Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']I'm sooooo sad right now :whistle2:(

I "borrow" internet from neighbor and the other day my neighbor moved away and took there internet with them so now my xbox can't get online no more :whistle2:(

So my copy of battlefield bad company 2 is useless :whistle2:(

Today I went to gamestop ....... and traded it in to recoup my losses got 37.50 cents for it

I'm soo depressed this was one of my favorite games I got to play it for 1 day thought

Luckily I was able to "borrow" some internet from another neighbor so I can go online but sadly this connection can't get my xbox online :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

BUY internet , Seriously even though it can cost between $15-$60 IMO its totally worth it :D .......and NO I do not have a HIGH paying job I just have enough by only eating Ramen Noodles and Koolaid :D

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Yeah the other desert map was good two. Bridge too far was a bitch if people glitched in the sky and on Backstab the house between flag 4 and 5. Thats my only complaint about that game. DICE has been pretty damn good at churning these games out. It's like the perfect blend of all types of war and put into a game.[/QUOTE]

Yea once the glitching started hardcore the game started to get old, but even when the wall/c4 glitching first started the game was unrivaled. There was nothing like holding down 4 on backstab when people were rushing in

[quote name='Soodmeg']There is simply way to many snipers in this game, which means it must be pathetically easy to snipe.

I would have to say that 3/4 of all my deaths come from being sniped. I was really getting into squad deathmatch (very fun ass mode) before I realized I was going to spend the majority of my time just dodging sniper fire.

It almost puts a downer on the entire game for me...I hate when a FPS gets sniping wrong. I havent played enough to really say if they got it wrong on not though.[/QUOTE]

thats why you sit back and use the back button to sight them so your teammates can take them out. i have taken out so many snipers this way. as soon as they are spotted they are useless.

[quote name='slickkill77']Yea once the glitching started hardcore the game started to get old, but even when the wall/c4 glitching first started the game was unrivaled. There was nothing like holding down 4 on backstab when people were rushing in[/QUOTE]

I loved blowing those fucking campers up,they thought they were safe.

[quote name='Soodmeg']There is simply way to many snipers in this game, which means it must be pathetically easy to snipe.

[/QUOTE]

How is that different from any other fps game? Its not that hard to kill snipers....

Love having snipers on the other team when playing rush and defending. Played a game today where there were 3 snipers decently spaced out on a hill across the water from the objective. I think they were trying to set up some mortar strikes. Switched to recon class and got them out of there in a hurry.

I typically play Assault, but I'll mess with Recon every once in a while. If I'm defending and I'm with a good squad that stays on the objectives then I switch to snipe other snipers and mark other infantry headed in. I'll rarely go Recon on the attack though, unless I have really good teammates who go after objectives or we keep getting killed by sniper fire.

Just sucks that between my son/friends/work, have not played since Wednesday, when I played pretty much straight from 10 pm till 7 am. hopefully will get to play some time tonight

White pass is starting to get really annoying with all the attic snipers. As of late, any time I play that map, my goal isn't to capture the points, but to take down as many fucking houses as I can.

What the hell is wrong with the match making and why has it not been fixed yet.

My only complaint with classes is having too many assault wimps on my team. I'm trying to finish the achievement for that class but I always have 80% assault classes on my team and we all just run and hide from tanks the entire game its really lame.

Anyone looking for someone to play with send a friend request. I'm not great, just looking for fun people to run with. Just got the game and playing medic.

connectivity issues. all my stats, pins, weapons, and progress all got deleted. really really hope to get them back when fixed!!!!

[quote name='Soodmeg']Uhhhh....stat reset?[/QUOTE]

My stats reset, then were restored. Finally got into a game but then got kicked after 15 min. They say they are working on servers issues.

Damn it, should I continue to play or wait until its fixed?

I dont want it to save over my actually stats.

Hmm... I took it off of hardcore searching since I went in solo and ended up finding out I was put in a hardcore match after accidently killing an ally who was about to get knifed by the enemy. Was wondering why spotting wasn't showing any red triangles.

Then later in the game, I shoot the people in front of me to have an ally spawn behind me and start shooting me in the back. Before that though, I killed a guy and backed up thinking there was an enemy behind me and fired and killed my newly spawned squad mate. Oh man, I guess I pissed him off because he knifed me later.

Is Magnum Ammunition for all weapons? Just unlocked it and it doesn't actually say, however I can use it on all my classes, anyone know for sure?

[quote name='drbutchevil']Is Magnum Ammunition for all weapons? Just unlocked it and it doesn't actually say, however I can use it on all my classes, anyone know for sure?[/QUOTE]

I would think it's only for pistols (Yes, I know magnum ammo isn't specific to pistols). I just more or less looked it up though and it supposedly applies approximately a 1.25 multiplier to damage. Doesn't really work with sniper rifles though.

EDIT: Changed stuff after looking it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished the campaign. Really short, but I liked it. The sound and destructible environments set it apart from most other shooters, but I wouldn't recommend it based on single player alone.

Trying to play online right now and can't connect to any servers. =/

Message on the screen after the title screen says they are experiencing connectivity issues. Shocker.

Why are they never prepared?

--------------

I dig the single-player more than I was expecting to. Nice change from single player and spec ops in MW2. I like how the guns feel in this one.

The one thing I hate about Battlefield games is that the matchmaking is absolutely broken for the first week or two. I've only played with friends once since the game came out. Every other time we've tried to get into a match we just sit in a lobby searching for matches for five minutes and never find anything.

What happened to the soldier page on the official site? I want to pimp my stats out but the /soldier page is just getting me a 404 error now. Maybe it'll be back after they get more servers (eventually).

[quote name='Draekon']I would think it's only for pistols (Yes, I know magnum ammo isn't specific to pistols). I just more or less looked it up though and it supposedly applies approximately a 1.25 multiplier to damage. Doesn't really work with sniper rifles though.

EDIT: Changed stuff after looking it up.[/QUOTE]

So it does work for stuff like Assault Rifles, and LMGs?

Has anyone else had this weird BLACK PIXELATED glitch while using the GOL sniper rifle ?? It never did it to me until I started using the GOL . It actually made me think my PS3 was getting YLOD ?? Anyone ??

Wow, this is bullshit. Launch a game that is completely broken right out of the gate. This is damn near unacceptable.

I played about 4 games this morning and could never log back on.

I was given a PS3 VIP code with this game (don't ask) so when I inputted it, it said successful, and I even tried a ME2 Cerberus code, which also said successful, so I guess a: I can input any code into any part of EA's store, and b: The VIP codes are console specific.

If anyone has a spare 360 VIP BC2 code and wants to trade for an unused ME2 Cerberus code, please PM me.

[quote name='drbutchevil']So it does work for stuff like Assault Rifles, and LMGs?[/QUOTE]

Correct. The reason why I said it doesn't work on Sniper Rifles is because you wouldn't be able to kill anybody with less amount of shots if you are using it.

And if anyone cares, here's an ok weapons sheet: http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/5759/1291348-f_13corlwgm_0ae7216.png

EDIT: Noooo, I got booted from the server. Looks like EA Online is now completely down. So much for my 'don't log off policy' during this connection fuck fest. On the bright side, I ran over somebody while driving the wave runner. Just hope that getting disconnected doesn't fuck my stats over like it did last time this happened.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Wow, this is bullshit. Launch a game that is completely broken right out of the gate. This is damn near unacceptable.

I played about 4 games this morning and could never log back on.[/QUOTE]

Easy champ, that's the EA servers for ya. All EA games (I'm an avid NHL series fan) have this problem, especially when a new game with many players arrives on the scene.

i am on a 360.

GT: ThisCuddlyBear

If anyone is lookin' for someone to play. Not the best but I enjoy havin' fun causin the other team to always keep their eye out for me.

The most satisfying thing about this game has to be sniping helicopter pilots and watching the helicopter fall to its demise.

EDIT:
[quote name='Flak']What happened to the soldier page on the official site? I want to pimp my stats out but the /soldier page is just getting me a 404 error now. Maybe it'll be back after they get more servers (eventually).[/QUOTE]

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...03/02/bc2-site-experiencing-high-traffic.aspx

I was playing last night with my brother in law and he was telling me after every match that his stats would say he earned expeience, but that his total was 0/6500. Has anyone seen this glitch before? I can't find anything about it on any other BC2 message boards.

MjC

I can't believe how horrible the servers are. It's been almost a week and I can still only play two or three games at most before the game craps out and I end up not being able to get back into a game for hours. :bomb:

Damn shame because I love it when it works. Really reminds me of what made me fall in love with BF and BF2 back in the day.

[quote name='JoeFlacco4God']I can't believe how horrible the servers are. It's been almost a week and I can still only play two or three games at most before the game craps out and I end up not being able to get back into a game for hours. :bomb:

Damn shame because I love it when it works. Really reminds me of what made me fall in love with BF and BF2 back in the day.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if theres any relation to your setup? i had a problem once the day of release where i had to exit out and restart. but ive got 13-14 hours played and not a single other connectivity problem. maybe it doesnt like certain routers/switches/hubs or combination?

OMFG.

Had one of my best games trying to max out the most hated recon kit. 5 vehicles destroyed, mortar strike called in on another one, 15 or so kills and 2 deaths....countless asst, save, etc etc.

Team is down to 4 tickets and boom...can not connect to server. Straight ass.

No one bought this game for the SP, can you imagine if ME2 SP went down every 3 hours.

Same thing just happened to me. Everything was going well, then disconnect on 360.

I have never been able to connect with my copy of the PC game. Every time it refuses to connect to the EA Server.

should i pick this up now while everyones into the multyplayer or should i wait? kinda been debating getting it at all but im tired of mw2

[quote name='Poor2More']I really had the urge to get some more MP time before FF XIII but servers are down : ([/QUOTE]

Same reason I'm playing the crap out of it now.

[quote name='jab1235']should i pick this up now while everyones into the multyplayer or should i wait? kinda been debating getting it at all but im tired of mw2[/QUOTE]

It'll still be lively down the road, but it'll likely be a little more competative than it is now with more people forming full squads and having everyone unlock everything and learn to do well with specific classes.

This is ridiculous seriously.

2 games and then wait 4 hours, 1 game here and wait 2 hours, 3 games here wait 30 min.

bread's done
Back