Best Buy - "10 days, 10 games, $10"

AnonymousLurker

CAGiversary!
Title says it all, really: Best Buy is running a promotion where for the next ten days they are selling a different game each day for $10.

Today's game is Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, a title we all know and love as a perpetual sale title typically priced at $15 on Black Friday or $20 during sales the rest of the year.

Edit: Also be aware that GameStop is price matching this sale online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Y’all some fuckin weirdos. No wonder you don’t have friends. I buy games for my friends when I want them to play with me when they otherwise wouldn’t buy it.

It's pretty simple. Their suppliers only allow them to sell these daily deals without taking a loss if they agree to cut them off at a certain amount. They sold all the available stock sitting in stores within 10 minutes of putting Overcooked up but were able to secure more by mid day so it went up again. Of course they reached their limit soon after and the rest goes back up at full price the next day.

When they first started doing their deal of the day they told stores what they would be for the whole week and the total they could sell before they had to mark them as sold out. Some were as low as 1,500 or as high as 15,000.
I totally get that. Then don't insult customers, lie and say "only 16 hours left!!" knowing the discounted price is no longer available. Like amazon and lightning deals, say sorry, sold out! The way it's being presented is easily open to interpretation as false advertising, especially when it's back to full price the very next day.

I totally get that. Then don't insult customers, lie and say "only 16 hours left!!" knowing the discounted price is no longer available. Like amazon and lightning deals, say sorry, sold out! The way it's being presented is easily open to interpretation as false advertising, especially when it's back to full price the very next day.
JFC you’ve been here like 10+ years and you act like this is your first time shopping.

And stop misusing legal terms ffs.

Gotta love best buy's "let's snag their attention with a nintendo first party game" and then throw out only games they can't sell from the shelves after that

baited hard, lol

I bought FC5 and New Dawn for $9.99 each at Best Buy in May of 2020 and still haven't opened them.

When are they going to have an actual deal?

Ha. This game was just free over the weekend. I didn't get a chance to beat it though. I did like what I played of it and want to finish for sure. Someone on offerup has it for $5 used so if I can't get it from them, I might just buy it. $10 seems like a good price brand new.

JFC you’ve been here like 10+ years and you act like this is your first time shopping.

And stop misusing legal terms ffs.

Good morning! Haven’t seem you round these parts in a while. Let’s just chuck all of this up to “we can agree that we disagree” on this topic.

I do concur with others, the game selection does seem like a ‘bait and switch’ having a decent Switch game then the rest shovelware after that. Or is that switch and bait.... seewhatididthere?

Good morning! Haven’t seem you round these parts in a while. Let’s just chuck all of this up to “we can agree that we disagree” on this topic.

I do concur with others, the game selection does seem like a ‘bait and switch’ having a decent Switch game then the rest shovelware after that. Or is that switch and bait.... seewhatididthere?
No, you're an idiot.

Y’all some fuckin weirdos. No wonder you don’t have friends. I buy games for my friends when I want them to play with me when they otherwise wouldn’t buy it.
Ok, ok let me get this straight. You have to buy games for your friends otherwise they won't play them with you? And we're the weirdos? :rofl:

I mean... I think it's best to just never talk about how many copies you buy - period. If you're bragging about flipping, you're antagonistically pissing people off, if you're talking about holding it for a friend, people don't believe you (or don't care). Regardless of good or bad intention, it always just seems to contribute negatively to the discussion: all that people who missed out on the deal take away from it is that the one extra copy you bought could've been the one with their name on it.

You're reaching very far dude. Is this the hill you really wanna die on?
Huh? What kind of "hill to die on" involves not having the need to buy games for your friends in order for you to play with them? Find better friends that aren't cheapskates then, or care enough to find deals or go buy them if you let them know about a deal.

All this tells me is it is one of three things - 1) Your friends and family care about it far less than you do, 2) They know they can take advantage of you or 3) You're actually scalping and are mad the store wouldn't let you do it. None of those are things to be proud of.

I mean I get if you are headed out for Black Friday or something and a friend or family asks you to grab it for them while you are there, or are buying a birthday gift or something. But a pretty average Best Buy sale on clearance stuff? Nah.

I mean... I think it's best to just never talk about how many copies you buy - period. If you're bragging about flipping, you're antagonistically pissing people off, if you're talking about holding it for a friend, people don't believe you (or don't care). Regardless of good or bad intention, it always just seems to contribute negatively to the discussion: all that people who missed out on the deal take away from it is that the one extra copy you bought could've been the one with their name on it.
This guy gets it. We all know what "buy one for a friend" is code for, especially when you admit to having multiple accounts. That's the whole reason I made the comment, especially in light of how quickly Overcooked went out of stock. You're almost never going to get a pat on the back over buying several copies of a good deal around here, so stop pretending like everyone is dumb. I just found it funny people keep trying that line, and apparently several others did as well because they recognize that tune.

Well other than Mario-Rabbids and Overcooked I'm still waiting to see a "deal" on other games. The last few have been oddly disappointing.

Far Cry 5 base/vanilla - On sale for $9 (plus tax) digitally on PS and Xbox right now. Use the Cash App and have a Cash card? You can use a 15% off "boost" for either and save a bit more money.

Rage 2 - Available on Xbox Game Pass and has had better sale pricing before.

Rainbow 6 Siege - Not even worth trying to play now.  Someone really has to be into Multiplayer only FPS games and doesn't mind dealing with toxic/cheating players.

I said this earlier but this was always going to be a clearance disguised as a promotion with a few "real deals" to keep people interested.

there are only 5 days left and we know we're getting a football game (probably madden), mortal kombat, cyberpunk and fallout so there is really only one more surprise title.

there are only 5 days left and we know we're getting a football game (probably madden), mortal kombat, cyberpunk and fallout so there is really only one more surprise title.
It will be interesting to see what the surprise title is going to be, hopefully it shows up soon. I personally wouldn't mind Madden 21 (PS4) since I'm not buying M22 anytime soon. Already have MK11 base/vanilla and don't care about Cyberpunk or Fallout.

It will be interesting to see what the surprise title is going to be, hopefully it shows up soon. I personally wouldn't mind Madden 21 (PS4) since I'm not buying M22 anytime soon. Already have MK11 base/vanilla and don't care about Cyberpunk or Fallout.
my guess is division 2 lol

How was this confirmed?
Likely from the telltale logos they have on the main page for the "sale." The car looks like the one in Cyberpunk, there's a football, Scorpion's roped spear, and the Fallout gear.

Edit: Of course they could throw an absolute curve ball and instead of the football game being M21... it could be Doug Flutie Maximum Football *cringe*. I appreciate such a small Dev team working on it, however the game is a flaming pile of dog mess.

Gotta love best buy's "let's snag their attention with a nintendo first party game" and then throw out only games they can't sell from the shelves after that

baited hard, lol
Are you talking about Mario + Rabbits? Because that is not a first party game. That is Ubisoft, and like most Ubisoft games is on sale constantly.

Likely from the telltale logos they have on the main page for the "sale." The car looks like the one in Cyberpunk, there's a football, Scorpion's roped spear, and the Fallout gear.

Edit: Of course they could throw an absolute curve ball and instead of the football game being M21... it could be Doug Flutie Maximum Football *cringe*. I appreciate such a small Dev team working on it, however the game is a flaming pile of dog mess.
Thank you. Didn't see any logos when the sale first launch. Must have clicked on the wrong page.

my guess is division 2 lol
Actually playing that right now. Started it early in the year then dusted off my PS5 to try the upgraded patch.

Or Ghost Recon: Breakpoint (in keeping with the Ubisoft trend)
I picked the gold edition up from a one day sale at Best Buy a while back!

unless thats random things the page designer grabbed you know because gamer stuff... hope its not true though because those will all be waste of days..

unless thats random things the page designer grabbed you know because gamer stuff... hope its not true though because those will all be waste of days..
At first glance it could be considered random page design. Until you see the Mario-Rabbids logo on the main page...

Thank you. Didn't see any logos when the sale first launch. Must have clicked on the wrong page.

Actually playing that right now. Started it early in the year then dusted off my PS5 to try the upgraded patch.

I picked the gold edition up from a one day sale at Best Buy a while back!
No prob. I likely would've missed the logos without clicking on the link the OP posted. Been thinking about Division 2 today, time to start playing it later. I also picked up Breakpoint Gold Edition during a DotD a little while back!

Jesus, dude, log off.

Sims 4 for Mac and Windows is the offer.
I have to say that's a pretty funny "sale" title, lol.

Edit: I now fully expect that none of the games mentioned in my earlier post will be on *sale* over the next 4 days. Derrick1979 is right, the logos on the main page is just gamer/gaming stuff for the sake of design.

Dear BB,
Just when I thought you couldn’t get any dumber…
You included Sims 4 pc in this sale and proved me wrong.
What a dud 🤦🏽‍♂️

bread's done
Back