BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TooPoor']Seriously? Questioning my math?
The equation is 10+10+5+1.2+3=29.2
$1.2 cannot possibly be shipping, so I assume $1.2 was tax, which is the tax for a $25 item (2 games and a magazine)

1.2/25=0.048
0.048 * 100% = 4.8%[/QUOTE]

Your estimate was kinder than mine. I was placing 2 mags, 2 games, tax & shipping at ~$36. It's all the same though. Anything greater than $26 drives home the point.

I gave an estimate of $36.02 as well. Which is 2 mags ($10) , 2 games ($20), envelope cost ($0.25), First Class shipping ($3.15 for 11oz if I remember correctly) and tax (8.75% where I live, which turns out to be $2.6), gas and time not included.

Saix gave the lower bound of 29.2, and based on the equation he gave I derived that his tax rates to be as low as 4.8%. gotdott somehow thinks I got my math wrong.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So wait, how much does it cost to steal the coupons?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't cost anything, AND it comes with free police car ride!

[quote name='Dark Rider']It doesn't cost anything, AND it comes with free police car ride![/QUOTE]

Math AND morality posts on the same page, nice.

Picked up my 360 KoA copy today from a local VA BB (Falls Church). Checked the shelves and there were NO copies for sale. Looks like this store was already cleaned out; hopefully not by hoarders. Hopefully BB will restock KoA for the sale, if not there will be a lot of unhappy people.

Oh my mother effing shitballs, KoA for $10? I don't subscribe to @Gamer but desperately want this coupon... hmm.

In the unlikely event that someone would be willing to pass one along to me, I would love a PM about it.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Picked up my 360 KoA copy today from a local VA BB (Falls Church). Checked the shelves and there were NO copies for sale. Looks like this store was already cleaned out; hopefully not by hoarders. Hopefully BB will restock KoA for the sale, if not there will be a lot of unhappy people.[/QUOTE]

Crap, I don't want to hear that. I'm in springfield, was hoping to hit up either the Fairfax or Springfield BB today to grab a copy. If I can't find any at either, I'll swing by the two in Crystal City tomorrow or monday.

I hope I find a copy, I've actually been looking forward to getting a hold of this game!

Can the coupons be gotten and used online? The closest Best Buy is almost an hour and a half round trip for me.

Just got back from BBY looking for KoA:R. After 15 min going through the R section with no luck I decided to try the K section on the off chance BBY was being just plain dense. Guess what I found? 8 copies of the game...I tried to explain everything to the CS rep but he just stared at me blankly and walked away. He was muttering something about being a douche...I was not sure though. Oh well I got my copy anyway.

[quote name='INCyr']Crap, I don't want to hear that. I'm in springfield, was hoping to hit up either the Fairfax or Springfield BB today to grab a copy. If I can't find any at either, I'll swing by the two in Crystal City tomorrow or monday.

I hope I find a copy, I've actually been looking forward to getting a hold of this game![/QUOTE]

Go online and if possible, order one for in-store pickup ASAP. I checked the online inventory and ALL local stores are showing "ship-to-store", pickup in 3-5 days (meaning that they are probably out of stock in the stores). You'd probably do best to just order a copy that way, then you'll have one in-hand for when the magazine arrives.

BB may restock this game when the deal starts, I would assume they would; but who knows. Even if they do restock, the hoarders and flippers will be out in quantity for this one, just like they are currently hoarding and flipping MK Vita from GS (see that thread, pretty sad).

[quote name='cancerman1120']Just got back from BBY looking for KoA:R. After 15 min going through the R section with no luck I decided to try the K section on the off chance BBY was being just plain dense. Guess what I found? 8 copies of the game...I tried to explain everything to the CS rep but he just stared at me blankly and walked away. He was muttering something about being a douche...I was not sure though. Oh well I got my copy anyway.[/QUOTE]

Nice.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Just got back from BBY looking for KoA:R. After 15 min going through the R section with no luck I decided to try the K section on the off chance BBY was being just plain dense. Guess what I found? 8 copies of the game...I tried to explain everything to the CS rep but he just stared at me blankly and walked away. He was muttering something about being a douche...I was not sure though. Oh well I got my copy anyway.[/QUOTE]

Just another example of Best Buy's shitty and incompetent customer service. I feel your pain, man.

Kingdoms of Amalur for $15.. so tempted to get it. So tempted.
As for Street Fighter x Tekken, I know Wal-Mart has it as $40 for regular price. My friend has been wanting it, so is there anything he can use to get them to price match it since it's normal price and not a sale price? Get it for $20 instead of $40.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Go online and if possible, order one for in-store pickup ASAP. I checked the online inventory and ALL local stores are showing "ship-to-store", pickup in 3-5 days (meaning that they are probably out of stock in the stores). You'd probably do best to just order a copy that way, then you'll have one in-hand for when the magazine arrives.[/quote]
It's been said a TON of times in many BB threads already that stores with less than THREE of an item in stock may show as ship to store/ out of stock.
BB may restock this game when the deal starts, I would assume they would; but who knows. Even if they do restock, the hoarders and flippers will be out in quantity for this one, just like they are currently hoarding and flipping MK Vita from GS (see that thread, pretty sad).
If you want the deal, get there the morning the coupons are supposed to go live or prebuy a copy if you feel it may sell out, whether it's to hoarders/flippers or not. But personally I haven't seen very many copys of KoA in any BB store for a while now. So it may just be a stock on hand situation, since the company that made the game went out of business now as you may well know.
[quote name='SpartenOmega117']How did everyone already get their magazine?[/QUOTE]
I don't think anyone really did. I know I certainly haven't.

Sounds like you were the one being dense...why would you look in the 'R' section before 'K'?
It is called Kingdoms of Amalur after all. Everywhere you look it's referred to as either KoA, Amalur, or Kingdoms of Amalur. Reckoning is just a subtitle(?)
That'd be like looking for Batman: Arkham City under 'A' and then getting mad at BestBuy for putting it under 'B' for Batman

Sounds to me like you just wanted to bitch about something and couldn't find anything worthwhile to complain about.

You were looking for Kingdoms of Amalur with games that start with R?

[quote name='DFogz']Sounds like you were the one being dense...why would you look in the 'R' section before 'K'?
It is called Kingdoms of Amalur after all. Everywhere you look it's referred to as either KoA, Amalur, or Kingdoms of Amalur. Reckoning is just a subtitle(?)
That'd be like looking for Batman: Arkham City under 'A' and then getting mad at BestBuy for putting it under 'B' for Batman

Sounds to me like you just wanted to bitch about something and couldn't find anything worthwhile to complain about.[/QUOTE]

It was a subtle joke, reference to lochdoun who insisted (earlier in this thread) that the game should have been filed under R for "Reckoning", just as (he claimed) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was always referred to just as "Skyrim" and supposedly filed that way (under "S"). An inside joke unless you read through tons of pages in this thread . . .

Does the KOA deal apply to the PC version also? I would really prefer it on PC but im thinking the answer will be only on PS3/Xbox 360.

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $19.99 or less (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off)

I'm not sure that's a given. The $10 off 29.99^ for this month and last month did not give you the additional 10%. I had to get an override each time, and even then they had trouble with it. Every time they put in the 10%, the 10 bucks would come back on, and vice verse

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']How did everyone already get their magazine?[/QUOTE]

The magazine isn't out yet; people are just purchasing in preparation for a price adjustment later (with coupon, once they get it). I got a copy for 360 today, and the store I got it at was otherwise cleaned out.

[quote name='DFogz']Sounds like you were the one being dense...why would you look in the 'R' section before 'K'?

Sounds to me like you just wanted to bitch about something and couldn't find anything worthwhile to complain about.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whoknows']You were looking for Kingdoms of Amalur with games that start with R?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']I think you guys missed cancer mans joke about it being called reckoning.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I should not expect everyone to know about last night's marathon discussion about this. Oh well at least it sounded plausible to some that I was being that stupid.

[quote name='lochdoun']Amount of mistakes in this thread is dreadful...

The game is NOT called "Kingdoms of Amalur", "KOA", "Amalur" or "Kingdoms".

The game is called RECKONING.

Do people call Skyrim "TES", "Scrolls" or "Elder"?
No they do not, because that is not what the game is called.

Kingdoms of Amalur is a prefix referring to the lore, just like The Elder Scrolls.

I will be buying Reckoning for $10, great deal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whoknows']I was just really confused and was wondering if I was missing something :p[/QUOTE]

It started here...yeah I need to let it go. :lol:

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah I should not expect everyone to know about last night's marathon discussion about this. Oh well at least it sounded plausible to some that I was being that stupid.[/QUOTE]

Its okay I laughed when I read it

lololol. that game made me cuss more than demon's souls. love it though- the multiple endings are worth the instilled anger.

[quote name='kouleefoh']I just ragequit catherine lol[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']lololol. that game made me cuss more than demon's souls. love it though- the multiple endings are worth the instilled anger.[/QUOTE]
I'm on the 3rd stage boss that makes your movement backward. :lol: what an ass

Haa lmao ! The only games I ever rage quit on were battletoads and ninja gaiden 1. Ohh I fucking hate ninja gaiden !!!! Im tempted to pick it up for the vita and give it one last try

What are the chances KoA will be ripped off shelves you guys think? Are they usually in high numbers at the stores? Im gonna send a friend to pick up a copy for me because I will be out of the country, so I hope she won't have to drive in vain.

:lol:I have yet to play through that myself and I've had the game twice so far. Once at launch thanks to a $20 promo code from a prior gaming purchase on Amazon making it $40 for me and I bought it back during that GS game sale a while ago for $29.99.

Hell of a game though. I just wish the devs had done like so many other companies nowadays and shoehorned in online multiplayer for it, since my only offline friend with a PS3 already played through it via single player(my original copy).:cry:

lol

I count 8 copies of Amalur left at the Fairfax BB for anyone in the area who is looking. I guess I should move them to the R section so people can find it easier?

Is the july issue in the stores? I just signed up today, and realized when I got home I was given june issue. I won't get july's issue in the mail anytime soon. Am I stuck paying for july's issue?

[quote name='danishmaggot']What are the chances KoA will be ripped off shelves you guys think? Are they usually in high numbers at the stores? Im gonna send a friend to pick up a copy for me because I will be out of the country, so I hope she won't have to drive in vain.[/QUOTE]

You could order a copy at full price for in-store pickup, and designate your friend to pick it up for you (BB allows that). Then just do a return/rebuy with coupon once you get back in the country. Probably better than trying to send your friend around to different stores looking for the game.

I do think BB will restock KoA prior to the sale, because there don't appear to be a lot of copies on hand in various stores (in my area at least).

[quote name='chimpmeister']You could order a copy at full price for in-store pickup, and designate your friend to pick it up for you (BB allows that). Then just do a return/rebuy with coupon once you get back in the country. Probably better than trying to send your friend around to different stores looking for the game.

I do think BB will restock KoA prior to the sale, because there don't appear to be a lot of copies on hand in various stores (in my area at least).[/QUOTE]

That is a good idea, but wont she need the credit card the game was paid for with during the return?

Edit: Nevermind, saw that you said I had to go do the return/rebuy. I will be out of the country until August 21st so the coupon will probably be invalid after that.

[quote name='danishmaggot']What are the chances KoA will be ripped off shelves you guys think? Are they usually in high numbers at the stores? Im gonna send a friend to pick up a copy for me because I will be out of the country, so I hope she won't have to drive in vain.[/QUOTE]
You won't have trouble finding a copy of Reckoning, it's an EA game after all. EA always over-distributes because they think the game will sell like gangbusters but it never does.

1. are you really danish?

2. ps3 or 360?

might be able to help u out based on how u answer those questions lol

your store's stock does not represent every best buy, much like your being annoying does not represent every cag.

[quote name='lochdoun']You won't have trouble finding a copy of Reckoning, it's EA game after all. My store has a whole row of Reckoning. The game didn't sell well, EA over distributed as usual.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back