Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

DOOM Release Date: 05/13/2016

Overwatch Release Date: 05/24/2016

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens  Release Date: 06/28/2016

Battleborn Release Date: 05/03/2016

Receive 5 Gold Skins with the "Firstborn Pack" when you Pre-order Battleborn now!

Friends and foes alike will know you were one of the first to take up arms with the Battleborn when you show up to the fight in your exclusive gold regalia.

Pre-order your copy of Battleborn and deck your heroes out with an exclusive in-game title and golden character skins for Thorn, Reyna, Montana, Marquis, and Rath.

[customspoiler=Expired]

Madden NFL 16
Release Date: 8/25/2015

Pre-Order Madden NFL 16
Give your Ultimate Team a head start with 10 Pro Packs and the Playmaker Pack.

Disney Infinity: 3.0 Edition Starter Pack

Release Date: 8/30/2015

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Pre-Order Bonus
Receive a free Toy Box Takeover game when you pre-order and purchase a Disney Infinity 3.0 edition starter pack.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Jump into the action with this Day One Edition, which additional game content, such as Adam-ska Special, a silver personal ballistic shield, a Wetland cardboard box, a blue urban fatigues outfit and a Metal Gear Online boost.

Mad Max

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Pre-order Mad Max at Best Buy, and get the in-pack Ripper, an additional fully upgradeable Magnum Opus car body.

Forza Motorsport 6

Release Date: 9/15/2015

Pre-order Forza Motorsport 6 and receive access to an in-game 2014 BMW M4 coupe. The new twin-turbo inline six is a spectacular performer that is grippy and transitions like a trooper. Experience the power of the smaller, lighter motor that offers enhanced handling. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

FIFA 16

Release Date: 9/22/2015

Pre-order FIFA 16 Standard Edition now and get up to $15 worth of FUT Gold Packs over 15 weeks.*
*Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

Pre-order FIFA 16 Deluxe Edition now and get up to $50 worth of FUT Premium Gold Packs over 20 weeks.* Start your Ultimate Team season with Lionel Messi on your squad for 5 games and use the new "KO" and "BAILANDO ROBOT" celebrations when you pre-order today. *Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

NBA 2K16

Release Date: 9/25/2015

NBA 2K16 Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order NBA 2K16 to receive your game Friday, September 25, before the standard Tuesday, September 29 release. Plus, get 10,000 virtual currency (VC), and MyTEAM VIP package. While supplies last.

Guitar Hero Live

Release Date: 10/20/2015

Guitar Hero Live Pre-Order Bonuses
Pre-order and purchase to experience what it's like to play with Avenged Sevenfold on the big stage. Bonus content includes premium shows, custom note highways and more. Only at Best Buy: You'll also receive an additional pre-order bonus of a Guitar Hero Live microphone.

Bonus content available from October 20 to November 2, 2015. Internet connection required. For more information, visit www.guitarhero.com/bonus.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Release Date: 10/23/2015

PRE-ORDER NOW AND GET THE DARWIN & DICKENS CONSPIRACY MISSION
Embark on two pulse-quickening missions that will take you into the inner sanctums of London's most influential men. Defend Charles Darwin's discoveries from those who would kill to silence him. And help a friend of legendary writer Charles Dickens to keep a secret that could get him killed. While supplies last. Online and in-store customers will receive their code packed with the game.

:ps4: PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVE CONTENT  :ps4:
Includes 10 exclusive Dreadful Crimes missions.

10,000 BONUS CREDITS FOR THE JOIN THE FAMILY REWARDS PROGRAM*
Pre-order to receive 10,000 Bonus Credits. Join the Family to earn a wide range of Assassin's Creed rewards. Earn credits for being a fan and cash in your earnings for rewards, prizes, and even bigger giveaways. Sign up anytime at assassinscreed.com/rewards. * Code to redeem your 10,000 bonus credits will be delivered via email within 72 hours.

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date: 10/27/2015

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.

Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians and receive tokens to redeem the in-game multiplayer Longshot Assault Rifle with Recoil Compensator and Athlon Iccus Armor.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Release Date: 11/6/2015

Players who pre-order will receive the NUK3TOWN Bonus Map*, available on PS4, Xbox One and PC via in-box redemption code.

Fallout 4

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Free Fallout 4 Perk Poster
Pre-order Fallout 4 today and get a physical Vault-Tec Perk Poster, fully colorized retro fun for the ultimate Wasteland survivor.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Preorder Rise of the Tomb Raider for Xbox One at Best Buy and receive a token to redeem The Sparrowhawk Pack. The Sparrowhawk Pack contains the in-game Sparrowhawk Outfit, White Wood Recurve Bow skin and Master Hunter journal pages. Only at Best Buy. Alone and without precious resources in the Siberian wilderness, Lara crafted an outfit from the furs and hides of animals she has hunted. The outfit will boost Lara's hunting ability, causing animals to scare less easily.

Rise of the Tomb Raider Pop-Up Art Sleeve.
Get a unique and exciting pop-up packaging when you pre-order the game.

Star Wars Battlefront 3

Release Date: 11/17/2015

Star Wars: Battlefront Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order Star Wars: Battlefront and be among the first players to experience the Battle of Jakku, the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronts key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet in the Outer Rim. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

Rainbow Six Siege

Release Date: 12/1/2015

Pre-order now and get the gold weapons skin pack.

:xb1: Includes Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for free.  :xb1:

fg_thedivision.jpg
Tom Clancy's The Division
Release Date: 3/8/2016

IzjBSGp.png

Redeem this code, "AGENTORIGINS", to unlock your 4 Free Division Agent Gear Sets inspired by the video series! Each gear set will give your in-game Division Agent a unique look and includes skills that will help you take back New York!

agent-origins-gear_rewards_sets_235317.j
GUARANTEED BETA ACCESS
Pre-Order your copy of Tom Clancy's The Division for guaranteed Beta access. E-mail delivered within 72 hours of pre-order with registration instructions for the Beta.

Hazmat Gear Set with Pre-Order
Your gear includes a hazmat suit, backpack with increased health, and a POF P416 assault rifle.
[:xb1:]  Play it first on Xbox One in December 2015. [:xb1:][/customspoiler]

FAQ
What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U or PC (platform availability varies by title). Not valid with any other offers. No dealers. No rain checks.

• Best Buy Stores: $5 deposit required to pre-order. Pre-order game by 5:00 p.m. CT on day before street date. Present member ID at time of pre-order and pickup. Purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Store: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Home: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Purchase is processed and shipped on or about street date.
Please Note: If you are not a My Best Buy member or do not present your member ID at time of pre-order, street date and/or store pickup as described in these FAQs, this offer is void.

When will I receive my $10 reward certificate?
For each qualified purchase, you will receive 500 My Best Buy points (worth $10 in reward certificates) credited to your account approximately 20 days after street date or store pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of a qualifying game and get multiple awards?
There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.
Authorization Process
When you place an order online, Best Buy authorizes your credit card to make sure sufficient credit is available. A hold is placed on funds equal to your order total until the order is fulfilled.

Last edited by a moderator:
PPL crying and complaining about Best Buy changing GCU to not be allowed on stuff like Black Friday sales are ridiculous.  There BF prices are already usually cheaper then most other stores prices.  And with the 20% off new games plus 10 dollar reward cert on a decent amount of games there is no way you cannot get your money out of it.  Not to mention most people on CAG have prob gotten 2 years of GCU for less then 30 with all the deals they had.  People can sit and argue and say prime is better and I dont see how.  For one prime is like 100 per 1 year not 2, not to mention there 20% off isnt all the time its only on preorders and for a few weeks after release, so imo people who are complaining about how horrible this is are entitled crybabies.  Or the same loser crybabies that bitch how horrible gamestop is because they are too lazy to get a fucking job and cant flip shit to gamestop to make money.

Outrage is hilarious. They should have just taken the and BF sale prices and increased them by 20%. Then "everyone" would be happy..? Better still, no sales on games on BF? Why is everyone acting like we are entitled to something?
Yes we would have been. That is what they should have done. If prices are too low, you set them where you can get the best response for the loss of profit, you don't hobble other policies so that you can appear to be lower. What would have been ideal is to show GCU prices below the sale price to encourage buyers of that as well as compete on "best price" BF spreadsheets.

This is them adjusting the terms of an agreement after the sale. We are entitled to what we paid for, nothing more nothing less. I bought a 20% discount off of all sale prices for a specified term. I no longer get that. That is NOT "entitlement".

No one is debating that it is a good deal anyways. The problem here is what else they might change in the future with low push back. What if in a couple months they eliminate ALL sale prices? They can do that.

PPL crying and complaining about Best Buy changing GCU to not be allowed on stuff like Black Friday sales are ridiculous. There BF prices are already usually cheaper then most other stores prices. And with the 20% off new games plus 10 dollar reward cert on a decent amount of games there is no way you cannot get your money out of it. Not to mention most people on CAG have prob gotten 2 years of GCU for less then 30 with all the deals they had. People can sit and argue and say prime is better and I dont see how. For one prime is like 100 per 1 year not 2, not to mention there 20% off isnt all the time its only on preorders and for a few weeks after release, so imo people who are complaining about how horrible this is are entitled crybabies. Or the same loser crybabies that bitch how horrible gamestop is because they are too lazy to get a fucking job and cant flip shit to gamestop to make money.
Ill be upset if this ever extends to normal sunday ad sales prices or daily deals but if its just BF really has no effect on my attitude towards GCU or BB for updating the T&C. Since getting GCU Ive stepped into a gamestop one time and thats only because they put Witcher 3 on sale before BB. GCU is the best thing going for gamers IMO and taking away one day doesnt change that. It is getting a bit annoying not being able to access my reward points I have saved up; I hope they hurry up and finish this system move.

PPL crying and complaining about Best Buy changing GCU to not be allowed on stuff like Black Friday sales are ridiculous. There BF prices are already usually cheaper then most other stores prices. And with the 20% off new games plus 10 dollar reward cert on a decent amount of games there is no way you cannot get your money out of it. Not to mention most people on CAG have prob gotten 2 years of GCU for less then 30 with all the deals they had. People can sit and argue and say prime is better and I dont see how. For one prime is like 100 per 1 year not 2, not to mention there 20% off isnt all the time its only on preorders and for a few weeks after release, so imo people who are complaining about how horrible this is are entitled crybabies. Or the same loser crybabies that bitch how horrible gamestop is because they are too lazy to get a fucking job and cant flip shit to gamestop to make money.
Oh man you can swear on the Internet. You're cool.

On topic is anyone's overwatch points pending? I know I know wait 2 weeks but regular points from purchase went through but no mention of 500 anywhere

Ill be upset if this ever extends to normal sunday ad sales prices or daily deals but if its just BF really has no effect on my attitude towards GCU or BB for updating the T&C. Since getting GCU Ive stepped into a gamestop one time and thats only because they put Witcher 3 on sale before BB. GCU is the best thing going for gamers IMO and taking away one day doesnt change that. It is getting a bit annoying not being able to access my reward points I have saved up; I hope they hurry up and finish this system move.
I do agree with you there. However, I think most of the complaining is being done by idiots who upped their GCU for like 20 years and shit, which when it clearly states in the fine text of any rewards program that terms and conditions are subject to change at any time is stupid and idiotic anyways. I just hate seeing the whining and crying people do about video games. 60 dollars for a game is not that much money when most games are 10+ hours of entertainment value. It costs like 20 for a person to go see a movie. The gaming community has become full of entitled babys who think they are owed and entitled to shit and just gets sickening and tirering. For the amount of money and time developers put into games they really should charge more then 60. And yet a lot of gamers these days do no support the devs and think they deserve shit for free. If that thinking continues sooner or later the gaming industry is gonna crash like it did back in the 80s and I know most of us dont want to see that happen. Bottom line gaming is not really a hobby to have if you dont have the money to support it, so if you dont, gtfo, stop crying, and find a different means of entertainment. I honestly think people have forgotten the NES and SNES days when new games came out at 70 and 80 bucks over the standard 60 it is today.

As I mentioned before, the rewards points program is on hold while they migrate the servers. Service is supposed to resume on the 5th. The only thing they can do now is allow use of previously issues certificates. they can't post them, add or remove points, or issue new certificates until service resumes.

I honestly think people have forgotten the NES and SNES days when new games came out at 70 and 80 bucks over the standard 60 it is today.
Well, to be fair that was Nintendo's greed driving the price up. In order to license a game, they not only needed Nintendo's seal of approval but also had to pay a royalty fee for manufacturing of proprietary cartridges. That is what drove N64 prices far above their competition with Sony at that time as well. Funny how M$ has all these hoops to jump through with licensing and was bashed by game developers for those practices yet Nintendo gets a pass? Double standards indeed.

I do agree with you there. However, I think most of the complaining is being done by idiots who upped their GCU for like 20 years and shit, which when it clearly states in the fine text of any rewards program that terms and conditions are subject to change at any time is stupid and idiotic anyways. I just hate seeing the whining and crying people do about video games. 60 dollars for a game is not that much money when most games are 10+ hours of entertainment value. It costs like 20 for a person to go see a movie. The gaming community has become full of entitled babys who think they are owed and entitled to shit and just gets sickening and tirering. For the amount of money and time developers put into games they really should charge more then 60. And yet a lot of gamers these days do no support the devs and think they deserve shit for free. If that thinking continues sooner or later the gaming industry is gonna crash like it did back in the 80s and I know most of us dont want to see that happen. Bottom line gaming is not really a hobby to have if you dont have the money to support it, so if you dont, gtfo, stop crying, and find a different means of entertainment. I honestly think people have forgotten the NES and SNES days when new games came out at 70 and 80 bucks over the standard 60 it is today.
I have a job, and clearly remember the NES (high school) and SNES (college) days. My beef isn't with games, it is with a retailer. And I expect nothing more than what I was told when I paid for it for the term in which I paid for. Yes, they said they could change terms and conditions, and you know what? They can change them more, particularly if everyone shrugs and says it is "whining" when benefits are reduced. What is sickening is the amount of corporate apologists that are willing to just let it slide. No one forced Best Buy to make those terms and agreements, they did it to sell more video games. And if no one sat back and thought about Black Friday implications, then they may need to make an internal change to their marketing team.

What happens is they first nip a little corner here. Then they take a bit off the side, then over here, then over there. And before you know it, you the benefits they advertised and you paid for are worth a fraction of what they were before. But hey, since this time it isn't that big a deal, let's just ignore it.

You are sending them the wrong message.

Not sure how many days a year BBY is closed, but let's say 360 open days. We are talking about not being able to use it 1/360 possible days, and on that one day, it's only for specific items at that.

If you really think this is the thin end of the wedge that will make way for future T&C changes, then by all means cancel and try to get the remaining time in your membership credited back as pro-rated. I'd be curious to hear how that works out. It also sends a good strong message to corporate. I wouldn't do that myself, but I support your right to support my rights :)

you can complain to BB all you want, but problem is that no other retailer has stepped up to challenge it. BB is probably thinking they're fine as long as GCU is better than Amazon Prime gaming.

If Amazon matches BB like it always does it's cheaper for me.  6% tax instead of 8%.  Summer hasn't even started yet so I'll worry about black friday in 5 months when the ads leak.

Not sure how many days a year BBY is closed, but let's say 360 open days. We are talking about not being able to use it 1/360 possible days, and on that one day, it's only for specific items at that.

If you really think this is the thin end of the wedge that will make way for future T&C changes, then by all means cancel and try to get the remaining time in your membership credited back as pro-rated. I'd be curious to hear how that works out. It also sends a good strong message to corporate. I wouldn't do that myself, but I support your right to support my rights :)
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not outraged to the point where I will cancel my GCU or boycott the company or never shop there again (people that say this need to put up or shut up). I'm mildly annoyed and wary of future changes.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not outraged to the point where I will cancel my GCU or boycott the company or never shop there again (people that say this need to put up or shut up). I'm mildly annoyed and wary of future changes.
It comes down to this. You have the choice to get GCU and shop and best buy, or shop at another retailer. At this point, even with this change GCU is the best option. It's not even really debatable. At the point that Best Buy changes it do that it is no longer the best option, I'll take my money elsewhere.

Pick and choose your battles. Boycotting everything because it isn't perfect is just stupid and causes more harm than good.

I think someone above hit the nail on the head. No other retailer has put a serious attempt to compete with Best Buy. If Amazon didn't half ass their "20% off with Prime" program, I bet best buy would have never made this change. Yet, people are saying they are going to reward retailers that never even made a full effort.

Take out gcu last black Friday and best buy was beat on a lot of games by Wal-Mart
That's exactly the point. They want to be able to compete on advertised price with other retailers on Black Friday, but any price they put up has to factor in the 20%. This is their way of being able to put up a "lowest" price. I get that. Black Friday competition is super fierce, and people will make decisions on where to shop over a few dollars on a few items.

I do still think the would be better served by having both prices shown like this:

$19.99 -> $17.99 with GCU!

Then have ample links to advertising GCU. They could get tons of sales on GCU prior to BF, plus have the lower price listed in the ad (and not hidden). The important thing is that lower price appear front and center, because sites make "Shopping guides" showing things like that.

But, as long as their deals are still competitive without the added discount, it won't be a big deal in reality. They will have to do better than they did last year, GCU was pretty much the only thing that made them "better" last year on Black Friday. Their sale prices were mostly beaten.

I'm not upset to the point of cancelling or boycotting or anything silly like that over this. I do think we should speak up that we aren't fond of the change. That way they know we see it and it is well known, because that tells them they cannot sail a change like this under the radar, and it makes them hesitant to make further alterations to the deal (picturing Darth Vader in Bespin right now). They pay attention to how easily they can change terms and the customer reaction.

Posted today (6/2/16) from a mod on the BB forums:

The option to convert points into certificates is temporarily unavailable while we transition to a new system, which could very well be done within the next day or so.

That's exactly the point. They want to be able to compete on advertised price with other retailers on Black Friday, but any price they put up has to factor in the 20%. This is their way of being able to put up a "lowest" price. I get that. Black Friday competition is super fierce, and people will make decisions on where to shop over a few dollars on a few items.

I do still think the would be better served by having both prices shown like this:

$19.99 -> $17.99 with GCU!
A $20 game is $16 with GCU. If their strategy here is to better compete on advertised price, then I don't see why this change would matter much as you would be getting a similar price in the end. Remember, most people are dumb and I imagine having 2 prices in the BF ad would be confusing to a lot of people. Imagine all the people showing up at Best Buy who don't have Gamers Club expecting to get the Gamers Club price because they don't understand what it means. They can get away with that kind of advertising on a different week, but I wouldn't do that on BF.

I don't see this being a precursor to taking away more benefits, but if you do, you can let them know on the Unboxed forum. Personally, I don't think this is a fight worth having. If they feel like it's a good business decision to take away more benefits, I doubt some CAGs complaining about it is going to change their mind. For now, GCU is still the best thing going when it comes to gaming deals and I will continue to support them because a world where GCU or Best Buy doesn't exist is a much much bigger concern than not stacking GCU on Black Friday.

Walmart beating them on advertised price last year doesn't really matter. New year, new deals and I'm not going to get worried about BF pricing in June. Nobody knows what the discounts will be at this point.

Honestly discussing this on here does absolutely nothing. Except force everyone else to scroll through these posts.
And inform people of the changes to a membership they paid for so they might be aware of potential impacts? They didn't advertise this change, it was hidden in the fine print and many missed it on the first read (there is a question as to whether it was there when the email first went out).

Scrolling past posts is hard, yo.

Not happy with the GCU change. I'll post about my unhappiness at the Best Buy forums, because they do seem to respond to the community there. Bummed, but not overreacting.

With that being said, on topic, looks like they added some $10 certificate games:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/my-best-buy-get-10/pcmcat308100050002.c?id=pcmcat308100050002 

For those that don't want to click, titles added are:

Madden 17

Mafia III

Gears of War 4

Battlefield 1 

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare 

NBA 2K17

Still can't convert points to certs, but 4 of 4 purchases that I made nearly 2 weeks ago are now pending in my rewards history.

Making your voice heard is great and all, but be careful what you wish for. If everyone took the advice to not renew, do you think GCU would stay around? No. So you'd lose 361 more days of the best deal in gaming. If that happened, do you think Amazon would continue their half assed effort to match it? No... Then we are back at paying full MSRP. GCU is still by far the best "rewards" program that a company offers at this point. That's not even debatable, so I'll continue to support it until it is no longer the best.
Yeah, I still remember how Amazon was matching all the Kmart preorder deals. The moment Kmart couldn't keep up and stopped, guess what Amazon did, completely stopped also.

And inform people of the changes to a membership they paid for so they might be aware of potential impacts? They didn't advertise this change, it was hidden in the fine print and many missed it on the first read (there is a question as to whether it was there when the email first went out).

Scrolling past posts is hard, yo.
Reading comprehension is hard yo.

I never said anything about informing folks of changed policy. Having multiple post of said policy is another thing. Make a thread in the unbox forum, rally up support...whatever. Having debate with other members who clearly don't think the changes are that much of a hardship is counterproductive. All this effort to persuade folks meh about the changes instead of rallying up like-minded folks and speak to people who may change this policy back. If you are that passionate about it cool but reading your debate about it is not cool because shit gets repetitive.

Edit: I don't even know why I bother, there is always folks who need to get the last word in.

Why hasn't anyone made a new thread since this one isn't being updated anymore? I would but I know I couldn't do it justice but I feel a new one should be made, or is it possible for a not to edit or give edit rights to thread?

I never said anything about informing folks of changed policy. Having multiple post of said policy is another thing. Make a thread in the unbox forum, rally up support...whatever. Having debate with other members who clearly don't think the changes are that much of a hardship is counterproductive. All this effort to persuade folks meh about the changes instead of rallying up like-minded folks and speak to people who may change this policy back. If you are that passionate about it cool but reading your debate about it is not cool because shit gets repetitive.
In fact, there is a thread about this very change: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/356583-changes-to-best-buy-gcu

Why hasn't anyone made a new thread since this one isn't being updated anymore? I would but I know I couldn't do it justice but I feel a new one should be made, or is it possible for a not to edit or give edit rights to thread?
If HTZ would add a Wiki to this thread that would fix things.

It looks like RZ certificates will come back online Sunday night/Monday morning. Thats what BB have said on the forums at least. 

Hopefully there are enough complaints to make them allow discounts on black friday.
Complaints won't matter. All that matters is dollars. If they lose enough sales due to this change and aren't blind to the reason that might. Granted they may say "oh its because games don't sell well so....away with gcu." I doubt that will happen but when I see the decisions some heads of business make it has me wondering the logic.

I am looking at making my 2nd bb account to a gcu account. It has the same address and name but the email and phone # are different. Is that good or do i need to switch the address?

Whining thread police posts also get repetitive. You do realize posts like that also contribute towards posts people have to scroll by as well, right? We have mods that can reign things in if they really spin out of control, but talking about Best Buy changes in a Best Buy thread doesn't seem like a stretch to me. I'd bet almost everyone looking into these $10 certs. have GCU.

Be that as it may:

- It was being discussed here, so I responded - I did not bring the conversation here.

- I have commented on the other thread.

- I did post on Unboxed with my same suggestion.

- Many members here DO think it is an issue.

Good enough reading for you?

Give us a link to the unboxed thread so we can upvote it. Because Best Buy does listen to feedback and we have as CAGs have already brought positive change to the GCU program. (3 copies per game per platform limit instead of 3 per game regardless of platform)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back