Best Buy - "10 days, 10 games, $10"

AnonymousLurker

CAGiversary!
Title says it all, really: Best Buy is running a promotion where for the next ten days they are selling a different game each day for $10.

Today's game is Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, a title we all know and love as a perpetual sale title typically priced at $15 on Black Friday or $20 during sales the rest of the year.

Edit: Also be aware that GameStop is price matching this sale online.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm kinda glad there's a few shit days, I'd hate to spend 10 bucks every day for over a week lmao that's gonna add up

Rage 2 was actually a fun game. It’s been cheaper than this multiple times though, making this not a deal. Also on Xbox game pass. You should play it there if you have a chance

Rage 2.  I guess they have to have the stinkers too.  CyberPunk will probably be the last day.  But lets hope for a few surprises before then and not more stinkers.

At this point, we're not far from the BF shopping season, so little reason to pick up unless you very much know it's at the bargain price.

That all said, clean pass on Rage 2. Have very little to no interest in FPS games. I wish RE7 and 8 gave a third person option.

This really should have been left at $8 permanently when it went down a few months ago. Very few takers at $10. They will probably struggle to offload them at $5 at this rate.

This really should have been left at $8 permanently when it went down a few months ago. Very few takers at $10. They will probably struggle to offload them at $5 at this rate.
I remember going to one of the BBs in my area around this time last year and they had literally 30+ copies on the shelf for $7-$8 in the protective cases, probably to make it look more full. Such an awful game, one of the worst I've played of last generation. Also had 30+ copies of Vampyr but that seems to be gone now, even though that game was almost just as bad.

At least they're attempting some "deals" now. BB had quite a few great ones last summer/earlier this year but have had absolutely nothing in the last 5 or so months.

Missed out on Overcooked. Oh well. Frankly, better off getting PS4 version instead since I'm putting off getting a PS5 for a while now.

PS4 version also has free upgrade to PS5, too.
You technically didn't miss out. best buy just pulled an illegal move or bait and switch. It was never available in the morning. Around noon EDT they took 'preorders' for August 20. It 'sold out' later in the day, then magically this morning it's fully available at $40 again.

You technically didn't miss out. best buy just pulled an illegal move or bait and switch. It was never available in the morning. Around noon EDT they took 'preorders' for August 20. It 'sold out' later in the day, then magically this morning it's fully available at $40 again.
it was available if you were awake when it went live. good deals die quickly especially with wario posting them as soon as they go live

Oh lord, here is the bait and switch stupidity.

Plenty of people got copies when it was up. Just like the person above me said, you missed it.

it was available if you were awake when it went live. good deals die quickly especially with wario posting them as soon as they go live

Oh lord, here is the bait and switch stupidity.

Plenty of people got copies when it was up. Just like the person above me said, you missed it.

I was up very early in the morning, eastern time. It was sold out whenever I checked it.

The issue is they shouldn't advertise it as a daily deal for 24 hours if it's only available for the first 5 minutes, at 1am. Either say while supplies last or first come first serve. Don't have a flipping timer saying "16 hours left!" with a SOLD OUT banner underneath.

I was up very early in the morning, eastern time. It was sold out whenever I checked it.

The issue is they shouldn't advertise it as a daily deal for 24 hours if it's only available for the first 5 minutes, at 1am. Either say while supplies last or first come first serve. Don't have a flipping timer saying "16 hours left!" with a SOLD OUT banner underneath.
Either way, that isn't bait and switch.

They didn't offer you this, then try to sell you something more expensive later. It was available, then it wasn't, then it was again.

They are offering it as a deal, ON A DAY. It doesn't have to be available for 24 hours for a given day.

Again, not bait and switch. Feel free to contact a lawyer.

They didn't offer you this, then try to sell you something more expensive later. It was available, then it wasn't, then it was again.

They are offering it as a deal, ON A DAY. It doesn't have to be available for 24 hours for a given day.

How would it not be defined as bait and switch when it was sold out for $10, then magically when the next day starts, they are taking orders again at $39.99? It's either sold out or not, at 1am the following day they should not be taking orders at full price.

As it stands I got the game on the deal, so I'm not complaining just to whine. What they did was wrong. It's one of the main reasons why I went from spending $5k+ a year as elite plus to spending very little nowadays.

How would it not be defined as bait and switch when it was sold out for $10, then magically when the next day starts, they are taking orders again at $39.99? It's either sold out or not, at 1am the following day they should not be taking orders at full price.

As it stands I got the game on the deal, so I'm not complaining just to whine. What they did was wrong. It's one of the main reasons why I went from spending $5k+ a year as elite plus to spending very little nowadays.
So brave!!!

Nonetheless, shady to have it in stock this morning at full price.

This is just ridiculous. How's it any different from a weekly sale where they sell out before the week's over, just to have it restocked the following week when the sale's finished, other than this sale price being valid for only 24 hours? You can't possibly say every time an item sells out during a sale but gets restocked after a sale is finished is a bait a switch.

Does it suck that they don't have enough stock to last for 24 hrs? OK, that's reasonable to think. But that's not a bait and switch.

And you have to stop saying it was never available. It definitely was. Just because it didn't match your personal schedule exactly doesn't mean it was never available.

Not that it matters but companies usually have allocations for deals like this. So though a company may have 20k of a game in stock, they may only allocate 5k for a sale. They don't have to sell all 20k for a sale as it's their right to maximize their loss and profits for such a sale.

I guess it's shady to sell it for full price the next day and keep it in stock but no different than any other company would do for any temporary sale.

Dang they only let me buy 1 copy total. I’ve got a few accounts but it sucks that they won’t let you order more than 1. Just wanted to get another copy for my friend

Your friend can order one himself
I've been wanting to know who all these generous benefactors are that are buying all these games, Amibos and consoles for their friends and family. Because I don't have any friends that randomly buy me gaming stuff from sites that are freely available to everyone and I really need to find some of them. Especially ones that take the time and effort to create multiple accounts because they are so determined to do so.

True, I may buy a digital gift code for a friend or gift them an extra from a bundle, but I don't buy physical unless I'm somewhere with limited stuff and can get two and they want one or something.

I've bought a few games for friends. Nothing wrong with that. I have yet for someone to buy me a game though. I won't spend more than $10.

I get a number of these types of deals for nieces and nephew myself.  But obviously not everyone here gets gifts for others.

The ad says, "limited quantities". I took that as they are only selling as many as they feel like at that price and doesn't necessarily mean they don't have more of them in stock.

I've been wanting to know who all these generous benefactors are that are buying all these games, Amibos and consoles for their friends and family. Because I don't have any friends that randomly buy me gaming stuff from sites that are freely available to everyone and I really need to find some of them. Especially ones that take the time and effort to create multiple accounts because they are so determined to do so.
*raises hand*

I buy games and consoles for my family and friends all the time. When it comes to deals that sell out fast, it's legit faster and more efficient to order multiple copies instead of direct messaging someone (who may not even be available)so they can log in/create an account and do whatever needs to be done to snag the deal.

The ad says, "limited quantities". I took that as they are only selling as many as they feel like at that price and doesn't necessarily mean they don't have more of them in stock.
It's pointless to reason with someone who doesn't even know what bait and switch means, yet double downs on using it incorrectly after being corrected.

Is siege worth a 10?
Not at this point if you’ve never played it. Arguably one of t by e best FPS ever made but the community is toxic to everybody newbies and pros alike and they live on the game daily and have for years. Go buy a Taco Bell $5 box twice today if you need to drop $10 on something

Not at this point if you’ve never played it. Arguably one of t by e best FPS ever made but the community is toxic to everybody newbies and pros alike and they live on the game daily and have for years. Go buy a Taco Bell $5 box twice today if you need to drop $10 on something
If your end goal is diarrhea, give me the $10 and we'll work something out...
B95PNIx.gif

Buddies and I have a pool going for predicting the remaining titles. What do you all think: is "a *non-Mario* kart racer" (like Garfield Kart or one of the Sonic Racings) not specific enough?

Maybe Shenmue III or Devil May Cry 5? What would be funny is if they take a clearance game that's already below $10 and raise the price to $10 for this sale.

Not specific enough. I’d go with borderlands 3.
Yeah, you're probably right. Was worth a try.

Borderlands 3 is a good choice - it got taken right after Fallout 76. Maybe I'll go with South Park Fractured But Whole or Far Cry New Dawn instead. This sale is starting to look like Ubipalooza.

Maybe Shenmue III or Devil May Cry 5? What would be funny is if they take a clearance game that's already below $10 and raise the price to $10 for this sale.
Those would be great pickups, but your second statement seems way more likely. :D

I'm thinking "A Plague's Tale" will be one of the $10 titles or "Control".

It's pretty simple. Their suppliers only allow them to sell these daily deals without taking a loss if they agree to cut them off at a certain amount. They sold all the available stock sitting in stores within 10 minutes of putting Overcooked up but were able to secure more by mid day so it went up again. Of course they reached their limit soon after and the rest goes back up at full price the next day.

When they first started doing their deal of the day they told stores what they would be for the whole week and the total they could sell before they had to mark them as sold out. Some were as low as 1,500 or as high as 15,000.

bread's done
Back