Best Buy 10% back in rewards

Daring

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up some games and visa GCs today morning, transactions have posted and don't have 10% bonus on the Visa GCs so yeah it looks like they have fixed it and Visa GCs no longer qualify for the 10% rewards back anymore :( Can still make $14/200 with 10% coupon but to be honest with the effort involved in getting a movers coupon and moving the money back its hardly worth it, except to maybe qualify for Elite+

I'm sure they'll fix the 10% coupon applying pretty soon too, since people are posting it in every thread
Has it been 15 days since the purchase or are you just talking about what showing on Mybb.

many reports over the interwebs that any Visa GC purchase made since Friday is only showing base points. No bonuses.
I`d still wait till 15 days we all know it`s BB system same goes for the $10 pre-order sometimes it shows right away other times not till the 15th.

BB & reacting fast don`t normally go in the same sentence.

nah they have definitely taken out visa gift cards out of the 10% back promo, it correctly calculated the other items I bought today (including a soda) and also added the credit card fees ($5.95 per) but didn't include the actual dollar amount of the visa gift cards.  Since it still shows the bonus points for the previous purchases its pretty reasonable to assume they finally fixed it.

It was never supposed to add it for gift cards anyways, and doesn't for best buy gift cards, even their terms and conditions say it:

All gift cards and prepaid cards are excluded from all bonus point promotions unless otherwise noted. Bonus points will not be multiplied.

nah they have definitely taken out visa gift cards out of the 10% back promo, it correctly calculated the other items I bought today (including a soda) and also added the credit card fees ($5.95 per) but didn't include the actual dollar amount of the visa gift cards. Since it still shows the bonus points for the previous purchases its pretty reasonable to assume they finally fixed it.

It was never supposed to add it for gift cards anyways, and doesn't for best buy gift cards, even their terms and conditions say it:

All gift cards and prepaid cards are excluded from all bonus point promotions unless otherwise noted. Bonus points will not be multiplied.[/size]
it's all over noooooooo!!!!!

but why best buy gift cards? Don't do this to me BB how am I supposed to purchase a Xbox one for free now, tell me dam it tellll meeeeee.

one more thing to check is if Walmart Moneycenter ATMs are accepting these Visa GCs anymore as debit cards for Bluebird, I could not load the last two I have yesterday or today at three different Walmart's (debit not approved errors kept getting spit out) but maybe their ATM network was down or something, half the Walmarts I have visited in the past have big problems with their Moneycenter ATMs anyways.

anyways if Bluebird won't load them anymore as debit cards I am definitely done, not worth the hassle of carrying around a ton of cards that are easily lost for a few bucks and no extra RZ points from BB.  You can load up to $1k a month into amazon payments and then transfer to your bank account if you are stuck with some cards and don't wanna hang on to them, think thats fee free too.

one more thing to check is if Walmart Moneycenter ATMs are accepting these Visa GCs anymore as debit cards for Bluebird, I could not load the last two I have yesterday or today at three different Walmart's (debit not approved errors kept getting spit out) but maybe their ATM network was down or something, half the Walmarts I have visited in the past have big problems with their Moneycenter ATMs anyways.

anyways if Bluebird won't load them anymore as debit cards I am definitely done, not worth the hassle of carrying around a ton of cards that are easily lost for a few bucks and no extra RZ points from BB. You can load up to $1k a month into amazon payments and then transfer to your bank account if you are stuck with some cards and don't wanna hang on to them, think thats fee free too.
You only tried the kiosks and not the register?

anyways if Bluebird won't load them anymore as debit cards I am definitely done, not worth the hassle of carrying around a ton of cards that are easily lost for a few bucks and no extra RZ points from BB. You can load up to $1k a month into amazon payments and then transfer to your bank account if you are stuck with some cards and don't wanna hang on to them, think thats fee free too.
Wait are you saying you paid $205.95 or $185.95 cash/debit/credit & you`re not getting the basic 205 or 185 BASE mybb pts AFTER 15 days?

I don`t get the "easy to lose" stuff either I mean how often do you lose your wallet or leave a CC at a store.

Wait are you saying you paid $205.95 or $185.95 cash/debit/credit & you`re not getting the basic 205 or 185 BASE mybb pts AFTER 15 days?

I don`t get the "easy to lose" stuff either I mean how often do you lose your wallet or leave a CC at a store.
If you have a few of them, I wouldn't want to carry them around either. I already have two GS GC (one GC, one trade in), one Target GC, one Walmart GC, Bluebird and a few others that are a pain in the butt to keep around when you need them. So for me, I can't keep them all available on the off chance I want something. My solution was to spreadsheet the numbers and PINs so at least if there is a deal on line, I have the info on my computer, always "nearby". Physical cards, not so much.

2 $200 Visa cards bought 7/25/14

Total Points Earned with this transaction 411
Purchases 411
My Best Buy Gamers Club Everyday Bonus Point Promo 0
My Best Buy Credit Card Bonus 0
Back to School My Best Buy Credit Card bonus 0

If you have a few of them, I wouldn't want to carry them around either. I already have two GS GC (one GC, one trade in), one Target GC, one Walmart GC, Bluebird and a few others that are a pain in the butt to keep around when you need them. So for me, I can't keep them all available on the off chance I want something. My solution was to spreadsheet the numbers and PINs so at least if there is a deal on line, I have the info on my computer, always "nearby". Physical cards, not so much.
I`d be more worried about by personal debit card as losing it puts much more of my money at risk. At any giving time I have two $500 WM visa`s & two BB visa`s so there`s a cap of $1400 I could lose via the cards I have way more than that in my savings/checking accounts. I do have the 800 #`s for both cards on my phone though to quick call cancel.

For the average person just 1-2 cards per month should do well with little to no bookkeeping.

Grab 2 cards for $400
1- Fill up you gas tank leaving from BB - $50-$80
2- Go from the gas station to the supermarket get a months worth of groceries
Depending on your household that`ll nuke both cards before you`re home.
If you have legit money($100-$150) leftover
3- Pay your cable, cell phone and/or wifi bills
$400 to zero wait a day to ensure the payments post & recycle the cards

If your wife/GF handles the food shopping and/or bills just do #1 then come home give her the cards tell her the tank is full & here`s $300ish for groceries.

Tell her to spend $300 @ the market & $50 @ Victoria`s Secret then everyone wins/everyones happy. Next month when you spend $50 on games she won`t even blink. Everyone wins/everyones happy.

Tell her to spend $300 @ the market & $50 @ Victoria`s Secret then everyone wins/everyones happy. Next month when you spend $50 on games she won`t even blink. Everyone wins/everyones happy.
LOL. I don't like losing anything but I get what you're saying. Before the bluebird option, I spent 3 $200 Visas in a month, no problem.

LOL. I don't like losing anything but I get what you're saying. Before the bluebird option, I spent 3 $200 Visas in a month, no problem.
Yeah that`s about the norm for a average CAG for me being able to convert $15,000 at the gas pump into 4 Elite Plus accounts is worth the $0.95 per card. But here`s the crazy part if you double the amount of your cards you crrently do you`re under $200 or 1 card behind me lol.
True cost of living in 2014 is a *itch

oh I think i figured out why bluebird won't load my VGCs anymore, I hit the $5k monthly limit earlier on debit cards I guess, so if anyone else gets the Debit not approved error may be just wait until august 1st

this is still kinda useful if you want to try and qualify for Elite + since the $ spend still seems to count, but after that not worth it

this is still kinda useful if you want to try and qualify for Elite + since the $ spend still seems to count, but after that not worth it
If you have or once you get elite plus this is an easy way to churn $5 certs which make items tax free @ BB.

The move now is to use other CC 10% back on purchases buying the visa`s to churn mybb pts. Once you get a system in place just move the chess pieces around.

There is a 10% off a regularly priced item I got in my email as a new BB cardholder. Today I tried to stack it w/a 10% single item movers on a VGC, Amazon GC, and Transformers PS3. Did not stack. 

If you have or once you get elite plus this is an easy way to churn $5 certs which make items tax free @ BB.
The move now is to use other CC 10% back on purchases buying the visa`s to churn mybb pts. Once you get a system in place just move the chess pieces around.
what other credit cards offer 10% on purchases? I'm not aware of any at the moment.

He probably just meant % back without the 10.
Exactly doesn`t even have to % for some travel miles, meal money whatever`s offered that best suits the person`s needs/wants.
Moving larger amounts over a few months will help increase credits scores too assuming fully paid off balances.

This is a real bummer. I had just reached Elite Plus status this way and still have 3,700 points pending from a recent VGC purchase. Had made a point to head back sometime next week after paying of the balance on my BB card. Welp, it was fun while it lasted.

Kmart has a deal that`ll net you a $10 off any $10 or more spent on anything coupon for each $100 worth of Mastercard giftcards. Not nearly as good as the BB ones but you can still double dip pts coming back to BB. It`s also a bit more work

1- Buy 2 $100 MC from kmart using you BB CC
2- Use those & a movers coupon to buy a $200 visa from BB
3- Load the visa to Amex BB
4- Buy games from BB

185 base mybb, 46 EP pts, 20% off the $200($40), 400 base mybb & 50 EP pts.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/333904-83-816-free-10-off-coupon-wpurchase-of-every-100-mc-giftcard-kmart/?p=11973044

I'm pretty sure the last Bluebird Kiosk within a 50 mile radius of me that loaded the Visa Giftcards from Best Buy correctly has been taken offline (due to maintenance or because of my activity) pretty much puts a nail in a coffin in this whole thing. I'm happy that I have Elite Plus status now, and I'm sure I'll still take advantage of bonus rewards offers and GCU deals in the future, but in a much more conventional matter.

1- Buy 2 $100 MC from kmart using you BB CC
2- Use those & a movers coupon to buy a $200 visa from BB
3- Load the visa to Amex BB
4- Buy games from BB
I usually don't participate in these things, but I find them interesting. However, it gets confusing if you use BB as the abbreviation for both Best Buy and Bluebird. I feel like I'm back in the days of Best Buy/Blockbuster flipping.

I'm pretty sure the last Bluebird Kiosk within a 50 mile radius of me that loaded the Visa Giftcards from Best Buy correctly has been taken offline (due to maintenance or because of my activity) pretty much puts a nail in a coffin in this whole thing. I'm happy that I have Elite Plus status now, and I'm sure I'll still take advantage of bonus rewards offers and GCU deals in the future, but in a much more conventional matter.
The kiosks are always going down. You can load the cards at the register.

I usually don't participate in these things, but I find them interesting. However, it gets confusing if you use BB as the abbreviation for both Best Buy and Bluebird. I feel like I'm back in the days of Best Buy/Blockbuster flipping.
I feel you. That's why I always used BBV for Blockbuster. Maybe we can use BlBi for Bluebird.

How does this work with ... 10% movers coupon?

Use the coupon then obviously you'll use the BB CC and then get 10% back on w/e the remaining total is?

For anyone with a relatively new BB credit card, be warned that even if you defer reward zone certificates it auto issues certs for points from non Best Buy spending - grocery, gas, etc.  So login and keep an eye / use on your certs, since they expire 90 days from issue.

The 10% movers coupon still works on VGCs, and Best Buy has started issuing newer VGCs that have their own branding and no longer have the "gowallet.com" branding stuff, but they are functionally equivalent.  I think I am pretty much done though, while 10% discount plus a few bucks from RZ points is nice, loading the money into Bluebird is a monumental pain in the ass.  Yesterday evening I visited 7 different Walmarts and not a single one had a working ATM machine.  Today I had to visit four (completely different) Walmart's to get 4 cards loaded into my Bluebird account, two weren't working and one only loaded two cards before shutting down with an error - Manager had no clue what was wrong.  

If I wasn't lucky and lived in a huge city with a million Walmarts and Best Buy's I'd be pissed.  Also pretty much every Walmart I visit is inhabited by extras from Mad Max movies, and its wonderful having the ATM machine yell out "PLEASE CONFIRM $200 DEPOSIT" for every card.  I've never felt the desire to own a CCW permit, but after hanging out in so many Walmart's I think I do now.

For anyone with a relatively new BB credit card, be warned that even if you defer reward zone certificates it auto issues certs for points from non Best Buy spending - grocery, gas, etc. So login and keep an eye / use on your certs, since they expire 90 days from issue.

The 10% movers coupon still works on VGCs, and Best Buy has started issuing newer VGCs that have their own branding and no longer have the "gowallet.com" branding stuff, but they are functionally equivalent. I think I am pretty much done though, while 10% discount plus a few bucks from RZ points is nice, loading the money into Bluebird is a monumental pain in the ass. Yesterday evening I visited 7 different Walmarts and not a single one had a working ATM machine. Today I had to visit four (completely different) Walmart's to get 4 cards loaded into my Bluebird account, two weren't working and one only loaded two cards before shutting down with an error - Manager had no clue what was wrong.

If I wasn't lucky and lived in a huge city with a million Walmarts and Best Buy's I'd be pissed. Also pretty much every Walmart I visit is inhabited by extras from Mad Max movies, and its wonderful having the ATM machine yell out "PLEASE CONFIRM $200 DEPOSIT" for every card. I've never felt the desire to own a CCW permit, but after hanging out in so many Walmart's I think I do now.
If you are able to bank, even the points from non-BB purchases should bank. They only show up when your statement cycles.

90 days? My certs expire a year and a week from issue. Is that another Elite Plus perk?

Why don't you load at the register?

Bring a pair of headphones (or just an adapter) and plug them in.

As far as I can tell, they bank.  I just did the two months of paying my phone bill and the points went into the bank.  There was enough to cover $15 worth of certs if the system decided auto-issued them (they posted last week).  No unexpected certs as of this morning.

Ah, it must have been the $10 reward certificate for using my BB card for the first time, I guess it posted 30 days or so after I first signed up.  So yeah scratch that previous comment, just have to worry about the random one off bonus certificates.  That one though expires 30 days from issue date, I'm Elite+ too.

I prefer using the moneycenter ATM machine to cashier since I like to do 4-5 cards at a time, and for some reason the machine never has a line but the cashier will usually have some line.

you can "recycle" issued certificates by doing a pre-order of a video game and instantly cancelling it online, while you don't see anything about points coming back the two times I have done it the points show back up as "Dotcom returned certificate adjustment" about a week later.  YMMV and all that though, wouldn't want to try that route on a larger than $10 cert in case it doesn't kick back.

For anyone with a relatively new BB credit card, be warned that even if you defer reward zone certificates it auto issues certs for points from non Best Buy spending - grocery, gas, etc. So login and keep an eye / use on your certs, since they expire 90 days from issue.

The 10% movers coupon still works on VGCs, and Best Buy has started issuing newer VGCs that have their own branding and no longer have the "gowallet.com" branding stuff, but they are functionally equivalent. I think I am pretty much done though, while 10% discount plus a few bucks from RZ points is nice, loading the money into Bluebird is a monumental pain in the ass. Yesterday evening I visited 7 different Walmarts and not a single one had a working ATM machine. Today I had to visit four (completely different) Walmart's to get 4 cards loaded into my Bluebird account, two weren't working and one only loaded two cards before shutting down with an error - Manager had no clue what was wrong.

If I wasn't lucky and lived in a huge city with a million Walmarts and Best Buy's I'd be pissed. Also pretty much every Walmart I visit is inhabited by extras from Mad Max movies, and its wonderful having the ATM machine yell out "PLEASE CONFIRM $200 DEPOSIT" for every card. I've never felt the desire to own a CCW permit, but after hanging out in so many Walmart's I think I do now.
OP here. I haven't attempted this at BBY. does this still work. I MS via my other cards. Sonny boy needs a new laptop and i'll have to blow most my GCs on it, hoping to replenish my BBY funds back after this transaction.

Gonna bump this since I finally got something tested that I thought quite a few of you might be interested in.  I remember a post earlier in this thread about preorders... I think it was Enuf that asked on BBY's forums about it and was told that the item had to be picked up by the end of the promotion.  Well I always doubt most things that come from a company's CSRs...

So anyway I had a few things I preordered during the Memorial 10% back event and finally picked one up yesterday...  just checked on points and even tho they are still pending... there are currently listings for Purchases, Gamers Club bonus, BB Credit Card bonus, and Memorial Day credit card bonus.

So looks like unless something has changed between the Memorial Day event and the current one.... bonus points could very well be awarded for items preordered.

I guess my thinking is that it might not hurt to get those preorders in during this 10% off.

bread's done
Back