Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

DOOM Release Date: 05/13/2016

Overwatch Release Date: 05/24/2016

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens  Release Date: 06/28/2016

Battleborn Release Date: 05/03/2016

Receive 5 Gold Skins with the "Firstborn Pack" when you Pre-order Battleborn now!

Friends and foes alike will know you were one of the first to take up arms with the Battleborn when you show up to the fight in your exclusive gold regalia.

Pre-order your copy of Battleborn and deck your heroes out with an exclusive in-game title and golden character skins for Thorn, Reyna, Montana, Marquis, and Rath.

[customspoiler=Expired]

Madden NFL 16
Release Date: 8/25/2015

Pre-Order Madden NFL 16
Give your Ultimate Team a head start with 10 Pro Packs and the Playmaker Pack.

Disney Infinity: 3.0 Edition Starter Pack

Release Date: 8/30/2015

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Pre-Order Bonus
Receive a free Toy Box Takeover game when you pre-order and purchase a Disney Infinity 3.0 edition starter pack.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Jump into the action with this Day One Edition, which additional game content, such as Adam-ska Special, a silver personal ballistic shield, a Wetland cardboard box, a blue urban fatigues outfit and a Metal Gear Online boost.

Mad Max

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Pre-order Mad Max at Best Buy, and get the in-pack Ripper, an additional fully upgradeable Magnum Opus car body.

Forza Motorsport 6

Release Date: 9/15/2015

Pre-order Forza Motorsport 6 and receive access to an in-game 2014 BMW M4 coupe. The new twin-turbo inline six is a spectacular performer that is grippy and transitions like a trooper. Experience the power of the smaller, lighter motor that offers enhanced handling. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

FIFA 16

Release Date: 9/22/2015

Pre-order FIFA 16 Standard Edition now and get up to $15 worth of FUT Gold Packs over 15 weeks.*
*Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

Pre-order FIFA 16 Deluxe Edition now and get up to $50 worth of FUT Premium Gold Packs over 20 weeks.* Start your Ultimate Team season with Lionel Messi on your squad for 5 games and use the new "KO" and "BAILANDO ROBOT" celebrations when you pre-order today. *Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

NBA 2K16

Release Date: 9/25/2015

NBA 2K16 Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order NBA 2K16 to receive your game Friday, September 25, before the standard Tuesday, September 29 release. Plus, get 10,000 virtual currency (VC), and MyTEAM VIP package. While supplies last.

Guitar Hero Live

Release Date: 10/20/2015

Guitar Hero Live Pre-Order Bonuses
Pre-order and purchase to experience what it's like to play with Avenged Sevenfold on the big stage. Bonus content includes premium shows, custom note highways and more. Only at Best Buy: You'll also receive an additional pre-order bonus of a Guitar Hero Live microphone.

Bonus content available from October 20 to November 2, 2015. Internet connection required. For more information, visit www.guitarhero.com/bonus.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Release Date: 10/23/2015

PRE-ORDER NOW AND GET THE DARWIN & DICKENS CONSPIRACY MISSION
Embark on two pulse-quickening missions that will take you into the inner sanctums of London's most influential men. Defend Charles Darwin's discoveries from those who would kill to silence him. And help a friend of legendary writer Charles Dickens to keep a secret that could get him killed. While supplies last. Online and in-store customers will receive their code packed with the game.

:ps4: PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVE CONTENT  :ps4:
Includes 10 exclusive Dreadful Crimes missions.

10,000 BONUS CREDITS FOR THE JOIN THE FAMILY REWARDS PROGRAM*
Pre-order to receive 10,000 Bonus Credits. Join the Family to earn a wide range of Assassin's Creed rewards. Earn credits for being a fan and cash in your earnings for rewards, prizes, and even bigger giveaways. Sign up anytime at assassinscreed.com/rewards. * Code to redeem your 10,000 bonus credits will be delivered via email within 72 hours.

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date: 10/27/2015

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.

Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians and receive tokens to redeem the in-game multiplayer Longshot Assault Rifle with Recoil Compensator and Athlon Iccus Armor.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Release Date: 11/6/2015

Players who pre-order will receive the NUK3TOWN Bonus Map*, available on PS4, Xbox One and PC via in-box redemption code.

Fallout 4

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Free Fallout 4 Perk Poster
Pre-order Fallout 4 today and get a physical Vault-Tec Perk Poster, fully colorized retro fun for the ultimate Wasteland survivor.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Preorder Rise of the Tomb Raider for Xbox One at Best Buy and receive a token to redeem The Sparrowhawk Pack. The Sparrowhawk Pack contains the in-game Sparrowhawk Outfit, White Wood Recurve Bow skin and Master Hunter journal pages. Only at Best Buy. Alone and without precious resources in the Siberian wilderness, Lara crafted an outfit from the furs and hides of animals she has hunted. The outfit will boost Lara's hunting ability, causing animals to scare less easily.

Rise of the Tomb Raider Pop-Up Art Sleeve.
Get a unique and exciting pop-up packaging when you pre-order the game.

Star Wars Battlefront 3

Release Date: 11/17/2015

Star Wars: Battlefront Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order Star Wars: Battlefront and be among the first players to experience the Battle of Jakku, the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronts key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet in the Outer Rim. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

Rainbow Six Siege

Release Date: 12/1/2015

Pre-order now and get the gold weapons skin pack.

:xb1: Includes Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for free.  :xb1:

fg_thedivision.jpg
Tom Clancy's The Division
Release Date: 3/8/2016

IzjBSGp.png

Redeem this code, "AGENTORIGINS", to unlock your 4 Free Division Agent Gear Sets inspired by the video series! Each gear set will give your in-game Division Agent a unique look and includes skills that will help you take back New York!

agent-origins-gear_rewards_sets_235317.j
GUARANTEED BETA ACCESS
Pre-Order your copy of Tom Clancy's The Division for guaranteed Beta access. E-mail delivered within 72 hours of pre-order with registration instructions for the Beta.

Hazmat Gear Set with Pre-Order
Your gear includes a hazmat suit, backpack with increased health, and a POF P416 assault rifle.
[:xb1:]  Play it first on Xbox One in December 2015. [:xb1:][/customspoiler]

FAQ
What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U or PC (platform availability varies by title). Not valid with any other offers. No dealers. No rain checks.

• Best Buy Stores: $5 deposit required to pre-order. Pre-order game by 5:00 p.m. CT on day before street date. Present member ID at time of pre-order and pickup. Purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Store: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Home: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Purchase is processed and shipped on or about street date.
Please Note: If you are not a My Best Buy member or do not present your member ID at time of pre-order, street date and/or store pickup as described in these FAQs, this offer is void.

When will I receive my $10 reward certificate?
For each qualified purchase, you will receive 500 My Best Buy points (worth $10 in reward certificates) credited to your account approximately 20 days after street date or store pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of a qualifying game and get multiple awards?
There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.
Authorization Process
When you place an order online, Best Buy authorizes your credit card to make sure sufficient credit is available. A hold is placed on funds equal to your order total until the order is fulfilled.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not get my points for Overwatch or even my recent purchases. I know that they said we can get rewards because they are moving them to somewhere else but is that the same for points?

Give us a link to the unboxed thread so we can upvote it. Because Best Buy does listen to feedback and we have as CAGs have already brought positive change to the GCU program. (3 copies per game per platform limit instead of 3 per game regardless of platform)
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gamers-Club/So-what-exactly-changed-as-of-today/td-p/970144

Unfortunately, they have been consolidating threads into one to limit views and I'm pretty sure they have deleted some posts. But, they are aware of it and threw out a half-hearted "but, but, we are giving you more $10 reward games" deflection in the thread.

Here is my post from the thread in case it gets deleted there: This is very sad. I think I will be purchasing all my games from other retailers during black Friday now, even if BestBuy has a better price. Since they will be excluding the benefits of my paid membership; I will be excluding them from my wallet during that same period. My terms and conditions have changed.

Here is my post from the thread in case it gets deleted there: This is very sad. I think I will be purchasing all my games from other retailers during black Friday now, even if BestBuy has a better price. Since they will be excluding the benefits of my paid membership; I will be excluding them from my wallet during that same period. My terms and conditions have changed.
I'm sure they laughed at that.

Let's reward retailers that never made the effort ! Rather than continue to reward the company that is still making more effort than every other retailer at providing deals. That's how we end up with only MSRP pricing year round. Don't be stupid.

Hahaha you don't make a difference

why does it matter if GCU is in effect on black friday? if the games are cheaper at best buy, buy them there, if they are cheaper somewhere else, buy them there. pretty damn simple.

Well considering the game came out on May 23rd, you can't pre-order it anymore, no.
Obvious statement is obvious. He's asking for the people that pre-ordered it and haven't received the bonus points (but already have the regular points).

Give it another week.

Yeah! You show them who's boss!
Power to the Players!

lol I've been a member from the beginning. Gcu is awful compared to before. We got coupons in a physical magazine for yrs that were also excellent. And the pre-order selection has been bad as well.

Even trade ins and bonuses have dwindled.
He's right you know. The occasional free crap game was far better than 20% off everything.

why does it matter if GCU is in effect on black friday? if the games are cheaper at best buy, buy them there, if they are cheaper somewhere else, buy them there. pretty damn simple.
That's the brass tacks about all this. If there isn't another shoe to drop (like further exclusions later) and this enables them to lower prices further on BF (this year they were not as good as previous years, maybe they were being conservative due to GCU), then it will be fine. But the "good part" of this is a mystery, we just see the "bad part" right now with no apparent benefit to the changes. I'm not a fan of giving up a benefit on the hope that a corporation will make good down the road, I just don't trust them. Without GCU, they were pretty much beaten by one retailer or another on their deals. If their ad is again disappointing AND we don't get GCU to improve it, they will be beaten by the competition and it will show in their sales, no boycott required. On Black Friday, people follow the best deals.

They didn't advertise this change, it was hidden in the fine print and many missed it on the first read (there is a question as to whether it was there when the email first went out).

Scrolling past posts is hard, yo.
Soooo maybe you didn't get the email, but I, and many other GCU members, did. An email notifiying you a change of the terms is about about as much advertising of these changes as you're gonna get by any company today.

He's right you know. The occasional free crap game was far better than 20% off everything.
Seriously? I'll take all games at 20% off of some crap coupons I probably won't use any day, especially since you can use it on collectors editions.

(I didn't join GCU until after the coupons stopped so I'm not positive... Was it 20% off AND coupons? Or just coupons?)

Seriously? I'll take all games at 20% off of some crap coupons I probably won't use any day, especially since you can use it on collectors editions.

(I didn't join GCU until after the coupons stopped so I'm not positive... Was it 20% off AND coupons? Or just coupons?)
Coupons and a sweet magazine to get all your gaming news from.

Maybe points will be up today. Available points disappeared on my account and the reward history page is giving an error.

I have also not received my bonus $10 cert for my overwatch pre order. My rewards history says the transaction is still pending. Hopefully once they get this sorted out, the points will be credited to my account.

Also, has anyone had a problem getting their bonus pre order points when they use a giftcard to buy the game? When you look at the total for the transaction, it comes up as $0. Hopefully this does not effect me getting the pre order $10.

I have also not received my bonus $10 cert for my overwatch pre order. My rewards history says the transaction is still pending. Hopefully once they get this sorted out, the points will be credited to my account.

Also, has anyone had a problem getting their bonus pre order points when they use a giftcard to buy the game? When you look at the total for the transaction, it comes up as $0. Hopefully this does not effect me getting the pre order $10.
I've done purchases with 100 % gift card and still got the bonus points

I haven't ether. Points were posted, but not the bonus. Although I used the $10 cert from The Division to help pay so I don't know if that will effect it.

I haven't ether. Points were posted, but not the bonus. Although I used the $10 cert from The Division to help pay so I don't know if that will effect it.
Your method of payment. Cash, credit, debit, rewards, gift cards will NOT impact the $10 bonus. It will impact the base points for the purchase, but not the bonus.

best buy's reward stuff has been MIA for like 10 days while they move to a new system or whatever bullshit excuse, you can't issue certs and you aren't going to get new points until its back up

GCU question - When you renew GCU, do you get the welcome packet of sweet sweet coupons or is that only when you initially enroll?

best buy's reward stuff has been MIA for like 10 days while they move to a new system or whatever bullshit excuse, you can't issue certs and you aren't going to get new points until its back up
My watch has more memory than whatever they are using for the transition. Shouldn't take that long.

Did anyone else get an e-mail about a "correction" to the GCU T&C?  It's the same as the previous update, but they removed all mentions to Black Friday.  I only glanced at it, but, it seems they folded on the GCU+Black Friday front, so hooray for us.

Did anyone else get an e-mail about a "correction" to the GCU T&C? It's the same as the previous update, but they removed all mentions to Black Friday. I only glanced at it, but, it seems they folded on the GCU+Black Friday front, so hooray for us.
It's still there: "Benefit does not combine with promotions advertised in Best Buy's Thanksgiving Day physical ad or expanded digital ad. Limit 3 copies of each title per platform per year per member. Valid on in-stock items only. No rainchecks. No dealers."

Did anyone else get an e-mail about a "correction" to the GCU T&C? It's the same as the previous update, but they removed all mentions to Black Friday. I only glanced at it, but, it seems they folded on the GCU+Black Friday front, so hooray for us.
Nope it never said black Friday. It said Thanksgiving which it still does.

Yeah, this is starting to get annoying. My point total has been sitting at the same number despite numerous orders over the last two weeks. This better not fuck up the amount of points I am supposed to have.

Definitely needs a thread made.

I read both emails side by side and saw no difference in anything. What am i missing with this "correction"?

People claimed that the Thanksgiving ad clause was not in the terms when the first email went out. The second email was likely to cover that problem.
It's was in there, which is why we have been talking about it since the first email went out. I didn't see a difference in the emails.

It's was in there, which is why we have been talking about it since the first email went out. I didn't see a difference in the emails.
If you look at the first mentions of it here and on the Best Buy forum, people were saying that there was no change and they were confused about the reason for the email. It took a few hours before the change was noticed which likely implies that some of the emails went out before the terms were actually changed online.

If you look at the first mentions of it here and on the Best Buy forum, people were saying that there was no change and they were confused about the reason for the email. It took a few hours before the change was noticed which likely implies that some of the emails went out before the terms were actually changed online.
The first email was sent on the first, it was discussed here

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/356583-changes-to-best-buy-gcu/page-1

As well as other threads that popped up, including this one.

If you read that thread, it took until the 41st post by Tyrok before the change was noticed. Multiple people saw no change when they read the terms. The thread that you linked supports what I said in my last post.
That's because people skimmed. It was noticed that same day, not yesterday when the new email went out is what I'm trying to say.

If you read that thread, it took until the 41st post by Tyrok before the change was noticed. Multiple people saw no change when they read the terms. The thread that you linked supports what I said in my last post.
It might not have changed until after I said that. The internal employee post about it had 2 bullet points: No GCU on the BF ad and no more double points for regular MBBY accounts.

It might not have changed until after I said that. The internal employee post about it had 2 bullet points: No GCU on the BF ad and no more double points for regular MBBY accounts.
How nice of Best Buy to bullet point the changes for the employees but not the customers. Got to make us search for them I guess lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back