Best Buy - "10 days, 10 games, $10"

AnonymousLurker

CAGiversary!
Title says it all, really: Best Buy is running a promotion where for the next ten days they are selling a different game each day for $10.

Today's game is Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, a title we all know and love as a perpetual sale title typically priced at $15 on Black Friday or $20 during sales the rest of the year.

Edit: Also be aware that GameStop is price matching this sale online.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went into my Cyberpunk order and clicked on Make Shipping Changes. Surprisingly it offered free 2 day shipping, probably because the item is back to $39.99. Went ahead and made that change without affecting my $10 order price. Getting it Friday instead of store pickup Saturday. Now if only the steelbook could be shipped.
Worked as well for me, cutting a week off the original Pick Up date for the game. Steelbook, is still waiting on the B&M.

But, honestly, I can't remember why I decided to buy this as I already have it on PC, where it's run very well, maxed at 4K, since launch. Obviously much better than these consoles will ever achieve.

I guess I just like taking cellophane off of disc cases.

I’m kind of surprised they held Madden 21 until the last day. I thought they would’ve finished with Cyberpunk. I bought a copy of M21 for PS4 w/ in-store pickup. I’m glad I was able to get one game from this clearance disguised as a sale, lol. Of all the PC games they could’ve put on sale, Sims 4 was a lame duck.

I’m kind of surprised they held Madden 21 until the last day. I thought they would’ve finished with Cyberpunk. I bought a copy of M21 for PS4 w/ in-store pickup. I’m glad I was able to get one game from this clearance disguised as a sale, lol. Of all the PC games they could’ve put on sale, Sims 4 was a lame duck.
i am surprised sims 4 pc sold out

Also wondering if the free ps5 upgrade for Madden is indeed dead. Can anyone confirm?

I heard a rumor that there’s the last ~25 years’ worth of old madden games sitting in a New Mexico landfill somewhere. Supposedly, it’s so large that E.T. was overheard saying “I don’t have Shaq-fu on that”

I grabbed CP using rewards.  Rewards removing all tax means it was just a flat $10 which was nice and an incredible value considering you get the steel book too.  Now to wait for the series x upgrade.

10 days, 10 games, 0 worth even the 10 bucks they were asking for them, but that's just me.  The only one I would have even considered was Overcooked & even then it still didn't get me to bite.

It’s the 11th day of a 10 day sale.
I’ve made the realization that this generation doesn’t understand that sales have predetermined end dates. I blame it on the fall of newspaper circulation. Sunday papers used to have all the weekly ads for all the retailers and it was implied that by the time you get the next ad the last week’s sales will have ended. Now people hardly even touch printed ads, don’t look at the fine print, and think sales should go forever.

#getoffmylawn

I’ve made the realization that this generation doesn’t understand that sales have predetermined end dates. I blame it on the fall of newspaper circulation. Sunday papers used to have all the weekly ads for all the retailers and it was implied that by the time you get the next ad the last week’s sales will have ended. Now people hardly even touch printed ads, don’t look at the fine print, and think sales should go forever.
#getoffmylawn
Personally I just lost track of what day we were on

#getoffmylawn
Hey, I'm sure PS2s and Gamecubes had some issues too. This Switch generation wants it everywhere all the time.

Was quite surprised when my copy of Cyberpunk for PS4 showed up the next day and it's got a cardboard slip case with some postcards and a sticker that says "Free PS5 Upgrade". I was expecting just a boring old PS4 case game.

#getoffmylawn
I'm just mad that those printed ads don't automatically update when those sale items go out of stock before the sale period is over. #baitandswitch

#getoffmylawn
It's been this way for some time now, right? I think you're right about this being in part connected to the decline of folks paying (any) attention to the Sunday papers, but that's a trend that's been going on well before even the last generation.

I tend to attribute the "endless" sales moreso to the sharp declines in sales of physical media. With digital storefronts now the dominant norm for games, there is no longer a need to coordinate with retailers on sales. Publishers can put things on sale whenever they want, and however many times they feel like it. There are no set end dates, and platforms seem to be fine with letting publishers even decide when/how much to discount titles.

All of this has IMHO contributed to the FOMO atmosphere for physical releases, whether they be games or merch. While there may be more sales and more choice, there is always this thinking that physical releases are less likely to come back and at reasonable prices. Digital products should never be scarce, though of course, Nintendo recently opened up THAT can of worms with its Mario anniversary game.

#getoffmylawn
Store ads have always come on Tuesday in my area and sales end on different days for each retail stores. Aldi's marcs Wednesday giant eagle Thursday target Monday.

It's been this way for some time now, right? I think you're right about this being in part connected to the decline of folks paying (any) attention to the Sunday papers, but that's a trend that's been going on well before even the last generation.

I tend to attribute the "endless" sales moreso to the sharp declines in sales of physical media. With digital storefronts now the dominant norm for games, there is no longer a need to coordinate with retailers on sales. Publishers can put things on sale whenever they want, and however many times they feel like it. There are no set end dates, and platforms seem to be fine with letting publishers even decide when/how much to discount titles.

All of this has IMHO contributed to the FOMO atmosphere for physical releases, whether they be games or merch. While there may be more sales and more choice, there is always this thinking that physical releases are less likely to come back and at reasonable prices. Digital products should never be scarce, though of course, Nintendo recently opened up THAT can of worms with its Mario anniversary game.
A lot of your post regarding digital sales is incorrect.

Store ads have always come on Tuesday in my area and sales end on different days for each retail stores. Aldi's marcs Wednesday giant eagle Thursday target Monday.
target sales run sunday to saturday, you get the grocery store ads on tuesday but the sales dont start til wednesday, and sales run wednesday to tuesday 90% of the time.

I think you just are thinking of different ads than he is talking about. The sunday paper ads used to be best buy, dicks, circuit city etc, basically B&M non grocery stores with ads running sunday to saturday.

Got my Cyberpunk steelbook, in a bubble mailer of course, and obviously, came completely smashed lol. I think BB is doing this just to fuck with me

Got CP for $10 with the Steel.  Hopefully the Xbox Series X version will be working by the time I get one next year once my GPU subscription runs out.

Lok yes, but why would anyone buy 21 when 22 is out? Just because it’s cheap? Or am I missing something?

I guess that makes sense. I’m enjoying 22 on my Series X. I sadly buy Madden at launch every year lol
Remember when I said I wasn't going to buy Madden 22 anytime soon? I ended up playing part of the 10 hour trial today and noticed that improvements have been made for Xbox One. So I ended up pre-ordering a copy at BB for pickup tomorrow.

In short I done gone and lied, lol. *eatingcrow*

Remember when I said I wasn't going to buy Madden 22 anytime soon? I ended up playing part of the 10 hour trial today and noticed that improvements have been made for Xbox One. So I ended up pre-ordering a copy at BB for pickup tomorrow.

In short I done gone and lied, lol. *eatingcrow*
sounds like the people on nba 2k who talk about how they're done with the game and everyone just responds with see you next year / next week.

sounds like the people on nba 2k who talk about how they're done with the game and everyone just responds with see you next year / next week.
Exactly, I expect to be razzed too lol. We gotta have that fix, at least I was honest about it. Some folks try to hide and get called out. Who knows, maybe I’ll end up pre-ordering 2K22 at GS once I beat some games and trade them in.

target sales run sunday to saturday, you get the grocery store ads on tuesday but the sales dont start til wednesday, and sales run wednesday to tuesday 90% of the time.

I think you just are thinking of different ads than he is talking about. The sunday paper ads used to be best buy, dicks, circuit city etc, basically B&M non grocery stores with ads running sunday to saturday.
The grocery ad thing is highly dependent on your location, so I assume you've only lived in the same general region. I've been on the east coast where grocery store ads ran from Sunday through Saturday and were included in the Sunday papers. I've also been on the west coast where the grocery sale periods run from Wednesday through Tuesday, like you said. Those come in the mail so I assume they're not packed in with Sunday papers.

Just putting this out there before another pointless argument starts about sale start and end periods. :whee:

The grocery ad thing is highly dependent on your location, so I assume you've only lived in the same general region. I've been on the east coast where grocery store ads ran from Sunday through Saturday and were included in the Sunday papers. I've also been on the west coast where the grocery sale periods run from Wednesday through Tuesday, like you said. Those come in the mail so I assume they're not packed in with Sunday papers.

Just putting this out there before another pointless argument starts about sale start and end periods. :whee:
I actually live in the northeast. Giant eagle is a eastern chain.

I picked up my Cyberpunk and steel case earlier and I saw probably 70 copies of the game waiting for people to pick them up so it did well in my area at least.

Such as Meijer who runs them Sunday thru Saturday.

I picked up my Cyberpunk and steel case earlier and I saw probably 70 copies of the game waiting for people to pick them up so it did well in my area at least.
Mine and my case seem to be lost in FedEx world, 3 days of in transit.

giphy.gif

My order had showed the game would arrive at local store today, but the steelbook was unknown. Then today once the game arrived, it immediately just said both items were ready for pickup. Guess I'll head over and see

I just meant that it seems a lot of people thought the game was worth the $10.
I saw a ton of cyberpunks waiting to be picked up at my Best Buy as well while I was picking up ghost of Tsushima DC. I’d say it did well for Best Buy, at least, in that they weren’t a complete write-off for them.

Edit: completely off topic, but GoT DC on PS5 was literally the easiest platinum trophy I’ve ever “earned” as I had a PS4 save file to transfer. A little FYI to any trophy hunters out there

I picked up a copy of Cyberpunk PS4 while I was camping in NH. They told me they didn't get the steelbooks in, so I chatted w CS and they mailed me one. I won't ever open the game till the PS5 update comes out

bread's done
Back