Best Buy 10% back in rewards

Daring

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
A $200 card is 205 base mybb pts I`m not 100% sure if the 95 cents banks though as I`ve gotten responses of yes & no from BB mods. But everything else looks about right. However, you did say you`re already Elite Plus & I`m assuming you`re GCU too so wouldn`t make sense to attempt to make any BB purchases going forward via the pts generated and the Amex.
You been here long enough to know I`m all for using the cards to pay bills why not earn mybb pts for paying for stuff I gotta pay for anyways.

Ideally, the formula is going PPV to Amex then Amex to BB. Since on the 2nd trip even more mybb pts are generated the cycle can be extended "endlessly".

During the 5x promo I splurged grabbing 25 cards total $5148.75 to generate 27030 mybb pts($540) on the surface losing $148.75 hurts but that still enough leftover to fully cover a PS4 whenever I see a deal that appeals too me. I`ve already depleted that entire amount buying more PPV to cover gas but with approx. $2800 in $200 cards I`m relaxing for a lil.

If BB would adjust their load limts from $200 to $500 that would come in handy too even though I`d they may increase the fee from $6-$8 the math is still in our favor.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/500-load-limits-on-the-BestBuy-Pre-paid-visa-s/idi-p/763707

A $200 card is 205 base mybb pts I`m not 100% sure if the 95 cents banks though as I`ve gotten responses of yes & no from BB mods. But everything else looks about right. However, you did say you`re already Elite Plus & I`m assuming you`re GCU too so wouldn`t make sense to attempt to make any BB purchases going forward via the pts generated and the Amex.
You been here long enough to know I`m all for using the cards to pay bills why not earn mybb pts for paying for stuff I gotta pay for anyways.

Ideally, the formula is going PPV to Amex then Amex to BB. Since on the 2nd trip even more mybb pts are generated the cycle can be extended "endlessly".

During the 5x promo I splurged grabbing 25 cards total $5148.75 to generate 27030 mybb pts($540) on the surface losing $148.75 hurts but that still enough leftover to fully cover a PS4 whenever I see a deal that appeals too me. I`ve already depleted that entire amount buying more PPV to cover gas but with approx. $2800 in $200 cards I`m relaxing for a lil.

If BB would adjust their load limts from $200 to $500 that would come in handy too even though I`d they may increase the fee from $6-$8 the math is still in our favor.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/500-load-limits-on-the-BestBuy-Pre-paid-visa-s/idi-p/763707
Was this directed towards me? If so, you know me and know I will never have to spend real $ at BB for a long time.

Didn't someone post above that bluebird no longer allows cash in via debit cards, that would kinda grind everything to a stop.  If someone finds out please post, paying off your BB credit card with Bluebird would be great if you can load in the Visa GCs as debit cards, if you can't its too much of a hassle keeping track of a bunch of $200 visa GCs.

Didn't someone post above that bluebird no longer allows cash in via debit cards, that would kinda grind everything to a stop. If someone finds out please post, paying off your BB credit card with Bluebird would be great if you can load in the Visa GCs as debit cards, if you can't its too much of a hassle keeping track of a bunch of $200 visa GCs.
it was not true for WM. CVS and others are cash only now.

Yep, unlike others, I'm a fan of your posts. However, I can see how some of your wall of text posts can rub some guys the wrong way.

My first foray into the Visa GCs was during that last 5x event (in Feb?). Bought $1k worth and worked out great. I ended up using the Visas to pay for groceries, gas and a bunch of online goods. Because the Bluebird option gives me the ability to turn visa GCs back into cash, it makes it so I don't have to keep those Visa cards on hand or have to check their balances periodically when I buy stuff.

I also wished the max would be bumped to $500 per card but oh well. Probably for some reason we don't know about.

If I don`t post details my inbox on here & the forums blows up fast. I try to post step by step stuff to cut down on filler ?`s. Some ppl don`t see the big picture others assume factors will hold them back. You can use my forumla`s for a little or alot as long as the math works you`ll always be in the black(or green).

I`ve done the 2x-3x promo from rz silver so 5x was epic. Chances are good we`ll see more with Elite plus now being $3500 & alot more existing elite plus members and growing. But I try not to leave things up to chance with BB a lil push is all they need.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Increase-2X-3X-bonuses-promos-to-5X-due-to-the-elite-plus/idi-p/766033

I`d like BB to make things alot more simple the trick is to suggest an ideax that generates profits off regular customers but still remains CAG friendly. GCU is great for games but I need something for the other stuff I get from BB. I can`t understand how they still haven`t offered a GCU styled program to cover dvd/cds/blu, borders & barnes/noble have done it for yrs. Add a redcard copycat w/5% discount that way GCU jumps to 25%. Steady by steady though BB keeps adding & adding so it`ll come.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/BestBuy-version-of-the-Target-Redcard-w-5-discount-amp-free/idi-p/812346
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/New-BestBuy-MMM-club-Movies-Music-Media/idi-p/540236

The receipt and the sign pad when you choose standard credit will say 6% reguardless, but as long as the employee scanned the promo coupon that will be on the receipt as a item it will give you 10%. And it is only 10% for the very first transaction as in a one time thing so buy everything you want at once to maximize profit.

I also read someone say it will work with financing which is not true. The deal is a extension of the existing 6% back with standard credit and APR meaning if you dont pay the balance off before the end of your billing cycle you have to pay the interest.

Maybe that should be in the OP many people could get slammed with it if they dont use CCs often.
This is not correct, well except the part about it not working on financing.

Where did you get this information from? I bought on several transactions during the last promo and all got the extra %. The landing page from the OP's link even says "Shop as often as you want, now through September 6, and watch your rewards add up."
This.

Just from what I was told. Idk though I never used it personally. Last time we ran the promo for that short time idk a week or so it was only the one transaction.
I'm sorry, but you are really misinformed. Best Buy ran this 10% promo all last month and the last 2 weeks of April. It has literally been going on for a month and a half already. Just use your Best Buy credit card when you pay, don't "finance" your purchase (by default it shouldn't) and you can do so as much as you want. I've gotten a ton of bonus points the last month and a half from this.

Does this work on Preorders? I believe they charge you at the time of pick up and not when you order so I'm not entirely sure how that works.

Does this work on Preorders? I believe they charge you at the time of pick up and not when you order so I'm not entirely sure how that works.
Probably only on the $5 deposit (in store PO) unless you pay the entire amount upfront on the BB CC. I don't know how it works with online orders for shipping or instore pickup.

If you do it in store the whole amount can be paid off I believe and charged. Online it just puts a hold so it wouldn't work for online orders.

Basically buy Pre-paid visa for eveyday use. Possibly use that to transfer funds to bluebird. Interesting. I've never tried this before so I'll just start with $200. I just a regular free memeber.  Forgive me, I'll never used pre-paid cards before, they're basically visa and can be used to mostly everything. Anywhere wheres visa accepted.

If I were to buy a prepaid Visa gift card how would I go about loading a Bluebird card with a pre paid Visa?

If you do it in store the whole amount can be paid off I believe and charged. Online it just puts a hold so it wouldn't work for online orders.
Right, it just puts a hold. Despite it placing a hold, the purchase was made during the promotion.

If that doesn't work, I can just payoff in store? If so, that would be a pretty sick deal for some of the GCU certificate games. 20% off + 10% back + $10 reward certificate.

Basically buy Pre-paid visa for eveyday use. Possibly use that to transfer funds to bluebird. Interesting. I've never tried this before so I'll just start with $200. I just a regular free memeber. Forgive me, I'll never used pre-paid cards before, they're basically visa and can be used to mostly everything. Anywhere wheres visa accepted.
Please post if you do this a few people have theorized that it'll work but no one has confirmed yet the following chain is working:

buy $200 visa GC at best buy with BB credit card ($5.95 fee)

load visa GC into bluebird account at walmart or online as a debit card ($0 fee)

pay off best buy credit card with bluebird bill pay ($0 fee? or not?)

That would be a nice little cycle to rack up some points but a few things may break it especially with possible recent Bluebird/Serve changes. Enuf, Please don't reply with a 20 paragraph discourse on how you have created best buy forum topics to make Best Buy the best little electronics store in the Universe.

^ I can confirm this works from previous promos. I also just loaded some of them on Bluebird today. No fees for anything you asked.

Short enough? And I didn't even quote you.

Is $200 the max amount to get on a visa gift card? Everybody seems to be using that amount in their examples but I want to get $400 for the white ps4 bundle. 

Enuf, Please don't reply with a 20 paragraph discourse on how you have created best buy forum topics to make Best Buy the best little electronics store in the Universe.
You noobs,
Firstly, 99% of you ?`s have already been answered the only part that`s in question is if you can pay the BB CC w/the Amex which I did the legwork for here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Other-Customer-Service-Support/What-are-exceptable-forms-of-payment-for-the-BB-credit-card/td-p/824426#M1892
Not only did I do the legwork on part 1 of the issue I also tried to locate a plan B option if the 1st one didn`t work.
That also doesn`t include the other ? link quoted above

And I was able to do this along with writing 20 paragraph responses attempting to assist others but yeah thanks for your contributions. Now do us all a favor by spending 10 minutes on the BB forums voting for things that`ll benefit the entire CAG community if/when they go into effect.

You noobs,
Firstly, 99% of you ?`s have already been answered the only part that`s in question is if you can pay the BB CC w/the Amex which I did the legwork for here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Other-Customer-Service-Support/What-are-exceptable-forms-of-payment-for-the-BB-credit-card/td-p/824426#M1892
Not only did I do the legwork on part 1 of the issue I also tried to locate a plan B option if the 1st one didn`t work.
That also doesn`t include the other ? link quoted above

And I was able to do this along with writing 20 paragraph responses attempting to assist others but yeah thanks for your contributions. Now do us all a favor by spending 10 minutes on the BB forums voting for things that`ll benefit the entire CAG community if/when they go into effect.
I make payments to BB MC (Citi) through Bluebird's bill pay service. Works like any other bill pay. Also, money can be withdrawn from Bluebird to your bank account, So pay BB MC any way you want with that cash.

...if that is the AMEX you are talking about.

I make payments to BB MC (Citi) through Bluebird's bill pay service. Works like any other bill pay. Also, money can be withdrawn from Bluebird to your bank account, So pay BB MC any way you want with that cash.

i
Is there a fee for that? It would be so much simplier if BB accepted the AMEX swiped right in-store assuming the local a store is close by. Doesn`t really matter much to me I`d just take my paycheck money & pay the bill & use the cards anyways cash/credit/debit it all spends.

That's so awesome. Getting a bluebird asap.

i
Is there a fee for that? It would be so much simplier if BB accepted the AMEX swiped right in-store assuming the local a store is close by. Doesn`t really matter much to me I`d just take my paycheck money & pay the bill & use the cards anyways cash/credit/debit it all spends.
No fees. Checkout the Bluebird and/or Serve websites.

For the life of me I couldn't understand why you were going that whole buying more GCs at WM, paying more fees route. I'm not one to talk though. You remember when we were raping BB TI in 2011/2012 before the bans? I cashed out over $5000 of those Visas through Square. YES! I ate another 2.75% in fees. This was before Bluebird...or before I knew about Bluebird.

That's so awesome. Getting a bluebird asap.
I'd say go with Serve. It's easy to get the $1 month fee waived. If not, the fact that you can get the AMEX offers on it outweighs that $1. I'm switching my Bluebird to Serve after this last BB MC payment clears.

I'd say go with Serve. It's easy to get the $1 month fee waived. If not, the fact that you can get the AMEX offers on it outweighs that $1. I'm switching my Bluebird to Serve after this last BB MC payment clears.
What $1 fee? Sorry new to this. You can get the AMEX offers on which. Bluebird or Serve. Don't know much about either. Looking into serve as we speak.

No fees. Checkout the Bluebird and/or Serve websites.

For the life of me I couldn't understand why you were going that whole buying more GCs at WM, paying more fees route. I'm not one to talk though. You remember when we were raping BB TI in 2011/2012 before the bans? I cashed out over $5000 of those Visas through Square. YES! I ate another 2.75% in fees. This was before Bluebird...or before I knew about Bluebird.
I didn`t know about Amex till the last 5x promo in Jan. but I really never felt them. The $5.95 is only $0.95 to me 3x times then $4.95 once coming back but I`d earn $50 in mybb on the backend so it was like spending $8 to make $50.

I never really had to cash out alot of the $200 cards anyways I gotta fill up everyday @ $63-$64 a pop so $320ish a week knocks out cards fast.

What $1 fee? Sorry new to this. You can get the AMEX offers on which. Bluebird or Serve. Don't know much about either. Looking into serve as we speak.
Serve has a $1/mo. fee unless you direct deposit or load $500. Serve is eligible for AMEX offers.

Article on Swerve vs Bluebird:

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2014/04/09/bluebird-vs-serve-once-again/

Another "twist" in the equation is the new ISIS smartphone payment system, which can tie into either Bluebird or Swerve.  ISIS requires a special chip installed into your smartphone and lets you pay for things with NFC - just pass the phone near the register and type in your codes into the phone, no swiping or touching required.  However its pretty brand new and so has a lot of other issues.

Here's an article on loading gift cards onto Bluebird, literally makes it sound like a video game so great for us:

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2014/06/09/update-changes-to-loading-bluebird-at-walmart/

Neither card will let you load online with debit gift card (what you get from Best Buy for $200).  CVS will only allow cash reloads no debit/gift or credit cards.

The AMEX Sync offers aren't bad, but nothing crazy.  I've got 2 amex cards in the family and in the past year we got : $10 free at Sprouts (bought $50 gc), $25 free at Costco ($25 spent), $10 free at any small business, $5 at gas station.  Maybe one or two other small things.  Decent stuff but nothing to work up a frenzy over.

ISIS has even better offers for now, like a free jamba juice every day 

Article on Swerve vs Bluebird:

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2014/04/09/bluebird-vs-serve-once-again/

Another "twist" in the equation is the new ISIS smartphone payment system, which can tie into either Bluebird or Swerve. ISIS requires a special chip installed into your smartphone and lets you pay for things with NFC - just pass the phone near the register and type in your codes into the phone, no swiping or touching required. However its pretty brand new and so has a lot of other issues.

Here's an article on loading gift cards onto Bluebird, literally makes it sound like a video game so great for us:

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2014/06/09/update-changes-to-loading-bluebird-at-walmart/

Neither card will let you load online with debit gift card (what you get from Best Buy for $200). CVS will only allow cash reloads no debit/gift or credit cards.

The AMEX Sync offers aren't bad, but nothing crazy. I've got 2 amex cards in the family and in the past year we got : $10 free at Sprouts (bought $50 gc), $25 free at Costco ($25 spent), $10 free at any small business, $5 at gas station. Maybe one or two other small things. Decent stuff but nothing to work up a frenzy over.

ISIS has even better offers for now, like a free jamba juice every day
Yes. If you have an ISIS capable phone and SIM. Go with Serve. They are currently giving a $50 credit when signing up for Serve through the ISIS app.

For the Visa GCs from BB, none of that stuff in the article applies. These cards are issued by MetaBank. You just ask for load by Debit and use last 4 digits of the card number as the PIN. No change payment or any of that stuff. These are by far the easiest card to liquidate.

Holy $hit, if you`re elite plus getting 25 $200 visa`s for $5,148.75 BB would give you $1,800 back. You`re +$1,650 after fees
I don't think that's right. Simply, if you just look at spending $5k today, 10% back is $500 in certs minus $5.95/card ($148.75). So you'd net approx. $350 in your scenario. Not sure how you got $1650 in profit unless you're calculating based on 5x points promo.

I don't think that's right. Simply, if you just look at spending $5k today, 10% back is $500 in certs minus $5.95/card ($148.75). So you'd net approx. $350 in your scenario. Not sure how you got $1650 in profit unless you're calculating based on 5x points promo.
Combined two perks in wrong sequence 10% + 25%(35% x $5248.75) I calculated it as 35% back on the purchase doing too many things once.

Combined two perks in wrong sequence 10% + 25%(35% x $5248.75) I calculated it as 35% back on the purchase doing too many things once.
heh, I wish your calcs were accurate. Bottom line seems to be you profit about $17 RZ certs per $200 BB Visa.

This requires the BB credit card and spending out of pocket cash?

About 5 bucks to get 22 in rewards points per 200 turn?

I have near 1000 in BB GC's, anyway I can get in on this?

This requires the BB credit card and spending out of pocket cash?

About 5 bucks to get 22 in rewards points per 200 turn?

I have near 1000 in BB GC's, anyway I can get in on this?
only way I think you can get out from under those BB GCs if your store allows payment of the BB Visas by those GCs. Otherwise, I think kindle cards is your other choice but it dead ends there.

only way I think you can get out from under those BB GCs if your store allows payment of the BB Visas by those GCs. Otherwise, I think kindle cards is your other choice but it dead ends there.
Alot of people forget to move items purchased with the credit to get to "cash". Works better with mybb certs generally but when done correctlyyu get better profit yields. Highend tablets/cell phones works best since they`re always in demand selling them tax free nets dollar for dollar if not more depending on the tax rates. Plus they make it easy to move larger chunks of credit.

Alot of people forget to move items purchased with the credit to get to "cash". Works better with mybb certs generally but when done correctlyyu get better profit yields. Highend tablets/cell phones works best since they`re always in demand selling them tax free nets dollar for dollar if not more depending on the tax rates. Plus they make it easy to move larger chunks of credit.
I think people (in general) shy away from going that route as the hassle of selling items isn't worth the time and effort/hassle. I'd be one of those people so I tend to look for easier ways to move credit around which don't involve reselling products to individuals. "Moving" games/electronics from store to store is easier and less risky IMHO.

I think people (in general) shy away from going that route as the hassle of selling items isn't worth the time and effort/hassle. I'd be one of those people so I tend to look for easier ways to move credit around which don't involve reselling products to individuals. "Moving" games/electronics from store to store is easier and less risky IMHO.
I`ve done it right in the store will buying other items busier stores work best b/c there`s alot of people looking for a "good deal". I just watch a lil & when there`s a person who is truly ready to buy a simple "excuse me I can probably assist you in getting a better deal on that in your hands it`ll take me 5 minutes saving you _____". At that point most people will at least listen. Tell them you`re gonna buy that item right then for them while they use the in-store ATM to get you the cash.
They know the item isn`t stolen, have a receipt & save tax + maybe a lil more. You get the cash.

bread's done
Back