Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

[quote name='htown01']Yeah, the main screen after the match is over still shows how many kills/deaths you achieved.

I played 5 matches last night, 2 of them I was in squads who used headsets, the other 3, there was silence. Not good. It was probably because the non-COD players had not gotten their copy early.

I'll see tonight.[/QUOTE]

Hate playing when nobody has a headset. Squad is freaken silent =/
I only played about 4 games so far and only one person had a headset.

So far I'm in love. Little disappointed with Amazon because my roomate ordered the game and it wasn't in the mail today...as promised -__-

As far as the game goes it's fucking incredible. Total COD lover here but this I can already tell is gonna keep me playing for months. The feeling of accomplishment I get when my team wins a rush game is better than going 20-0 in COD. I am still however incredibly against the whole not being able to hear people other than your squad. If you just so happen to get put with people that don't use mics and other squads are full you're pretty much shit out of luck.

[quote name='htown01']Yeah, the main screen after the match is over still shows how many kills/deaths you achieved.[/QUOTE]

I was referring to the in-game scoreboard, which, now I know, it does. Thanks, though.

I got an unexpected hour to play today, and I can breath a sigh of relief. The gameplay is MUCH like BC2, and I was back to consistently being near the top, unlike the BETA, and more like BC2. Didn't notice too many COD-y players with insane KD's, which is great. I played conquest, and only conquest, and it felt more like BF2 conquest than BC2 conquest, which is obviously a very good thing. I DID crash out of my last game, and only about 38 minutes of my playing was saved. Of course, it was my best game, and I had about 3000 points halfway through. :roll:

Anyway, all in all I like what's there, and I'm forgetting the horrid BETA. It is certainly enough to replace Gears 3 as my multiplayer game. I won't get to start playing in long stretches until this weekend, but I'm excited to start playing some rush, and maybe even some TDM (although I am almost POSITIVE that will be all COD players). I'll be playing this one for awhile.

Enjoying myself so far.

Biggest issue I have is the damn base/point icon in conquest.

Don't know if it's just my TV but when capturing or defending the thing is almost right in the middle of my screen.
Lost count of how many times someone killed me when it blocked my view.

I can't seem to find the dogtags I got from the preorder, and yes, I did enter the code, and yes, it did download. Where do I get them in the game?

Wow, the single player is soooooo throw away. Just beat it on hard and it cant be more than 3 or 4 hours long. Makes very little sense and could pose as Swiss cheese with its holes. I am actually surprise it was that bad....I know its a MP game but for throw us a bone for petes sake.

Anyway back time to start why we all got it in the first place.

[quote name='matto1233']I can't seem to find the dogtags I got from the preorder, and yes, I did enter the code, and yes, it did download. Where do I get them in the game?[/QUOTE]

I think they are in the My Solder section. All of mine came up too, they are eh.

Seems like the servers are getting hammered. It's either hit or miss when trying to join a game, and then it sends you to the main menu.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Seems like the servers are getting hammered. It's either hit or miss when trying to join a game, and then it sends you to the main menu.[/QUOTE]

And mine gets stuck in the main menu. It's a crapfest.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']And mine gets stuck in the main menu. It's a crapfest.[/QUOTE]Yeah I know. The only way to get out of that infinite loading screen in the main menu is to dashboard out.

[quote name='matto1233']I can't seem to find the dogtags I got from the preorder, and yes, I did enter the code, and yes, it did download. Where do I get them in the game?[/QUOTE]

When you are in the my soldier thing, go to dogtags and then you have to press either RT or RB to go to the right dogtag. Then the preorder dog tags are on the bottom

I pretty much expect server problems on the first day or three of release for any major multiplayer-focused game. Sigh.

Connection issues with playing online, and I can't get in to the Gun Club website or the Battlelog website.

So is there anyone that hated the beta and bought the game anyways???If so, I want your opinion of the game. :D Actually anyone can chime in.

I hated the beta but with Kmart having a buy $110 get a $50 gaming coupon in 2 weeks when MW3 comes out, I was thinking of picking up MW3 and BF3.

Actually they dont have an excuse for this massive screw up. It was announced a while ago that they had over 3 million pre orders...they had a very good guess at how many people would be on in the first few days.

Sigh....have been trying to get into a game for about an hour while watching some tv.

I don't really know why you're all so shocked. This happens day 1 with any big release no matter how many servers or pre-orders. It's going to happen to MW3, The Old Republic and it happened to BF3.

Still fucking sucks though. Hopefully it will be fixed soon...

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Did BC2 opening day have these problems? This is my first time doing release day for BF.[/QUOTE]

This has now happened with the past 5 BF games:

BF2 MC (Xbox and 360)
Bad Company
Bad Company 2
BF 3

EA/DICE probably buys the minimum amount of servers to be cheap as hell then buys more when the game doesn't work for the first 3 days

The single player is awful minus the jet mission.

[quote name='Nealocus123']I don't really know why you're all so shocked. This happens day 1 with any big release no matter how many servers or pre-orders. It's going to happen to MW3, The Old Republic and it happened to BF3.

Still fucking sucks though. Hopefully it will be fixed soon...[/QUOTE]

Well, MW3 doesn't use servers, so I can't see how that's possible. This really is inexcusable for DICE, if you pay full price for a game, you expect it to be working on day one. Like someone said, they knew the pre-orders, and they tested the net-code with the beta. Like always, EA is just too damn lazy. This is why I chose the 5-8 day shipping on my pre-order, not day 1, knew EA would fuck up.

When you at the menu at looking at My Soldier and are scrollling through the guns and attachments, the screen has this little flicker to it. Whoever had the idea to make the screen flicker every time should be hurt very badly.

[quote name='AJVtony831']So is there anyone that hated the beta and bought the game anyways???If so, I want your opinion of the game. :D Actually anyone can chime in.[/QUOTE]

Get it. The only reason I kept my preorder was because BF is my favorite FPS series of ALL time, and I don't regret it. It plays NOTHING at all like the BETA. Plays a lot more like BC2.
Did BC2 opening day have these problems? This is my first time doing release day for BF.
Yes, BC2 had it for, like, the first week or so. I remember they had a gigantic stats reset, and I was freaking out, but then they fixed it.

[quote name='seanr1221']Servers are up.[/QUOTE]

Got into 3 games just now, finished one, other two cut out part of the way through. I give up tonite to fight another day.

I'm loving this game!!! My gf is jelly. XD
It gets time getting use n I hated the beta n rush but now I love rush.
Devmand Peak free falling=Epic!!!

so i played SP for like an hour and then jumped into some TD. now im not a huge online FPS kind of guy but i really enjoy the MP in this game. unlike COD where people just spray like maniacs you have to be pretty accurate with your shots and a few well placed shots do the trick. played about 5 rounds of TD not one person had a mic and only once did the game get so damn choppy i was getting killed because my screen was going crazy. pretty fun online game for sure.

Earlier in the night I couldn't connect or even edit/view my soldier stuff but was finally able to get in later until the game me and a buddy were playing in disconnected us both.

Anybody else have an issue with the gunclub/battlelog not giving you credit/dog-tag for BFBC2 Vietnam?

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Did BC2 opening day have these problems? This is my first time doing release day for BF.[/QUOTE]

Yes. BC2 was also fucked up at launch.

Unfortunately these companies don't have to care if we can play or not on opening day. They already have our money.

Finding the Uprising mission on singleplayer to be incredibly frustrating on hard. Have died nearly two dozen times on the same part before it froze on me and I gave up. Considering this isn't very far into the game, I'm in for a long haul here. Will probably resort to watching a video because I assume I'm doing something wrong at this point. (Edit - nope, I just suck)

[quote name='KaneRobot']Finding the Uprising mission on singleplayer to be incredibly frustrating on hard. Have died nearly two dozen times on the same part before it froze on me and I gave up. Considering this isn't very far into the game, I'm in for a long haul here. Will probably resort to watching a video because I assume I'm doing something wrong at this point.[/QUOTE]

Uprising is actually easier, just wait until you get to Tehran. I'm also playing the campaign on hard, and have died several times where you are trying to get into the building (after crossing the water and blowing up the 2 sandbag locations). :twoguns::censored: :whistle2:(

I turned off the console.

Thank god we had that server beta to load test and make sure everything would work right away!

Oy Vey...

I played a little bit of the MP tonight and liked what I saw. The maps are my favorite part so far. They seem so different and unique when compared to some of the other FPS games out there. It's a fun little game.

gonna play through campaign and then trade in to BB. I'll likely re-buy when an Ultimate Edition comes out. I still have lots of mp achievements in BC2 to finish.

Can someone explain how I get my n7 dt? I registered everything and it doesn't show up. I did the online pass, linked my ea info (already had one) and did the my gun site. Did I miss something?

[quote name='tukai']Can someone explain how I get my n7 dt? I registered everything and it doesn't show up. I did the online pass, linked my ea info (already had one) and did the my gun site. Did I miss something?[/QUOTE]

I did nothing and got it. It should be on the right tag only.

[quote name='woodcan']Earlier in the night I couldn't connect or even edit/view my soldier stuff but was finally able to get in later until the game me and a buddy were playing in disconnected us both.

Anybody else have an issue with the gunclub/battlelog not giving you credit/dog-tag for BFBC2 Vietnam?[/QUOTE]

That listing is for BF Vietnam on PC, not BFBC 2 Vietnam.

[quote name='Soodmeg']and there down again.[/QUOTE]

Got on about 45min ago without a problem and managed to play through a couple full rounds. Try logging in again.

What does everyone use the most?

I mainly run my engineer class with
- M4A1 / Holo sight / Foregrip / Tactical Light
- Normal pistol & rocket launcher
- M15 mine
- Sprint specialization

I find myself pretty inept at most battles without my trusty rocket launcher. So nice to have when a vehicle comes at cha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you EA servers for completely wasting my 2 hrs of playtime I had until the weekend, ugh.

Still excited for the first real time I get in a match. So far I was able to connect to one match and was promptly sniped and then kicked.

[quote name='Nealocus123']
What does everyone use the most?
[/QUOTE]

Trying to unlock one of my favorite Beta combo's;

PKP+Holo+Grip+Mag
Suppression or Squad Sprint

The slow firerate and extended mag let me unload all 200 rounds nonstop on an MCOM and kill/screw up the vision of enemies while my squad moved forward and (dis)armed it.

The first 20-40 rounds are all over the place, then you regain control and it's a like a water hose.

OH NOSE!! Servers are down and the Battlelog site. I played about 4 hours tonight, first 30 minutes was me trying to get in a game lol. Last night I was mainly a medic tonight I fell in love with engineer probably tomorrow support lol.

Rocking my Scar with a RDS for now. I love blowing up enemy vehicles especially air support with stingers since people still jockey to get in them. :D

Is there a CAG group gamertag for BF? I know COD has a few....

[quote name='htown01']Uprising is actually easier, just wait until you get to Tehran. I'm also playing the campaign on hard, and have died several times where you are trying to get into the building (after crossing the water and blowing up the 2 sandbag locations). :twoguns::censored: :whistle2:(

I turned off the console.[/QUOTE]

I had trouble with those 2 areas also on hard, but I got through them. In both cases, I figured hanging back and picking off the enemies the whole way doesn't work well. You have to balance being conservative and being very aggressive (run and gun). Once I added the aggression into the mix, I got through the next attempt. Good luck because I shared your frustration.

I will say this, from the little time I did get to play its vastly worth them being down. Game is fucking legit.

Yeah game plays like a better BC2, and I loved BC2.

The menu ui is shit though. That little flicker is terrible and unless I'm mistaken, I was only able to look at the attackers weapons. How do I check the defenders?

bread's done
Back