Battlefield 3 (360/PS3/PC) Pre-order Bonuses and Deals Thread

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Battlefield 3 - Release Date 10/25/11

All pre-orders are Limited Edition that inlcudes the Back to Karkand expansion pack for free. The expansion includes four maps from Battlefield 2 re-imagined in the Frostbite 2 engine, as well as Battlefield 2 weapons, vehicles, and unique rewards.

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
$20 $10 Credit 360/PS3 Versions + Release Day Delivery
$50.99 PC Download & Boxed Version
Dog Tag Pack containing 10 dog tags for multiplayer.

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
$10 off Battlefield 3 Strategy Guides
Get 40% extra trade-in credit with Battlefield 3 purchase (50% for GC Unlocked members)
PS3 160GB console + Battlefield 3 + Bluetooth Headset + 3-Month PSN Plus Subscription Card $309.96

Above deals good 10/23 - 10/29
SPECACT kit upgrade with 8 multiplayer skins (Code on receipt if checked out properly; emailed if RZ member)

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop
$10 gift card and double POWERUP reward points (PC download only)
Physical Warfare Pack containing DAO-12 Shotgun, Flash Suppressor. Type 88 LMG, Flachette Ammo (3 timed exclusive weapons, to be free DLC for everyone at a later date - and 1 early unlock)
30% Trade Bonus (50% trade bonus coupon available on www.poweruprewards.com through Sunday Oct. 23)

kmart.gif
Kmart
B&M: (PS3, 360) Shop Your Way Rewards Members get a $20 Gaming Coupon + Save $20 on X12 Turtle Beach or Save $30 on Sony 7.1 Headset

:360: Microsoft Store
Online: Get $10 off your next purchase when you pre-order Battlefield 3 + free next day shipping
B&M: Place $10 towards your pre-order, receive an additional $5 off. If your store has a midnight launch, you MAY qualify for an extra $25 gift card for attending (call store for more details).

newegg.gif
Newegg
$47.99 PC boxed version

:pc: Origin
(PC only) Physical Warfare Pack containing DAO-12 Shotgun, Flash Suppressor. Type 88 LMG, Flachette Ammo. Battlefield Play4Free Items: 870 Combat Shotgun, Beret

:pc:Digital Game Sales [Origin] Battlefield 3 SE: $31.99 - Battlefield 3 LE: $41.99

Link for both.

LE still includes Back to Karkand. No pre-order deals included.

Euro and RUS versions activate on Origin with no conflict as well. However, when you're playing the RUS BF3, it will say Battlefield 3 LE Russian instead of just Battlefield 3 LE, or something like that. The Euro release doesn't say anything in particular.

UPC Info
:ps3: non-LE: 014633197280 from buy.com needs physical/visual confirmation
:ps3: LE: 014633195927
:360: non-LE: 014633197372 from buy.com needs physical/visual confirmation
:360: LE: 014633195934

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FlipSide']Nice, poor newegg..lol[/QUOTE]

I'd hate to be the guy who keeps track of preorder numbers. His day is going to suck tomorrow.

AWESOME!!! Cancelled my Origins preorder for $47.69 shipped with coupon and bit on the Amazon deal. I had $20 game credit to use plus paid the rest in credit. Another $20 credit for the next game and dog tags code to sell lol.

EDIT: forgot to mention Origin is a pain in the ass to cancel. You must jump through hoops and finally talk to live customer support.. Now it's 5-6 days waiting on the Paypal refund... Why can't everyone be more like Amazon? I'll most likely never deal with Origin again unless there is a great deal.

I'm kinda nervous that EA is holding review copies of 360/ps3 till Monday. Doesn't sound like they are confident about it. Not sure if I want to pull the trigger even with $20 credit.

I went for it with Amazon. I had no intention of getting it right now but with this promo and extra incentives I can't go wrong. Now I have to find the time to play it this coming week. Too many good games out right now and in the near future. Great time to be a gamer.

[quote name='$hady']AWESOME!!! Cancelled my Origins preorder for $47.69 shipped with coupon and bit on the Amazon deal. I had $20 game credit to use plus paid the rest in credit. Another $20 credit for the next game and dog tags code to sell lol.

EDIT: forgot to mention Origin is a pain in the ass to cancel. You must jump through hoops and finally talk to live customer support.. Now it's 5-6 days waiting on the Paypal refund... Why can't everyone be more like Amazon? I'll most likely never deal with Origin again unless there is a great deal.[/QUOTE]

I was on hold with chat for 3 hours last night. Calling does not seem to be an option. The idiot on email said it is pending shipment when it still says processing. Did you call them? what number? :)
thanks

This is enough to push me over the edge. I thought the beta showed some promise even with its flaws, and apparently the developers are listening to the fan and fixing as much as they can. I have been passing on so many great releases lately waiting for a bountiful Black Friday....this will help me scratch that itch.

[quote name='aeneas3']I was on hold with chat for 3 hours last night. Calling does not seem to be an option. The idiot on email said it is pending shipment when it still says processing. Did you call them? what number? :)
thanks[/QUOTE]

for anyone curious, origin has their call me option up now. Just got off the phone and cancelled my origin order.

[quote name='DirtyBill']I'm kinda nervous that EA is holding review copies of 360/ps3 till Monday. Doesn't sound like they are confident about it. Not sure if I want to pull the trigger even with $20 credit.[/QUOTE]

You cant even play online yet and there day 1 patch wouldnt be available either. Would you want it reviewed as a single player game because that is what would happen.

[quote name='aeneas3']I was on hold with chat for 3 hours last night. Calling does not seem to be an option. The idiot on email said it is pending shipment when it still says processing. Did you call them? what number? :)
thanks[/QUOTE]

Nope I did the online chat thing through the site. Like I did it at 3:30 am so I was #3 in queue and it still took awhile. Then the Pam guy from the USA credit commercial comes on and wants 4 pieces of personal info to verify you actually ordered the item even on top of the order number..... Total pain in the ass, I'll avoid them for real websites.

[quote name='$hady']Nope I did the online chat thing through the site. Like I did it at 3:30 am so I was #3 in queue and it still took awhile. Then the Pam guy from the USA credit commercial comes on and wants 4 pieces of personal info to verify you actually ordered the item even on top of the order number..... Total pain in the ass, I'll avoid them for real websites.[/QUOTE]

That would be Peggy ;).......LOL

[quote name='Necrozilla']How long does Amazon.com promo credit last again?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']A year.[/QUOTE]
Really? Can others confirm too? I thought it was 30 days.

[quote name='Necrozilla']Really? Can others confirm too? I thought it was 30 days.[/QUOTE]

I order games from Amazon whenever they offer promotional credit and the email they send you for the promotional credit tells you the expiration date, which is a year.

Credit expires at the end of the purchase month one year in advance from looking at my old emails.. I think it used to be a month or two IIRC.

Example: I got credit for NBA 2K12 and Rage on 10/4/2011 both $10 codes would expire 10/31/2012. Good luck keeping them on your account that long, Amazon has magical powers of taking the dollars from your wallet. :D

Had this pre-ordered from BB because I was considering trying for the buy 5 pre-orders get $100 GC. I was going with this, UC3, MW3, Saints Row the Third, but I could not decide on the last title as I do not play Assassin's Creed. Talked to the video game manager at BB today and he confirmed they would be doing a B2G1 Free sale before Thanksgiving. I'll just get this from Amazon now with the $20.00 credit. I'll probably get UC3 and MW3 from Amazon too depending on if they offer any pre-order deals.

Ordered it yesterday using an old 20$ credit, but I just canceled and reordered to get the 20$ credit back. I haven't been to Gamestop in 2 years now.

The Amazon deal would be cool but they don't give $20 credits to each of the games. I ordered two copies of Gears 3 for my brother and I and I only got one $20 coupon. Kinda shady. I would bite on this deal too but I know the same thing would happen.

[quote name='mjc819']The Amazon deal would be cool but they don't give $20 credits to each of the games. I ordered two copies of Gears 3 for my brother and I and I only got one $20 coupon. Kinda shady. I would bite on this deal too but I know the same thing would happen.[/QUOTE]

It does say some place that only one is allowed per customer... My wife and i both have a amazon account so we can both get the credits.. if we want the same game.

Edit: this is right from the promo credit offer. "We will send you a promotional code via email within two days after your order ships. The code to access the exclusive content will be emailed to you within two days after your order ships. Limit one per customer."

definitely pumped that they added the $20 credit on amazon. was getting it there anyway but now i feel so much better about it.

[quote name='mjc819']The Amazon deal would be cool but they don't give $20 credits to each of the games. I ordered two copies of Gears 3 for my brother and I and I only got one $20 coupon. Kinda shady. I would bite on this deal too but I know the same thing would happen.[/QUOTE]

I thought about ordering two copies as well but oh we are SOL. I wouldn't go as far as calling them shady for allowing only one Promo Code though. :)

I still ordered one and will wait to find a good deal on one more. It is still the best deal going as of right now. I take it your brother is not old enough to order his own?

Combined with Amazon's 20 dollars off and Best buy's 5 game preorder deal, I really wish I didn't prefer to play multi-platform games on PC right about now.

Boo :(

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']Used the best buy extra 40% trade in, got 70$ for Space Marine, and Dead Island..I am okay with this![/QUOTE]

Wait, wasn't it 50% trade in bonus?

[quote name='DCpinoy']Wait, wasn't it 50% trade in bonus?[/QUOTE]

Only for Game Club members. I got and xtra 50% today, traded Mario Galaxy 2, Wii Sports and Mario Kart DS for $49.50!

[quote name='Fonz72']Only for Game Club members. I got and xtra 50% today, traded Mario Galaxy 2, Wii Sports and Mario Kart DS for $49.50![/QUOTE]

The 50% trade in bonus for BF3 is supposed to run until the end of today. Traded in last night for 50% bonus plus 10% unlocked bonus.

Not happy about 1.5 texture pack or install.$20 Amazon credit makes it easier to handle.
Call of Duty MW3 Double XP CCMAMLRCFS redeem at doritos.com.

I don't see what the big deal is w/ the 1.5GB texture pack. Then again, I don't play anything w/o installing it to the hard drive anyway.

10/25 can't get here soon enough!

[quote name='DCpinoy']The 50% trade in bonus for BF3 is supposed to run until the end of today. Traded in last night for 50% bonus plus 10% unlocked bonus.[/QUOTE]

MW3 gets you 50% as well.

[quote name='mrx001']Not happy about 1.5 texture pack or install.$20 Amazon credit makes it easier to handle.
Call of Duty MW3 Double XP CCMAMLRCFS redeem at doritos.com.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, used that code.

Just moved my order to amazon, obviously the best deal. I was going to use origin for my ps3 copy and I swear when I ordered it a couple months ago they promised the physical warfare pack, now when I look at their page it says that is for the pc only. I think they switched it, oh well, not using them anyway. Does anyone remember that or am I just losing my mind? Can't wait till Tuesday!

[quote name='eugaet']I don't see what the big deal is w/ the 1.5GB texture pack. Then again, I don't play anything w/o installing it to the hard drive anyway.

10/25 can't get here soon enough![/QUOTE]

I don't see the big deal either. It was either optional or no HD textures at all since they can't have a mandatory install like they can on the PC and PS3.

[quote name='_woLf']Combined with Amazon's 20 dollars off and Best buy's 5 game preorder deal, I really wish I didn't prefer to play multi-platform games on PC right about now.

Boo :([/QUOTE]
Real problem here is BF3 on PC is the best version because of graphics and 64 vs 64 multiplayer. Shame that no retail box copies are being discounted unless you got on that $47 newegg preorder. Although I did get a $42 digital download, a box copy still would of been nice so I don't have to download 11 gigs every time.

This may be a stupid questions, but is only PS3 limited edition the regluar one that one gets if they pre-ordered at BB or is that a different price? Is that also the XBOX360 regular version as well? Or are they 2 separate games?

Getting MW3, can't decide on this. The 360 demo never seemed to work for me.

How much do you think the dog tag pack will go for on Ebay? If I can bring the total down to below $30 with the sale of that and the $20 credit I may just have to get this.

[quote name='andrewl923']So if I preorder already in July, will the $20 be add to my account or do I have to cancel and order again?[/QUOTE]

I'm also curious about this.

[quote name='wuxbustah8']Getting MW3, can't decide on this. The 360 demo never seemed to work for me.

How much do you think the dog tag pack will go for on Ebay? If I can bring the total down to below $30 with the sale of that and the $20 credit I may just have to get this.[/QUOTE]

Eh, well it seems like the dog-tags just won't be as popular as the specact kits from
iconbestbuy.gif
or the physical warfare pack from
icongs_r1.gif
...honestly I wouldn't expect much more than $5...so thats about $35 for the game on day one...well worth it. I would buy it at $60 since I loved the beta but its up to you.

If only the Physical Warfare kit would be worth more than $30 then lol. I have gamestop credit to burn, just kind of waiting to use it on a B2G1.

Who knows though, its quite possible it could go for that much. I've seen simple skins go for $15 plus.

Best Buy pissed me off with their download version on their site (even though theyre refunding me like 25 bucks off the price and I'll just sell their key on ebay). So I ordered from Amazon but I ordered twice on accident, you think they'll refund me the second copy if i haven't used the keys?

[quote name='wuxbustah8']If only the Physical Warfare kit would be worth more than $30 then lol. I have gamestop credit to burn, just kind of waiting to use it on a B2G1.

Who knows though, its quite possible it could go for that much. I've seen simple skins go for $15 plus.[/QUOTE]

It would have to be someone really stupid as it's been posted everywhere that it will available for free to everyone later on

bread's done
Back