Battlefield 3 (360/PS3) $20 Credit Promo BACK at Amazon

thegame956

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Deal is now live:

:360: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit
:ps3: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='R0tatioNz']So I have asked a bunch of times....and no one responded (sadface.jpg)

They changed it to $10 GC after it was $20....people said they got $30GC in the form of $20+$10&dog tags...I didn't receive any additional $10GC which I just want to make sure, is possible.

Can ANYONE help??? :([/QUOTE]

Pre-orders before release day received $20,
Orders on (or after) release day received $10.
You are not supposed to receive both promo credits for the same purchase.

Receiving both credits is an error on Amazon's part. The $20 credit is already a good deal. Bitching at Amazon will eventually get your ass banned :whistle2:#

[quote name='R0tatioNz']Wait...I didn't get any $10 credit anywhere....SO DISHEARTENED AT THE MOMENT :cry:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='R0tatioNz']I didn't get either the codes for the dog-tags or the $10GC....I DID get the $20.....but I hope that there will be the $10 also....anyone else in a similar situation?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tropicat']Why would you get a $10 GC AND the $20 credit? The $20 one was for pre-orders before 10/24 and the $10 one is not for pre-orders, just buying the game after 10/24. No one is getting both unless you bought 2 games, one pre-order and one not pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='R0tatioNz']So I have asked a bunch of times....and no one responded (sadface.jpg)

They changed it to $10 GC after it was $20....people said they got $30GC in the form of $20+$10&dog tags...I didn't receive any additional $10GC which I just want to make sure, is possible.

Can ANYONE help??? :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jimmienoman']If they received both then it was an error on amazons part. It is supposed to be one or the other, not both.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FerDK']Pre-orders before release day received $20,
Orders on (or after) release day received $10.
You are not supposed to receive both promo credits for the same purchase.[/QUOTE]

AND it has been answered many times. The same answer. You don't get both credits. Show me a post where someone said they got both. People that said they got a random $10 credit added to their account it was days before BF3 came out and not related. Quit asking!

[quote name='Tropicat']AND it has been answered many times. The same answer. You don't get both credits. Show me a post where someone said they got both. People that said they got a random $10 credit added to their account it was days before BF3 came out and not related. Quit asking![/QUOTE]

You are the only one that responded and I missed it, sorry?

And I got answers now, so I will.

[quote name='tipperu']To whom it may concern,

At the time of this post, the credit is back up to $20.

Just ordered. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up

amazon is so fucking stupid. i preordered the limited edition and recieved the regular edition for ps3. anyone else have this happen to them?

update: they gave me a 10% refund of $6 because they sent me the regular edition instead of the limited edition. would they have refund more or not?

also would i be able to buy the limited edition at Bestbuy and return the amazon regular edition there? do both versions have the same SKU bar code so they ring up the same? or this wont work?

[quote name='zanbeak']amazon is so fucking stupid. i preordered the limited edition and recieved the regular edition for ps3. anyone else have this happen to them?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='zanbeak']update: they gave me a 10% refund of $6 because they sent me the regular edition instead of the limited edition. would they have refund more or not?

also would i be able to buy the limited edition at Bestbuy and return the amazon regular edition there? do both versions have the same SKU bar code so they ring up the same? or this wont work?[/QUOTE]

Mine is set to arrive by Monday, and I pre-ordered well before release. If I get a non-LE, you can bet your ass they will either refund me at least $10 (the cost of Return to Karkand DLC) or more for such a foul-up.

[quote name='R0tatioNz']You are the only one that responded and I missed it, sorry?

And I got answers now, so I will.[/QUOTE]

Sorry didn't mean to be harsh. I've just been fighting with Amazon to get the $20 credit and dog tags I'm supposed to get and it is irritating when others already have theirs and wanting more or getting double dog tags and credits. When so many people try to scam the deal legitimate people miss out. :(

[quote name='Tropicat']Sorry didn't mean to be harsh. I've just been fighting with Amazon to get the $20 credit and dog tags I'm supposed to get and it is irritating when others already have theirs and wanting more or getting double dog tags and credits. When so many people try to scam the deal legitimate people miss out. :([/QUOTE]
Thing is, they were originally only offering the $20 credit to certain people via email marketing. But once they received a ton of requests(more like demands by the sounds of some of the posts:roll:) as to why customer X received the email but customer Y who was talking to them in chat or on the phone didn't, then they switched it from a targeted promotion to a blanket promotion.

But you have to realize that some of the folks(including me) who ordered this game w/ release day shipping and got the $20 promo credit would NOT have ordered it otherwise. Their system got overwhelmed by the influx of late pre-orders and as is to be expected they're most likely trying to fix it now.

I'd say to just give them a lil time to fix things or if you do have to chat/call them then just be firm but polite when talking to them.

Why in the name of Odin's beard is this 47 pages? You buy a new dudebro shooter on day 1, maybe you get a few bucks on a coupon for your trouble. What is there to talk about?

[quote name='Tate Donovan']Why in the name of Odin's beard is this 47 pages? You buy a new dudebro shooter on day 1, maybe you get a few bucks on a coupon for your trouble. What is there to talk about?[/QUOTE]
Well comments like yours take up about 30 of those 47 pages.

[quote name='MrRosales']What is this BS give the $20 credit to Uncharted 3 Amazon not BF3 :l[/QUOTE]
I'm actually hoping they decide to give a last second $20 credit to Uncharted 3, as it'll go nicely with my $20 from LOTR and let me get SR3 before next year.;)

[quote name='Jimmienoman']2nd time they have emailed me my preorder code, only for it to be redeemed...

Luckily my eBay buyer has been very patient and understanding.[/QUOTE]

Are you checking it yourself or are you just taking the word of your ebay buyer?

[quote name='CheapestGamerAlive']i bought it does the gift card come in with game?[/QUOTE]

it comes in an email up to two days after your item ships. (usually comes the same day it ships though)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thing is, they were originally only offering the $20 credit to certain people via email marketing. But once they received a ton of requests(more like demands by the sounds of some of the posts:roll:) as to why customer X received the email but customer Y who was talking to them in chat or on the phone didn't, then they switched it from a targeted promotion to a blanket promotion.

But you have to realize that some of the folks(including me) who ordered this game w/ release day shipping and got the $20 promo credit would NOT have ordered it otherwise. Their system got overwhelmed by the influx of late pre-orders and as is to be expected they're most likely trying to fix it now.

I'd say to just give them a lil time to fix things or if you do have to chat/call them then just be firm but polite when talking to them.[/QUOTE]

I know. I canceled my pre-order at Gamestop and ordered at Amazon when they offered the $20 to everyone. Amazon customer service is usually very good, but not this time to me. I've had 3 of them say I'm getting it withing 2 days of shipment or by Oct 31, and 2 say I'm not getting it at all. I have three things in writing say that I'm getting it too, but still no $20 or stupid dog tag code. I have been in customer service all my life so I know how to get things done without pissing people off. Started with chat, then to several emails, then to 2 phone calls. If they look at my account they would not want to lose me, we ordered about 20 things from them this week but if they don't fix this they will lose our business.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']2nd time they have emailed me my preorder code, only for it to be redeemed...

Luckily my eBay buyer has been very patient and understanding.[/QUOTE]

That's funny, because they gave me 2 valid ones without me asking for a 2nd . . . I gave my second one away to a friend.

[quote name='thegame956']UPDATE: Deal is now live:

:360: Battlefield 3 + $20 $10 credit
:ps3: Battlefield 3 + $20 $10 credit

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.[/QUOTE]
Its now back to $20! I just checked the site and confirmed it by almost checking out. Now I have to decide if I want it now or wait until black friday.

[quote name='Tropicat']I know. I canceled my pre-order at Gamestop and ordered at Amazon when they offered the $20 to everyone. Amazon customer service is usually very good, but not this time to me. I've had 3 of them say I'm getting it withing 2 days of shipment or by Oct 31, and 2 say I'm not getting it at all. I have three things in writing say that I'm getting it too, but still no $20 or stupid dog tag code. I have been in customer service all my life so I know how to get things done without pissing people off. Started with chat, then to several emails, then to 2 phone calls. If they look at my account they would not want to lose me, we ordered about 20 things from them this week but if they don't fix this they will lose our business.[/QUOTE]
You may wanna skim this thread as apparently being too demanding of Amazon's CS reps may get your account(and any accounts with the same address as yours) banned.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306392

Delivery estimate: Nov. 3, 2011 - Nov. 8, 2011

"Battlefield 3"
Video Game; $59.95
In Stock
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including gift cards, Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). You will receive a promotional code via email within two days after your order ships.

Too bad the game is broken, serious issues with the mic and joining a game with your friends with your squad. its been frustrating.

I'm almost done with the campaign and while I'm liking this game there are two things that are bothering me. One is the lighting. While its realistic in most places some of it isnt. Why does it have to look like sunlight is reflecting off you every second or two and you end up seeing little specs of light on the screen almost non stop ? Speaking of lights car lights in particular are annoying in this game as you can move side to side and the light still blocks your vision eventhough the car isn't moving ! It's like the lights follow you no matter where you move lol. Some places are too dark as well and you end up not seeing your Target while they have perfect accuracy. Some night goggles would have been nice here.

Then there are the cheap deaths. There have been numerous times when I've ran into a new area and one little stray bullet takes me down (not from a sniper). Also the enemy ai must have invented sniper shotguns somehow as they always hit me from 60 feet away and end up killing my character. AA 12's should not be able to hit you and take 1/3 of your health from 60 feet away with each shot ! Other than these things the game is good

End mini rant

[quote name='strait edge follower']I'm almost done with the campaign and while I'm liking this game there are two things that are bothering me. One is the lighting. While its realistic in most places some of it isnt. Why does it have to look like sunlight is reflecting off you every second or two and you end up seeing little specs of light on the screen almost non stop ? Speaking of lights car lights in particular are annoying in this game as you can move side to side and the light still blocks your vision eventhough the car isn't moving ! It's like the lights follow you no matter where you move lol. Some places are too dark as well and you end up not seeing your Target while they have perfect accuracy. Some night goggles would have been nice here.

Then there are the cheap deaths. There have been numerous times when I've ran into a new area and one little stray bullet takes me down (not from a sniper). Also the enemy ai must have invented sniper shotguns somehow as they always hit me from 60 feet away and end up killing my character. AA 12's should not be able to hit you and take 1/3 of your health from 60 feet away with each shot ! Other than these things the game is good

End mini rant[/QUOTE]
Just shoot out the headlights on the cars that're blinding you. That's what I've been doing. But yeah, the AI is just nuts in some spots. I got picked off about 3-5 times trying to take the one apartment building on the one level.

For anyone viewing this thread that is on the fence about buying this game, I'd advise you to save your money, or buy Battlefield: Bad Company 2 instead.

Battlefield 3 is a major disappointment, IMHO. Its a good game, but certainly not worth all the hype. Bad Company 2 is a far superior game.

I'd score it a 7.5 out of 10.

[quote name='henryVIII']For anyone viewing this thread that is on the fence about buying this game, I'd advise you to save your money, or buy Battlefield: Bad Company 2 instead.

Battlefield 3 is a major disappointment, IMHO. Its a good game, but certainly not worth all the hype. Bad Company 2 is a far superior game.

I'd score it a 7.5 out of 10.[/QUOTE]

Completely disagree, I own both and I think Battlefield 3 is a step up. It's definitely a good deal with a 20 dollar credit.

[quote name='henryVIII']For anyone viewing this thread that is on the fence about buying this game, I'd advise you to save your money, or buy Battlefield: Bad Company 2 instead.

I'd score it a 7.5 out of 10.[/QUOTE]

some things are improved but imo bfbc2 has better gameplay and more addictve fun

This is really tempting. I have some amazon credit, so effectively I could buy this for 40 in credit. I know there will probably be some black Friday specials, but I doubt they will drop it much lower than 40. I wonder how MW3 will affect this games sales, and if that will drop the price.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I'm almost done with the campaign and while I'm liking this game there are two things that are bothering me. One is the lighting. While its realistic in most places some of it isnt. Why does it have to look like sunlight is reflecting off you every second or two and you end up seeing little specs of light on the screen almost non stop ? Speaking of lights car lights in particular are annoying in this game as you can move side to side and the light still blocks your vision eventhough the car isn't moving ! It's like the lights follow you no matter where you move lol. Some places are too dark as well and you end up not seeing your Target while they have perfect accuracy. Some night goggles would have been nice here.

End mini rant[/QUOTE]
SP isn't even worth reviewing in a BF game TBH. If anyone buys it for that, they're getting it for the completely wrong reasons. I got a few missions in and quit because it's trash. The AI you mentioned is partially why.[quote name='fyahbwoy']some things are improved but imo bfbc2 has better gameplay and more addictve fun[/QUOTE]Here's the pitfall I think many people are falling into. The time difference between BF2 and BC2 was about four years and it completely revamped the formula. BF3 is coming out just 1.5 years later and while it adds new stuff, doesn't completely overhaul for a generational leap. More to the point, I think people are more used to BC2 since it's fresh still and many are probably even coming straight from the game to BF3.

This is dangerous because you risk milking a franchise (a la COD) to the point where people lose interest and can make the comparison easily. I admit I was having doubts as well until I started to find my groove and maps I liked.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You may wanna skim this thread as apparently being too demanding of Amazon's CS reps may get your account(and any accounts with the same address as yours) banned.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306392[/QUOTE]

I've had several communications with them over this one transaction. I'm nice but firm. Other than that there have been only two times I had to deal with CS. Something that was scanned in as left facility but nothing after for tracking the shipment and it was not delivered and one time something was added to a pre-order but was not showing up on the account yet (gave them several days before I called) and both things were fixed with one communication. With what we buy for business, personal and gifts from them over the years we have used Amazon this one transaction is a small percentage of the business we do with them. I'm not worried about them banning me, they should be worried about losing us.

I just want what they are giving everyone else. Nothing special, extra or over what others are getting without a problem. I'm not scamming them. Since they put the $20 credit back on BF3 I called again and they finally put it on my account, but still no dog tags. I really don't know what their problem has been with this. Especially since I have 3 things in writing saying I was supposed to get the credit and 3 CS people said on my account that it was supposed to be given to me but it was not issued. Seems like CS has new guidelines and they are not consistent with what they are saying or doing.

I was prepared to return the unopened game and buy somewhere else that had $10 to $20 credit/GC last week if they didn't fix this.

[quote name='Tropicat']I've had several communications with them over this one transaction. I'm nice but firm. Other than that there have been only two times I had to deal with CS. Something that was scanned in as left facility but nothing after for tracking the shipment and it was not delivered and one time something was added to a pre-order but was not showing up on the account yet (gave them several days before I called) and both things were fixed with one communication. With what we buy for business, personal and gifts from them over the years we have used Amazon this one transaction is a small percentage of the business we do with them. I'm not worried about them banning me, they should be worried about losing us.

I just want what they are giving everyone else. Nothing special, extra or over what others are getting without a problem. I'm not scamming them. Since they put the $20 credit back on BF3 I called again and they finally put it on my account, but still no dog tags. I really don't know what their problem has been with this. Especially since I have 3 things in writing saying I was supposed to get the credit and 3 CS people said on my account that it was supposed to be given to me but it was not issued. Seems like CS has new guidelines and they are not consistent with what they are saying or doing.[/QUOTE]

Dude, don't worry about being banned. IATCG is just spreading nonsense because he's an alarmist and hates every retailer.

If you're not a huge PITA customer, Amazon isn't gonna ban you over this type of stuff.

If anyone is still interested in this deal but does not want the amazon credit I am selling a brand new ps3 limited edition copy for $42.50. Pm me if interested. Btw sorry fr posting on wrong forum but I just really need the money for uncharted 3.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']If anyone is still interested in this deal but does not want the amazon credit I am selling a brand new ps3 limited edition copy for $42.50. Pm me if interested. Btw sorry fr posting on wrong forum but I just really need the money for uncharted 3.[/QUOTE]

You realize you can trade it in to a best buy brick and mortar for 25 +40% extra if you put it towards uncharted 3 which gets you about 35, which after you factor in shipping and handling is probably a lot quicker and easier than trying to pawn it off here.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']You realize you can trade it in to a best buy brick and mortar for 25 +40% extra if you put it towards uncharted 3 which gets you about 35, which after you factor in shipping and handling is probably a lot quicker and easier than trying to pawn it off here.[/QUOTE]

well yeah it might be but it just feels so weird trading in a brand new game. I thought that it might be much more better to just to sell it on here for someone who actually wants it for a good price especially since it is the limited edition.

[quote name='fyahbwoy']some things are improved but imo bfbc2 has better gameplay and more addictve fun[/QUOTE]
i agree with this.

PRO: graphics are better, lots of unlocks, more terrain, more vehicles,

CON: so far, a lot fewer WTF moments (including less environmental destruction/buildings crumbling around me), can take ages to get anywhere if you are not in a squad or have a vehicle, unlocks are too complicated, just not as addictive to me.

blowing stuff up is less entertaining this time around.

[quote name='wowimsocute']i agree with this.

PRO: graphics are better, lots of unlocks, more terrain, more vehicles,

CON: so far, a lot fewer WTF moments (including less environmental destruction/buildings crumbling around me), can take ages to get anywhere if you are not in a squad or have a vehicle, unlocks are too complicated, just not as addictive to me.

blowing stuff up is less entertaining this time around.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think Bad Company 2 has better core gameplay, but BF3 has a far better unlock system. I like the way you can get up to a 100 (maybe more) stars on a gun and you need to get kills with it to get the attachments. It adds a long-term layer of progression, which is what I look for in an online FPS. Bad Company 2's "Have everything unlocked by level 20 or so" mentality just didn't suit me well.

I bought the LE from some guy on craigslist for $40 sealed, so far the multiplayer is great. He probably bought this from the Target glitch!

I'm two missions away from finishing this game. Boy was I frustrated while playing earlier lol. During mission 8 when you have to fetch a detonator your teammates are supposed to give you cover fire but when you go past your tank that's covering you it stops firing and you have rush to the fucking thing again and again till you get lucky and survive. I had to do it 10 times. Another mission towards the end of it had me and my partner protecting someone while we waited for extraction to come. My "genius" partner just crouched and did nothing while he had a big ass sniper rifle In his hands and I had to do all the work. When I went infront of him the mother fucker started shooting me and got me killed ! I almost threw the controller down and broke it. Oh and the lights gave me more trouble to the point that I was playing kanye west's song "flashing lights" on my phone while I was playing.

I don't mind a challenge but it shouldnt be frustrating. Killzone 2 provided what I like to call a fun challenge. Bf3 is just cheap in many ways. And before people say the good ol "this was ment for multiplayer excuse" that shouldn't give dice a reason to not flesh out the campaign more.

End mini rant part 2 lol

Game play = Crysis2 rip off
Customizations = Medal of Honor Ripoff
Laying down camping A$$ snipers all over the place = Homefront ripoff

I've always preferred Battlefield especially BBC2 but can't wait for MW3 I guess!!!!

bread's done
Back