BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kerouac kid']There is a dedicated Fable III coupon for $10 off.[/QUOTE]
Since I don't have a 360 I tend to kinda ignore those console specific coupons for the other two systems(360, Wii) and only focus on the generic ones like the $5 off $10-20 pre-owned one.:whistle2:#

[quote name='vantheman']So rift is on sale for 8 dollars so we could potentially get it for free correct?[/QUOTE]
How can you get rift for free? The coupon is for Tera...

IGN is horrible now, gonna pick up Enslaved used today when i get the games i ordered last night.(sin and punishment 2, Metroid other, and Deus Ex)

Can you do an OMS (this might not be what it's called, but that thing where you ask the store to get a product from another BB sent over to one closer) over the phone or do you have to do it in store? If so, what exactly do you ask them/have they ever turned anyone down?

Seeing a KoA about and hour away from me, but their direction routes are usually wonky. THe closest one to me has an ETA of about 25 minutes but is closer to 40 given high volume roads. This one that is about an hour has roads a bit more hectic so I can see it taking closer to an hour and 25 to get there.

Of course my BB was out of KoA by the time I got there. I asked if they planned to reorder, they said probably not b/c the game is listed as 'discontinued'. So they checked at a few other stores, and did an OMS. Paid for the game and used the coupon, should be picking it up on the 26th. Yay! :D

So anyone successful getting Fable 3?

I went to a different BBY today since I was going to my parents to watch the Brewer game so I am not familiar with the employees. Anyway, I took the last copy along with some clearance games to the CS desk because I also had an in-store pickup. She rings the games up and it is obviously the wrong price. I tell her the clearance games need to be manually changed ans her supervisor next to her says yes. Rings everything up again and still wrong. I ask how much Fable 3 is and she says $19.99 and I tell her it is on sale for $14.99. First thing she says is used games NEVER go on sale. I retort with you have a used deals of the week on your website. The supervisor then chimes in that the online and in store are not the same. She then says they can PM the online but then cannot use the coupon. I said a few more things but she was not listening at all. Anyway, I never got the game and it is the 1st time in a long time I walked out of BBY a little pissed.

[quote name='rockinroller91']Bought fable 3, but they wouldn't price match the sale price. The cashier said I couldn't "double dip". So it's still $8.66 with unlocked.[/QUOTE]

OK so I am not the only one. I thought the deals of the week were in store also.

[quote name='cancerman1120']OK so I am not the only one. I thought the deals of the week were in store also.[/QUOTE]
They should be, but in practice the pre-owned deals of the week sale prices never update in-store, you always have to get a manager to adjust the price manually (don't forget to have them factor in the GCU 10% manually as well, since adjusting the price will wipe out the automatic 10%). I don't understand why this is still such a problem in their system... I'm assuming it is intentional to discourage you from using coupons due to the YMMV hassle without *officially* discouraging it.

[quote name='phoenixlau']They should be, but in practice the pre-owned deals of the week sale prices never update in-store, you always have to get a manager to adjust the price manually (don't forget to have them factor in the GCU 10% manually as well, since adjusting the price will wipe out the automatic 10%). I don't understand why this is still such a problem in their system... I'm assuming it is intentional to discourage you from using coupons due to the YMMV hassle without *officially* discouraging it.[/QUOTE]

I was excited yesterday because I saw a complete copy of the game on the self, but I don't like hassling over $5 for a backlog game. Especially when I came in yesterday and got them to pricematch $5 Mission Impossible movie. I come in once a month but it seems like I always have to have a manager override. :/

[quote name='ooga']Just to be clear: to get the bonus items from ME3 you have to play the DEMO not the retail game, right?[/QUOTE]

Correct, the MP demo.

Got a copy of SFxT on PS3. Used the coupon, a $10 gift card they gave me for not delivering my Theatrhythm preorder, and traded in Rhythm Heaven DS using the 50% trade-in bonus. Walked out with the game for $2 + tax.

Pretty stoked. The guy at the store told me (unprompted, which was funny) that they didn't have any copies of Amalur (apparently a lot of people had been coming in and asking) but SFxT was really the only game I wanted from this month's coupons so I was perfectly happy with my deal.

[quote name='Tsel']Just FYI, the Bloomington, IL Best Buy has at least 5-6 copies of KoA for the 360. Didn't check PS3.[/QUOTE]
The in-store finder says they have 360 but no PS3 :(

[quote name='MSUHitman']Correct, the MP demo.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I have both demos queues up now. It's killing me that I have to download 4 Gigs of demos for games I already own. Progress carries over to the games,right? Seems like it would be a waste of time to play through the whole thing, except I think one of the two items unlocks when you finish the demo. I hope it's not too lengthy.
Thanks for the info :)

[quote name='JaylisJayP']The guy at my store did an override in Fable 3 for me so i could get it for $3.50[/QUOTE]

I think I could get that normally but I was a foreign BBY and this supervisor was pretty entrenched in not helping. Oh well, I walked out with 5 games for $27 so I was happy with that.

Just a warning to people looking for KoA:R; I'd been checking a local BB for a PS3 copy (already got an XBox copy a week earlier, and I like to have both platforms to compare), and failed on several occasions to find them (even though the online site showed them in stock there). I asked an employee in the gaming area, and he went right to the games in the "R" category (not "K" for "Kingdom"), and there were two copies just sitting there.

I know there were arguments/silliness here about what to "call" the game, but I believe many stores have indeed filed this under R, for Reckoning (and not K, for Kingdoms of Amalur). Lochdoun, it looks like you are a WINNAR!!!! (Or the proper way to say it is really "A WINNAR IS YUO"). :lol:

winner.png

winnar.gif

[quote name='ooga']Just to be clear: to get the bonus items from ME3 you have to play the DEMO not the retail game, right?[/QUOTE]

I only had to play the single player demo. Thankfully, since I already didn't want to play ME3, having to play the MP demo would've been killer. Just make sure you are connected to the EA servers to get credit. The omni blades are really cool looking!

Def Ymmv, but was stuck in Madison WI so stopped by BBY hoping to pick up Amalur for ps3 or 360. They were out but had 2 copies for pc with a sticker showing 29.99 . Rang up at 39.9gave me the s9 but casier gave me the shelf price no prob. Walked out with AC Rev and PC Amalur for under $20.

[quote name='thelwig14']What is the usual ETA for receiving the Welcome Packet coupons?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

4-6 weeks. I signed up the beginning of June and got my packet and magazine before those 6 weeks.

Used my b2g1 New coupon on this sale. Got a game to keep and $38.xx GS credit for $20.

FYI - the TERA coupon works on the collector's edition without any manager assistance. Picked up the last one near me for $55.99 - $30 = $25.99 +tax.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Several months, sometimes longer.[/QUOTE]

I signed up the first week of June and just got the packet last week. Hope that helps!

[quote name='dapunisure']So is there any word on wether or not reckoning: kingdoms of amalur will be restocked, I saw a single xb copy but still no ps3.[/QUOTE]
I doubt they will re-stock it. They most likely ended production of the game after 38 Studios dissolved. Whatever is out there is all that's left for now.

[quote name='icehouse']In Bangor, me, I was able to score stxt collector ed for 14.99 because they were out of the normal ed. The collector ed was clearanced for 34.99. Just a heads up for anyone in the area.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone tried this when they had normal edition left? A store near me has the SfxT CE for 360, and it would be awesome to get that for $15.

[quote name='lochdoun']I doubt they will re-stock it. They most likely ended production of the game after 38 Studios dissolved. Whatever is out there is all that's left for now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah when I called my BB, they said they weren't getting anymore. Ever.

However, I can confirm that I ordered one shipped to the store (payment on credit card), arrived, cancelled it, and use the coupon. Got it for 9.99. Feels good man, and the game's a blast

Was waiting to get Kingdoms of Amalur till next month (to double up on the magazine when getting the @gamer subscription, but when I saw it was OoS everywhere near me except for a single copy at a single best buy, I figured waiting wasn't worth it. Picked it up along with Assassin's Creed Revelations ($10) for a friend and since there was one nearby, managed to snag a copy of Syndicate ($10) at a Microsoft Store (conveniently located across from an Apple Store :applause:)

[quote name='PrinnyJ']Has anyone tried this when they had normal edition left? A store near me has the SfxT CE for 360, and it would be awesome to get that for $15.[/QUOTE]

It worked for me with a manager override. The cashier and manager were really nice and did it without any prompting. Ironically it was at the same store when the (different) manager refused in two seconds to let me use the Max Payne 3 coupon they had last month for the SE.

To the people who bought KOA to just flip it, I recommend giving the game a shot. I bought it being 50/50 on if I wanted to keep it or just trade it in towards something I wanted.

Started it last night to see if I'd like it. Keep the game, you won't be disappointed. Unless you just can't play RPGs...then yeah, do whatever. I got in just a couple hours and I'm hooked on it. Really like the combat system, makes the game special. I'll be holding onto this until I beat the main quest.

Just asking again. Won't be able to get out of the house until tomorrow anyway, but in case...

Can you do an OMS (this might not be what it's called, but that thing where you ask the store to get a product from another BB sent over to one closer) over the phone or do you have to do it in store? If so, what exactly do you ask them/have they ever turned anyone down?

Seeing a KoA about and hour away from me, but their direction routes are usually wonky. THe closest one to me has an ETA of about 25 minutes but is closer to 40 given high volume roads. This one that is about an hour has roads a bit more hectic so I can see it taking closer to an hour and 25 to get there.

Saint'sRow911;9821167]To the people who bought KOA to just flip it said:
Don't forget to play the Mass Effect 3 demo to get some armor and weapons for KoA.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/11/play-mass-effect-3-and-reckoning-demos-unlock-in-game-items-for/
[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Just asking again. Won't be able to get out of the house until tomorrow anyway, but in case...

If it's within the same district, then yes, they should be able to do it. But I asked yesterday at the further store if they could do an OMS order for one of those Init game/dvd cases that're $20.99 or so on clearance. The store showing it in stock is an hour away and I was told that, unfortunately, that's in a different district.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Don't forget to play the Mass Effect 3 demo to get some armor and weapons for KoA.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/11/play-mass-effect-3-and-reckoning-demos-unlock-in-game-items-for/

If it's within the same district, then yes, they should be able to do it. But I asked yesterday at the further store if they could do an OMS order for one of those Init game/dvd cases that're $20.99 or so on clearance. The store showing it in stock is an hour away and I was told that, unfortunately, that's in a different district.[/QUOTE]

Okay cool thanks, I'll give that a shot. One of the three that are about 40 minutes away have to be in the same district. At least I hope so, if not I reckon I'm in for a long ride tomorrow.

Can you request an OMS over the phone?

Not sure. I've never tried it, but I am tempted to see if the RZ Silver people could order that one cabinet for me from the store an hour from me. It never hurts to try.

Saint'sRow911;9821167]To the people who bought KOA to just flip it said:
Just beware the game dumps a TON of sidequests on you once you get 1/2 through the main story and have to leave the initial forest area and advance to the plains & desert/canyon areas.

I'm just starting them and leaving most of them until later. I currently have 26 side quests, 4 faction quests, & 11 tasks open outside of the main story.

I love the game, but I hate the amount of hand holding there is. One quest sends you to find a flower. Not only is the location circled on your map, but when you get there, a giant arrow is pointing right to it. It's a good thing the combat is satisfying.

[quote name='kitsunisan']I love the game, but I hate the amount of hand holding there is. One quest sends you to find a flower. Not only is the location circled on your map, but when you get there, a giant arrow is pointing right to it. It's a good thing the combat is satisfying.[/QUOTE]

No option to turn any of that off? That is something about the new Hitman game I am stoked about. The customization of the hint system seems pretty deep...yeah i just turned a KoA post into a Hitman post....magic! :lol:

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']So I have both Skyrim and KoA - I have not started either. Which one should I playthrough first?[/QUOTE]

Have both. If I could only keep one, it'd be Skyrim no question. Easily the best RPG I've ever played.

Saint'sRow911;9822410 said:
Have both. If I could only keep one, it'd be Skyrim no question. Easily the best RPG I've ever played.

He's asking which one he should play first. My answer would be the shorter one that you can be done with and put away. In that regards I think it will have to be KoA because I would imagine Skyrim is bigger plus it has some DLC that will add more length to it.

bread's done
Back