebay huh? Guess you can really milk this LE pre-order.[/QUOTE]

If you're looking at it from a flipping perspective. The Preorder bonus sells for $15, the game $40, The code $25. So that's $80 on a game that cost $60 with a $20 GC. Effectively doubling your money for cash.

The BBY flippers have credit built up and could have used it as 1 of the 5/$100. Meaning the same as above and getting one of the 5/$100 out of the way all while converting their BBY credit into cash.

Neither of these take into account the discount they got from flipping games to BBY.

That's my estimation on the preorder.

eBay removed my Dog Tag auction, apparently selling DLC is not allowed? If anyone wants to buy it for $10 and flip it elsewhere or even take their chances on eBay, PM me.

Just a question, whats up with the promo code? I try to redem it just like a gift card but it says it's invalid. Can I only apply the code on the summary page?

[quote name='mgford11']eBay removed my Dog Tag auction, apparently selling DLC is not allowed? If anyone wants to buy it for $10 and flip it elsewhere or even take their chances on eBay, PM me.[/QUOTE]

were you shipping via emailing the code? ive had a few auctions cancel for trying to email a code, nono apparently

[quote name='the8055']Just a question, whats up with the promo code? I try to redem it just like a gift card but it says it's invalid. Can I only apply the code on the summary page?[/QUOTE]
TRy this page
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000519721#gc

I had 2 hiccups while doing it, says server error or something, but it worked. Weird is I don't see the promo show up at all. In the past, it still showed up under digital downloads credits, but I don't see it at all but it applies fine.

[quote name='strait edge follower']What did you use it on ? I still can't decide[/QUOTE]
Havent used it yet. Thinking Dead island but kinda hope to pay $30-35 for used since I still have my case and manual from before.:lol:
Or apply to uncharted 3 and forget about my BB pre-order.

*is it just me or Amazon site loads really slow today? *nm it was me haha

[quote name='kouleefoh']Havent used it yet. Thinking Dead island but kinda hope to pay $30-35 for used since I still have my case and manual from before.:lol:
Or apply to uncharted 3 and forget about my BB pre-order.

*is it just me or Amazon site loads really slow today? *nm it was me haha[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking about using it on dead island and then flipping it

is there a way to apply credit like this to a preorder that is already placed? i preordered skyrim a while ago, would like this credit to go towards that when released

[quote name='bajingo']is there a way to apply credit like this to a preorder that is already placed? i preordered skyrim a while ago, would like this credit to go towards that when released[/QUOTE]

Just cancel it and preorder it using the code :)

[quote name='bajingo']is there a way to apply credit like this to a preorder that is already placed? i preordered skyrim a while ago, would like this credit to go towards that when released[/QUOTE]
Ask a rep bout it. Can't u just cancel and pre-order again?

[quote name='Smike']In the game, you have a customizable dog tag that your enemies can see when you kill them, and they can also collect them when they knife you. The code is for a unique set of 10 designs that you can't unlock by playing the game.[/QUOTE]

thanks

[quote name='gamecube ichiban']does anyone know where on Amazon.com you can view promo credit balances?[/QUOTE]
Go into the MP3 section and you should be able to view it on there, I believe.

Click on any random MP3 and then it'll give you a chance to click a small link under the links to buy the MP3 that says to redeem a gc, etc.

It says 'redeem a gift card or promotion code and view balance' and it'll show you what your balances are from gc's, promo codes and such.;) It should be listed under 'software/video games' for the $20 promo credit and/or under MP3 balance since it also does work for those.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Go into the MP3 section and you should be able to view it on there, I believe.

Click on any random MP3 and then it'll give you a chance to click a small link under the links to buy the MP3 that says to redeem a gc, etc.

Here's the shortcut for it: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1322997382&pf_rd_i=163856011#[/QUOTE]

thanks
I just viewed mine, and for some reason it shows a $10 Software/Video game credit instead of the $20 for BF3.
I did have a $10 credit, but I used it when ordering BF3 last week...

uggh.

[quote name='gamecube ichiban']thanks
I just viewed mine, and for some reason it shows a $10 Software/Video game credit instead of the $20 for BF3.

uggh.[/QUOTE]
I believe the box that mentioned the $20 promo credit for BF3 said it was a CODE, so maybe you have to go into your email and look for said code and redeem it as it may not automatically be deposited into your Amazon account.

Both the $20 promotional credit as well as the dog tags were e-mailed to me this morning.

edit: In my case it wasn't a code, it's credit deposited directly to my account. Also, the expiration date is 10/31/12.

[quote name='gamecube ichiban']thanks

uggh.[/QUOTE]

You need to use the bf3 20$ code at the final stage of checkout

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I believe the box that mentioned the $20 promo credit for BF3 said it was a CODE, so maybe you have to go into your email and look for said code and redeem it as it may not automatically be deposited into your Amazon account.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this. It is a CODE, mine was mailed about 9 am this morning. Got my DLC code about 4 am.

I keep forgetting about the rule on this: since they gave it as a promotional code instead of future credit, if I don't use up all $20 on an order, does that mean I forfeit the remaining value?

[quote name='VISCO']Are the Dog tags code inside the game ? I received my 20$ game credit but no code for any DLC[/QUOTE]

Same here, $20 credit, but no dog tag code. Guess I'll have to contact them...

Ok question guys. I was one of those that got the infamous email last week and the original poster of this thread, so I was one of those that went through chat with amazon about the $20 preorder credit and was given $20 instant credit. Now I also received $20 preorder credit meaning I got 2 $20 credits, any one else get this???? So I ended paying 19.95 for my copy lol craZy.!

[quote name='iRandom']Game also comes with a M1911 pistol but you have to go thru the EA website BS to get it[/QUOTE]
Gunclub gives me an error every single time I try to log in. Anyone else getting this?

[quote name='Jodou']Gunclub gives me an error every single time I try to log in. Anyone else getting this?[/QUOTE]

Yea same for me, launch date servers...

I got my dog tags code this morning along with my $20 code. I did not try to enter either of them yet. The game has not even arrived yet i love it! :)

[quote name='thegame956']Ok question guys. I was one of those that got the infamous email last week and the original poster of this thread, so I was one of those that went through chat with amazon about the $20 preorder credit and was given $20 instant credit. Now I also received $20 preorder credit meaning I got 2 $20 credits, any one else get this???? So I ended paying 19.95 for my copy lol craZy.![/QUOTE]

Yep...used the instant $20 credit to order the game, and now received the $20 promo credit.

[quote name='elvis731']Same here, $20 credit, but no dog tag code. Guess I'll have to contact them...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'll give em till tonight

got my credit and dog tags before 6am today, waiting for the delivery, its been out for delivery the last 4 hrs

Anyone else randomly get a $10 promo credit added to their account in addition to the $20 promo code that was emailed?? So happy :D Saints Row for $34

[quote name='ddog510']Anyone else randomly get a $10 promo credit added to their account in addition to the $20 promo code that was emailed?? So happy :D Saints Row for $34[/QUOTE]

So I wasn't the only one who got that mysterious 10$ promo credit a few days ago. I used it on battlefield. I knew it wasnt the batman credit as I used that on the 3 copys of saw 2 the game that I ordered. I hope this mystery credit keeps on popping up !

[quote name='Kaiser499']What were the pre-order bonuses at various locations anyone know?[/QUOTE]
Amazon - Dog Tags
Best Buy - Kit Upgrade
Gamestop - Early Mutliplayer Unlock Weapons

I think Best Buy might be the better one since the skins have multi camo that can actually benefit the game, while Amazon only has customizable dog tags for your character to wear that your enemy can use as a trophy when he kills you, and Gamestop is just early access. But hey, to each his own.

I've noticed that the last 2 Amazon credits I got are actually codes only good for video game / electronics purchase, rather than all around credit.

Anyone else getting this?

[quote name='Jcaugustine']I've noticed that the last 2 Amazon credits I got are actually codes only good for video game / electronics purchase, rather than all around credit.

Anyone else getting this?[/QUOTE]

That's strange. I assume you got battlefield as well ? If so mine says I could use it on all types of items so you should have it too

My amazon shipment got delayed. If I buy BF3 from Walmart - can I return my Amazon copy to Walmart with the receipt and get my money back? I would like to play this today.

[quote name='strait edge follower']That's strange. I assume you got battlefield as well ? If so mine says I could use it on all types of items so you should have it too[/QUOTE]
Oops, you're right.

I read the "certain exclusions" applied wrong.

But the fact that they give it to you as a code is a little weird, rather than depositing it in your account.

Argh! Some people are getting double credits and I can only get one for 2 games. CS chat said it will be emailed by Oct 31. Not good enough. If I'm not getting the credit I'll get the game somewhere else and return one game. All the other retailers promotions are this week so I sent them a email with a deadline. Never had a problem with this in the past and we always get 2 copies of the same game. The 2 emails arrive within seconds of each other.

On top of that my shipment has been delayed by mechanical problems and probably wont get here until tomorrow. Maybe I'll just get one somewhere else tonight and return one of the games even if they come up with the credit. Canceled my paid off pre-orders at Gamestop for this deal and could have had the games at midnight there.

bread's done
Back