BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
A little ymmv trick if you haven't received your first mag and are stuck in the 6-8 week limbo and want a copy of this month, take your receipt and inform the gaming counter you signed up but was told by customer service over the phone that you could bring your receipt in and get the current months issue.

i am not an unlocked member but i have a friend who is. he has no interest in koa so he gave me his coupon. can i used my locked gamer to purchase or do i have to drag my buddy along so i can get the deal?

[quote name='ijustw1n']A little ymmv trick if you haven't received your first mag and are stuck in the 6-8 week limbo and want a copy of this month, take your receipt and inform the gaming counter you signed up but was told by customer service over the phone that you could bring your receipt in and get the current months issue.[/QUOTE]
I was told by the gaming depart that I can just go to CS and let them verify my unlocked status and look up if my issue was mailed or not. If not I can get an issue for free. Sounds like WAY too much hassle.

[quote name='violentfox']i am not an unlocked member but i have a friend who is. he has no interest in koa so he gave me his coupon. can i used my locked gamer to purchase or do i have to drag my buddy along so i can get the deal?[/QUOTE]

You can use it even if you're not unlocked

[quote name='TooPoor']I was told by the gaming depart that I can just go to CS and let them verify my unlocked status and look up if my issue was mailed or not. If not I can get an issue for free. Sounds like WAY too much hassle.[/QUOTE]

lol, my store just told me to call bestbuy customer service, without offering to let me get a free issue

[quote name='TooPoor']I was told by the gaming depart that I can just go to CS and let them verify my unlocked status and look up if my issue was mailed or not. If not I can get an issue for free. Sounds like WAY too much hassle.[/QUOTE]
Assuming there wasn't a line, that whole process would likely take maybe 10 minutes. It's too much hassle to get a copy of the magazine by waiting for 10 minutes? Really?

Why not just check your status online on the @Gamer website? What you have to do to find out the status of your subscription has been listed MULTIPLE times now.

[quote name='ijustw1n']A little ymmv trick if you haven't received your first mag and are stuck in the 6-8 week limbo and want a copy of this month, take your receipt and inform the gaming counter you signed up but was told by customer service over the phone that you could bring your receipt in and get the current months issue.[/QUOTE]

I was planning on trying this once I heard the mags are in store. I was going to bring the receipt where I upgraded to "unlocked" and tell them that I called and was told to ask the store. My store is pretty easy about stuff like that so I don't expect much push back.

Has anyone seen the new mag in store yet?

In regards to checking status online... What is the username and password? My RZ username and password does not appear to work and I did not see an option to register anywhere on the site.

[quote name='violentfox']i am not an unlocked member but i have a friend who is. he has no interest in koa so he gave me his coupon. can i used my locked gamer to purchase or do i have to drag my buddy along so i can get the deal?[/QUOTE]

nope, you're good. All you need is the coupon, just like if you had bought the magazine in the store without the membership.

My GAMER mag always takes forever to arrive which is kinda a drag, makes it rather hard to find games when I'm a week+ behind everyone else.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Assuming there wasn't a line, that whole process would likely take maybe 10 minutes. It's too much hassle to get a copy of the magazine by waiting for 10 minutes? Really?

Why not just check your status online on the @Gamer website? What you have to do to find out the status of your subscription has been listed MULTIPLE times now.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I always got my magazine earlier than most CAGs, I just asked this just in case I run into this situation. But knowing that it is not as a slow process as it sounds, it is certainly assuring.

Got my welcome kit today, coupons expire 11/3/12.
b2g1f new < $39.99
b2g1f used .
50% off strategy guide

10% off digital gaming purchase < $14.99

I am still waiting for my first issue and am getting tired of asking for manual overrides to get these coupons to work online. I think getting the digital version will make things alot easier trying to get these games with coupons before they sell out. I missed out on DA 2 last month and didn't care much but i don't want to miss out on Kingdoms of Amalur. Lady i talked to at bb earlier didn't know what she was doing so its time to call her back and get the supervisor to do a manual override like i had to for SSX.
If you are signing up for the mag know you only get 10 issues because this month and next months issue are combined and they do the same thing in January too. You'll usually get 11 though because they'll give you a mag for the current month when you sign up in store.

[quote name='jedolley']In regards to checking status online... What is the username and password? My RZ username and password does not appear to work and I did not see an option to register anywhere on the site.[/QUOTE]
If you've received ANY mailed issues, then you can use some numbers from the label on your issues and something else(forget what) to sign into the @Gamer site.
[quote name='$hady']10% off digital gaming purchase < $14.99

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you've received ANY mailed issues, then you can use some numbers from the label on your issues and something else(forget what) to sign into the @Gamer site.[/QUOTE]

I have not received an issue yet (just signed up last month). I believe it's your account number and last name.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

Yep. They're on that lil touch screen kiosk in gaming/media. Just search for what you want, print the lil slip and I think you should be good.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I forgot about that thing, never actually used or saw it used before. Another coupon I won't use. :lol:

I think the one time there was a glitch with that kiosk that was making all of the DLC pop up as $.00. Every BB store I went to for a week after that had theirs shut down.

I stopped by my local Best Buy today and this July/August issue of @Gamer was on the shelves already. Definitely caught me by surprise to see it sitting there.

I can confirm that all of the coupons mentioned in the OP are accurate and that the coupons are valid from 7/15/12 - 9/1/12.

[quote name='Dund3r']I stopped by my local Best Buy today and this July/August issue of @Gamer was on the shelves already. Definitely caught me by surprise to see it sitting there.

I can confirm that all of the coupons mentioned in the OP are accurate and that the coupons are valid from 7/15/12 - 9/1/12.[/QUOTE]

till 9/1? Well that's good to know, should be able to pick up KoA then. I may not get there till closer to the 21st but at somepoint after that one of the BB's in the area I'd be near (there's 2 or 3) should get a restock.

[quote name='Dund3r']I stopped by my local Best Buy today and this July/August issue of @Gamer was on the shelves already. Definitely caught me by surprise to see it sitting there.

I can confirm that all of the coupons mentioned in the OP are accurate and that the coupons are valid from 7/15/12 - 9/1/12.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation! Will update the OP with ending date

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Plain English: They took the CHEAP way out.;):roll: I certainly hope that if they have some insane deals the system will still allow for multiples with seperate coupons from spare mags bought if I wanna get a copy for a friend(and yes I do mean for a friend and not to flip them as I'm not doing multiples anymore:booty:) to play via co-op with me.[/QUOTE]

Your name is the cheapest gamer and you're griping about someone going a cheap route?

Hopefully the later expiration date for this issue's coupons means I'll be able to get in on the Reckoning deal. Unless my store decided to do the same thing they did with the Mass Effect 2 coupon and not restock once they sell out.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you've received ANY mailed issues, then you can use some numbers from the label on your issues and something else(forget what) to sign into the @Gamer site.

Yep. They're on that lil touch screen kiosk in gaming/media. Just search for what you want, print the lil slip and I think you should be good.[/QUOTE]

I remember using my coupon on Alan Wake:The writer and the machine gave me a code for the signal. No one could help me out so I thought I might be out 6 bucks, but then I went on the BB forum and got a representative to mail me a 15 dollar gift card. Man that was a hassle.

[quote name='GBH']Is there a version that comes with some kind of dlc for Kingdoms of Amalur?[/QUOTE]
I think they are all the same, the only thing special I remember is that the game gives you some sort of unlock in mass effect 3.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. Your account number and your last name is one way to check status. I just double checked it myself.

For those with the above mentioned info, just go here to check your status.

https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/c...id=1341866546560&lsid=21911542265011868&vid=1[/QUOTE]

Im not sure if anyone mentioned this, but i wanted to check on my subscription. I just signed up on 6/23/12 so i dont have a magazine yet and didnt know my account number.

I clicked on forgot password and entered the email address linked to my RZ account. A little while later i received an email from them that said they didnt have a password for my account, however, they did supply me with my account number. Went back to the site, entered my account number and last name and it logged me in.

Once in it told me i was signed up for 10 issues and that my first issue would be the september issue, so now i know i wont be getting sent the july/august issue. You can also do all the other account stuff like swap to digital, change address, etc.

Just thought those that just signed up and didnt know account numbers might like to try it....

Anyone have experience with the Turtle Beach PX3 headset? I just got the PX21s and I'm thinking about trading up to the PX3s. It seems the major difference is that the PX3s are wireless. Is the sound quality the same? The specs suggest it might be slightly better on the PX3s. For $20ish more, it seems the wireless PX3s might be worth it.

I signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked on May 31, 2012 and it says that my issue was sent out on July 1, 2012. Those of you who signed up around the same date a me should be getting the July issue of @Gamer magazine. But I have been using the coupons ever since I've signed up for Unlocked because my Best Buy is cool as heck and they scan the coupons for me if I just provide my RZ account phone number.

[quote name='Muerthoz']Hopefully the later expiration date for this issue's coupons means I'll be able to get in on the Reckoning deal. Unless my store decided to do the same thing they did with the Mass Effect 2 coupon and not restock once they sell out.[/QUOTE]
I can't speak to all of the Best Buy's but I know mine had plenty copies of Reckoning.

It's an EA game so they always over produce and that leads to a surplus of extra copies that they have to move.

Not sure if they are still distributing this game if they sell out though, especially since 38 Studios is no longer.

Jump on this early to be safe, can't stress that enough.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']Im not sure if anyone mentioned this, but i wanted to check on my subscription. I just signed up on 6/23/12 so i dont have a magazine yet and didnt know my account number.

I clicked on forgot password and entered the email address linked to my RZ account. A little while later i received an email from them that said they didnt have a password for my account, however, they did supply me with my account number. Went back to the site, entered my account number and last name and it logged me in.

Once in it told me i was signed up for 10 issues and that my first issue would be the september issue, so now i know i wont be getting sent the july/august issue. You can also do all the other account stuff like swap to digital, change address, etc.

Just thought those that just signed up and didnt know account numbers might like to try it....[/QUOTE]Thanks for the info.

Just started playing KoA. Pretty fun so far. I think I'll trade my copy to Amazon and buy it again. Not sure if its worth the effort.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']Im not sure if anyone mentioned this, but i wanted to check on my subscription. I just signed up on 6/23/12 so i dont have a magazine yet and didnt know my account number.[/QUOTE]
They should send an e-mail that includes that information.

How does the digital mag coupons work? do you have to print them out or can you just show them the ad on your smartphone or tablet?

So when will the coupons expire for the upcoming set of coupons? And if I am not in the Unlocked Membership,but got the free one online, I just have to buy the magazine with the coupon and they will scan the coupon?

Thinkin of pickin up KoA. Which is better, the PS3 version or the 360 version? I'm thinkin of possibly even picking up a copy of each. If I bought 2 magazines would they let me use both coupons?

[quote name='zeroflame15']so when will the coupons expire for the upcoming set of coupons? And if i am not in the unlocked membership,but got the free one online, i just have to buy the magazine with the coupon and they will scan the coupon?[/quote]

iirc 7/14.

[quote name='Rockinjs']How does the digital mag coupons work? do you have to print them out or can you just show them the ad on your smartphone or tablet?[/QUOTE]

They send you an envelope with the coupons inside. As well as anything else like the kid icarus uprising promo cards a couple months back. I was digital and switched to physical, and last month I got both the envelope with the coupons and the magazine. I kinda hope that continues if there are more deals where it'd be useful to have multiple copies of the coupons (though seeing as I am not a flipper, that happens rarely).

Might pick up KoA for $15. Not sure if I want the subscription.

If your in OC, specifically Tustin/Irvine, and want any of the extra coupons, but dont want a subscription let me know. Maybe swing a deal.

I was at Bestbuy yesterday and noticed that they have KoA back at 59.99. Why deny the inevitable? You know they will bring it back down to $40 in the last week of the month. Maybe $30 is the price point for some folks but I am only going to pull the trigger at $20.

[quote name='thefallenangel']I was at Bestbuy yesterday and noticed that they have KoA back at 59.99. Why deny the inevitable? You know they will bring it back down to $40 in the last week of the month. Maybe $30 is the price point for some folks but I am only going to pull the trigger at $20.[/QUOTE]

It still shows as 39.99 on their website. Perhaps your store never changed the price of the game. Regardless you can just have them pricematch the website then use the coupon.

[quote name='Stingercjc']It still shows as 39.99 on their website. Perhaps your store never changed the price of the game. Regardless you can just have them pricematch the website then use the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! I didn't realize that we can pricematch AND use the coupon. I am guessing that applies only to bestbuy.com and not other retailers

[quote name='sadboy']They should send an e-mail that includes that information.[/QUOTE]

I never got an email. I did recieve a thanks email from best buy, but it only talked about the perks of unlocked, it didnt give any @gamer info. Havent recieved anything in the mail either... Maybe they just havent arrived yet.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']Once in it told me i was signed up for 10 issues and that my first issue would be the september issue, so now i know i wont be getting sent the july/august issue. You can also do all the other account stuff like swap to digital, change address, etc.

Just thought those that just signed up and didnt know account numbers might like to try it....[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, worked for me. :) But crap... Apparently my first issue is going to be the September issue as well. Would have liked to grab KoA. :cry: If I ask at Best Buy, will they just give me the current issue, or do I have to drop another $5 on it if I want it?

[quote name='arcane93']Thanks for the info, worked for me. :) But crap... Apparently my first issue is going to be the September issue as well. Would have liked to grab KoA. :cry: If I ask at Best Buy, will they just give me the current issue, or do I have to drop another $5 on it if I want it?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as I just signed up last week. I'm just going to take my receipt to BB and ask... Also, would it possible to return the subscription for a refund (within 30 days) like any other item? If so, then I assume I could just resubscribe with the new mag (haven't used any coupons from the current mag).

bread's done
Back