Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

So I assume it is possible for anyone to set up a CAG BC2 gamertag, yes? If so, I'll just set one up to make the entire process of finding people easier. Does that sound good to everyone?

The M1 Garand is seriously rape in a tube.

I dont know why but I crush people to death with the thing. Its amazingly accurate from virtually anywhere but super long and powerful enough to just spam like a semi auto at close range. 2 hits and your face explodes.

I am having trouble adjusting to any other weapon because of its awesomeness.

Just beat the single player campaign. The ending totally snuck up on me and I'm not sure if it's because I was having so much fun that I didn't feel the culmination of everything looming or simply because the last level was no more awesome than some of the levels I played before. Overall, I really enjoyed the game and would probably give it a solid 8.5 or 9.

And like my much-loved CoD4, I don't really see myself coming back to it for the multiplayer (for some reason the only multiplayer series that has clicked with me this gen is Left 4 Dead) but putting a lot of hours into it merely for the single player experience.

[quote name='tenma']Just beat the single player campaign. The ending totally snuck up on me and I'm not sure if it's because I was having so much fun that I didn't feel the culmination of everything looming or simply because the last level was no more awesome than some of the levels I played before. Overall, I really enjoyed the game and would probably give it a solid 8.5 or 9.

And like my much-loved CoD4, I don't really see myself coming back to it for the multiplayer (for some reason the only multiplayer series that has clicked with me this gen is Left 4 Dead) but putting a lot of hours into it merely for the single player experience.[/QUOTE]

As much as the SP is completely predictable with very few stand out set pieces, I found myself having a decent amount of fun with it anyway.

Its much better than the first one and your team actually a decent job. I beat it today on hard after only a couple hours.

[quote name='benjamouth']Is it? I was going to ask that very question.

As long as it is I might start playing with a headset on.

EDIT - Is there enough people to get CAG only games going yet?[/QUOTE]

This game can be open mic for those who are NOT in a squad -- however if you are in a squad, only your squadmates can hear you and you can only hear your squadmates.

GT: III HydroX III
Kit: Assault/Engineer (also play Medic and Recon when I feel it's needed)
Available: Every night after 10pm Central Time. During the day sporadically.
Up for multiple squads?: Always.

this game is pending in but I won't be playing for a while (sending elite in for repairs...)

how are stats tracked in this game? can someone also give a breakdown of gamemodes and amount of people in a party?

Squad Deathmatch - 4 v 4 v 4 v 4, first squad to 50 kills wins.
Squad Rush - 4 v 4, small scale Rush mode with single M-COMM targets.
Rush - 12 v 12, multiple M-COMM targets (2 per base) to attack or defend.
Conquest - 12 v 12, 3 points to capture and keep control of.

Just played with Bloodbath for awhile, and it was definitely more enjoyable than playing with randoms. It was nice to have someone that talked, and that I could coordinate some with. I would definitely love to play with some more CAGs if anyone wants to.

GT: Schmackledorf
Kit: Assault/Medic (engineer sometimes on vehicle-oriented maps)
Available: Every night after 7 PM except Monday and Wednesday, on which I'm free after 10 PM. I usually play a lot during afternoons as well when I'm not in class.

Up for multiple squads?: Definitely.

Btw, I'm going to send anyone who put their gamertag on here a friend request.

[quote name='Rico21745']Got a game together with FrankCastle last night, I have also added all the CAGs who have openly asked to group up for BC2 in this thread. My GT: Rico21745, just so you guys know. I will probably be getting another game together at 9PM or so Central time, so add me if you're interested in playing together. I use the Mic quite a bit, and I revive/heal the crap out of people on my team, so maybe you'll enjoy playing with me :p

Good game last night frank, btw. Was pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

thanks rico, that was a good time. definitely have to do it again.

im definitely up for playing with some more cag's. game is so much more fun with people actually trying to coordinate and not just get kills and not defuse the fucking targets. i was trying to go for a higher k/d ratio on this game than what i have on cod (i suck), but i realized this game just doesnt work that way. sometimes you have to make sacrifices and take one for the team if it will help. so i have stopped obsessing and checking my k/d after every game lol.

GT: FrankCastle2007
Kit: really digging medic and engineer. i suck with the other two.
Available: well with a job, wife, and kids my time varies. usually afternoons while kids are napping and evenings after the wife goes to bed.
Up for multiple squads?: absolutely

see you guys on the battlefield.

Wow, there is nothing better than a a full Blackhawk (with a competent pilot), mini guns blazing, tearing up assholes on Valparizo!

I tried my hand piloting a Blackhawk last night and circled an M-COM station trying to clear out defenders. Did a decent job, but for some reason, even though my controls were set on inverted, pulling back caused the chopper to go forward and vice versa. Anyone have any issues with inverted not being inverted?

[quote name='moojuice']That's the thing. When I played last night, our team had all four flags uncontested on Panama Canal for about a minute and a half. During that period, my squadmate killed a guy, I killed a medic trying to revive him, and the counter dropped by two. We then lost two flags at once, making it 50/50. After losing those two flags, the other team still only lost those two tickets.

And for what it's worth, when we had those 4 flags, I was specifically paying attention to those tickets because I was suspicious from a few previous rounds that tickets weren't being drained.

Then again, it's very possible I was just imagining things.[/QUOTE]

Huh, not sure then. I just know that my team was getting wrecked by the other side but we still won because they never bothered to control more than one flag at a time. Took forever though. I do hope they patch that to go faster because you're right, it becomes a deathmatch.

my first and only experience flying a helo lasted 4 seconds before i crashed and blew up. i leave the flying to my squad mates.

[quote name='paz9x']my first and only experience flying a helo lasted 4 seconds before i crashed and blew up. i leave the flying to my squad mates.[/QUOTE]

haha, yeah, it's a rarity that I can fly a chopper successfully. usually the only thing I succeed at is flying it off the map or into the water (or both). I will always step aside and let someone else fly it, 'cause I'm a way better gunner than pilot.

I can usually pilot a helicopter pretty decently, so if I play with some of you guys at some point, I can fill that roll if needed. I actually piloted one of the helicopters on Islas Inocentes tonight and slowly circled the island while facing sideways so my right-side gunner had full firing range on the enemy. It was pretty tight. Kind of reminded me of the ending to the first Matrix or something like that. I'll just warn you up front though that I'll often fly close to things (i.e.-almost clip a building, the ground, or the water), so don't freak out thinking I'm going to crash; usually I have it under control.

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured out how to pilot decent when I was playing Rush, I'd just keep taking the helicopter and crashing next to the objectives. Its not too hard to figure out, you hold RT and push RS forward (I switched to legacy control) and you go forward, if you're high enough you won't crash (at least right away). I'm not good at all but I did win my first heli vs heli fight today :)

[quote name='spedmunki']How do you use the parachute? I've heard conflicting controls, and none seem to work.[/QUOTE]

The A button works for me. Takes a second to deploy though.

Put my headset on last night and no-one else in my team was talking, so that was a waste of time. We still seemed to do ok though, even without verbal communication.

[quote name='benjamouth']Put my headset on last night and no-one else in my team was talking, so that was a waste of time. We still seemed to do ok though, even without verbal communication.[/QUOTE]

When you get a good team that communicates you can tear some shit up.

I am sorely disappointed in conquest mode. Its my one actual gripe. WTF Dice?

It goes from being my all time favorite mode back in Modern Combat on the PS2 to barely even recognized as the main mode. Although rush isnt a half bad replacement conquest mode was where it was at.

I wonder if this is intentional considering they completely left it out of the last game until enough people bitched. Hmmm, what direction is Dice taking BF?

[quote name='Soodmeg']I am sorely disappointed in conquest mode. Its my one actual gripe. WTF Dice?

It goes from being my all time favorite mode back in Modern Combat on the PS2 to barely even recognized as the main mode. Although rush isnt a half bad replacement conquest mode was where it was at.

I wonder if this is intentional considering they completely left it out of the last game until enough people bitched. Hmmm, what direction is Dice taking BF?[/QUOTE]

Modern combat conquest was the best on Backstab. That map was the perfect size, not too big or too small.

[quote name='benjamouth']Put my headset on last night and no-one else in my team was talking, so that was a waste of time. We still seemed to do ok though, even without verbal communication.[/QUOTE]

well if theyre in a squad then you wouldnt be able to hear them. you need to join a squd in game if youre not playing with friends.

[quote name='spedmunki']When you get a good team that communicates you can tear some shit up.[/QUOTE]What's even more fun is if you're on a good squad and the other team/douchebags are only going after kills and not disarming. Complete and utter domination.

Idiots we played against last night got their two M-COM stations destroyed within 2 minutes by our squad. I think they may have been going after achievements 'cause I had a sniper be way off the map stabbing me and another dumbass come running behind me. I heard his footsteps, turned around and shot him. He didn't even bother firing a shot.

Woo hoo, cracked the top 10 in the world in skill level, even if I dont know how I got there. :cool:

badcompany2.jpg

Okay I ordered my copy of BF:BC 2 from Amazon because of the $20 credit . I emailed amazon because I wanted to know that approx. time it would take to recieve the credit . I got a reply from one of the support ladies and she told me they had me covered . I thought to myself " that really didnt answer my question " , but I just didnt reply again . I heard my doorbell ring this afternoon and at my door I found a package from amazon , I then was like HELL YEAH i got my copy of FF13 early , I then opened it to find a SEALED NEW copy of BF:BC 2 . So in other words they sent me a whole new game even though I clearly didnt ask for one . BUT I am very happy now because me and my friend BOTH have copies now !!!!!

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Modern combat conquest was the best on Backstab. That map was the perfect size, not too big or too small.[/QUOTE]

I miss conquest on Backstab. This conquest sucks, but its better than rush

Played a few games with Doodle, Conboy, and Bloodbath last night. Great fun was had by all, and we won every single game we played.

Don't get in the helo if Bloodbath is flying it, btw, just don't. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slickkill77']I miss conquest on Backstab. This conquest sucks, but its better than rush[/QUOTE]

Out of all the games I have played, Backstab is by far the best map, hands down. I wish they would do a remake.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Out of all the games I have played, Backstab is by far the best map, hands down. I wish they would do a remake.[/QUOTE]

BF 2 MC had some of the best maps ever. Backstab. Bridge to much(far). Full Frontal (with the ghetto van). And that other jungle/desert map.

Yeah the other desert map was good two. Bridge too far was a bitch if people glitched in the sky and on Backstab the house between flag 4 and 5. Thats my only complaint about that game. DICE has been pretty damn good at churning these games out. It's like the perfect blend of all types of war and put into a game.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']What's even more fun is if you're on a good squad and the other team/douchebags are only going after kills and not disarming. Complete and utter domination.

Idiots we played against last night got their two M-COM stations destroyed within 2 minutes by our squad. I think they may have been going after achievements 'cause I had a sniper be way off the map stabbing me and another dumbass come running behind me. I heard his footsteps, turned around and shot him. He didn't even bother firing a shot.[/QUOTE]

it sucks being on one of those teams. in the majority of games yesterday each member of my 3 man squad had 2-3x the score of the next closest guy and more than half the 12 man team was under 800pts. it blows my mind how many players go recon and sit around the edges of the map in rush. i can get half as many kills as any of those guys and still easily triple their scores.

my favorite is if im disarming and 2 teamates come in and huddle around while an opponent comes in and shoots all of us in the back.

[quote name='spedmunki']Anyone else loving the return of C4 ghost jeeps?[/QUOTE]

You...can do that? I think I just might cry in joy :lol:.

Unfortunately, I am playing too many games to be able to join a squad and play on a regular basis, but I have got to say that this is the most fun I have had playing online since COD4 was released. It has everything I want and I find little moments in every game that make it pure fun (Turning a corner to see a tank barrel staring at your face and then watching it blow up from a buddy's RPG anyone? Uh yea!).

My friends are huge MW2 fans and refuse to buy this game. I, on the other hand, can't stand MW2 and will only play BC2, so you see my situation.

[quote name='Pck21']You...can do that? I think I just might cry in joy :lol:.

Unfortunately, I am playing too many games to be able to join a squad and play on a regular basis, but I have got to say that this is the most fun I have had playing online since COD4 was released. It has everything I want and I find little moments in every game that make it pure fun (Turning a corner to see a tank barrel staring at your face and then watching it blow up from a buddy's RPG anyone? Uh yea!).

My friends are huge MW2 fans and refuse to buy this game. I, on the other hand, can't stand MW2 and will only play BC2, so you see my situation.[/QUOTE]

fuck em dude, find some other people to play with. Yeah that C4 on the car thing was REALLY popular on BF 2 MC. You can do it in BC 1 but it was not as effective.

[quote name='doodle777_98']try4ndrunf0rcov3r M60 Machine Gun
your3mynextt4rget QBU-88 Sniper Rifle
cov3r1ngthecorn3r Uzi

Free guns.[/QUOTE]

Edit: Nevermind, they are for Bad Company 1 not 2.

There is simply way to many snipers in this game, which means it must be pathetically easy to snipe.

I would have to say that 3/4 of all my deaths come from being sniped. I was really getting into squad deathmatch (very fun ass mode) before I realized I was going to spend the majority of my time just dodging sniper fire.

It almost puts a downer on the entire game for me...I hate when a FPS gets sniping wrong. I havent played enough to really say if they got it wrong on not though.

[quote name='Soodmeg']There is simply way to many snipers in this game, which means it must be pathetically easy to snipe.

I would have to say that 3/4 of all my deaths come from being sniped. I was really getting into squad deathmatch (very fun ass mode) before I realized I was going to spend the majority of my time just dodging sniper fire.

It almost puts a downer on the entire game for me...I hate when a FPS gets sniping wrong. I havent played enough to really say if they got it wrong on not though.[/QUOTE]

Playing the Recon class is more than just "sniping", so IMO they got sniping right.

It's just that everyone is like "I'm a sniper!!11!!1" so you see 5 snipers on one team (Rush mode) and everyone else is outnumbered greatly vs. the objective.

Better than cheesy ass quick-scoping in MW2.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']fuck em dude, find some other people to play with. Yeah that C4 on the car thing was REALLY popular on BF 2 MC. You can do it in BC 1 but it was not as effective.[/QUOTE]

Oh they are pissed at me for switching "alliances" lol! I want to get some more time in on other games before I commit myself to a squad. This is my online game of choice though.

I had no idea I could ghost ride stuff with C4. I'm really wanting to get out of work and try that! :lol: Imagine...2 vehicles and 2 ATVs with 3 packs of C4 on them, ghost riding into town and then....boom. I would seriously pee my pants in laughter!

[quote name='Soodmeg']There is simply way to many snipers in this game, which means it must be pathetically easy to snipe.

It almost puts a downer on the entire game for me...I hate when a FPS gets sniping wrong. I havent played enough to really say if they got it wrong on not though.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say they got it wrong. I would say they improved it so much that people want to play with that class more. It's hard to hit people on the run and the bullet gravity takes time to get timed right. Once people realize that they aren't ranking up as fast because they're not doing the objective (I'm looking at you Rush snipers!) then you will see more of the other classes playing a bigger role. Right now, people are just feeling out the game for their type of play style. It happened in COD4 at first too.

I'll be on around 7:30 central tonight, so if anyone wants to get a game going, I'm know I'm already friends with most of you, but invite me, my gamertag is Ostro 7.

I'm sooooo sad right now :whistle2:(

I "borrow" internet from neighbor and the other day my neighbor moved away and took there internet with them so now my xbox can't get online no more :whistle2:(

So my copy of battlefield bad company 2 is useless :whistle2:(

Today I went to gamestop ....... and traded it in to recoup my losses got 37.50 cents for it

I'm soo depressed this was one of my favorite games I got to play it for 1 day thought

Luckily I was able to "borrow" some internet from another neighbor so I can go online but sadly this connection can't get my xbox online :whistle2:(

I'd say they made sniping easier in this one than in BC1. I spent a good amount of time sniping in that game (roughly 20 hours), and it definitely took skill. Although you didn't have to counter for gravity, the bullet delay was significantly longer, and often it seemed like you'd have farther shots to take. I remember how frequently I would fire and then see two or three seconds later that I nailed someone in the head. It made shooting at moving targets that much more of a feat.

@Matto1233: I'll be on after 8 PM, so I'll send you an invite or something.

bread's done
Back