Battlefield 3 (360/PS3/PC) Pre-order Bonuses and Deals Thread

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Battlefield 3 - Release Date 10/25/11

All pre-orders are Limited Edition that inlcudes the Back to Karkand expansion pack for free. The expansion includes four maps from Battlefield 2 re-imagined in the Frostbite 2 engine, as well as Battlefield 2 weapons, vehicles, and unique rewards.

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
$20 $10 Credit 360/PS3 Versions + Release Day Delivery
$50.99 PC Download & Boxed Version
Dog Tag Pack containing 10 dog tags for multiplayer.

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
$10 off Battlefield 3 Strategy Guides
Get 40% extra trade-in credit with Battlefield 3 purchase (50% for GC Unlocked members)
PS3 160GB console + Battlefield 3 + Bluetooth Headset + 3-Month PSN Plus Subscription Card $309.96

Above deals good 10/23 - 10/29
SPECACT kit upgrade with 8 multiplayer skins (Code on receipt if checked out properly; emailed if RZ member)

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop
$10 gift card and double POWERUP reward points (PC download only)
Physical Warfare Pack containing DAO-12 Shotgun, Flash Suppressor. Type 88 LMG, Flachette Ammo (3 timed exclusive weapons, to be free DLC for everyone at a later date - and 1 early unlock)
30% Trade Bonus (50% trade bonus coupon available on www.poweruprewards.com through Sunday Oct. 23)

kmart.gif
Kmart
B&M: (PS3, 360) Shop Your Way Rewards Members get a $20 Gaming Coupon + Save $20 on X12 Turtle Beach or Save $30 on Sony 7.1 Headset

:360: Microsoft Store
Online: Get $10 off your next purchase when you pre-order Battlefield 3 + free next day shipping
B&M: Place $10 towards your pre-order, receive an additional $5 off. If your store has a midnight launch, you MAY qualify for an extra $25 gift card for attending (call store for more details).

newegg.gif
Newegg
$47.99 PC boxed version

:pc: Origin
(PC only) Physical Warfare Pack containing DAO-12 Shotgun, Flash Suppressor. Type 88 LMG, Flachette Ammo. Battlefield Play4Free Items: 870 Combat Shotgun, Beret

:pc:Digital Game Sales [Origin] Battlefield 3 SE: $31.99 - Battlefield 3 LE: $41.99

Link for both.

LE still includes Back to Karkand. No pre-order deals included.

Euro and RUS versions activate on Origin with no conflict as well. However, when you're playing the RUS BF3, it will say Battlefield 3 LE Russian instead of just Battlefield 3 LE, or something like that. The Euro release doesn't say anything in particular.

UPC Info
:ps3: non-LE: 014633197280 from buy.com needs physical/visual confirmation
:ps3: LE: 014633195927
:360: non-LE: 014633197372 from buy.com needs physical/visual confirmation
:360: LE: 014633195934

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WV Matsui']Oops...

I did see on SD the way you could cheat the Orgins system to get the 25% off coupon that applies to the pre-order giving you the game for around $45 shipped[/QUOTE]

LOL....Please tell me more. How does this work?

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']yeah Amazon's pre-order bonus sucks, even Best Buy has a better one. Will get it at Amazon since I have $20 credit from FIFA 12 but will pre-order at GS and BB for the bonuses :D[/QUOTE]

im preordering from GS would you be interested in a bonus swap for your amazon.com bonus?

pm me if so

[quote name='Nesmaster75']The beta is now live on PSN![/QUOTE]

Where? I don't see it on the psn store... do you need a code?

found it by searching it, but my account can't dl it for some reason

*edit* seems like I need a MOH le code to play, oh well

I've been checking my e-mail all day for my 360 code with no luck, I'm so glad I got MoH for both systems, downloading PS3 version now.

[quote name='Brother Daz']printed on the receipt unless its the kind that is prepackaged into the game itself, but 95% of the time it'll be on your receipt[/QUOTE]

what does gamestop say when you return the game without the bonus? :)

my thought is similar:
- preorder from origin with 25% off birthday coupon + sell/trade pc code for guns
- preorder and pick up at midnight at gamestop

- return sealed origin copy when it comes in to GS (or do an exchange for credit at walmart)

for those in the beta, how is the game?

It's pretty good. The gunplay feels heavily influenced by MoH. The objectives, HUD, etc. feel like they're from BC2. I'm so glad I can prone now! It's really cool to see your character's arm and hand when your jumping over barriers or prone crawling. I'm disappointed by the graphics quite a bit. I'm hoping it's because it's in beta, but usually these betas are just multiplayer demos.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']It's pretty good. The gunplay feels heavily influenced by MoH. The objectives, HUD, etc. feel like they're from BC2. I'm so glad I can prone now! It's really cool to see your character's arm and hand when your jumping over barriers or prone crawling. I'm disappointed by the graphics quite a bit. I'm hoping it's because it's in beta, but usually these betas are just multiplayer demos.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, what system where you playing on and what exactly about the graphics disappointed you?

After playing for an hour or so, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I've been a big fan of BF, ever since 1942. I thought BF:BC2 Vietnam was near perfection. Gonna have to give BF3 more time.

[quote name='egonpax']Just curious, what system where you playing on and what exactly about the graphics disappointed you?[/QUOTE] PS3. Everything seems to have jaggedness and some of the textures seem low quality. I guess I expected it to look like that first trailer they put out. I'm not hating on the game in any way. It's extremely fun. I played the heck out of BC2 and will do the same for BF3. I just wish my little M11x could handle it on PC.

Edit: I hope this is not a multiplayer demo. I hope this is the Alpha disguised as the Beta or something. It needs polish. I've gone through the map more than five times. Sometimes I can't sprint when I press L3. Sometimes from across the map big letters will say, "Press Square to Pick This Up." Still having fun though. I love the Mirror's Edge-ness.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I'm so glad I can prone now! [/QUOTE]
Amen.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']It's really cool to see your character's arm and hand when your jumping over barriers or prone crawling.[/QUOTE]
I thought that was the best feature in Brink,glad to see it here, feels more natural to me.

[quote name='aeneas3']for those in the beta, how is the game?[/QUOTE]

I like it but seems like there still working out the kink (hence being a beta) I played the 360 version and I'm impressed so far only issue that really bugged me was my audio dropped out in-game. I thought it was my connection at first but it kind of picked and chose what it wanted to play. (example: couldn't hear anyone's gunfire except my own in the middle of a shootout)

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']It's pretty good. The gunplay feels heavily influenced by MoH. The objectives, HUD, etc. feel like they're from BC2. I'm so glad I can prone now! It's really cool to see your character's arm and hand when your jumping over barriers or prone crawling. I'm disappointed by the graphics quite a bit. I'm hoping it's because it's in beta, but usually these betas are just multiplayer demos.[/QUOTE]

Really? I felt the gunplay felt more like a Battlefield game to me.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']PS3. Everything seems to have jaggedness and some of the textures seem low quality. I guess I expected it to look like that first trailer they put out. I'm not hating on the game in any way. It's extremely fun. I played the heck out of BC2 and will do the same for BF3. I just wish my little M11x could handle it on PC.

Edit: I hope this is not a multiplayer demo. I hope this is the Alpha disguised as the Beta or something. It needs polish. I've gone through the map more than five times. Sometimes I can't sprint when I press L3. Sometimes from across the map big letters will say, "Press Square to Pick This Up." Still having fun though. I love the Mirror's Edge-ness.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.
That's unfortunate about the PS3 graphics but it is somewhat of a fault by them to show the PC version first (and for a while the only version they showed.) I wonder how a standard 6 year old PC would compare to the PS3/360.

Yeah the "beta" did seem like it had way too many bugs and glitches from the PC livestream I was watching last night. It does seem like the alpha, with a few less bugs. I mean the game is supposed to ship in one month so I doubt the "beta" is being used to fix any more bugs in the shipping game and is a way earlier build. (Yes I'm that excited about the game/beta that I tuned into justin.tv to find people playing it.)

Will anything from the beta carry over to the final game? I know with Uncharted 3's beta, if you did certain things you would get extra items or money in the final game.

[quote name='darkrequiem']Will anything from the beta carry over to the final game? I know with Uncharted 3's beta, if you did certain things you would get extra items or money in the final game.[/QUOTE]

They said that stats will get reset.

[quote name='aeneas3']what does gamestop say when you return the game without the bonus? :)

my thought is similar:
- preorder from origin with 25% off birthday coupon + sell/trade pc code for guns
- preorder and pick up at midnight at gamestop

- return sealed origin copy when it comes in to GS (or do an exchange for credit at walmart)

for those in the beta, how is the game?[/QUOTE]

It's OK. I'm trying to keep in mind it's only a beta, but it feels "floaty" and the sound seems really muffled and the guns feel "soft." Kind of like your playing in a bubble. There is no impact when you shoot someone. On BC2 you can really "feel" the kill and that doesn't seem to be the case here. The graphics are at least on par with or slightly better than Bad Company 2, there just seems to be a whole lot more going on in the enviroment. It seems they may have taken it a bit too far down the COD path............But I'll remain optimistic.

I did receive my first "hate" message for killing someone with a shotgun. That is something that has not happend in almost 200 hours of play in BC2. I'm hoping it was random as Battlefield players are usually much more mature.

[quote name='egonpax']Thanks for the info.
That's unfortunate about the PS3 graphics but it is somewhat of a fault by them to show the PC version first (and for a while the only version they showed.) I wonder how a standard 6 year old PC would compare to the PS3/360.

Yeah the "beta" did seem like it had way too many bugs and glitches from the PC livestream I was watching last night. It does seem like the alpha, with a few less bugs. I mean the game is supposed to ship in one month so I doubt the "beta" is being used to fix any more bugs in the shipping game and is a way earlier build. (Yes I'm that excited about the game/beta that I tuned into justin.tv to find people playing it.)[/QUOTE] Yeah! The game is supposed to ship in less than a month. That scares me a little bit. I wish they had chosen a different map. I'm not as impressed as much as I was when I had played the BC2 multiplayer demo. They need vehicles in the beta. Lots of vehicles like in the BC2 beta/demo!

[quote name='Fonz72']It seems they may have taken it a bit too far down the COD path............But I'll remain optimistic.[/QUOTE]
It's the map, trust me I feel the same way. If they open up the beta to Caspian, that's a whole different story.
[quote name='VindictiveGnome']Yeah! The game is supposed to ship in less than a month. That scares me a little bit. I wish they had chosen a different map. I'm not as impressed as much as I was when I had played the BC2 multiplayer demo. They need vehicles in the beta. Lots of vehicles like in the BC2 beta/demo![/QUOTE]My only guess here is they're trying to test this map now, because I can imagine it wouldn't be very popular at all given the choices in retail. Coming from a BF2/BC2 player, this is quite honestly the worst map they've ever done. I'm ashamed of them.

[quote name='Fonz72']It's OK. I'm trying to keep in mind it's only a beta, but it feels "floaty" and the sound seems really muffled and the guns feel "soft." Kind of like your playing in a bubble. There is no impact when you shoot someone. On BC2 you can really "feel" the kill and that doesn't seem to be the case here. The graphics are at least on par with or slightly better than Bad Company 2, there just seems to be a whole lot more going on in the enviroment. It seems they may have taken it a bit too far down the COD path............But I'll remain optimistic.

I did receive my first "hate" message for killing someone with a shotgun. That is something that has not happend in almost 200 hours of play in BC2. I'm hoping it was random as Battlefield players are usually much more mature.[/QUOTE]

Change the audio to "War Tapes" and surround sound or at least stereo. The default is "Stereo Off." It almost felt like underwater before changing the sound. Guns still feel a little soft and even the hit detection graphic is hard to see but with the sound change it does feel better.

[quote name='Jodou']It's the map, trust me I feel the same way. If they open up the beta to Caspian, that's a whole different story.[/QUOTE]

this has already been done... sort of and only for pc players

[quote name='Fonz72']I did receive my first "hate" message for killing someone with a shotgun. That is something that has not happend in almost 200 hours of play in BC2. I'm hoping it was random as Battlefield players are usually much more mature.[/QUOTE]
I had this happen in Gears of War 3 the other day. Guy was getting mad at me for using the scorcher when he was using the mulcher. People don't make any sense. They put guns in the game for a reason. So people can use them.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I had this happen in Gears of War 3 the other day. Guy was getting mad at me for using the scorcher when he was using the mulcher. People don't make any sense. They put guns in the game for a reason. So people can use them.[/QUOTE]

yes. i got the same for the scorcher too, in king of the hill. the guy complained and I messaged him back telling him next time I will not use a weapon and let him take the hill...

as for bf3, waiting for the open beta to play around a bit.

I keep getting stuck on rocks or holes in the ground. It's extremely frustrating. I also keep getting a weird glitch when I reload. My character reloads, but the animation doesn't happen. The more I play the more glitches and rough spots I see. With less than a month to go...I don't know. We'll see.

[quote name='Tropicat']Change the audio to "War Tapes" and surround sound or at least stereo. The default is "Stereo Off." It almost felt like underwater before changing the sound. Guns still feel a little soft and even the hit detection graphic is hard to see but with the sound change it does feel better.[/QUOTE]

I'll try that for sure, I didn't figure the beta would have many options, I just jumped in and played. Kind of funny in 2011 "Stereo Off" is the default. I have a 10" sub next to my couch and the tank cannons on BC2 are insane!

[quote name='LazyTriangle']this has already been done... sort of and only for pc players[/QUOTE]
I know, which is why I said 'open' it to beta and they probably will in a week or so.

I just played the beta on 360 on my roommate's Xbox. Compared to the PS3 version, the 360 version seems much better. I didn't run into any bugs (maybe I just didn't play long enough?). The graphics didn't have all the jaggedness the PS3 version had. The graphics seemed better looking.

[quote name='Eiridan']Amazon digital download has it at around 42 dollars right now.[/QUOTE]

I just saw this. I can say, my $20 credit from GoW3 does not work with the pc digital download. It does work for the hard copy though. I'm also wondering if we get the bonus expansion pack with the digital download like the hard copy. It doesn't say.

[quote name='Eiridan']Amazon digital download has it at around 42 dollars right now.[/QUOTE]
Damn you Amazon. I could save like $5 over a newegg preorder but then I wont have a hard copy and have to spend a few days downloading it, decisions :whistle2:k

Nice :) Just the deal I was looking for from Amazon. Placed my preorder for the PC DL. IMO that's a better deal than just $20 credit.

[quote name='scarhawk']Nice :) Just the deal I was looking for from Amazon. Placed my preorder for the PC DL. IMO that's a better deal than just $20 credit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just submitted my cancellation to Newegg. A $20 credit is nice but I would rather have some money off the game now because I don't know if I will want to buy more games in November seeing I have 3 games already paid off at Best Buy. $42 is nice and since everything goes through Origin might as well spend the day downloading it since Newegg fucked around a day getting my Rage to me so I would guess it would take about the same time anyway.

[quote name='Gerbar']Does the PC download version for Amazon also receive the Back to Karkand map pack?[/QUOTE]
Yeah it does, or at least I am like 99% sure it does. Amazon lists it on the Battlefield 3 page and I am assuming all preorders get it.

Feel free to ignore if people think I am off-topic. For those of us still considering where to pre-order for the consoles, what are people's opinions in terms of pre-order bonuses? Specifically which one do you think is best and why?

I've read that the Physical Warfare Pack are just early unlocks. As you level up, you will get all of those items. If true, then the Gamestop bonus might not be all that great. I haven't found any further news about the other pre-order bonuses, hence my question. Thanks in advance for any advice.

[quote name='zeroxsyn']I just saw this. I can say, my $20 credit from GoW3 does not work with the pc digital download. It does work for the hard copy though. I'm also wondering if we get the bonus expansion pack with the digital download like the hard copy. It doesn't say.[/QUOTE]

This was a promotion that was set up pre-dating our digital offerings, all promotions moving forward should apply correctly. Sorry for the confusion. Send me a PM though when you get a chance.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Damn you Amazon. I could save like $5 over a newegg preorder but then I wont have a hard copy and have to spend a few days downloading it, decisions :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Sweet!

Will cancel my Amazon $49.99 retail box pre-order.

Screw the dog tags.

I'm done with collecting boxes anyways.

:cool:

:EDIT: Link for the lazy
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005Q47M56[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gerbar']Does the PC download version for Amazon also receive the Back to Karkand map pack?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah it does, or at least I am like 99% sure it does. Amazon lists it on the Battlefield 3 page and I am assuming all preorders get it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for this mis-communication, it absoultely comes with the same pre-order bonuses as the physical copy. The message you saw, or didn't see, was my miss and should be up now.

Cheers,
Tony

bread's done
Back