BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lochdoun']You won't have trouble finding a copy of Reckoning, it's an EA game after all. EA always over-distributes because they think the game will sell like gangbusters but it never does.[/QUOTE]

Its really not an "EA game", it was developed by 38 Studios which has since been shut down, sadly. EA was just the publisher, they had nothing to do with making the actual game. No reason to hate on KoA just because there is an EA logo on the box, it is supposed to be an excellent game.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Are post purchase price adjustments with these coupons ymmv or is it a common procedure?[/QUOTE]

They're common; I'll be keeping KoA sealed anyway just to be legit, and worst case scenario I can just return the game outright, and try to re-buy off the shelf. But this isn't a shady practice, you're just getting a price adjustment with your GCU coupon, that's all.

[quote name='lochdoun']You won't have trouble finding a copy of Reckoning, it's an EA game after all. EA always over-distributes because they think the game will sell like gangbusters but it never does.[/QUOTE]

Your store still has a whole row because they have them listed under Reckoning and no one can find it when they look for it.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Are post purchase price adjustments with these coupons ymmv or is it a common procedure?[/QUOTE]
it might be ymmv, i wanted to do an exchange a few months back for a game i bought with the coupon but i didnt have an extra copy of the coupon nor did the bestbuy have any extra magazines left so i just told them to input the coupon sku number on the receipt and it worked; no harm done since i wasnt using one coupon to horde multiple copies but it mostly depends on how flexible their customer service is

[quote name='exaznkid']it might be ymmv, i wanted to do an exchange a few months back for a game i bought with the coupon but i didnt have an extra copy of the coupon nor did the bestbuy have any extra magazines left so i just told them to input the coupon sku number on the receipt and it worked; no harm done since i wasnt using one coupon to horde multiple copies but it mostly depends on how flexible their customer service is[/QUOTE]

If you have the coupon in hand though this should not ever be YMMV. At worst do not open the game and just return it and then buy a different copy. I bought mine as insurance just in case they sell fast.

[quote name='cancerman1120']If you have the coupon in hand though this should not ever be YMMV. At worst do not open the game and just return it and then buy a different copy. I bought mine as insurance just in case they sell fast.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I did. Ordered online for in-store pickup at a store that showed them in stock, picked it up, and no copies were left on the shelves when I looked after my pickup. I have my copy for price adjustment and it will stay sealed. Better safe than sorry.

[quote name='chimpmeister']That's exactly what I did. Ordered online for in-store pickup at a store that showed them in stock, picked it up, and no copies were left on the shelves when I looked after my pickup. I have my copy for price adjustment and it will stay sealed. Better safe than sorry.[/QUOTE]

I oringally wanted to do in-store pickup as well so I could bunch it with a couple of other products to get the $10 GC, but ended up not doing it since I wasn't sure if they would allow me to use the coupon on that order to get a price adjustment later on since it technically is considered an online order. I know this is very YMMV, but in the end I decided to play it safe rather than having to regret it later, lol.

In your case it worked out seeing how you said there weren't any other copies left out in the shelf, luckily for me there was about 6 left for the 360.

It's weird that other places run out of stock. Last week I picked up SSX and SCV on Saturday, the last day of the sale, and there were tons of copies. Today I went to BB and there were tons of copies of Amalur and also Dragon Age 2 which is still $5 till the 14th.

Yuma, AZ if anyone is interested.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Its really not an "EA game", it was developed by 38 Studios which has since been shut down, sadly. EA was just the publisher, they had nothing to do with making the actual game. No reason to hate on KoA just because there is an EA logo on the box, it is supposed to be an excellent game.[/QUOTE]
What exactly is your point? It's published by EA, still an EA game, that was my point.

Anything published by EA gets over-distributed, which is why they always have tons of copies in store and which is why there's always coupons for EA games (Dragon Age 2, Bulletstorm, SSX, Mass Effect 2, etc.). They need to clear inventory. It should be no surprise when an EA game gets discounted, happens regularly.

Reckoning sold well as far as meeting EA's expectations, but Reckoning did not sell well enough to keep 38 Studios solvent. Rumor has it that 38 Studios didn't get very much of a cut from sales due to their EA deal.

What happens if you preemptively buy KoA:R and then the price goes back up to $59.99 when the coupon is active? Will Best Buy apply the coupon to the $39.99 or MSRP?

[quote name='Foreverreds13']What happens if you preemptively buy KoA:R and then the price goes back up to $59.99 when the coupon is active? Will Best Buy apply the coupon to the $39.99 or MSRP?[/QUOTE]

believe the coupon would apply to 59.99 price, but 39.99 isn't a sale price, its the new MSRP price for the game.

[quote name='tham1988']believe the coupon would apply to 59.99 price, but 39.99 isn't a sale price, its the new MSRP price for the game.[/QUOTE]

OK great, thanks.

[quote name='technicalstylez']1. are you really danish?

2. ps3 or 360?

might be able to help u out based on how u answer those questions lol[/QUOTE]

Yes I am danish, but live in Ohio ;) Does that help me out more haha?

Its for the 360.

[quote name='MrSoloLobo']It's weird that other places run out of stock. Last week I picked up SSX and SCV on Saturday, the last day of the sale, and there were tons of copies. Today I went to BB and there were tons of copies of Amalur and also Dragon Age 2 which is still $5 till the 14th.

Yuma, AZ if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

Just like every thin else in life. Some places sell more of certain things than others. Also, some stores order more stock of certain games. Its always a regional thing.

I checked out one of the best buys by me today and they had a ton of KOA (or is it Reckoning?! LOL) in stock.

[quote name='lochdoun']What exactly is your point? It's published by EA, still an EA game, that was my point.

Anything published by EA gets over-distributed, which is why they always have tons of copies in store and which is why there's always coupons for EA games (Dragon Age 2, Bulletstorm, SSX, Mass Effect 2, etc.). They need to clear inventory. It should be no surprise when an EA game gets discounted, happens regularly.

Reckoning sold well as far as meeting EA's expectations, but Reckoning did not sell well enough to keep 38 Studios solvent. Rumor has it that 38 Studios didn't get very much of a cut from sales due to their EA deal.[/QUOTE]

What the hell is reckoning?

Anyways. I've heard EA published an awesome game known as KOA.... Studio 38 created it.

And lochdoun is a douchebag. No one likes that guy.

Went to my local BB and I didn't see any games that is featured on the coupon... They must have either hid the game or they must hate the PS3...

[quote name='StealOfADeal']What the hell is reckoning?

Anyways. I've heard EA published an awesome game known as KOA.... Studio 38 created it.

And lochdoun is a douchebag. No one likes that guy.[/QUOTE]

I'm convinced there's a sleeper douchebag cell on CAG and they've been triggered by the heat wave or something.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']What the hell is reckoning?

And lochdoun is a douchebag. No one likes that guy.[/QUOTE]
aawwwh...
U MAD BRO?
:D:D:D

ya, i have relatives in denmark -im not danish tho-. funny cuz ive been to ohio too. anyhoo, if theres enough stock ill try and pick one up for u for cost+shipping so ur lady friend doesnt have to make the trip.

[quote name='danishmaggot']Yes I am danish, but live in Ohio ;) Does that help me out more haha?

Its for the 360.[/QUOTE]

orrrrr people bought the games already.

[quote name='TimesTicking']Went to my local BB and I didn't see any games that is featured on the coupon... They must have either hid the game or they must hate the PS3...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']I'm convinced there's a sleeper douchebag cell on CAG and they've been triggered by the heat wave or something.[/QUOTE]

They're all coming out for summer

[quote name='confoosious']I'm convinced there's a sleeper douchebag cell on CAG and they've been triggered by the heat wave or something.[/QUOTE]

God have mercy. :drool:

Updated OP for the $5 off Pre-Owned Games Coupon

It is now $5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99

We all know free games are too good to be true, they wouldn't make that mistake for a third time.

[quote name='mars009']Dang I forgot about the Dragon Age 2 coupon and I was at BB today :\ is it worth the drive?[/QUOTE]

Depending how far. I would say yes.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Updated OP for the $5 off Pre-Owned Games Coupon

We all know free games are too good to be true, they wouldn't make that mistake for a third time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update ! The good thing for me is that i was going to use this on enslaved for the ps3 which is 9.99 used so i still can get it :)

[quote name='mars009']Dang I forgot about the Dragon Age 2 coupon and I was at BB today :\ is it worth the drive?[/QUOTE]
It got panned by critics and fans but it's an enjoyable game for $5. Can't blame the bad rap it received, I'd be pissed too if I paid $60 for Dragon Age 2.

[quote name='technicalstylez']ya, i have relatives in denmark -im not danish tho-. funny cuz ive been to ohio too. anyhoo, if theres enough stock ill try and pick one up for u for cost+shipping so ur lady friend doesnt have to make the trip.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the gesture man, but no need. My friend is already up to date with the details and she will call the store to check stock before going. I did this before and they will gladly hold a copy of anything for you for a limited time.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Updated OP for the $5 off Pre-Owned Games Coupon

We all know free games are too good to be true, they wouldn't make that mistake for a third time.[/QUOTE]

Well shit. I wanted to pick up Create but it's $7.99. I don't suppose I'd be able to talk a manager into making the coupon a $3 markdown instead? I don't really have anything else I want after my B2G2 orders this week.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Thanks for the update ! The good thing for me is that i was going to use this on enslaved for the ps3 which is 9.99 used so i still can get it :)[/QUOTE]

i'm actually pleasantly suprised by enslaved. its been a breath of fresh air, in regards to a platforming game, and i think i paid 9.99 and felt that was a fair price. just wanted to support your decision!

[quote name='jmarano7836']i'm actually pleasantly suprised by enslaved. its been a breath of fresh air, in regards to a platforming game, and i think i paid 9.99 and felt that was a fair price. just wanted to support your decision![/QUOTE]

I second that, Enslaved was pretty good.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']I traded in my KOA for $25 today to pick it up for $10 in a week. Gained $15 credit. GOOD DEAL[/QUOTE]
...Your bar for a caps "good deal" is pretty low...unless you got it free originally...

[quote name='TooPoor']...Your bar for a caps "good deal" is pretty low...unless you got it free originally...[/QUOTE]

You define saving $15 as a BAD DEAL?

[quote name='eastx']You define saving $15 as a BAD DEAL?[/QUOTE]
How are you saving $15? If you buy at $40 + tax, sell back at $25 and buying back at $10 + tax, you are buying at $25+. Yeah if you do the "sunk cost" perspective it is almost $15 savings.

Edit: You are a co-optimus writer? I love that site!

[quote name='superhippy1986']Do I have to pay the money every year for these coupons? Because it seems to be a hit & miss at times.[/QUOTE]

it's a one year subscription.... so....

Will be picking up Kingdoms of Amalur for $10. It will probably sit in my backlog for a bit, but I really have been wanting to try this game.

there is a demo on psn/xbox live, u can try it there.

[quote name='jj5206']Will be picking up Kingdoms of Amalur for $10. It will probably sit in my backlog for a bit, but I really have been wanting to try this game.[/QUOTE]

I got a question. I just signed up for the gamer rewards free service. Do I get the coupon for that KOA game? Like do I go into the store and ask for the book or will they say I have to sign up for the $14.99 service?

[quote name='technicalstylez']u can either buy the magazine for 5 bucks or the 1 yr subscription to the magazine for 15.[/QUOTE]

But the OP didn't say "unlocked"...

[quote name='TooPoor']How are you saving $15? If you buy at $40 + tax, sell back at $25 and buying back at $10 + tax, you are buying at $25+. Yeah if you do the "sunk cost" perspective it is almost $15 savings.

Edit: You are a co-optimus writer? I love that site![/QUOTE]

$40 versus $25 is a $15 savings, any way you look at it. But when you already paid the higher amount, it's definitely great to be able to get some of that cost back.

And yup, Associate Editor at Co-Optimus! I primarily review beat-em-ups, Kinect titles, and import games. Always glad to meet a reader. :)

[quote name='superhippy1986']But the OP didn't say "unlocked"...[/QUOTE]

Correct, the OP just mentioned the @Gamer coupon in this month's magazine issue. What technicalstylez was telling you is that you can either buy a year long subscription, or simply by the magazine for $5. The point he was making is that you need to buy the magazine to get the coupon, he never stated you needed to be unlocked. Just so you know, being an "unlocked" member is not the only way to obtain the annual subcription, you can actually just pay $14.99 for the annual subscription without ever having to sign up for unlocked. Probably wouldn't be the smartest thing to do, but you can do it.

With over 30 pages created in this thread in 2 days, one would think that this deal is already live. By the time July 15th rolls around, this thread will easily balloon to over 100 pages! LOL!

bread's done
Back