Battlefield 3 (360/PS3/PC) Pre-order Bonuses and Deals Thread

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Battlefield 3 - Release Date 10/25/11

All pre-orders are Limited Edition that inlcudes the Back to Karkand expansion pack for free. The expansion includes four maps from Battlefield 2 re-imagined in the Frostbite 2 engine, as well as Battlefield 2 weapons, vehicles, and unique rewards.

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
$20 $10 Credit 360/PS3 Versions + Release Day Delivery
$50.99 PC Download & Boxed Version
Dog Tag Pack containing 10 dog tags for multiplayer.

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
$10 off Battlefield 3 Strategy Guides
Get 40% extra trade-in credit with Battlefield 3 purchase (50% for GC Unlocked members)
PS3 160GB console + Battlefield 3 + Bluetooth Headset + 3-Month PSN Plus Subscription Card $309.96

Above deals good 10/23 - 10/29
SPECACT kit upgrade with 8 multiplayer skins (Code on receipt if checked out properly; emailed if RZ member)

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop
$10 gift card and double POWERUP reward points (PC download only)
Physical Warfare Pack containing DAO-12 Shotgun, Flash Suppressor. Type 88 LMG, Flachette Ammo (3 timed exclusive weapons, to be free DLC for everyone at a later date - and 1 early unlock)
30% Trade Bonus (50% trade bonus coupon available on www.poweruprewards.com through Sunday Oct. 23)

kmart.gif
Kmart
B&M: (PS3, 360) Shop Your Way Rewards Members get a $20 Gaming Coupon + Save $20 on X12 Turtle Beach or Save $30 on Sony 7.1 Headset

:360: Microsoft Store
Online: Get $10 off your next purchase when you pre-order Battlefield 3 + free next day shipping
B&M: Place $10 towards your pre-order, receive an additional $5 off. If your store has a midnight launch, you MAY qualify for an extra $25 gift card for attending (call store for more details).

newegg.gif
Newegg
$47.99 PC boxed version

:pc: Origin
(PC only) Physical Warfare Pack containing DAO-12 Shotgun, Flash Suppressor. Type 88 LMG, Flachette Ammo. Battlefield Play4Free Items: 870 Combat Shotgun, Beret

:pc:Digital Game Sales [Origin] Battlefield 3 SE: $31.99 - Battlefield 3 LE: $41.99

Link for both.

LE still includes Back to Karkand. No pre-order deals included.

Euro and RUS versions activate on Origin with no conflict as well. However, when you're playing the RUS BF3, it will say Battlefield 3 LE Russian instead of just Battlefield 3 LE, or something like that. The Euro release doesn't say anything in particular.

UPC Info
:ps3: non-LE: 014633197280 from buy.com needs physical/visual confirmation
:ps3: LE: 014633195927
:360: non-LE: 014633197372 from buy.com needs physical/visual confirmation
:360: LE: 014633195934

Last edited by a moderator:
Is GameStop's Physical Warfare Pack just an early unlock of some weapons, and that you can get them when you progress through the game?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah it does, or at least I am like 99% sure it does. Amazon lists it on the Battlefield 3 page and I am assuming all preorders get it.[/QUOTE]

I hope so, thanks.

wow great deal on the PC download from Amazon though I was really disappointed by the beta on Xbox, it just felt and played too much like Call of Duty.

I was curious about how long it takes Best Buy to send out the codes normally. I have a preoder in with them..but am thinking of just returning it and going to Kmart. Can I do that and still get the codes emailed to me? Can I return the preoder and still get them?

Thanks,

Josh

[quote name='binici']So, ultimately... the best deal (bang for your buck) would be to buy from Newegg?[/QUOTE]

Physical, I think so.

Digital, the Amazon deal is a dollar more and comes with dog tags. Also, there are some instructions to change your birthday in origin to get them to send you a 25% off code which brought it to around $48 and some change after tax.

[quote name='thirteenva']Guys, how are you using the B-day coupon. Origin emailed me one and it won't work for pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

I put my code in and it works for Battlefield 3

SOOOO I will be buying this somewhere at midnight release next monday night. Anyone heard of any B&M giving out goodies? I know BB gave out shirts and beanies for Gears. I hoping for similiar for this. Also got in on the b-day coupon Origin copy whenever it comes in the mail i'll return it the store.:D

Saw this on slickdeals:

Battlefield 3 (PS3/360) $59.99 w/ $20 Gaming Coupon PLUS $20 off Turtle Beach X-12 OR $30 off Sony 7.1 Headsets / Kmart B&M
Kmart Link

So far this is the only $20 credit being offered.

[quote name='eliter1']Saw this on slickdeals:

Battlefield 3 (PS3/360) $59.99 w/ $20 Gaming Coupon PLUS $20 off Turtle Beach X-12 OR $30 off Sony 7.1 Headsets / Kmart B&M
Kmart Link

So far this is the only $20 credit being offered.[/QUOTE]

That is a pretty good deal!

Just a heads up to anyone like me who figured they would over produce the limited editions (like they did with BF:BC2), they already have regular editions shipped as well. My friend was taunting me with a copy when we were in the backroom and it didn't have the limited edition triangle in the corner like the other copies in the cart. Looks like I need to get a hold of this early to make sure I get a LE copy.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Just a heads up to anyone like me who figured they would over produce the limited editions (like they did with BF:BC2), they already have regular editions shipped as well. My friend was taunting me with a copy when we were in the backroom and it didn't have the limited edition triangle in the corner like the other copies in the cart. Looks like I need to get a hold of this early to make sure I get a LE copy.[/QUOTE]

Yes theres a video on youtube of an unboxing and its the regular edition so this time the LE might not be over produce like past ea titles.

Amazon just sent me the "game is now available" email but clicking on my game downloads page there still isn't a download link for pre-load or view CD key yet. Although my card has been charged.

No rush, it's not like I'll get to play the game now and not have to wait until the 25th :p

:EDIT: Keys are up now on Amazon

You'll get two keys. One key for the limited edition version of the game and the other for the dog tags.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to Midnight launch at my local GS. They are having tacos, a DJ and other goodies (he couldn't give me details). I told him I want the PC version and he said to make sure to pre-order the LE because it will be limited...

$34 and a $20 GC for me. Had like $14 left from Gears 3 and some points from my Amazon Visa. After the $20 GC I am theoretically getting it for $14!

Edited the Gamestop listing as double powerup points is now only for the PC Download version (all double point offers for in-store purchases minus Harry Potter Years 5-7 expired as of close of business on the 16th.)

Also added a 50% trade bonus coupon is available for purchase through Sunday on poweruprewards.com.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Just a heads up to anyone like me who figured they would over produce the limited editions (like they did with BF:BC2), they already have regular editions shipped as well. My friend was taunting me with a copy when we were in the backroom and it didn't have the limited edition triangle in the corner like the other copies in the cart. Looks like I need to get a hold of this early to make sure I get a LE copy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah SHG-Gamer said only about 25% of the BF 3 copies going to KMart were the LE and the rest are regular ones.

Looks like EA learned their lesson from BFBC 2, NFS HP, MoH, and the PS3 version of Dead Space 2.

PC version for $41 via Amazon Digital not that long ago and now PS3 version with $20 GC offer. Can't beat that.

I'll have $70 in amazon credit that will go straight to MW3 Hardened Edition.

I

I'm sick of Amazon giving a $20 credit for a console game purchase and PC users getting jack squat. I ordered BF3 from Amazon for $49.99 as a download and have it pre-loaded, which is cool, but seriously Amazon, stop giving PC gamers the shaft. We like credits too.

That K-Mart deal is seriously excellent and I'd do it in a heart beat if it also applied for PC (I want to Sony Wireless headset!).

Canceled my Newegg $48 Pre-order for the Amazon Release Day Delivery w/ Dog Tags for $51. I'd rather pay the extra $3 so I know I will have it That Day!

[quote name='sonict']I'm sick of Amazon giving a $20 credit for a console game purchase and PC users getting jack squat. I ordered BF3 from Amazon for $49.99 as a download and have it pre-loaded, which is cool, but seriously Amazon, stop giving PC gamers the shaft. We like credits too.[/QUOTE]

I agree!

[quote name='81ols']Canceled my Newegg $48 Pre-order for the Amazon Release Day Delivery w/ Dog Tags for $51. I'd rather pay the extra $3 so I know I will have it That Day![/QUOTE]

same :lol:

[quote name='sonict']I'm sick of Amazon giving a $20 credit for a console game purchase and PC users getting jack squat. I ordered BF3 from Amazon for $49.99 as a download and have it pre-loaded, which is cool, but seriously Amazon, stop giving PC gamers the shaft. We like credits too.[/QUOTE]
Oh I agree but I got it when it was $42 and that is basically a $20 credit. But still, for many other PC games, I want a damn credit if the console versions have it for boxed copies. I mean a discount on digital is great, but sometimes I like to have a boxed copy for whatever reason.

This might be the year when Battlefield overtakes COD. Amazon came through!

It'll be hard to stomach $60-100 for MW3 when BF3 is a net $40 including all map packs.

[quote name='XF Gator']This might be the year when Battlefield overtakes COD. Amazon came through!

It'll be hard to stomach $60-100 for MW3 when BF3 is a net $40 including all map packs.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a CoD fanboy though I am getting MW3 and BF3, but BF3 does not include all map packs. Just the Karkland one. They haven't announced any new DLCs, but I'm guessing they will charge for the new DLCs. The online pass that comes with the game is just an online pass; it does not work like the VIP pass in BFBC2. Just fyi.

[quote name='XF Gator']This might be the year when Battlefield overtakes COD. Amazon came through!

It'll be hard to stomach $60-100 for MW3 when BF3 is a net $40 including all map packs.[/QUOTE]

I hope not because that would plague Battlefield with 10 year old kids...

[quote name='shortyman920']I wonder how many people switched from Newegg and other pre-orders the second they heard of this. Amazon is just amazing.[/QUOTE]

ME!!! Guess I'll use up my Gamestop credit on something else instead. The Physical Warfare Pack can mostly be unlocked as you rank up anyways, so no big loss there.

bread's done
Back