Battlefield 3 (360/PS3/PC) Pre-order Bonuses and Deals Thread

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Battlefield 3 - Release Date 10/25/11

All pre-orders are Limited Edition that inlcudes the Back to Karkand expansion pack for free. The expansion includes four maps from Battlefield 2 re-imagined in the Frostbite 2 engine, as well as Battlefield 2 weapons, vehicles, and unique rewards.

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
$20 $10 Credit 360/PS3 Versions + Release Day Delivery
$50.99 PC Download & Boxed Version
Dog Tag Pack containing 10 dog tags for multiplayer.

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
$10 off Battlefield 3 Strategy Guides
Get 40% extra trade-in credit with Battlefield 3 purchase (50% for GC Unlocked members)
PS3 160GB console + Battlefield 3 + Bluetooth Headset + 3-Month PSN Plus Subscription Card $309.96

Above deals good 10/23 - 10/29
SPECACT kit upgrade with 8 multiplayer skins (Code on receipt if checked out properly; emailed if RZ member)

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop
$10 gift card and double POWERUP reward points (PC download only)
Physical Warfare Pack containing DAO-12 Shotgun, Flash Suppressor. Type 88 LMG, Flachette Ammo (3 timed exclusive weapons, to be free DLC for everyone at a later date - and 1 early unlock)
30% Trade Bonus (50% trade bonus coupon available on www.poweruprewards.com through Sunday Oct. 23)

kmart.gif
Kmart
B&M: (PS3, 360) Shop Your Way Rewards Members get a $20 Gaming Coupon + Save $20 on X12 Turtle Beach or Save $30 on Sony 7.1 Headset

:360: Microsoft Store
Online: Get $10 off your next purchase when you pre-order Battlefield 3 + free next day shipping
B&M: Place $10 towards your pre-order, receive an additional $5 off. If your store has a midnight launch, you MAY qualify for an extra $25 gift card for attending (call store for more details).

newegg.gif
Newegg
$47.99 PC boxed version

:pc: Origin
(PC only) Physical Warfare Pack containing DAO-12 Shotgun, Flash Suppressor. Type 88 LMG, Flachette Ammo. Battlefield Play4Free Items: 870 Combat Shotgun, Beret

:pc:Digital Game Sales [Origin] Battlefield 3 SE: $31.99 - Battlefield 3 LE: $41.99

Link for both.

LE still includes Back to Karkand. No pre-order deals included.

Euro and RUS versions activate on Origin with no conflict as well. However, when you're playing the RUS BF3, it will say Battlefield 3 LE Russian instead of just Battlefield 3 LE, or something like that. The Euro release doesn't say anything in particular.

UPC Info
:ps3: non-LE: 014633197280 from buy.com needs physical/visual confirmation
:ps3: LE: 014633195927
:360: non-LE: 014633197372 from buy.com needs physical/visual confirmation
:360: LE: 014633195934

Last edited by a moderator:
i was in q for about an hour and a half and it went straight to a "no available customer service reps available" or some bs message similar to that

i give up

If anyone has a ps3 code for BF3 beta for today and you don't plan on using it, don't let it go to waste PM it to me and I will gladly put it to use....;)

[quote name='JungleRot']If anyone has a ps3 code for BF3 beta for today and you don't plan on using it, don't let it go to waste PM it to me and I will gladly put it to use....;)[/QUOTE]
PS3 owners don't get a code. It just shows up in the PS Store.

"ON PLAYSTATION 3, THE BETA WILL APPEAR AUTOMATICALLY ON THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK STORE. ON XBOX 360, IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY APPEAR ON XBOX LIVE MARKETPLACE. ON PC, IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY APPEAR IN THE ORIGIN APPLICATION'S FREE GAMES PAGE."

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']PS3 owners don't get a code. It just shows up in the PS Store.[/QUOTE]

Wait really? So I have MOH LE on ps3... I just toss the MOH disk in and go to the store when I get home from work???

So if we wait for a Kmart deal we'll still get the map pack? Is that correct? Debating on doing that vs ordering from Amazon...

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']PS3 owners don't get a code. It just shows up in the PS Store.

"ON PLAYSTATION 3, THE BETA WILL APPEAR AUTOMATICALLY ON THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK STORE. ON XBOX 360, IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY APPEAR ON XBOX LIVE MARKETPLACE. ON PC, IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY APPEAR IN THE ORIGIN APPLICATION'S FREE GAMES PAGE."[/QUOTE]

That is Thursday not the early access one today....

[quote name='WV Matsui']Wait really? So I have MOH LE on ps3... I just toss the MOH disk in and go to the store when I get home from work???[/QUOTE] I don't think you need the MoH disc. I'm pretty sure BF3 beta will be in the store tonight when all the content updates. I hope you don't need the disc because I traded MoH in a long time ago. I'm 99% you don't need it though.

Nice to see the comparison video. The only difference I've noticed is the frame rate obviously being higher on PC, but it's not a big deal.

[quote name='aircobra']Go to the PS store. It will show up there if you have access to it.[/QUOTE]

Damn this is confusing! Haha

[quote name='aircobra']Go to the PS store. It will show up there if you have access to it.[/QUOTE] It's not there though. That's why I think we won't be able to download it until the store updates like it does every Tuesday night.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']PS3 owners don't get a code. It just shows up in the PS Store.

"ON PLAYSTATION 3, THE BETA WILL APPEAR AUTOMATICALLY ON THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK STORE. ON XBOX 360, IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY APPEAR ON XBOX LIVE MARKETPLACE. ON PC, IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY APPEAR IN THE ORIGIN APPLICATION'S FREE GAMES PAGE."[/QUOTE]

like the other posters say that is for thursday. I have the MOH LE and no email nothing in the store etc.

That is why I was asking for a code today.

But thanks anyway.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Db this is confusing! Haha[/QUOTE] This is what the email tells me to do:

HOW TO JOIN THE BATTLEFIELD 3 OPEN BETA:
1) Go to the PlayStation®Network Store on your console
2) From storefront, click on View All By Title, click on B
3) Click on Battlefield 3. All content will appear here

And that's from the early access email. That's why I think there's no code and why my previous post should apply to today as well.

"I BOUGHT THE LIMITED EDITION OF MEDAL OF HONOR, HOW DO I GET EARLY ACCESS?
IF YOU PURCHASED MEDAL OF HONOR: LE OR TIER ONE EDITIONS FOR CONSOLE, AND REGISTERED YOUR ONLINE PASS, THEN:

FOR PLAYSTATION 3, THE EARLY ACCESS OPEN BETA WILL AUTOMATICALLY APPEAR FOR YOU IN THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK STORE."

[quote name='aircobra']They already said there is no code for the PS3 version[/QUOTE] Yeah, so tell JungleRot who's looking for a code. I realize there's no code. It should pop up in the store when that updates tonight. That's my theory. Nobody seems to understand what I'm saying.

I also received an email with an invitation for the beta, followed the instructions on the email and the beta doesn't seem to be up yet. There is a Battlefield 3 section on the PS store but it only contains trailers, gameplay videos and a theme.... so I guess we can't download the beta until the store updates later on today

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']Yeah, so tell the other guy that who's looking for a code. I realize that.[/QUOTE]

Good for you. I didn't quote you when I wrote that, so I wasn't directing my comment at you. :roll:

I apologize. I just didn't understand why no one was understanding what I was saying. Again, sorry.

Anyway, I watched my friend play the Alpha and the game seemed extremely good. It was BC2 crossed with MoH. It felt like it was influenced a bit more by MoH multiplayer.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I apologize. I just didn't understand why no one was understanding what I was saying. Again, sorry.

Anyway, I watched my friend play the Alpha and the game seemed extremely good. It was BC2 crossed with MoH. It felt like it was influenced a bit more by MoH multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

I now understand the words that are coming out of your mouth!!!

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']Yeah, so tell JungleRot who's looking for a code. I realize there's no code. It should pop up in the store when that updates tonight. That's my theory. Nobody seems to understand what I'm saying.[/QUOTE]

LOL...relax. I understand what you are saying. What I am saying I paid for a game that included a Beta for BF3 september 27 2011. It is hours now into september 27 2011 and yet I read all over how the servers are filled up with "other" players on BF3 but NOT ME.

If I wanted to wait until tonight which will be tomorrow or damn close to it and EVERYONE else will get it anyway a day later then WTH is the use?

So I get what you are saying I do not think you get what I am saying....;):D

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well that video actually makes me feel better about the console version in comparison. :D[/QUOTE]
Console comparisons are worthless by itself because the only differences that will stand out is between them and PC.

[quote name='aircobra']Will teach you not to buy a game just for 2 days of beta access then.[/QUOTE]

"Dates: September 27th - October 10th";)

[quote name='aircobra']Will teach you not to buy a game just for 2 days of beta access then.[/QUOTE]

I assume you are not talking to me...right!!?

If so then let me know and we can talk about the ignorant statement you just made.

[quote name='Brother Daz']"Dates: September 27th - October 10th";)[/QUOTE]

No, because on the 29th EVERYONE gets access to the beta. So what I said was right. Paying to get access to a beta 2 days before everyone else isn't worth it....at least to me;)

[quote name='aircobra']No, because on the 29th EVERYONE gets access to the beta. So what I said was right. Paying to get access to a beta 2 days before everyone else isn't worth it....at least to me;)[/QUOTE]

ah I see what you were saying.

alright I have to say it... for a "veteran" you are damn dumb.

I don't see where "anyone" (in case your snide statement wasn't directed toward me but seems it was) said they bought MOH "JUST" for beta access.

You really should take a nap...."veteran"

[quote name='cancerman1120']Can't we all get along?[/QUOTE]

what we have here is a failure to communicate...LOL

[quote name='yahoosale14']im not one to usually do this....but 3 pages of complaining about the beta access? cmon[/QUOTE]

Oops...

I did see on SD the way you could cheat the Orgins system to get the 25% off coupon that applies to the pre-order giving you the game for around $45 shipped

[quote name='bojay1997']If you pre-order at the Microsoft store (I know it's only in limited areas), you have to put $10 down, but you get an additional $5 off plus a $25 gift card. They also sell Kindle Amazon cards in many stores, so it's an easy flip for Amazon credit.[/QUOTE] I have to say that this is the best promo out there for BF3 (you forgot to mention they give you an extra $25 for attending the launch party) I'll try to add that to the wiki. And yes, it is a YMMV on the MS Store selling Amazon Kindle GCs, I know the one in the Galleria doesn't.

[quote name='JungleRot']alright I have to say it... for a "veteran" you are damn dumb.

I don't see where "anyone" (in case your snide statement wasn't directed toward me but seems it was) said they bought MOH "JUST" for beta access.

You really should take a nap...."veteran"[/QUOTE]

What are you, 12? You were just complaining that you bought a game that included a beta and you have not gotten access to that beta. And you mentioned not wanting to wait the 2 days til EVERYONE gets it.

You obviously got MOH for the beta otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about not being able to play it when other people are. But hey, keep calling people dumb :applause:

Man, that comparison video makes me want to just wait till I upgrade my computer later this year to get the game. The Xbox version looks really ugly. :/

I got MOH just for the beta access. It was $10, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

[quote name='Luxuria']Man, that comparison video makes me want to just wait till I upgrade my computer later this year to get the game. The Xbox version looks really ugly. :/[/QUOTE]

Where did you see that, I wanna watch it and complain about how we need next gen consoles asap.

[quote name='Luxuria']Man, that comparison video makes me want to just wait till I upgrade my computer later this year to get the game. The Xbox version looks really ugly. :/[/QUOTE]

Well as someone who has already played the 360 version it is NOT ugly by any stretch. Comparing a PC game to a Console game is not even justified. Now lets compare BF3 on a computer released 6 years ago and maybe we can talk. Otherwise, it is just plain dumb.

[quote name='aircobra']What are you, 12? You were just complaining that you bought a game that included a beta and you have not gotten access to that beta. And you mentioned not wanting to wait the 2 days til EVERYONE gets it.

You obviously got MOH for the beta otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about not being able to play it when other people are. But hey, keep calling people dumb :applause:[/QUOTE]

Hey azzhole like I said you are a complete idiot!!!

I did not buy a game JUST for the beta. Are you retarded if so then I am sorry if not F&&* off you retarded troll!!!

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well as someone who has already played the 360 version it is NOT ugly by any stretch. Comparing a PC game to a Console game is not even justified. Now lets compare BF3 on a computer released 6 years ago and maybe we can talk. Otherwise, it is just plain dumb.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, apples and oranges

[quote name='JungleRot']Hey azzhole like I said you are a complete idiot!!!

I did not buy a game JUST for the beta. Are you retarded if so then I am sorry if not F&&* off you retarded troll!!![/QUOTE]

fuck. Stop already guys!

[quote name='WV Matsui']fuck. Stop already guys![/QUOTE]

I am not one to back down but I will.

The tard called me out with a stupid comment directed at me that had nothing to do with what I said. I addressed it and explained it and the tard troll is still lacking comprehension and obviously has educational needs and has the nerve to keep calling me out!!

The ahole needs to take a nap and some meds.

But I am done that tard is now on my ignore list. They obviously love baiting and gets their jollies from that.

[quote name='egonpax']I've never done anything of the sort, just because for me personally it seems to take too much time.

Are you pre-ordering the game from GS/BB then picking it up and getting the bonus item on a card/receipt (or whatever), activate it, then go back to the store to return the un-opened game?[/QUOTE]

Well I have only do it for Amazon and Gamestop, usually to get the game at midnight at Gamestop and play it immediately and to get their bonus. Then when the Amazon copy comes in I return it sealed to GameStop.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well as someone who has already played the 360 version it is NOT ugly by any stretch. Comparing a PC game to a Console game is not even justified. Now lets compare BF3 on a computer released 6 years ago and maybe we can talk. Otherwise, it is just plain dumb.[/QUOTE]

Ah, alright. I'll take your word for it. Don't get me wrong, it does look good, but I was just comparing the graphics from what they appeared like in the video. I don't doubt that it will look much better on an actual TV.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']Well I have only do it for Amazon and Gamestop, usually to get the game at midnight at Gamestop and play it immediately and to get their bonus. Then when the Amazon copy comes in I return it sealed to GameStop.[/QUOTE]

That's what I figured. Maybe I'll do the same with Amazon and Gamestop as well.

How does Gamestop usually handle pre-order bonuses? Is it emailed, printed on receipt, or what?

[quote name='egonpax']That's what I figured. Maybe I'll do the same with Amazon and Gamestop as well.

How does Gamestop usually handle pre-order bonuses? Is it emailed, printed on receipt, or what?[/QUOTE]

printed on the receipt unless its the kind that is prepackaged into the game itself, but 95% of the time it'll be on your receipt

bread's done
Back