Battlefield 3 (360/PS3/PC) Pre-order Bonuses and Deals Thread

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Battlefield 3 - Release Date 10/25/11

All pre-orders are Limited Edition that inlcudes the Back to Karkand expansion pack for free. The expansion includes four maps from Battlefield 2 re-imagined in the Frostbite 2 engine, as well as Battlefield 2 weapons, vehicles, and unique rewards.

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
$20 $10 Credit 360/PS3 Versions + Release Day Delivery
$50.99 PC Download & Boxed Version
Dog Tag Pack containing 10 dog tags for multiplayer.

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
$10 off Battlefield 3 Strategy Guides
Get 40% extra trade-in credit with Battlefield 3 purchase (50% for GC Unlocked members)
PS3 160GB console + Battlefield 3 + Bluetooth Headset + 3-Month PSN Plus Subscription Card $309.96

Above deals good 10/23 - 10/29
SPECACT kit upgrade with 8 multiplayer skins (Code on receipt if checked out properly; emailed if RZ member)

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop
$10 gift card and double POWERUP reward points (PC download only)
Physical Warfare Pack containing DAO-12 Shotgun, Flash Suppressor. Type 88 LMG, Flachette Ammo (3 timed exclusive weapons, to be free DLC for everyone at a later date - and 1 early unlock)
30% Trade Bonus (50% trade bonus coupon available on www.poweruprewards.com through Sunday Oct. 23)

kmart.gif
Kmart
B&M: (PS3, 360) Shop Your Way Rewards Members get a $20 Gaming Coupon + Save $20 on X12 Turtle Beach or Save $30 on Sony 7.1 Headset

:360: Microsoft Store
Online: Get $10 off your next purchase when you pre-order Battlefield 3 + free next day shipping
B&M: Place $10 towards your pre-order, receive an additional $5 off. If your store has a midnight launch, you MAY qualify for an extra $25 gift card for attending (call store for more details).

newegg.gif
Newegg
$47.99 PC boxed version

:pc: Origin
(PC only) Physical Warfare Pack containing DAO-12 Shotgun, Flash Suppressor. Type 88 LMG, Flachette Ammo. Battlefield Play4Free Items: 870 Combat Shotgun, Beret

:pc:Digital Game Sales [Origin] Battlefield 3 SE: $31.99 - Battlefield 3 LE: $41.99

Link for both.

LE still includes Back to Karkand. No pre-order deals included.

Euro and RUS versions activate on Origin with no conflict as well. However, when you're playing the RUS BF3, it will say Battlefield 3 LE Russian instead of just Battlefield 3 LE, or something like that. The Euro release doesn't say anything in particular.

UPC Info
:ps3: non-LE: 014633197280 from buy.com needs physical/visual confirmation
:ps3: LE: 014633195927
:360: non-LE: 014633197372 from buy.com needs physical/visual confirmation
:360: LE: 014633195934

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Microshock']I see no reason why not, I thought my first order didn't process so I tried again and it resulted in two orders.[/QUOTE]

How on earth did you manage to do that? Their ordering process is about as simple as it gets compared to most other websites.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']How on earth did you manage to do that? Their ordering process is about as simple as it gets compared to most other websites.[/QUOTE]

Well I messed up and closed out of the page while it was processing the order so I ordered again thinking it didn't go through. Anyway, Amazon is awesome and refunded me the second copy.

[quote name='wuxbustah8']Getting MW3, can't decide on this. The 360 demo never seemed to work for me.

How much do you think the dog tag pack will go for on Ebay? If I can bring the total down to below $30 with the sale of that and the $20 credit I may just have to get this.[/QUOTE]

Don't expect much, looks like 3 ended yesterday on Ebay at $.99 no sale, couple more ending tomorrow and tuesday @ $.99 no bids...

People are retarded for in game skins, avatars and weapons codes. I love those things I sell 99.9% of them I get. :D

Did anyone else who pre-ordered from amazon get their $20 promo already? I didnt get an e-mail yet and my game has not shipped but I was gonna pick up saw 2 for the 6 bucks and it came out free so i checked and added another game and it was a total of $20 promo credit. Im sure I used up all my credit because my bf3 preorder came out to 39.99!

[quote name='BuDdyLe']Did anyone else who pre-ordered from amazon get their $20 promo already? I didnt get an e-mail yet and my game has not shipped but I was gonna pick up saw 2 for the 6 bucks and it came out free so i checked and added another game and it was a total of $20 promo credit. Im sure I used up all my credit because my bf3 preorder came out to 39.99![/QUOTE]

Just checked and no I didn't get the credit yet, faked an order and it only took off my $7.xx credit I had on my account. Are you sure you didn't forget about some credit? I never get the promos till monday or tuesday usually.

Also noticed it said my BF3 is expected delivery 11/1 - 11/8, I expect that'll change not worried either way though.

well if I had $40 credit would it have stacked onto my bf3 order correct? because I used the 20$ i know had for sure from gow3 when i preordered bf3 just two days ago. Not sure if it was a mistake or not but went ahead and used it on Dance Central 2...order came out to 29.99 + $10 promo credit and 400 ms points. :D

So I preordered today with Amazon for the $20 credit, but I also have this preordered with Best Buy.

Does anyone know how Best Buy is distributing their preorder bonus? It'd be great if it was emailed before purchase like Gears 3, so I can get both without having to buy it twice.

[quote name='Ham Salad 360']So I preordered today with Amazon for the $20 credit, but I also have this preordered with Best Buy.

Does anyone know how Best Buy is distributing their preorder bonus? It'd be great if it was emailed before purchase like Gears 3, so I can get both without having to buy it twice.[/QUOTE]

I think Best Buy has changed how they distribute pre-order bonuses. You actually have to pick up the game now. I think they scan a certain SKU on your pre-order reciept. Then the preorder bonus is printed on your new reciept. From what I heard, it started this way with Forza 4 because of how they messed up on the Gears 3 preorder bonuses.

I doubt any "exclusive" dlc will be worth much seeing as it will all be available later on either free or as paid for dlc.

[quote name='joeyshadows']I doubt any "exclusive" dlc will be worth much seeing as it will all be available later on either free or as paid for dlc.[/QUOTE]

True, but it does help to sell off DLC you don't want to offset the cost of the game.

Perhaps, but I didn't expect to sell my pre-order character skin for Gears 3 for $30 on ebay, but I did, and that was after the game was out when people were saying you had to have already sold it to get good money for it. Needless to say, I was uber happy. :)

Ok, so dumb question, but let's say someone bought BF3 from Amazon. Then they decided to go to BB at midnight to buy it as well and get the downloadable content. Then the Amazon one came the next day and they decided to return the Amazon copy to BB. Is that doable and would they keep the DL content?

[quote name='adamgould']Ok, so dumb question, but let's say someone bought BF3 from Amazon. Then they decided to go to BB at midnight to buy it as well and get the downloadable content. Then the Amazon one came the next day and they decided to return the Amazon copy to BB. Is that doable and would they keep the DL content?[/QUOTE]

I missed out on all the pre-order characters on Gears 3 just got savage kantus still trying to sell him.

So with bf3 I'm pre-ordering it from amazon bb and gamestop just keeping the amazon with $20 off keeping all the pre-order bonuses returning bb and gs copies but I think I'll only get one map pack code because I believe it will be in the game so you have to open it to get it.

[quote name='wune']Heard about this two days after I traded in three games.[/QUOTE]

Unless the base TIV on all 3 games were $8 or over it wouldn't have mattered, 3 for $10 got you more.

(3 x $8) + 10= $34
(3 x $8) x 1.5= $36

Does anyone know if the Best Buy pre-order bonus is sent via email? It says it will be sent that way around time of release, but I read a page back that they do it via a receipt. I'd love to just pre-order and cancel... Really wish I was getting the kits rather than the Physical Warfare DLC.

[quote name='Milly79']Does anyone know if the Best Buy pre-order bonus is sent via email? It says it will be sent that way around time of release, but I read a page back that they do it via a receipt. I'd love to just pre-order and cancel... Really wish I was getting the kits rather than the Physical Warfare DLC.[/QUOTE]

what i stated was what i read from the best buy thread. best thing you could do is call your local best buy and ask them.

[quote name='Milly79']Does anyone know if the Best Buy pre-order bonus is sent via email? It says it will be sent that way around time of release, but I read a page back that they do it via a receipt. I'd love to just pre-order and cancel... Really wish I was getting the kits rather than the Physical Warfare DLC.[/QUOTE]

also would like to know. if the dlc is is case that means I don't have to pre-order online now. I can then pick it up, beat campaign and trade it back in towards a 50%. can also keep all the codes.

I was in Best Buy earlier, and according to the guy (Who seemed to know what he was talking about), everything is packed ingame. (Or maybe on a sticker on the plastic wrap, like with a few other games recently)

FYI I preordered at BB online and just received my PO bonus via email but game is due in tomorrow, still unsure if another code is in game box will have to compare UPC codes they are usually different

Looks like Best Buy screwed up as when you redeem the email code it will say it is for the Battlefield 3 Dog Tag Bundle. Looks like a lot of those people on Ebay are going to be getting refunds and free Dog Tags.

[quote name='reddjoey']My code was on the receipt for BF3 @ BB[/QUOTE]

Mine is not printed on the receipt. I didn't think about it until I got home and looked. No email from Best Buy either.

Weird thing is at the top of the receipt it say EXCHANGE and that I'm returning my $5.00 down, then charge me $59.99 for the game. I've never pre-ordered with Best Buy before, so I'm wondering if it's supposed to be like that.

I was told at BB today when picking up my game that the code came via email and there was an issue with the first code they will send and BB is aware of it and sending a 2nd code. Humm just checked my email and had code 30 minutes after buying the game. Redeems for dog tag bundle. I wonder if this is the same as Amazon's content. And hopefully the 2nd email will come.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Mine is not printed on the receipt. I didn't think about it until I got home and looked. No email from Best Buy either.

Weird thing is at the top of the receipt it say EXCHANGE and that I'm returning my $5.00 down, then charge me $59.99 for the game. I've never pre-ordered with Best Buy before, so I'm wondering if it's supposed to be like that.[/QUOTE]

thats how my batman pre was processed and it showed up in my account properly in a few days.

[quote name='kklems']I was told at BB today when picking up my game that the code came via email and there was an issue with the first code they will send and BB is aware of it and sending a 2nd code[/QUOTE]

So can we get 2 codes? That would be awesome!

The game should be unlocked if you have a PC.

Just woke up.
Had it preloaded.
Ready to play.
Tomorrow work.
But right now, play.
All night.
fuck yeah
My penis = sore tomorrow
brb

I preordered in store via kiosk. They let us in early (11pm) to pay off the preorders early. I was chatting with other cumstomers so I didn't notice if they scanned an extra UPC or anything. Code was on the bottom of my receipt.

Best Buy and Amazons codes were mixed up. Got an official employee news e-mail. Best Buy will be re issuing the SPECTAT codes by Tuesday afternoon.

I never even got a first code from them. fucking BB screws everything up. Not that I'm surprised, I'm just sick of this shit.

[quote name='kouleefoh']damn the Karkand DLC is going for $25+ on ebay[/QUOTE]

WTF? Just about every serious BF3 purchaser will get a LE, especially people buying today. I'm expecting to see only $15-20, and that's down the road when most of the LE dry up, and it's not released yet.

Why can't the physical warfare pack go for $25? lol

Why can't BB actually give us our fucking SPECACT kits? I am so pissed today, reading about another BB clusterf*uck that we're going to have to wade through to get our damn DLC. After the inevitable bloody fight it's going to require to get my 5/$100 bonus, I'll be so glad to be done with pre-ordering from BB for awhile. Just going to spend my bonus money on some holiday sale stuff, and otherwise stay away from them for awhile. This is just ridiculous.

[quote name='sgaldis']Why can't BB actually give us our fucking SPECACT kits? I am so pissed today, reading about another BB clusterf*uck that we're going to have to wade through to get our damn DLC. After the inevitable bloody fight it's going to require to get my 5/$100 bonus, I'll be so glad to be done with pre-ordering from BB for awhile. Just going to spend my bonus money on some holiday sale stuff, and otherwise stay away from them for awhile. This is just ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Dude, it's Best Buy. I learned during the Gears of War 3 fiasco that the people who run the show don't care. I didn't expect anything different with this, since we never heard about them fixing/changing any thing. B:AC's went smoothly because they put the DLC in the case, lol. Maybe they should just do that from now. Then you at least have it.

The Online Pass IS the Karkand Map Pack or at least it will be available for free (for those with the Online Pass) WHEN the map actually comes out.

Anyway, I'm seeing a lot of people not getting their SPEC DLC well same here.
For those saying it's on the receipt, where exactly would it be?

[quote name='kouleefoh']damn the Karkand DLC is going for $25+ on ebay[/QUOTE]

What is this I don't even. I mean, it's worth at least $10 since it's an online pass but how and why are people selling the codes by themselves?! BF3 is useless without the online pass!

[quote name='Rhett']What is this I don't even. I mean, it's worth at least $10 since it's an online pass but how and why are people selling the codes by themselves?! BF3 is useless without the online pass![/QUOTE]

Flippers. Or there is a small minority of people that bought this for the SP aspect.

If you're looking at it from a flipping perspective. The Preorder bonus sells for $15, the game $40, The code $25. So that's $80 on a game that cost $60 with a $20 GC. Effectively doubling your money for cash.

The BBY flippers have credit built up and could have used it as 1 of the 5/$100. Meaning the same as above and getting one of the 5/$100 out of the way all while converting their BBY credit into cash.

Weird, I had $10 automatic promotional credit even though I don't remember ordering anything prior to this. Then I get an email for $20 code. So... I order Skyrim with Release Day shipping and total comes out to $29.99. Also Skyrim comes with $10 credit so it feels like a $19.99 purchase to me. Anyone else get in a similar situation. It's like BF3 came with a $30 credit instead. I'm happy though! :)

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Can any one look on their BBY receipt and post the SKU number for their SPECACT DLC? I would like to know the PS3 one.[/QUOTE]

My receipt did not have a code!

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Can any one look on their BBY receipt and post the SKU number for their SPECACT DLC? I would like to know the PS3 one.[/QUOTE]
It will only be emailed and right now they fucked up giving out the same codes Amazon got, so we're waiting on the correct batch.

For the people who did get an email, did you have to do anything special? I mean, they verified my email when I pre-ordered and picked it up so there's nothing logically stopping them from sending me a code.

In the BB thread, an "employee" said the clerks had to ring it up correctly for the code to print.

EDIT:

[quote name='musicjunkie']They changed the system again. Now assuming you preordered and their was preorder dlc the cashier has to hit suggested sale (F10) and add the dlc. Issue is hardly anyone in the company knows this since they did a terrible job of informing us. I was added to my store's midnight release at the last moment and was the only one who knew about it so the 20+ ppl who preordered/picked up at midnight almost didn't get their dlc.

It charges you $5 but packages out to 0 once the cashier hits total. The upside to this is the code is right on the receipt but the downside is if your cashier doesn't know about then no dlc for you.

Also not sure why some stores had next to no LE. My store only had about 60 preorders and we easily had 100 LE on PS3, 100 on 360 and 50 on PC and another 100+ non-LE for each. I think my store just gets lucky since when BB was reporting they oversold on Forza CE we had 10 but only 4 preorders.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back