Battlefield Bad Company 2; Vietnam (1200 points) out; plus 4 new free maps

[quote name='KaneRobot']This Dr. Pepper thing is really pissing me off. What the hell is going on? I guess the 5 codes I'd already amassed are no good now since the "promotion has ended."[/QUOTE]

From the Dr. Pepper website:

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Please see code under the cap or inside packages of specially marked Dr Pepper products. Enter Codes/Get Rules/Free Code Info on DrPepper.com. Subject to full Official Rules. Void where prohibited. Ends 12/31/10. Request Free Codes by 12/31/10. Redeem by 1/31/2011.

The only thing the site says about 3/31 is that they were distributing bottles with the code until that point, which I assume means that once the bottles with the current codes are sold that you wont be able to get a code from buying Dr. Pepper. Your current codes should be fine until 1/31/11.

Haven't played in a couple of days, but when I booted up yesterday to download Map Pack 2, it already said it downloaded? Does the game automatically update?

[quote name='menikmati']Haven't played in a couple of days, but when I booted up yesterday to download Map Pack 2, it already said it downloaded? Does the game automatically update?[/QUOTE]

Mine did.

[quote name='menikmati']Haven't played in a couple of days, but when I booted up yesterday to download Map Pack 2, it already said it downloaded? Does the game automatically update?[/QUOTE]

The maps are already on the disk. If you're connected to Live and a VIP it just unlocks them for use automatically.

[quote name='whiptcracker']The maps are already on the disk. If you're connected to Live and a VIP it just unlocks them for use automatically.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, didn't know they were already on-disc.

[quote name='lordopus99']Weird my stats show blank again... :roll:[/QUOTE]

yeah mine too.. went to load up a game and I had the n00b weapons again. Rank 1. I hope this is just a temporary glitch, because I'll be fucking irate if I have to go back through and rank up again.

[quote name='HydroX']yeah mine too.. went to load up a game and I had the n00b weapons again. Rank 1. I hope this is just a temporary glitch, because I'll be fucking irate if I have to go back through and rank up again.[/QUOTE]

April Fools!

[quote name='drbutchevil']April Fools![/QUOTE]

That's what I thought at first, but if this is DICE's idea of an April Fool's joke, I'm not laughing.

I was ready for some serious grind today to finish these damn unlocks. Only one thing left to get.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Doing Et Tu Brute achievement now - if anyone is on that I didn't add, we're partying up right now. Myself, lordopus99, scotts, & Flak are on. Join our party and we'll work you in.

Edit - done. Thanks to everyone who showed up. We can set up another one later on if people still need it. Also like Schmackledorf said, we should get a private match going sometime in the coming days...can work on Demolition Man and a couple of the other goofy achievements if nothing else.

hah.[/QUOTE]

So thats why you sent the party invite. I was in a party with my squad. oh well.
in the future messages work better especially when im in a game/party.

had some terrible games. im just garbage with the recon and assault classes. getting better with recon using motion mines a lot spotting and mortar striking in defense and spotting and destroying with c4 on offense. was dominating a group of about 6 recon/"super snipers" who kept crowding the roof of a building, id think after killing them all atleast once theyd have even shot back in my general direction.

[quote name='drbutchevil']April Fools![/QUOTE]

I don't think this was an April Fools joke. It was a legit server glitch. I was level 31 before april fools day. I started a game today and my weapons were gone like everyone else. They came back midway through the round but at the end of the round my rank reset to 30. It also made me go down 2000 or so on the leaderboards. Very frustrated with EA's shitty servers. Most of their online games always have problems.

I had some great games last night. 7 of my friends have the game and we have been forming 2 squads of 4 guys (4 of us in one and 3 of us and a random in another) and have been absolutely dominating. If you want to win (in Rush anyways) you need to form a squad and communicate. I can't begin to describe how awesome this is. The experience and fun ramped up to an 11 just because of good squad play! :D

Otherwise, I have been experiencing some things that I need vent on here:

1.) Sniping a guy on a stand alone AT. I can't seem to hit or kill anyone with a sniper rifle while they are on a stand alone AT...ever. I watch the bullet travel right through the head or the body with no hit detection or anything. Anyone else have this issue?

2.) Glitching into walls, stairs, and tanks. A few times, I have tried to run up stairs in the 3 story buildings on Port Valdez, only to run through them and fall to my death. I have been snagged or stuck on a few walls on every level. A few times it has gotten me killed. When I try to repair a tank at a certain angle and the driver moves slightly, I glitch right into the tank and can't repair it. I can move out of it, but it's weird.

3.) Getting out into games with people who are WAY above my level. I'm a level 11 right now and I still keep finding games where the other team is full of 30+ level people. It's the same result when I was a level 2. Am I the only one?

[quote name='Pck21']I had some great games last night. 7 of my friends have the game and we have been forming 2 squads of 4 guys (4 of us in one and 3 of us and a random in another) and have been absolutely dominating. If you want to win (in Rush anyways) you need to form a squad and communicate. I can't begin to describe how awesome this is. The experience and fun ramped up to an 11 just because of good squad play! :D

1.) Sniping a guy on a stand alone AT. I can't seem to hit or kill anyone with a sniper rifle while they are on a stand alone AT...ever. I watch the bullet travel right through the head or the body with no hit detection or anything. Anyone else have this issue?

2.) Glitching into walls, stairs, and tanks. A few times, I have tried to run up stairs in the 3 story buildings on Port Valdez, only to run through them and fall to my death. I have been snagged or stuck on a few walls on every level. A few times it has gotten me killed. When I try to repair a tank at a certain angle and the driver moves slightly, I glitch right into the tank and can't repair it. I can move out of it, but it's weird.

3.) Getting out into games with people who are WAY above my level. I'm a level 11 right now and I still keep finding games where the other team is full of 30+ level people. It's the same result when I was a level 2. Am I the only one?[/QUOTE]

1. I experience this as well.
2. Never has happened to me.
3. This continues when you get higher up. I am level 26 and everyone on the other team now is around level 30+. The only time this doesn't occur with me is when I join a friends game.

The only things that bother me at this point are as follows:
1. Trying to join a squad and never getting on one... as previous stated, you can't win rush without teammates. Happens fairly frequently when I play without people on friends list.
2. Shotguns and M1911 pistol shots from sniper range... nowhere close to realistic.
3. I experienced my second kickout to dashboard within past 2 days. I thought the server problem was over with... ugh.

Question: How do you roadkill with the land vehicles? I hit opponents yet it just pushes them and normally they drop C-4 at that point. I am just trying to get one of my last two vehicle pins.

[quote name='lordopus99']Question: How do you roadkill with the land vehicles? I hit opponents yet it just pushes them and normally they drop C-4 at that point. I am just trying to get one of my last two vehicle pins.[/QUOTE]

Same here. The ATV is the only one I can get roadkills with.

[quote name='Pck21']I had some great games last night. 7 of my friends have the game and we have been forming 2 squads of 4 guys (4 of us in one and 3 of us and a random in another) and have been absolutely dominating. If you want to win (in Rush anyways) you need to form a squad and communicate. I can't begin to describe how awesome this is. The experience and fun ramped up to an 11 just because of good squad play! :D

3.) Getting out into games with people who are WAY above my level. I'm a level 11 right now and I still keep finding games where the other team is full of 30+ level people. It's the same result when I was a level 2. Am I the only one?[/QUOTE]

1.) I can usually snipe people off the AT's theres only a little bit of their head showing so it hard to hit.
2.) I was having problems getting stuck quite a bit last night, it only got me killed once or twice but it got pretty annoying.
3.) I dont know if rank is taken into account at all when searching for a match

Several people I was playing with yesterday afternoon, 3pm CST lost stats/weapons/rank for about 30min or so. There was 1 game where I took 2 M-Comm stations and got not points for it. It eventually cleared itself up, but was very strange, especially since there was nothing on Twitter or the news feed.

[quote name='BL00DW0LF']I dont know if rank is taken into account at all when searching for a match[/QUOTE]

I think the matchmaking is either...

A. Completely random
B. Done by "Skill Level" (see: leaderboards)

Just starting to get the hang of this game, liking it a lot thus far. Leveled Medic a bit and then decided to mess around with Engineer because all the squads I join are terrible.

Feel free to add me if you are looking for some people to play with.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Anyone have a problem with achievements unlocking? For some reason the one where when you get 3 weapons in the recon kit is still locked for me.[/QUOTE]

Have you unlocked 3 guns? Or 3 things (mortar strike, red dot, whatever else) .. because it's 3 sniper rifles only.

[quote name='HydroX']Have you unlocked 3 guns? Or 3 things (mortar strike, red dot, whatever else) .. because it's 3 sniper rifles only.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Even the Stats-o-matic shows I've unlocked 3/3. I'm working on the 4th now after getting the 12x scope so hopefully that will do it.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Yep. Even the Stats-o-matic shows I've unlocked 3/3. I'm working on the 4th now after getting the 12x scope so hopefully that will do it.[/QUOTE]

The gun you start with doesn't count. You should have 4 guns total before you get the achievement, the last one being the SVU. I remember using the 12x scope quite a bit before unlocking the achievement so I'm pretty sure you haven't unlocked 3 guns yet :p

The only thing I have seen is that you can't get all bronze weapons or all bronze insignas since you dont get credit for kills with the M1A1.

[quote name='lordopus99']The only thing I have seen is that you can't get all bronze weapons or all bronze insignas since you dont get credit for kills with the M1A1.[/QUOTE]
Blows that it even counts since they don't advertise how to get the Garand at all in-game so I suspect a majority of players don't even have it unlocked. That and the glitch.

I'd much prefer the next update be a major glitch fix rather than balance tweaking.

I played the demo for this before it came out. I was really, really impressed with it. Would love to pick the game up!

[quote name='bs000']The gun you start with doesn't count. You should have 4 guns total before you get the achievement, the last one being the SVU. I remember using the 12x scope quite a bit before unlocking the achievement so I'm pretty sure you haven't unlocked 3 guns yet :p[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, thanks. Thought I only had three before the Medic/Engineer ones unlocked but I wasn't sure and the stats page thing threw me off. Good to know.

[quote name='Schmackledorf']A friend of mine showed this to me. It makes me happy :D
[/QUOTE]

I saw that on another site... this is so staged. Look that the medic or the sniper never shoots at the UAV which is easily a couple feet away from them.

[quote name='lordopus99']I saw that on another site... this is so staged. Look that the medic or the sniper never shoots at the UAV which is easily a couple feet away from them.[/QUOTE]

Well the medic is obviously working with the guy on the UAV. They're probably friends in a party that happen to be on opposite teams. I don't think the sniper necessarily is in on it though considering he tries to shoot the UAV down several times; he just wasn't able to do it.

[quote name='Schmackledorf']Well the medic is obviously working with the guy on the UAV. They're probably friends in a party that happen to be on opposite teams. I don't think the sniper necessarily is in on it though considering he tries to shoot the UAV down several times; he just wasn't able to do it.[/QUOTE]

That's what I figured. Either way it's still amusing.

This should come in tomorrow, so I may start adding some of you (from Rhett819) if you don't mind. I'd love to play in some squads, after experiencing the lonesome life of constant failure in BC1 without non-random squads.

Looking forward to my favorite class, the Engineer :)

Also, lawls @ the camper video above.

I have really been enjoying this game. There are random moments that come off so cinematic that if they didn't happen to me, I would think they were scripted. Only classes left are Recon and Engineer. Curious if they will/can add more dlc in the form of class perks to work towards.

Rhett you in the triangle?

Hey guys, haven't played for a while but I finally have some free time tonight. Looking to get the Demolition Man achievement hopefully today seeing as it is my last one. Afterwards I probably will want to play a couple of matches. Add me up! I'll be online for the next 2 to 3 hours!

[quote name='homeland']I have really been enjoying this game. There are random moments that come off so cinematic that if they didn't happen to me, I would think they were scripted. Only classes left are Recon and Engineer. Curious if they will/can add more dlc in the form of class perks to work towards.

Rhett you in the triangle?[/QUOTE]

At first I was like "Triangle? Wha?" -- then I realized "Duh! Triad!" ...

Yes. Kernersville, near Winston Salem.

Adding 'homeland', HydroX, and 'bigdaddybruce44'.

am happy to playwith anyone mostly play rush then conquest have done anything in squad rush and dm(dont have mic at the moment just ordered one but willing to follow)

btw the video is hilarious even if the medic is in on it the campers rage must of had been epic

I've been playing solo for a while to get some of my less-enjoyable classes high enough to get all my achievements/weapons unlocked (ie I am a shitty teammate), but I'll be jumping in with more of you guys again probably by the end of the week.

I don't think I'm ever going to get that goddamn Demolition Man achievement unless we somehow get a huge group together to all work on it. I probably don't even have one kill so far.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I've been playing solo for a while to get some of my less-enjoyable classes high enough to get all my achievements/weapons unlocked (ie I am a shitty teammate), but I'll be jumping in with more of you guys again probably by the end of the week.

I don't think I'm ever going to get that goddamn Demolition Man achievement unless we somehow get a huge group together to all work on it. I probably don't even have one kill so far.[/QUOTE]

I would be up to do the Demolition Man achievement if we can get some sort of group together. I was reading on the 360achievements.org forums about getting that achievement and there seems to be some methods to boosting it.

Maybe we should start a game night or someone start a CAGBC2 thing on Xbox to make it easier?

I'm always up for whatever, but I'm not on very often and sometimes I'm just gaming with my wife.

[quote name='DomLando']I would be up to do the Demolition Man achievement if we can get some sort of group together. I was reading on the 360achievements.org forums about getting that achievement and there seems to be some methods to boosting it.[/QUOTE]

If it can be boosted, I would be up for it.

Before stats-o-matic went down it said I had only 4 of them and I have been playing for lots of hours... I can't imagine getting this legit.

[quote name='lordopus99']If it can be boosted, I would be up for it.

Before stats-o-matic went down it said I had only 4 of them and I have been playing for lots of hours... I can't imagine getting this legit.[/QUOTE]

There seems to be a way to do it in squad rush mode.

It seems to me that there's no good way to take out a helicopter that has a half-decent pilot and gunner. We had an enemy Hind circle strafing our base with our entire team trying to take it out with no luck. Those things are damn hard to hit with anything but the mounted guns, and that guy was good at keeping us off of them.

Also is there a CAG game night for this game? I'd like to get in on some of that.

bread's done
Back